(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2285 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Elvira and the Party Monsters is sold and is going to a new home.

That would be mine Thank you!

3 months later
#2772 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Anyways, im removing it from this thread so you guys will have to pick on someone else...and God forbid any of you policeman ever add a penny on top of what you pay for any game u ever try and sell. The game is shopped and ready to go...only would get an addtl "windex wipedown" on its way out...or not

Hey, I saw your listing here and on ebay as well and noticed a Bride of Pinbot next to it. Ever considered trading that one?

#2790 8 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Hate to do this, but I need the space and cash. Up for sale is a very nice "players condition" Whirlwind. Game is clean and plays 100%. This is the second one I've owned and have played others in the past. With that said, this has to be the best playing WW I've come across. It's smooth and fast. The game has been re-rubbered, new decal around the spinning discs and LED's. Cabinet is very good and so is the playfield. It does have a few small wear spots and the usual broken plastics. I'm happy to send more detailed pics to any and all interested parties. I live in Santa Clarita. $2400 obo

Do you by chance have better pictures of the playfield and some closeups of both sides of the cabinet?

#2872 8 years ago

Selling my Pirates of the Caribbean by Stern, for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area. $4999, for many high res pics check this link:

http://www.moonbeamarcade.com/pirates.html

Might consider trades but would prefer to sell it locally.

1_(resized).JPG1_(resized).JPG

#2874 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let me know if you're ever bored of that Who Dunnit!

Eventually....but not yet, still love it

1 week later
#2916 8 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Thinking of trading my Dr. Who for a Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, Getaway, Who Dunnit or Black Knight 2000. The Dr. Who is in very nice shape, cab is very nice, touched up where needed, nice color, head is slightly faded, playfield is nice, plays great, Mini playfield works great. Cab has no drill holes. Has new buttons, glass, coin door was repainted. Looking for the above games in just as nice shape as the Dr. Who. Thanks Mike Paris

How about trading that Scared Stiff?

1 week later
#3045 8 years ago

If anyone has a good quality Scared Stiff or Theater of Magic that they are looking to trade in the Los Angeles area, then send me a message! I made two posts showing games that I have available to trade for them here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-scared-stiff-bally-1996-2001
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-theatre-of-magic-bally-1995-2001

I recently got a bunch of arcade machines hence space is getting tight, so looking to trade some of my pins to get one of the above two mentioned pins if I can.

#3081 8 years ago

Selling my Judge Dredd, great condition, restored, led'd, has original translite and alternate backglass, deadworld mod installed and original deadworld disc as well. $3850 but I am interested in trades as well. Also have great condition Diner, Swords of Fury and Riverboat Gambler I'd consider trading for more expensive tables like Scared Stuff, Creature, Theatre of Magic. Lots of high res pics of Dredd table are here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/judgedredd.html

Los Angeles area only sales or trades, no shipping.

#3095 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking for an RBION in SoCal. Must be a smoke free machine. Prefer HUO.

Came across this one on craigslist: ventura.craigslist.org link

#3147 8 years ago

Well it isn't pinball but it is game room related! Selling my Flynn's neon sign for $380, shown in the attached pics. Ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31748

Local pickup in Los Angeles only.

3_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg

2_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

#3167 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dont do it! ACDC premium or bust!

I've played both and actually like the Pro better, plays faster and is more fun to me. But to each their own.

#3181 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

That's some sweet neon you've got going on in that room. Any of it come from ELECTRONICA?

Thanks! All from China actually. Three were custom made, my Moonbeam Arcade logo I described to an artist friend who drew it on paper for me and a dude in China turned it into Neon, and the Defender and Pacman neon's were custom made by the same guy in China from pictures I found from Flynn's arcade that Disney briefly had. All the rest were stock purchase on Ebay from sellers in China.

While I'm typing I'll bump my Judge Dredd sale here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-judge-dredd-bally-1993-2013

There has been interest in the alternate backglass so I will sell that separately for $150, hence I can sell the machine without the alternate backglass for $3700. As stated the machine is in great condition, see my weblink here for better pictures:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/judgedredd.html

Also I keep getting asked if Who Dunnit and Elvira are for sale and they are not, sorry!

#3182 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Well it isn't pinball but it is game room related! Selling my Flynn's neon sign for $380, shown in the attached pics. Ad is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/31748
Local pickup in Los Angeles only.

3_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg1_(resized).jpg

Ok just removed this ad. My wife loves the Flynn's neon sign and doesn't want me to sell it, so it stays

1 week later
#3212 8 years ago

EDIT: Not selling this anymore.

#3216 8 years ago

Yeah I get many requests for both Elvira and Who Dunnit lol, I'm used to it by now.

#3219 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Damn, I had a Who Dunnit and couldnt give the thing away

The selling market can be weird. Sometimes no one cares about a game, then sometimes people will sell a lung to get one.

#3220 8 years ago

EDIT: Not selling these anymore.

#3242 8 years ago
Quoted from swanng:

@ Reality_Studio
Did you pick up that Tempest in Orange County also?

Yeah I bought Tempest from someone in Stanton. Had two make two trips because I stupidly thought my van would fit both Scared Stiff and Tempest, but it didn't, so picked up Scared Stiff one day then back down for Tempest last Saturday. I do have to ask though, how did you know about Tempest? It's mildly creepy that you know something that I haven't posted about lol.

#3249 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

congrats on the tempest and ss... im guessing you got these from kalan?

Tempest was from him, I got Scared Stiff in the Fullerton area from pinsider Surfsidedetail, both are nice guys to chat with. On that note, I relocated some games and made room, so decided to not sell my AC/DC anymore, gonna keep it now that I have room again

2 weeks later
#3324 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

It's good to know he's at least honest with his "friends"... But if the shoe fits be careful when it comes flying off. I know at least 6 people on Pinside alone whom have been screwed by his NOT honesty. He is the pure definition of rag and tag flipper.
Yes I know who his associates are, I know he helps you know who sell his games cause he doesn't like social media but that doesn't do anything for me. Misrepresentation is exactly what it is. We don't have to make up some stupid excuse to try and cover his antics. He misleads and misguides people all the time. It's not once or twice, but all the time. I'm glad you have worked with him on several occasions, at least you are getting it straight.

I recently bought my Scared Stiff from a guy in Fullerton who I presume is the same one you are talking about. He was cool, straightforward guy and I was very happy with the table. I dunno, maybe I'm lucky but then I again I've noticed it's customary on Pinside to crap on people that sell games beyond a certain price point.

#3326 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty nice Scared Stiff wasn't it? I think anytime you do a local purchase or sale when you can deal face to face, there is less chance of a letdown on either end.

Yeah it's mint, real happy with it, that one is never leaving my collection I guess maybe that's the difference since I dealt with him face to face. When I sell tables I also insist on local sales only, that way the person can see what they are getting and be happy with it, hence no misunderstandings or communication issues.

2 weeks later
#3393 8 years ago

They do look really clean.

1 month later
#3777 7 years ago

Thinking of selling my Diner to make room for another game. It's in great condition, fully led'd, $2900. It's located in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles area), pictures of it can be seen here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/diner.html

...and video of it can be seen here:

I've since changed the purple led's on the lower playfield, and the clock going backwards issue was fixed.

#3790 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

That Diner is super nice! I would like one some day, yours is too nice for me though. GLWTS

Thanks! I'm getting a bunch of requests for pictures of the backbox area. I keep the game at a property in Woodland Hills and I'll be back there this week, so I'll add some pictures then and them post here. That's assuming this is still a for sale thread and not yet another crap on anything Stern thread

I'm being asked why I'm selling it. It's at a property where models from out of town rent rooms, and Diner just isn't popular with them alas. Seems like the girls prefer the dmd era of pins. Likewise I also have a Time Machine at that same location that I may sell for the same reason, they don't seem to like it either.

I strongly suggest just seeing the game in person, you can play it and see if it's what you need. They are very close to the corner of Topanga/Ventura just for reference. Just message me if you want to see them so I can arrange meeting you at the property, then you can also take a look at Time Machine if that interests you as well.

#3821 7 years ago

Hey guys I added another 20 pictures for my Diner table, all are here:

You can see the Time Machine next to it that I want to sell as well in the last pics, although I likely already have a local buyer for that one. Also just fyi I am not looking to ship, this is for local pickup only as I always prefer people come by and play the table for themselves to make sure they are happy with what they are getting (It's in the Los Angeles area, Woodland Hills). And heck, we can always play my other tables as well for fun Diner is $2900 and in great condition as the pictures show, fully led'd as well. Message me if there is any interest. Oh yeah, the cup holder is not included, I need that for the game that will be replacing it

55_(resized).JPG55_(resized).JPG

#3827 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

I heard that models also hate Who Dunnit.

It's actually their favorite...but nice try

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Me want Diner.... Too bad you didn't wanna sell it 6 weeks ago when I asked to buy it, even though it was ON ebay! lol So I blew that wad on a Whirlwind.

Yeah apologies for that, but the girls really like Attack From Mars which I bought after we spoke and Ghostbusters Premium will eventually arrive as well. So as much as I don't want to sell Diner or Time Machine (I like them both), alas they have to go. First world problems I guess.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Whirlwind is a much, much better game. Your not missing out.

Personally I don't care for Whirlwind, but to each their own.

#3833 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Tell Us, how much for the Time machine?

Actually my restorer dude wants it so I'm going to work out a cash/work trade deal with him. I'll list it here with pictures and price if that falls through.

#3841 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

You should trade me the Diner for my Hurricane, ALL chicks love Hurricane, the only reason I had it was because my wife loved it, and all the women i've ever had over here only want to play the Hurricane!

Ooops I missed this, I'm getting short on room so probably won't do any trades unless it's for games that are too tough to resist like Mideval Madness, Creature from the Black Lagoon, etc...

#3921 7 years ago

Just listed my Diner on pinside, ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35564

$2900 for that one, led'd, great restored condition. Also thinking of parting ways with my AC/DC Pro. I only attached one image (the only one I have) just to see if there is any interest in this machine, would be $6500 in the Los Angeles area, local pickup only. It's heavily modded, off the top of my head it has:

- Red illuminated Helen topper
- Helen translite, also have original pro translite and another spare Helen translite
- Flipper Fidelity led backglass mod, it's shown on this link, the interactive flashers version:

http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-acdc-helen-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-available-in-two-versions.html

- Lit speakers
- Girls on each speaker grill
- Color DMD
- Fully led'd
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit for both speakers in the head and the large woofer in the cabinet
- Helen table decal over Angus's face, along with the Helen apron stickers and cards
- Shaker motor

I'll take more pics if there is any interest because I have to move some machines around to be able to take proper pics of it, which is a pain. If there's no interest at this price then I'll just keep it

20160423_220714_(resized).jpg20160423_220714_(resized).jpg

#3938 7 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Best looking pro every! Nice job

Thanks I'll prolly officially list it for sale next week, assuming I get un-lazy enough to take pictures of it. Meanwhile Diner has a pending sale on it.

#3967 7 years ago

Buyer backed out so my Diner is available again, ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35564

Lots of pictures here:

$2900 for that one, led'd, great restored condition. Also have my AC/DC Pro for $6500 heavily modded with:

- Helen translite, also have original pro translite
- Flipper Fidelity led backglass mod, it's shown on this link, the interactive flashers version with the remote control:
http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-acdc-helen-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-available-in-two-versions.html
- Lit speakers with remote control to control how the lights work.
- Color DMD
- Fully led'd
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit for both speakers in the head and the large woofer in the cabinet
- Helen table decal over Angus's face, along with the Helen apron stickers and cards
- Shaker motor

AC/DC still has the manual stapled to the inside of the cabinet. I also have the original dmd that I'd include, although be aware it has a dead pixel on it, but the color dmd looks way better anyways. Both games for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area.

#3971 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Im sorry to hear that, its my fault you know... The good lord wants ME to have that machine, but the timing for me is terrible.
However, if you need to make space, i'm willing to offer a spot at my place to store it for you until my "pinball fund" cash position improves!

So that's what happened lol. Well ironically after making my post, there was an article posted on a major website that praised my model house as being the best in the business, and the pinball/arcade machines were mentioned which I thought was very cool. So it's making me want to setup a 3rd game room in there somehow for the dolls, I have to rethink the layout a bit. Hence I'm not in a big hurry to sell either game really. I'll probably kill the ad here after two weeks but if you still want the game in the future just message me, I may still have it.

FYI, I am also interested in trades for girl friendly arcade games. I just bought a Frogger to put there after many requests for that, but would also be interested in trading for fully restored arcade games like QBert and Food Fight for example. As far as trades for pins go, if someone local has a restored condition Mideval Madness I would consider trading both games for that.

#3973 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Ac/DC before Who Dunnit? Interesting choice you made. Best of luck with sale of both games ?

The Getaway was the most popular game there until I added Who Dunnit to the lineup, now that's the most popular game. One girl just tweeted me a pic late last night when she beat one of my top scores on it lol. They love that the game has "a story line" for example, the elevator in the middle and that it's not a difficult game. One girl found the "midnight madness" feature totally by accident and loved it as well, and texted me about it when she found it. For the most part they are totally amateur players so they need games that are approachable, easy to understand, good amount of toys and not too difficult. AC/DC is a really tough game and it's also very fast, so it's a bit much for them. I have the pro model which is even faster and tougher than the premium, and while I love it I have to keep the girls in mind. But that's also why I'm not in any hurry to swap it out because, well, I love it and don't want to get rid of it lol. Who Dunnit is actually one of my favorite tables as well though, I doubt I'll ever sell that one. My thought now is to setup a third gaming area in the garage and put all the *really* tough games in there, so stuff like Defender, AC/DC Pro, etc would be in there.

#3980 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Going on vacation next Wednesday
Anyone that pick up the Centaur by then can have it for $3200
No shipping, pick up & pay cash!
And NO , you can not use it for burn wood Arkansas dude.

Maybe he just wanted to destroooooooooooy...cen...taur.

#3983 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm tellin ya... Hurricane!! And i've got a nice one for trade toward Diner!

Your T2 looks more interesting

#3991 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think Funhouse should be near the top of your list, then.
Which kind of brings to mind Taxi

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Reality_studios, you want to get a WCS94 for the ladies.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably stick to the dmd era going forwards as that screen does seem to add appeal to them. The newer games also have some little things to make play more enjoyable, like on Who Dunnit if you aren't doing well it's more likely to award you multi ball on your 3rd ball, and the newer games all have generous ball saves which I'm finding out is key to reduce gamer frustration. I have played WCS94 and that game is great fun, just wasn't sure about the sports theme since precious few of them care about sports, let alone soccer. It's really hard to predict what they will like. For example they didn't seem to care for Diner which is kind of an easier Taxi with more toys on it, I thought for sure they would like it. But then again they seem to be ok with Riverboat Gambler which is a tougher and more spartan looking game. Why? Who knows. Like my restorer dude had told me, you just have to try games and see what works which is what I've been doing. I want to put a brand new Stern game in there and see how that plays so I'll eventually add Ghostbusters Premium, maybe put a center post on it to make it a bit easier. Even though it's an old theme it seems like most everyone knows what Ghostbusters is, so it's worth a shot.

On another note, Diner has a pending sale on it again from a new buyer.

#4008 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hehe... My T2 is HUO, I have had it for over 22 years, and its one of my top-3 all-time faves, I will never part with it!

Wow 22 years! Ok well I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. In any case Diner has been sold.

#4012 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Ever since I cancelled my gb order, I've got this pinball money burning a hole in my pocket. Someone offer something good.

I posted earlier that I'm thinking of selling my AC/DC Pro for $6500. I attached one pic of it here, it's heavily modded with this stuff:

- Helen translite, also have original pro translite
- Flipper Fidelity led backglass mod, it's shown on this link, the interactive flashers version with the remote control:
- Color DMD, but the original dmd is included although it has a dead pixel on it.
- Fully led'd
- Shaker motor

I did find more pics of it before I modded it as well, they are here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/acdc.html

#4014 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Hey Reality Studio,
How about that scared stiff ?

I need to start cropping my pics before I post them lol. That one isn't for sale, and neither is Elvira and the Party Monsters or Who Dunnit, I still get messages to sell those! Reminds me, Pinside needs to add a "Not For Sale" flag for games in peoples collections...please

#4020 7 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

What kind of stuff are you using to block the sunlight through the garage door windows? I'm trying to figure out what would work the best but still be dark enough to look like the windows are still transparent from far away. That way it'd confuse the crap out of anybody trying to scope out what's in my garage.

Went with a simple solution, bought some black cardboard sheets I think it was from Staples and cut them to size, and used velcro to stick them to the windows that way they can be pulled off if needbe. See the two pics, from the outside the windows look relatively normal.

20160615_133329_(resized).jpg20160615_133329_(resized).jpg

20160615_133457_(resized).jpg20160615_133457_(resized).jpg

#4032 7 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I'll take Black Widow and Robotron please.

That Black Widow even has an amplifone vector monitor in it making it very rare, which means its probably worth about $300 on pinside lol. As for Robotron, that one is going to the grave with me, it's my favorite game ever!

Quoted from rvdv:

Why you have a Car in your Garage ????
very Un-American and takes away space for more games !!

Haha true, but then again I'm Canadian so I suppose it makes sense

Quoted from jahbarron:

l
If you want to do it right. Duvetyne (blocks all light, tears easily in straight lines) & 3" gaff tape.
http://www.filmtools.com/tapesandadhesives/cloth-tape/blac3pergaft.html
http://www.filmtools.com/du60exb.htm

Cool, bookmarked those for future use.

#4043 7 years ago

Selling my fully restored and led'd Time Machine for $2400, local pickup only in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills). Ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35956

#4046 7 years ago

Selling my fully restored and led'd Time Machine for $2400, local pickup only in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills). Ad is here:

Well that was quick lol, sale pending on this one.

#4059 7 years ago

Well that was quick lol, sale pending on this one.

Ok not so lol, buyer just backed out today so this is available again. It's for my restored Time Machine for $2400, ad is here:

It's at my property in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles), I'll try and get better playfield pictures next time I'm over there.

#4069 7 years ago

Hey guys, I've removed some of the mods on my AC/DC Pro to reuse them on my other games and because some people wanted to buy individual mods from me. So I've updated my ad listing and dropped the price to $5500. Ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35870

The current mods on the game are :

- Helen translite, also have original ac/dc pro translite which is included.
- Girls on each speaker grill.
- Fully led'd.
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit for both speakers in the head and the large woofer in the cabinet.
- Helen table decal over Angus's face, along with the Helen apron stickers and cards.
- Shaker motor.

More pics are here, these are all updated to the current state of the game:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/acdc.html

For local pickup in the Los Angeles area.

10_(resized).JPG10_(resized).JPG

#4070 7 years ago

Updated my Time Machine ad as I took a ton more pictures today, they are all here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/timemachine.html

54 pictures so it may take a while to load. Ad is here:

$2400 for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area.

34_(resized).JPG34_(resized).JPG

#4082 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You need a time machine.

A Time Machine you say? Well yes, yes I do have one as a matter of fact:

Had to As far as inventory goes, from what I see back in the day people used to pay close to nothing for pinball machines and as a result tons ended up in the landfill since they were worth nothing. Nowadays though people are more actively buying them and paying more for them, as a result less are thrown away and what's left is being restored and sold to people that actually keep them and play them. As a result low inventory of games is now inevitable. It's annoying when you can't find or afford a game, but personally I prefer that to having them just be junked.

#4085 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Landfill? Where on earth did you come up with that? In my experience, I bought a ton of games during 2007-2011 because there were SO MANY (mostly on Craigslist) at great prices. No one was throwing games away after buying them cheap. We were getting them cheap, restoring them ourselves and adding them to our collection...or then selling/trading them, putting them back into the world better than we found them. There are only a finite amount of these machines out there....so the "inventory" of games have dried up. BTW a few years ago, Time Machine was a hard sell at $600

From general observation and talking to others. Tons went to landfills, you can ask most anyone about that especially people that vended the games. More still rotted away in barns, leaky storage rooms, etc. Stuff that is worth nothing tends to get stored in a fitting manner. The same thing happened to arcade machines. I'm sure Time Machine was less than $600 back in the day, but I also could have bought a Hemi Cuda dirt cheap when I was a kid as well. Prices chance, I don't cry about it. All this new interest in games means I can go many places now and play said games in nicely restored condition. That was all but impossible not all that long ago. It's far more important to me that I can actually play the games even if that means I can't afford many of them, to me that's a win but your mileage may vary.

2 months later
#4409 7 years ago

I need to sell one final pin to make room, looks like it'll be Riverboat Gambler. My restorer buddy will be taking it to sell it for me in a few days but before he takes it I figured I'd check here if anyone wants it. It's for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills), great condition, and fully led'd, $2500. I don't have many pics of it since my friend was going to handle selling it for me, but there are a handful of pics here:

https://goo.gl/photos/bPXFQvE4gR4ad1nU8

1 month later
#4598 7 years ago

Have a nicely restored and led'd Riverboat Gambler for $2300, in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills). Message me if interested.

5 months later
#5217 7 years ago

I have found that all the high end pins have reserves now at the auction. Several of the line up has been there before. Same BR,Addams,Twilight as last auction.

I've noticed pins sometimes return 3 or even 4 times, many keep coming back even though they were clearly won at auction multiple times. No idea how that happens, but it just all seems kinda weird to be, I thought bids were binding and you were obligated to buy when you win.

#5246 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Rarehero is 100% correct. The captians auctions are a total scam. Most of the pins are reimports and in very bad shape. I bought a few in the past that should have never been sold. Parts machines at best. Alot of people dump their pins at Captains when they have issues that they cant fix. But the time you add sales tax and buyers premium its not worth it. We all like a good deal but this is not the place to find one. Unless you like repairing or spending alot extra money fixing them.....dont waste your time.

Hmm, there does seem to be some scam going on with shill bidders and all, but I did get a couple of pins there that were in good shape, like my AC/DC Pro and Pirates of the Carribean. You do have to be careful though to not get caught up in their crazy live bidding. But I did just buy a Bride of Pinbot from today's auction for $2100, or around $2676 after their buyers premium and taxes which I don't think is too bad.

2 months later
#5509 6 years ago

As always room is tight because I can't stop buying games, hence thinking of selling my Attack From Mars for $9500. It's been ground up restored and is basically a new machine, including:

New playfield
New playfield plastics
New playfield ramps
New speaker panel
New side and head decals
New center UFO
3D Translite, original one included as well
Color DMD
Shaker motor
Cityscape backboard
Side playfield decals
Target decals
All small ufo's have the flashing lights mod
Full LED light conversion
Black powder coated rails
UFO topper with animated lights
Flipper Fidelity speaker and subwoofer upgrade

Looking for local pickup only right now in the Woodland Hills area of LA.

#5512 6 years ago

Well I have a new website project that is a go, and hence need to sell two games to make room at my film house. Made two official listings here, looking for local pickup only right now:

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Need to sell two games to make room at my film house for an upcoming project, so my original 1995 Attack From Mars is first up. It's been ground up restored and is basically a new ...”
2017-06-04
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 393 times

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Need to remove two games from my film house for an upcoming project, so the second game I'm selling is my Bride of Pinbot. Everything works fine, the only error is switch "52 - sho...”
2017-06-05
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 269 times

Dropped the price on Attack From Mars for a quicker sale, if you want an original 1995 Attack From Mars this is as good as it gets, the machine is fully restored and is basically new. My Bride of Pinbot is cool as well as the cabinet art still has its colors and lots of new parts are included. Sucks to have to sell them but such is life, I need to make room so that's that. Contact me if interested, just local sale for now. If I can't sell them locally then I'll open the sales to shipping in the USA.

1 week later
#5541 6 years ago

Selling my Theatre of Magic, restored and modded, looks sweet See ad below. Will try first here for a few days before listing it on ebay. Local pickup (Los Angeles area) only.

#5549 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Damn R.S.
That's a Beauty Theatre.

Quoted from scarybeard:

If I were buying for a home collection I'd probably grab that Theatre. Unfortunately no room at home so my pins are in a public place. wouldn't want it to take public abuse. Really nice table though. Wish I had the space.

Thanks guys! I added some more pictures, people wanted to see the shooter lane and the underside of the cabinet. Also I added three more mods to the list that I originally forgot to mention.

#5551 6 years ago

Leg levelers are the new shooter lane pic.

I gotta admit, I don't quite understand why shooter lane pics are so important. An unrestored game with a cleaner shooter lane can be in worse shape than a restored game with a less clean shooter lane. But anyways people requested it, so I added it. Alas no leg leveler pics, maybe I'm behind the times.

#5554 6 years ago

This one is now pending sale to be picked up on Monday. Good news is I think I finally learned the trick to selling pins on Pinside! List them here and no one cares about them, mostly crickets and little interest. But once you sell it elsewhere like on ebay, craigslist, letgo or wherever and then flag it here as pending sale, then interest *skyrockets* and the offers fly in lol. Such a fascinating phenomena to watch.

#5556 6 years ago

Well I only mention it because I'm a man of my word, so I'm not accepting higher offers for it now. I don't think it's cool to accept a sale from someone elsewhere, and then go back on the sale because someone here is willing all of a sudden to spend more. If the sale falls through then sure we can talk, but at this point it's sold so I'm not accepting any offers even if they are higher than my list price.

#5558 6 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Like I said before R.S. What a Beauty !
But I think the trick to selling was that you dropped the price from $7200 to $6500.

Thanks! I'll miss it but I can always get another one in the future if I have room again, not the end of the world. Funny part is that at "$7200 not sold" I was getting offers in the 4k range, but at "$6500 pending sale" I got offers higher than $6500 lol. Go figure.

5 months later
#6062 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

This was my last response from him:
Right now i am at Queens Cancer Center in HI and because i need $ asap for an alternative treatment which is not covered by the regular health insurance i have to sell my Creature machine asap. Right now my pinball machine is stored at Beale AFB in CA. I am a LT of the USAF and i can offer you free shipping with a military trailer.
Best Regards

Nice, my reply was similar:

"Right now i am at Queens Cancer Center in HI and because i need $ asap for an alternative treatment which is not covered by the regular health insurance i have to sell my CFTBL asap. Right now my pinball machine is stored at Beale AFB in CA. I am a LT of the USAF and i can offer you free shipping with a military truck."

#6064 6 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Ive bought a few pinballs from OC Pinball and never had any issues ....Evan is a great guy and will continue to buy again from him

Yeah I'm cool with him as well. I bought my favorite game of all time from him in absolute mint condition, Scared Stiff, pics are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/s8AQf8VdjyUkUNvp2 . Good guy, easy to deal with, thrilled with that purchase, never seen one in that pristine condition before.

#6069 6 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I had to visit the State Architects office in down town LA today, so I got a chance to stop by Ayce Gogi at lunch time, and check out the new lineup. He as both the new Guardians of the Galaxy and TNA available for play. I only played one game of Guardians, as it feels alot like most of the new stern games. I did almost put $5 into TNA. That thing is fast, and a tough play. I was only able to destroy one reactor in all my games. Given the music and the vibe of the game, it feels like the grandson of Pinbot.
Man I wish I could get down there more often.

Damn I need to get over there again, didn't realize he had both TNA and Guardians!

1 week later
#6086 6 years ago

Need to free up one slot so going to sell my Alien Poker. Bought it from a fellow pinsider and had fun with it, but a new project means less room so one game must go. It has full led conversion, new Siegecraft drop target boards, all new boards in the head (Rottendog mpu/driver combo, Rottendog power supply, Swemmer sound board), and a Flipper Fidelity speaker because why not? I have all the original boards but had reliability issues with them hence why I replaced them all, but I'll include them in the sale. $1000 takes it all, Los Angeles area pickup only. Will try here for a few days, then to eBay it goes.

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT: Sold this one real quick elsewhere.

4 weeks later
#6216 6 years ago

Mine

Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Machine - For Sale
AC/DC Luci Vault Edition NewNew!NIB - New in box “Back by popular demand, Stern announced at the EAG show in London that a small production run of AC/DC Luci Premium Vault edition games will be available in mid-February.

Pictures...”
6 hours ago Fullerton, CA
Contact
surfsidedetail

1 month later
#6354 6 years ago

Selling my Who Dunnit, local pickup in Los Angeles:

Machine - For Sale
Who Dunnit Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Looking to sell my Who Dunnit locally. Game is in great condition, see many more pictures here: http://moonbeamarcade.com/WhoDunnit.html Great cabinet and playfield, fully led'd,...”
2018-02-20
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 242 times

Lots of pictures here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/WhoDunnit.html

4 weeks later
#6501 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

On the fence or curious about JJP Pirates of the Caribbean, it is now setup and on location at On Tilt @ AYCE Gogi Korean BBQ in Van Nuys, CA.
-Shane

Sweet, think I need to pop by after my shoot on Thursday.

#6511 6 years ago

There's a Houdini at Ayci Gogi too!

Sweet, would like to spend more time with that one!

1 month later
#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, I wound up buying the Domino Man arcade game for my wife out of that auction and paid $3300 hammer for it (yikes). It wasn’t so much that I thought the game was worth that, but Timber and Tapper are two of my wife’s favorite arcade games and that’s the 3rd game in that series. She got all excited about it, so I didn’t mind overpaying for it to keep the wife happy. If I wasn’t bidding it I think it’s probably likely it would have sold In the 2k+ range.
That’s auctions for you though. Sometimes auction prices can be replicated, sometimes not.
You can have special circumstances we’re two bidders go at it and things get crazy.

At the end of the day that's all that matters really, if it makes you happy and you can afford it then cool, go for it. It can be hard to put an absolute value on a game because sometimes you just want it for whatever the reason may be, and in those circumstances are willing to overpay for it. I *almost* did the same thing on the Space Harrier that was at the auction, the only reason I didn't is because I don't actually have any room for it so I stopped myself.

1 week later
#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Price police have been around since IJ was $3000 pin ericpinballfan. It's not going to stop. You have your price and you have your pin, doesn't hurt anyone if it doesn't sell unless you need the money.

Is your avatar a pizza cat? Awesome lol.

Also, I'm selling my new BOP repro playfield. Pre-ordered it some time ago with the intent of restoring my machine, but now that I just got it I don't actually have the machine anymore. Figured I'd see if anyone local in Los Angeles wants it (don't want to ship), if not no biggie I'll hang it on the wall as bad ass art.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Hey all, I pre-ordered this new repro of the Bride of Pinbot playfield some time ago with the intent of fully restoring my machine. I just got the playfield but have since sold the...”
2018-05-10
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 172 times

2 months later
#7008 5 years ago

Not pinball machines, but figured I'd post in case any are interested. I'm selling some of my arcade game collection, all are in excellent condition and nicely restored by TNT Amusements except for Joust which was restored by me:

Frogger $1200
Crystal Castles $1200
Joust $1200
Turbo $900

Contact me for videos and pictures.

Added over 6 years ago:

Outrun $900
Super Pacman $900

6 months later
#7559 5 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Hi all,
Any suggestions for a distributor in So Cal area to purchase my first NIB? I'm looking at a either a Munsters or AFM CE.

I bought my 1st NIB from Orange County Pinballs. It was an AC/DC Luci edition that they delivered and fixed some issues on site for me (canon didn't work right), was very happy with them.

1 month later
#7679 5 years ago

Just came back from Arcade Expo 5.0, hence thinking of trading some arcade machines for a pinball machine I have Space Duel, Turbo and Frogger that were restored by TNT Amusements so they are in excellent condition. Space Duel also includes boards, control panels and marquees for Black Widow and Gravitar so it's 3 games in one cabinet. Was thinking about Terminator 2 or Metallica Pro pinball machines. If anyone is interested let me know and we could figure out some combination of the games for a trade. If I think of other pins I'll edit this post and add them to the list.

3 weeks later
#7762 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Chris 'Sly' Fox is your man

Yeah he just handled selling my Elvira pin to another pinsider in the bay area. Nice guy, easy to deal with, seems to travel up and down CA fairly regularly.

#7768 5 years ago

Ahhh.....Didnt know you where selling the Elvira. Missed ad.

D'oh I used to post ads on Pinside with a corresponding forum post but I got sick of the price police so this time I only posted a bare ad, hence some probably missed it.

2 weeks later
#7857 4 years ago

It's actually 18% premium on their auctions if you bid online, that would make the used Iron Maiden Pro sold at auction cost just about as much as new, pretty crazy. But I suspect many of those hammers are fake, and we'll see a bunch of those machines at the next auction.

2 months later
#8212 4 years ago

Just listed my AC/DC Luci vault edition, also have fully restored Joust and Frogger arcade machines for those interested, and possibly a Tempest.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Shown in the pictures, I am the original owner and have had the machine at my house since purchase. Game is in great condition and includes a spare ramp, also shaker motor is insta...”
2019-09-03
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 660 times

2 months later
#8388 4 years ago

Relisted my AC/DC, want to make some room. Looking for local sale in LA. Price is with stock dmd, can include colordmd for $300 more.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Shown in the pictures, I am the original owner and have had the machine at my house since purchase. Game is in great condition and includes a spare ramp, also shaker motor is insta...”
2019-09-03
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 660 times

1 month later
#8525 4 years ago

Thinking of selling my Elvira Scared Stiff locally (no shipping). Mint condition with many mods (led's, color dmd, stronger crate, skull pile lit up, bouncing boogey men, flipper fidelity speakers, glowing skulls topper), doubt you'd find a better condition one out there, it's like new. Also have new and unused spare spider motor and spider board. Message me if interested.

2 months later
#8682 4 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Scared Stiff Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Excellent condition Elvira Scared Stiff pinball machine. Fully modded with led's, color dmd, lit topper with remote control, lit skull pile, lit shooter rod, custom cup holder, fli...”
2020-02-12
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 768 times
Contributed to Pinside

Listed my Scared Stiff, got lots of trade offers previously but mostly looking for a sale so dropped the price. Not looking to ship, so would be local pickup only.

3 weeks later
#8701 4 years ago

Dropped the price on my Scared Stiff. Really needs to be seen in person, it's in awesome condition and has numbers matching boards so hit me up if you wanna roll by and give it a play!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Scared Stiff Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Excellent condition Elvira Scared Stiff pinball machine. Fully modded with led's, color dmd, lit topper with remote control, lit skull pile, lit shooter rod, custom cup holder, fli...”
2020-02-12
Thousand Oaks, CA
Contributed to Pinside

2 weeks later
#8719 4 years ago

Aside from endless flakes that want the game and then disappear into the ether, I've been getting a lot of out of state interest in this. I had it as local pickup only but I'll give this shipping thing a try, so I modified to ad to reflect that. Buyer must handle all packing and shipping pickup details using STI or whomever, and payment must clear before I'll ship the game. Or if you are out of state and want to have a friend pickup the game I'm fine with that, that's how I sold my last Elvira pin.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Scared Stiff Archived
2020-02-12
Thousand Oaks, CA
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#8802 4 years ago

Gonna list these on ebay soon but I have a bunch of pinball manuals, flyers, etc that I'd like to sell locally. Pics are at the link, hit me up if you want anything and we'll figure out a price.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ugp6C2dm3zhNi8Ee9

The packet for The Getaway had come with my machine when I owned it some years ago.

#8821 4 years ago

Just listed my Black Knight Pro. Also selling a 65" Panasonic TC-P65S1 plasma tv, message me for pics.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I'm the original owner, bought this new and it has sat in my home since. It's great condition, only mod I made was to install the quiet power supply fan otherwise the game is total...”
2020-03-13
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 195 times
Contributed to Pinside

3 weeks later
#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

First thing I did. Wait, what!? It's gone. When I try to re-enter negative feedback, I get this: "Error! Sorry, you can not write user feedback when a previous entry was deleted." What is that about!?

I had checked his feedback when you mentioned it and saw your negative feedback on him at the time. Just checked again now and it is indeed gone, only shows positive feedback for him. That is really weird. I would love an explanation as well since I count on feedback here to determine if I do business with someone, and it's a little unsettling if negative feedback gets randomly deleted with no explanation. If mods could chime in on this it would be appreciated, would be nice to know what happened.

#8920 4 years ago

Ahh ok if the sale wasn't on Pinside then it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

2 months later
#9191 3 years ago

Thinking of selling my Elvira LE #133, great game but I'm doing so much Twitch lately that I just haven't been using it much anymore. 299 plays, mint, has the Stern updated back door shot kit installed as well as the left side of the house piece replacement part from Stern installed. Don't need to sell it but if someone else is interested I'd rather it get some use, hit me up if you're local and interested, no shipping.

1 month later
#9270 3 years ago

Listed my Elvira LE #133, just not playing much pinball lately so want to pass it on somewhere that it'll get more play.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Bought this brand new and it's been in my house ever since. Single owner LE #133, great condition, great game, just not playing much pinball lately. All stock except I installed tw...”
2020-08-13
Thousand Oaks, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 411 times

1 week later
#9306 3 years ago

Sold all my games, only have a few parts left that I'd like to sell locally, see the ad below.

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Selling my remaining pinball parts, see pictures for details. Includes: - pinball dolly - case full of led lights, both common and specialty bulbs - williams / de lamp matrix test...”
2020-08-23
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 63 times

1 year later
#10436 2 years ago

Suspicious now. Same pic.
Whatever, 1200, something was always up.

That ad seemed really suspicious. He "knew" they sold for $6k+ yet he was listing it below market value at $1200? Yeah I dunno about that, I don't think I'd walk into that pickup without some heavy backup.

#10440 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCheese:

The Thousand Oaks crew, check yo self offer up.

TO Represent!

5 months later
#11027 2 years ago

Listed my brand new Centaur playfield. I bought it a few months ago to use purely as wall art, but figured I'd check if anyone has an actual gaming use for it. I'll let the ad run for about a month in case anyone local needs one if not then I'll keep it as wall art.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Shown in the pictures, bought it brand new last September to use as wall art, hung it on the wall where it's been ever since. Local pickup only in the Los Angeles area.”
1 year ago
Thousand Oaks, CA
Expired!

1 month later
#11105 1 year ago

Thinking of selling my Godzilla LE #852, local pickup only in the Los Angeles area, no shipping or trades, hit me up if you wanna check it out. On main floor so easy to unload.

1 month later
#11309 1 year ago

Listed my Godzilla LE, would prefer local (Los Angeles area) sale but shipping is ok if buyer handles all details and pays with wire transfer.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “#852 Godzilla LE in great condition. I'm the sole owner, it's been at my home since I bought it and has been kept completely stock aside from the Pinnovators subwoofer kit which is...”
2022-08-31
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 673 times

#11318 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

You got to remember we're in a hobby where every time you try to sell a machine, it's what maybe 80% of the time where, you get a buyer who says "I want the machine but let me check with my wife" and then you never hear from them again!

I'd bump that number up to 98%.

#11348 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

What's the story with On Tilt in the valley?

Bought my Rush Pro from him, good dude, keeps his machines in awesome condition, killer food, fried oreos. Very happy that his West Hills location is just 25 minutes from me. Thumbs up all around, can't recommend him enough.

3 months later
#11585 1 year ago

Selling a few pinball posters, will ship them without the frames but prefer to just sell them locally with the frames if you wanna come pick them up!

Other - For Sale
“If picked up locally I'll include the frame, otherwise if shipped then it will be just the poster rolled up into a tube. I ship to the continental US only. $100 shipped.”
1 year ago
Thousand Oaks, CA
Expired!

Other - For Sale
“If picked up locally I'll include the frame, otherwise if shipped then it will be just the poster rolled up into a tube. I ship to the continental US only. $80 shipped.”
1 year ago
Thousand Oaks, CA
Expired!

Other - For Sale
“If picked up locally I'll include the frame, otherwise if shipped then it will be just the poster rolled up into a tube. I ship to the continental US only. $80 shipped.”
1 year ago
Thousand Oaks, CA
Expired!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Reality_Studio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=Reality_Studio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.