(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 hours ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3453 8 years ago

Anyone follow up on the $2800 Monster Bash yet?

Alas, I'm too far away or I'd never be mentioning it...

But if it's too good to be true...

#3461 8 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Of course, and I heard back an hour later. Machine is "in Massachusetts" but he can "ship it to me immediately". Lots of pics, from Treasurecove's website I believe. Scam.

I replied out of curiosity too. He must have several machines, the one I'm getting is in Delaware! He can ship the same day!

Hello ,
Yes the machine is still available and it's good condition and works well

Where are you located ?

am located in Delaware and I can have the machine ship over to you today if you are in the united state.

Best Regards
Cliff

2 years later
#7206 5 years ago

Is anyone from the LA area coming to PRGE in Portland in a couple weeks, or anyone traveling to Pacific Northwest / Seattle in the near future and can transport? I have my eye on a machine out there.

1 week later
#7232 5 years ago

I am doing a road trip soon between Seattle and LA. If anyone needs something transported along I-5, I have some extra space for a fee.

I may also bring a FunHouse to sell if demand warrants it. It's in good player's condition and plays well but has some minor issues I haven't taken care of yet. The cabinet is good other than the usual fade, playfield has some minor issues: worn mylar, lower playfield insert decal wear, light playfield wear/little spot at lower scoop.

8 months later
#8136 4 years ago

I know of Stern NBA available if anyone was actually serious but it's over $4000.

Anyone need transport service between Seattle and California? I'm thinking of coming down for California Extreme.

#8208 4 years ago

I'm making the drive from Seattle to California Extreme and am offering transport service. If you've got your eye on something anywhere along this route, I could help facilitate a deal.

1 week later
#8231 4 years ago

Second guy seems delusional, but never know. Could transport for you when I come down if you figure something out.

portland.craigslist.org link

portland.craigslist.org link

#8238 4 years ago

I have a Pinball Bulbs Ultimate LED kit for Fish Tales, new and sealed, that I can bring to CAX if someone wants it. $200. Looks like $240+shipping on their site.

1 week later
#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

High voltage brought me a game yesterday from seattle.
Very happy.
His transport fee was very reasonable.

Thanks! It was good to meet you and fun to see and try some rare Gottliebs I haven't seen before. Hope your new project acquisition works out!

#8275 4 years ago

In fact, the pin I just delivered to pinostalgia was also from a container import. I'd be available to transport some again in the future.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Interesting... I'd love to get a look at those WH2O's, but as per usual, the shipping cost makes it not such a good deal, and my instincts scream that these are not the games you'd risk buying sight-unseen... I'm really desperate for a project!

Do you mean see in-person? Because the pics and even some play videos are there, click on the icons...

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just beware - the games these days are pretty bad ...

I'm sure the glory days have passed, and it's good to be cautious, but of the machines I've bought, only 1 of the 4 ended up in your "pretty bad" category. It's usually not that hard to filter out the losers. The one I got fooled on, the pictures deceitfully hid the problems, so if the pictures don't show something, it's best to be cynical. Here are the ones I picked up with the prices including shipping. All played after only voltage conversion.

Baywatch $1800, Good players condition machine, swap in English ROMs, fade on one cabinet side, nice playfield no wear, some bad rubber, cracked flippers, good DMD display but would reset due to flakey connector needed reflow/repin.

Sopranos $3150 Excellent condition, swap in English ROMs, no playfield wear, just needed some switch adjustments

BSD $2720 Excellent condition even premium LEDs and premium fresh rubber, needed nothing at all

Indy 500 $2580, This one turned out to be the loser with board hacks that were hidden by speaker panel hiding lower connectors, needed new header/connector. Board had reset issues, fixed with recap and new header/connector. Playfield was dirty, but cleaned up well, no wear, a couple of raised inserts. All the 4-way standups were shot, bought replacements for all those. Cabinet was faded. All new cab decals and new parts were about $500. Machine was beautiful when I finished, but it was too much work. I posted some pics of the Indy at the time:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-are-you-shopping-show-pics#post-4267323

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/162#post-4267195

#8317 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Oh thank god! I was thinking you were buying the whole lot and would get stuck with all the overpriced junk! So the container will only have the stuff you commit to buying in advance?

LOL, of course... did you even look at the reservation site? Each buyer chooses machine(s) they specifically want until we get a full container.

5 months later
#8699 4 years ago

If anyone needs something transported anywhere along the west coast between Seattle and LA, I'm offering that service. I will be heading down before January ends.

2 months later
#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Also, he had a good rep on pinside (I checked), and the game was less than 9 mos old and supposedly HUO. I posted warning here after he sent single message refusing to take game back (or discuss since he immediately blocked my #).

His feedback is still all positive. You're not going to add to his feedback so there's a lasting record?

2 months later
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

someone talk me into reserving that genesis

I took a close look at that one. But hey, -you- are the Gottlieb man!

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There will definitely be 2 machines that will be shipping to The Flipper Room. If anyone else in the Bay Area wants to pick up at my place in the attempt to save/group some costs, let me know.
Mike

When the time comes, check in with me. By the time the container arrives, I might make a trip and transport run out that way.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HighVoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=HighVoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.