(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballypinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

8 years later
#12370 5 months ago

Hey guys, I just had 8 machines dropped off and I have been tasked with selling the machines for the estate of a pinball collector who passed away (I don't know his name). The 8 machines are TAF, LotR, PotC, MM (original), IJ, Elvis Gold, SWE1, and DE Star Wars. The 3 Stern machines literally look like they have never been played. They are all super nice. The Elvis Gold, for example, still has the goodie bag stapled inside and comes with the Certificate of Authenticity signed by Gary Stern and Steve Ritchie. The TAF looks like it when through a major restoration. Again, it is extremely nice and has a topper. The MM is in super nice condition as well. The IJ is in nice condition, but I did notice that the backglass has a corner of the glass that broke off (the translite is fine) and the cabinet has a couple of fairly large scratches on the side (the decals are still bright orange). The SWE1 looks above average, but it is not a collector piece or HUO. The DE Star Wars is in fair to average condition with some cabinet touch-ups (it is a French re-import with single slot coin door). So far, the machines were turned on and power up, but none have been tested yet. All of the machines had the balls removed from them. I am undecided on what machine to start looking at first, so I thought I would present the machines to Pinside to see if anyone has a specific interest in any of the machine. That might dictate which machine to inspect and test first. The estate is looking for fair prices (they are not giving them away or entertaining low ball prices). However, they likely will beat any current price for a comparable machine offered on Pinside. They are in the Los Angeles area and available to test and inspect. If anyone is outside of the Southern California area, I can post pictures in a Marketplace ad. PM me with any questions as this forum is too large to check for replies.

1 month later
#12482 3 months ago

Any interest in a nice SWE1 and a rough Data East Star Wars for $5,000? The SWE1 is clean and needs nothing. The DE machine is a French reimport with a French coin door, rough cabinet, and playfield inserts that are listing. It works fine, it just needs cosmetic work. $5,000 for the pair. Pickup in the Los Angeles area. DM me for pics or look at the LA craigslist and LA OfferUp site.

#12483 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Auctions used to be so fun. Legit deals. Huge inventory of stuff that had been forgotten about in warehouses and current ownership wanted GONE. You’d go with your buddies, rent a u-haul, get there at 8am, stay till 1am…load up a truck with tons of games, drive home half asleep and unload everything & still have to return the truck.
Actually, there’s no way I’d have the energy to do that anymore…good memories tho.

Did you ever go to the C.A. Robinson auctions back in the early 1980's? Man those were fun. Wall-to-wall games for less than half their true value. Unbelievable deals and the staff was so nice. I don't recall there being a buyer's premium since the company owned all of the machines.

3 weeks later
#12546 77 days ago

I am trying to unload the last 3 machines that I was commissioned to sell for the estate of a pinball collector. I have an Elvis Gold that looks like it just came out of the box. Comes with signed COA. Manual and goodie bag still stapled inside the cabinet. 2nd game is a SWE1, which is clean and needs nothing. 3rd game is a rough Data East Star Wars. This machine is a French reimport with a French coin door, rough cabinet, and playfield inserts that are listing. It works fine, it just needs cosmetic work. $11,000 for all three machines. Pickup in the Los Angeles area. DM me for pics or look at the LA craigslist and LA OfferUp site.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballypinwiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=ballypinwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.