(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9099 3 years ago

Hey all, I’m moving to Ventura in August from the Seattle area. There’s an overseas order list floating around up here but it doesn’t look like they’ll be stateside before my move..... that being said, I have a few reservations on the list so I may be making another trip to pickup a pin or two. Anyone else interested in getting some reservations and splitting the trip costs?

Pat

#9105 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies! Below is a copy of what was posted in the nwpinbuyers group with a link to the order list. If you’re interested in reserving some pins, please make sure you’re serious about it. Jon puts in a lot of effort and money to get the shipment executed for no additional fee. If you have any questions, please post in the nwpinbuyers forum thread so there are more people to answer or look up nwpinbuyers on google.groups.com

Hey folks! You probably know a bunch of local pinheads put together container pin orders once or twice a year, where we order games from Europe that come in on a shipping container. We are starting to put together the next order, if anyone is interested, follow the link to check out the games, prices, photos and you can make a reservation if you are in. Some basics on a container buy:
-Assume games have wear, broken plastics, hacks, missing parts, etc. Look at the photos carefully. Most work or sorta work, but they need a lot of clean up and some degree of replacement parts.
-Shipping averages $200-$250 per pin.
-Prices are in Euros, the exchange rate does change.
-Games get delivered to Kirkland, WA.
-Payment is due before we sign the deal with the vendor. This is all done by local collectors, no profit, Jon that organizes it puts a ton of work and capital on the line to make it happen. For free.
-There are lots more details, bug me if you want them.
http://container.proludio.com/

1 week later
#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from whitingjon:

I wanted to follow up, since I the "Jon" mentioned.
There were a lot of new people that reserved games in our latest overseas container buy, and I am guessing that some might have been from this group.
Didn't anyone have any questions or any interest in joining in on our container purchase?

Hey guys, window is closing on this overseas purchase. Jon is really trying to make the push to get it finalized and get the shipment going. If you do order one, let me know and maybe we can get a discount on shipping from Seattle for multiple machines.

#9164 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

The vendor is adding another 50 or so games to the list shortly. Keep an eye out. They should be available before the sale, so you might get lucky.

This is a true statement! Also, the time between list update ad order finalization will be pretty short. As soon as I get work it's updated, I'll post here.

#9170 3 years ago

Latest on the list. Looks like the supplier is adding 5 machines a day because it takes him time to setup each machine, take pics and video of game play then break it back down and start over with another machine. Today's adds:Whirlwind, Striker Xtreme, AD/DC Pro, WWF Royal Rumble, Terminator 3. If you're interested, hop on the list and reserve your choice. I don't plan on posting here daily, just know that the list should be updated roughly each day for roughly a week.

#9178 3 years ago

Well that escalated quickly. Sit back and watch the purchase go down and watch us extend the olive branch out again on the next container. It's all good. I did that exact thing for the last 2 containers just to feel it out. If there's a deal you want to pull the trigger on then cool, if not then that's cool too. Is it cheaper shipping to buy a full container...... obviously. Not sure that means the organizers are giving you the leftovers. To be honest, the organizer sticks his neck out and puts in a lot of work and capital and actually doesn't gouge anyone. Again, watch a couple containers go through and keep an eye out for something you may want if it suits you. Maybe the conversion to Euro will turn in our favor at that point and make it an even better deal. Good luck!

1 week later
#9202 3 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Might be one in that container

Did you just troll yourself? Nice

#9209 3 years ago

I am driving South on I-5 from Seattle to Ventura the first week of August. It looks like I'll have plenty of room in my Uhaul and I'm already transporting 1 machine for somebody in San Fran. If you need a pin hauled, let me know. My truck is insured and I have a lot of experience driving semis cross country so I'm no greenhorn. Closer the pickup and dropoff are to I-5, the better. Not looking to price gouge, just looking to help the community. Will need help loading/unloading.

1 year later
#10285 2 years ago

I’d be very interested in seeing how many of those machines actually leave between the shilling bids and the folks who realize they’ve bid double the value for the machine and decline to pony up the cash.

On another note, I need to get a machine from Ventura to Seattle area. If anyone is heading that way from Banning, let me know. Maybe I can help you pay down those 200% prices plus the 18% auction fees.

1 week later
#10330 2 years ago

Yeah. Evans dreamy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=PinballPat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.