(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

No one here offered me anything close to my asking price he bought it for almost the same as what I paid. Sorry if this makes everyone mad but I am not the only one here that has sold a pin to a flipper. I feel bad enough about it without it being discussed here.

To be fair to Lisa, she had if for sale here for quite a while before she finally let it go to the flipper.

7 months later
#2469 8 years ago

FS: Shrek in excellent condition for $4300. I'm not the original owner but it looks like it's HUO.
Here is a link the the Market Place listing.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27969

I'm in Northern California but will be driving to San Diego to visit family at the end of December and can probably deliver along the route.

If you have any questions or want higher resolution photos, just let me know.

Jim

2 weeks later
#2551 8 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Hahaha! Wow, I is a bit slow Edited the post to actually make sense. That made me laugh. Thanks for the heads up gents!

No worries. I clicked on your avatar, saw the two games in your collection, and it was perfectly clear.

1 month later
#2937 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

That being said...my experience has been that many people are in fact not aware of their machines as much as you might think for various reasons, their perceptions and descriptions are subjective...

I'm guilty of this. Sold a Fathom I knew had been touched up in the center of the playfield and let the buyer know this. I was surprised when the buyer showed me the great job he did repainting the area above the upper rollovers. Some of the artwork had been painted over black. I had never noticed that area wasn't original.

I knew the guy I bought it from and he was super anal when it came to touch-ups. He did such a good job on the touch-ups in the center of the playfield it didn't occur to me to look for wear in an unusual area.

3 weeks later
#3155 8 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

It seems like TSPP and Judge Dredd are coming out of the woodwork right now. I am in the market for a TSPP, but the prices are north of what I want to pay for one.

IMO, TSPP gives you a lot of machine for the money compared to what's coming out these days.

3 months later
#4145 7 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Hey that is cool, we trust the same person. Myself is a great person...deserves a lot of respect too!

I wholeheartedly disagree!

6 months later
#4908 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If it was indeed restored by CH then the price is right in line.

"Chris Hutchins does incredible work this Fun House will rank right there maybe nicer if thats possible, it is gorgeous..."

I read that as it wasn't restored by CH but is just as nice.

6 months later
#5692 6 years ago

Wow! When did a Firepower with a somewhat worn playfield, flaking backglass and weathered cabinet become a good value at $1600?

3 weeks later
#5773 6 years ago

I'll bet those batteries are old and need to be replaced...

8 months later
#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That’s auctions for you though. Sometimes auction prices can be replicated, sometimes not.
You can have special circumstances we’re two bidders go at it and things get crazy.

I remember going to an auction years ago. Was a bit disillusioned when I noticed owners bidding on their own machines.

Many of the games were won by the owners when the bid price didn't get high enough for them. Later learned this is called a "buy back" and is common.

#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

This seems...ethically questionable, but I guess if they pay the buyer's premium and sales tax, the auction house is happy. Plus, having a reserve would actually decrease the chances that some of these things sell which hurts the auction house.
What a world.
Can you imagine eating $750 on a $3,000 game of yours that you have buy back?

The owners didn't have to pay sales tax and buyers premium, just a small fee to buy the games back.

#6654 5 years ago

There were some deals to be had as I don't think all the owners were buying there games back or they were there to move games, not maximize profits. This was about 15 years ago so things may have changed.

2 months later
#6971 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

HUO TNA for sale in north OC.
Fully loaded with standard cab and relatively low plays. Will include box.
$7k firm. Cash and carry only.

Quoted from o-din:

I've also got a super, super clean two player Gottlieb Fashion Show I'd sell for $800.
I've gone thru the whole thing, top to bottom.
It is Imamaculate!

Did you get a line on a Supreme?

1 week later
#7002 5 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

I will be posting my Barracora Walking Dead re-theme on the SF Bay Area CL very soon! It is currently in the Showroom at The Flipper Room in Concord. We are about an hour north of CAX if anybody wants to check it out. I'm asking $4800. Thanks.

That is very cool. Can't wait to see how you turned a Walking Dead into a Barracora.

1 year later
#8887 4 years ago

"100% working" - I don't know how the game is supposed to play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jvspin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=Jvspin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.