(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gryphun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2576 8 years ago

I have seen quite a few Data East Checkpoints for sale in the $1,900 - $2,200 range (8/10 quality)

1 month later
#2821 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should see my garage! Hey, if somebody else wants it and gets to it first, I don't have a problem with that. I just get them to keep them alive and play them. I'd just hate to see a game like this get parted out and sent to the scrap heap. Too much of that has happened already. Plus I can tell it is a good player

My 8yr old daughter and I are looking at this machine tomorrow (we live in Concord).

Wanted to get this for her and the other girl scouts that visit our house.

#2823 8 years ago

Will definitely keep you posted.

Even though she wont admit it, my wife gave me the OK and seems excited.

This pinball machine may present some challenges to me simply because never looked / opened up / worked on an EM and only done work on my Data East Checkpoint - google and youtube will be there to help

#2824 8 years ago

something funny to add - my wife speaks French, laughs every time she sees "Coquette"

#2828 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you pass on it could you take some better pics of the playfield and backglass? I've got Steve going over there on Monday if it hasn't sold by then and I'd like a little better look at it before he does. Thanks!

Will take pictures and report back either way.

#2832 8 years ago

Realtor and pinball - good combo - just bought a house in Colony Park back in July '15 (CA real estate - so much fun).

#2857 8 years ago

Update on the Williams Coquette. Its in great shape - been in the family since 1970 (grandfather was a process engineer) - came with original schematics. Bought the machine and the kids love it.

Only problem am running into - on occasion after game is over two relays that are connected to the score reels seem to go on and on like a machine gun. I turn the machine off and back on and everything works just fine. Will look into problems with switch contact / adjustments needed.

IMG_5241.JPGIMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5244.JPGIMG_5244.JPG

#2868 8 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Congrats on the pick up! does the score go up when the relays do that?

actually all the scores return to '0' position but these two relays keep on firing like a machine gun until I turn off the machine. Turn the machine back on and everything works as it should - I will start a new thread soon on me restore / cleaning up the machine.

Relays_(resized).jpgRelays_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#3482 8 years ago

On the topic of powder coating. Anyone have recommendations for shops in the East Bay? There are a couple in Oakland and Walnut Creek / Concord.

Thanks

4 months later
#4434 7 years ago

Interesting market we are in these days.

Noticed several pins on craigslist SF (same collector) just increased his prices over 1 week period.

2 months later
#4800 7 years ago

Am putting up my Stern Meteor for sale.

Alltek boards, new rectifier board, re-stenciled / painted and auto cleared cabinet, etc.

Ad in the marketplace will be up soon (you can find photos of the restore under the Meteor club thread).

$3,000 OBO.

If local am more than happy to show the pin to interested parties.

2 weeks later
#4859 7 years ago

Gents, just placed an ad for my restored Meteor in Concord, CA.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-meteor

If any questions am more than happy to answer.

Thanks

Grant

1 month later
#4977 7 years ago

Just listed a Bally Special Force (in Concord).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-special-force-1

#4983 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Same special force on craigslist last week for $700??????

I bought multiple games from that seller on CL.

If he did list the Special Force for $700 then he undervalued it.

Wish I could keep the machine since I am a Marine and the theme suits me but alas it must go.

Am currently working on a Data East Batman and Checkpoint. Am also refining my Meteor restoration (e.g. replacing flipper assemblies, rebuilding all drop target banks, etc.)

1 month later
#5166 7 years ago

Looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley or Rocky & Bullwinkle

4 months later
#5720 6 years ago

Been toying with the idea of selling my NOS Data East Checkpoint playfield.

playfield is in original condition (couple imperfections) with no clearcoat.

IM if interested and I will provide photos.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gryphun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=Gryphun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.