(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

My daughter wants either an Avengers or a LOTR. I have located an Avengers now I am looking for someone selling a LOTR and have her play both and decide.
Thanks
Lisa

Fwiw; my nephews and nieces always gravitated towards LoTR. The ring + blaring were their favorites. And when I showed them about the 3 main multiballs and how you get to destroy the ring after doing those multiballs...forget about, they were hooked and addicted for life like no other pin. They did not like avengers at all and I can't blame em, very tough to make shots.

1 week later
#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Scsurfer:

Is anyone going to the Banning expo in January? Be there with family in tow!

There's an expo in Banning? Hell ya I'm gonna go. Is it the first one?

#299 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're just the man these days when it comes to hooking up random people with pinball favors!

Funny shit.

Contemplating, but haven't decided to let go of Metallica and pick up 2 B titles like RBION with either congo or fish tales. Any thoughts from the support group?

#307 9 years ago

Well I really do like Metallica a lot. Just contemplating the decision. As rob stated; with my small lineup, 2 pins can be more beneficial than one Metallica. And STLE isn't going anywhere - love that game.

I've owned RBION before and fish tales got me hooked on pinball back in the 90s. So I know what I'm getting myself into with these 2 pins. I've only played Congo a few times (at rare heroes) and liked what I saw. But None of them are as good as Metallica (overall), but the thought of having an extra pin is enticing. I dunno; I'll probably ride it out through the holidays and see how I feel then. Just looking for support group opinions

Oh and what are the going prices on those 3? I'm thinking:
-huo RBION $3k-$3400?
- good condition FT and Congo ~$2500 or so?

#335 9 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

TWD pro Refinery edition #1 is in the house! Any local pinsiders who want some time on this beauty, PM me and we'll set something up. Solid first impressions for me, but I am easy to please and I haven't had a real machine for a while!

Grats Jason. I may hit you up on that! The canon pass has been a horrid death trap lately and I've driven through lake arrowhead twice in the last week to get home. Next time I'm stopping by!

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Thanks brother! You are more than welcome to stop by. Only problem is that I sold my house in Lake Arrowhead (along with my pinball collection) and moved to Murrieta. So unless that detour around the Cajon pass take you way down here, that may not be the best plan Now, if you come out to see Rob and then mosey on down to Murrieta, that could be a little party!

Oh dang dude. Didn't even notice lol. Grats on the move then too

1 month later
#521 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Does it come with legs? I've never seen or played a Rock before, but theme wise it does look more current than many of the recent music pinball machines.

Dam it Odin, change your avatar. I keep thinking your rob LOL

#530 9 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

AC/DC just walked out the door, ready to buy a Metallica Premium. Anyone selling in SoCal?

Oh man TROZ. I got my Metallica just a few months ago nib. So it's pretty darn nice. I know it's not a keeper for me, I just don't know if I'm ready to part with it nor do I know what I'm going to replace it with. I'll probably sell it, but Lemme get back to you.

What's the price at for Metallica anyway? Maybe we can do a quick price check - It's not that beefed up with mods and some can be easily removed to cut costs; but it's approx 3 mos old, huo - bought nib. Has shaker, sparky helmet, sparky protector, hammer light mod (not installed yet - I know I've been lazy), snake jaw light mod (not installed either), has pinnovators headset and invisiglass. I'm ok with removing shaker, invisiglass, and/or headset to keep costs down. Oh and I replaced most the rubber for white - I can easily put it back to black stock.

5 months later
#1590 8 years ago

Hey guys, I got a friend in so cal (Covina) looking to buy his first pin. Budget is around $2500. 100% working as he knows nothing about pinball maintenance or repair. I'm thinking something like FT, TS, Congo, JD, RFM, but Let me know what you got. PM or reply here.

Thanks.

1 week later
#1617 8 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

He's been "selling" that pin for over a year.
I am debating whether to buy an SM for $5200. Should I wait for supposed VE? Plus I have no room. May have to sell Whitewater or IJ. Uggghh!

Id wait; SMVE is looking to be inevitable especially with the whitewood pics getting splashed around on facebook.

1 month later
#1737 8 years ago

If anyone in So Cal is looking to dump their HUO SM before the VE's hit, look me up. I have a friend looking to make his first purchase. He'd also be interested in IMVE too. Or Possibly ST Prem.

HUO machines only please. Thanks.

Steve

1 month later
#2080 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

His only flaw is that he goes to bed freakishly early.

hah, that reminds me of when i told Rare Hero my working hours. He's like you wake up at 4:30....in the morning!?! WTF is wrong with you. lol.

yea, i go to bed at 9:30pm. is that freakishly early too?

#2097 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I can't even comprehend it. I've been trying to wake up at 6:30 so I can go to a 7:15 bootcamp workout class...it's practically impossible. I did it on Wednesday, but today I just couldn't f*cking get up. I have no idea how you do it.

Hah! Have a kid and sleep goes out the door, you'll be up at 6:30 no prob

Well it's midnight now and I'm still awake! Just got done setting up IMVE & TWD! Let's see how things go in the morning, I'm supposed to be up at 6 for a 5k run/walk <hesperia days>.

1 week later
#2191 8 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

my pinball buying days will be over for a long time.

If I had a nickel for every time I said that, I'd have another pinball!

1 week later
#2300 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Somehow Pinballbulbs convinced people that every game should be purple. It's bizarre. To be fair, it doesn't look as blown out in person...but it definitely doesn't go with most games....it takes away from the original colors in the artwork.

It worked well for BDK.....but that's cause it is BDK and you don't want the artwork to be seen

But yea, too much color Christmas-feel just doesn't work. I love my IMVE factory lighting; bright, clean, and clear.

1 week later
#2325 8 years ago

Looking for a local price check. My friend is contemplating buying my IMVE. It's 3 weeks old from the latest run just last month and is practically new with low plays. It has shaker and service rails installed with external sub hookups (not including the sub), all rest is stock.
I told him $4600 should be the fair market value on it. Would you guys concur? On the flip side, if he doesn't buy, is anyone interested?

TIA
Steve

#2328 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Sounds like I'm on the high side and $4100-4200 is around the right ball park.

2 weeks later
#2385 8 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Damnit Kevin I want this!!! UGH!

Quoted from PromoJoe23:

I want this!!! UGH!

Funny I just said the same thing to myself lol.

3 weeks later
#2478 8 years ago

Awesome story. Way to come together California!

2 months later
#3090 8 years ago

Looking for an RBION in SoCal. Must be a smoke free machine. Prefer HUO.

#3098 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Came across this one on craigslist: ventura.craigslist.org link

Thanks for the tip! I think I'll wait for the vault edition before I pay that price

#3129 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Not sure if still available.
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Thanks Lisa! Looks like this was posted in the pinside market earlier this month. Very hard to tell from the pics, but looks to have gone around the block a few times. I'll reach out and see if it's still avail, thanks for the lead

#3130 8 years ago

Grats! She sure is a beauty!

#3164 8 years ago

Thinking about buying an ACDC PRO; preferably the run with swinging bell and LEDs, but let me know what you got.

Still considering RBION too.

Thanks

#3171 8 years ago

Well if no one wants to sell me their ACDC PRO and/or RBION; I'm gonna go NIB

#3183 8 years ago

If anyone in CA is thinking of dropping/selling their hobbit spot, give me a ring.

#3186 8 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

You did it didn't you StLE has left the building

Hah! Don't even ask me why. I had no motives and nothing to replace it with. Definitely a big regret. Hopefully, fate intervenes and whatever pin I do pick up next fills that void. To bad hobbits don't come as easy as sterns or that would be the one to take its place.

#3189 8 years ago

Sounds like it. I think beginning this week or next.

#3203 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

I recall The dude abides is looking for one

I think he found one.

Quoted from Billy16:

I have a feeling a lot is gonna hit the block to make room for GB...

Yea, I may hold off on the buying market now and see what GB has to offer in the long term. Might still be able to be persuaded into someone's acdc pro though

4 weeks later
#3353 8 years ago

If anyone is interested in a HUO low play GOT PREMIUM in so cal, give me a pm. I know a friend selling his.

I'm not selling it for him, but PM me and I'll get you his info.

Thanks.

1 week later
#3411 8 years ago

So are there any reasonable Pins for sale in CA?

#3472 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

With all the people posting turtle pics, I have to ask, would anyone mind if I posted a pic of my current turtle head right now?

I'm sittin' on a turtle head right now

2 weeks later
#3564 7 years ago

Any GB PROS pop up on location yet that anyone knows? Preferably so cal.

#3567 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

Nice. Never been there but think I'm working at a job site near it tomorrow. May check it out if I get the chance.

#3571 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

Oh dang, 82 looks to be night hangout eh? Google says it opens at 6pm - No lunch? Probably won't be swinging by then.

#3595 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Come to Vegas next week, the arcade at NY-NY has a Ghostbusters, bugs being worked out and mods being added to it right now, but it should be out on the floor probably by Wednesday.

Dang. I was there yesterday. No GB for me
Put up two HS and a GC though

#3599 7 years ago

RobT is selling his GOT PREM, stock - for $5800! Very low plays, HUO. Located in riverside.

Great deal for anyone local. PM me and I'll give you his #.

Steve

#3613 7 years ago

Robs GOT PREM is sold. Lots of trade offers, but ultimately cash wins.

2 weeks later
#3785 7 years ago

I sold rob one of my pins in the past. He's a standup good guy.

1 month later
#4197 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any North County, Del Mar , SoLana beach pinsiders out there ?
I will be on vacation starting Saturday and would love to meet a few pinsiders in the area have a few beers and play a few games.
If pizza port in solana beach still has some pretty decent games we could meet up there.
I'll buy the first two, 2 , pitchers of beer .

Pizza port is awesome!! Great beer, even better pizza. They only had POTC last time I was there (almost a year ago).

1 month later
#4355 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

Longtime Lurker and Vid guy. I'm ready to buy my first pin....trying to stay around $2K. Looking for something that will good for newbs...I have lots of kids that are at our house with our children and family members. Have played alot...been to PAGG twice, go to the pinball museum often (although I always leave there frustrated and not wanting a pin afterwards) and I own a business in a shopping center next to Phoenix Games in Concord....so I play their pins nearly every week. Still just not 100% sure on what I want.
I'm in the East Bay in the Concord/Walnut Creek area. If anything ever comes of mind and fits the bill to a newcomer like me...please keep me in mind.
Thanks -Mike

I'd recommend WCS (World Cup Soccer). Great pin for the price and kids and inexperienced players love it. Lots of lastability - Easy to learn, tough to master.

3 weeks later
#4435 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryphun:

Interesting market we are in these days.
Noticed several pins on craigslist SF (same collector) just increased his prices over 1 week period.

Yea apparently in California if a pin doesn't sell, you actually increase the price rather than reduce. Go figure.

#4439 7 years ago

So is the death of this thread near an end? Looks like people's LOCAL sale posts are getting moderated into oblivion. Where's the retarded emoticon...? Oh here it is.... « Spoiler! Click to reveal. G-R-E-E-D »

P.S that spoiler would have been cooler if I could actually post a picture in this thread!! Wtf pinside

#4447 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, no more public pictures...no biggie. If you're interested in someone's game, PM and then exchange pics by email.

The problem is that some people have posted a game for sale and a moderator has removed the post completely so you won't know there's a pin for sale locally unless you post it to the public in the market place.

#4461 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can't really see the issue.
If you have a pin for sale, post:
Selling my Xenon pin, mint condition, looking for $3000. Pm me for photos.
Done. No fee. No crisis.
rd

Quoted from RTS:

Exactly.
I'm in the minority. I hate the pics in this thread.
They can take up so much space scrolling down when I have no interest in a particular game.
Save the pics for those who respond and send pics (or a link to pics) directly.

The issue is that moderators are deleting posts when people do it like this. I know 2 people who have posted a game for sale locally that had it deleted and then scolded by the moderator. Luckily, ive been in the market for a pin and checking the thread every 30 minutes and one of the ones that got deleted was a WOZ and was quick to contact the seller. In fact, I Picked it up today! But, had i not seen his post in this local thread and he was forced to put a market ad, we would not have worked out a deal. He would have listed it higher to cover fee's and i would have just stuck to a shipped NIB WOZ which was my original plan until he posted in this thread. Just not good for us little guys and another method of pinflation corrupting the market.

#4467 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just checked. The fee for selling a WOZ on Pinside is $35. Thirty five dollars.
If you are a paid up "supporter", it's only $26.50. Twenty six dollars. And 50c.
Half you guys spend that on lunch every day! I would say that $26.50 to put your machine in front of 35,000 keen pin buyers with no Craigslist shenanigans is pretty damn cheap!! In fact, on a say $7000 WOZ it represents a 0.0036 percent commission.
I honestly can't see what's the problem with that. I just sold a $2500 pin on NZs version of eBay and it cost me $100 plus commission.
rd

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I generally try and let these discussions play out without my involvement. I am compelled to add my 2 (maybe three) cents here. If you all saw the other side of the coin & how difficult it is to run and continue to develope a site like this you may have a bit more understanding for the changes that were made to keep the site you frequent running. If the site helps you sell a machine to a member you can trust then what is the issue with the site getting a very small cut? I mean there are no ads running on the site, donations are voluntary, and there are mods that donate a ton of their time to help out but some are really trying to get around paying a small % of a sale that Pinside helped facilitate?
You can no longer sell pins on Pinside over the $3K mark without going through the market place and paying a small % (if it sells) to help the site keep moving forward. Sure there are ways to figure out how to be cheap and not contribute on a sale the site helped with but the staff is trying hard to get the new marketplace up and running. One in which buyers can review sellers so the community has a place to come and sell/buy with trusted parties. I know some will not agree with the change but please try to remain respectful to those that help keep the site running for your enjoyment.

You guys are right. And I've been procastinating on donating again. I did a long time ago. Anyway, I threw down a $35 donation cause I really wanted a WOZ and found a great one because of this thread. Had it been listed in the marketplace, I may not have gotten first dibs. But more importantly, the seller was kick ass! Pinsider 'CharlieX' aka Joe. Real good dude!

I've met a lot of cool people on pinside and this thread alone, I wish we all lived closer so we can flip and have a few beers more often. Anyway, thanks joe for the WOZ (we had a crazy, in a good way, time getting it down his stairs with a motorized stair climber dolly. A little hair raising but fun experience overall since nothing was damaged

...and the WOZ survived the trip home and is working perfectly!

#4468 7 years ago

Btw; a majority of us in this thread and on pinside do not make money in this hobby. In fact, most of us lose a few hundred on most sales/trades. A lot of us don't have 50+ game collections or money falling out our arses. Keeping it real with money and pins rotating amongst the community is what I've always liked about this hobby. Kind of like when O-din sold RBION to RobT, who sold it to me, which I eventually sold it back to O-din. Just an exchange of money to let us sort of 'borrow' the game from each other But I do understand the hobbys blown up and the big rollers have stepped in and to keep pinside rolling, robin and the mods gotta do their due justice to keep us happy.

1 month later
#4661 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm considering selling my TH LE (bronze). Has side art, troll fixes, and other fixes that I've done so it plays perfect. Amazing condition. Has invisiglass, shaker, etc. if the offer is right I'll sell it.. I'm local to you in Orange County.

Ive played KPG's Hobbit; plays and looks great! I think Rob even GC'd it!

#4689 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Except in this thread....pictures are worth a thousand bans

1 month later
#4839 7 years ago

Anyone plan on selling an SMVE or STLE anytime soon, hit me up.

#4846 7 years ago

I have a friend (not a pinside member) that's looking to trade his modded TWDLE for a mint fish tales (+ cash). He may consider a straight up sale too. I'll place a pinside ad when I can get to his house and take pics.

2 months later
#5134 7 years ago

Anyone know if/when Ayce Gogi is getting Aerosmith?

I'm overdo for a visit but want to wait for Aerosmith

3 weeks later
#5195 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like it more than most people. It's fun for a while, so enjoy! If it wasn't for its fatal flaws, I'd probably still have it....like the gaddamn small sling holes - the sling switches bend back against them and give you unresponsive slings. Any time I bent them back, they'd be crappy within a couple games again. Also the endless Multiball once you get further into the game...once you're in Vs. Modes, it's all Multiball, all the time.

Didn't the new code somewhat address vs. modes?

1 week later
#5303 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to put my collection up for sale:
Iron Man original (HUO, I am second owner), heavily modded, custom powder coat, custom apron with flashers, toys, etc. (no color DMD) $6100
TWD Premium (pretty much stock) great HUO condition (original owner) $6100
The Hobbit LE (original owner) plastic protectors, LED light kit for rear and under apron. $7200
PM with any questions etc.

Robs IM is truly amazing in person; so much custom work and still looks like it just came out of the box.

Anyone who's bought from Rob knows he keeps his pins in immaculate condition. Buy with confidence.

EM's you'all say eh...... I actually played some EM's at expo and had a blast. We had a sweet $1 game going on Rocky, what a cool freakin game! Unfortunately it started acting all weird on us and we had to move on to another. Forgot what others we played, but sure was fun doing $1 games on em.

#5306 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quite the opposite. The last thing I want to see outside of work is FG. It's just a flat out great game. The most Williams feeling Stern has built and one of Pat Lawlor's best. Great design, great unique main toy, great rules by Keith Johnson. It's highly rated by tournament players, casuals, and players in between. I think you're a little too against the game for reasons never quite explained...usually completely out of context & just to push my buttons for some reason.

I gotta agree. Id probably put FGY in my top 5 all sterns. Integration, layout, rules, and best mini pf in all of pinball not to mention the humor is unmatched vs any other pin out there. Such a great pin. I owned one for 4 years; got to play it again for the first time in a long time at expo, such a great pin even after all these years. So clever, so fun. Those who don't like it are just missing out; and Shrek doesn't count

#5316 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not getting out of the hobby.
Just downsizing even more, and going with less expensive pins to help fund upgrades for another hobby (Jeep). I do have an Aerosmith pro on order.

So let me see if I got this straight; you're trading a mint collector IM, a TWD PREM, and a hobbit - for 1 Aerosmith...PRO? wtf! I know you weren't drinking alcohol at expo. 420 Legal now? Must be it.

Just messing around, get that AS shipped overnight lets play!

#5332 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whoops. You may be onto something there. In 2007 code updates weren't on my radar as much as they are now. TWD didn't have Horde in it for well over a year. I used to leave post its on the game begging for an update to the code, and after about a year the operator finally did. He was an old time operator who didn't really know or care about code updates.
So I concede that FG may have had early code the whole time it was there. Certainly that would have an adverse effect on my opinion of the game. But, I still stand by my criticisms of the ramp and Stewie mini play-field.
Damn, now I'm going to have play that game again to find out. Ugh.
Louis is Lois' auto fill-in cousin.

Yea I'd have to say FGY has the most variety than any pin out there as far as call outs and sounds. Had that game for 4 years and it never got old and always made me chuckle. And, it seemed like I'd always hear a new call out on that game.

For Stevie pinball, there's a smaller ball you can put in the game that makes it play a little more fun; bouncier and faster.

I agree on the ramp, not the best ramp in the world, but not bad by any means either. Especially when you're doing the down south mode and hitting the monkey.

Rules are amazing for anyone who loves Keith's challenges. Tv wizard mode is attainable and a blast; the Stevie super jp is amazing to get - and his secret super jp is even more amazing. Beer can modes + evil monkey shots, fart + lard mb. Dude the game has it all. I'd definitely give it another chance.

1 month later
#5430 6 years ago

Authorized Stern Pinball Service Van....

Friend of mine said he saw this van with the stern logo driving up the 15 fwy by my house. Anyone ever heard of this or seen it? Kind of crazy, but cool to know that there's a stern service dept in so cal in case i have any issues

1 month later
#5590 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just cant figure out how people who've been in this hobby for so long and have played so many excellent games can stomach such a horrid, soul sucking box of garbage. If that's what passes as "enjoyable" these days, I'm done...I should sell everything...pinball is over...

....let's see, I'll take your BK2K and WH2O. Better sell 'em at fire sale prices too as to help get you out of the hobby quicker

1 month later
#5801 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Adam checks out A+
Thanks to everybody who says Adam is the best
Bob C
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Reference check = Adam from LA CA, handle TKDalumni on Pinside
Anybody have dealings with him?
Thanks!
BobC

Adam is top notch! Buy/sell with confidence.

1 month later
#5947 6 years ago

Think it's time to let go of my GOT PRO. Owned it for nearly 2 years. Original owner, purchased NIB. HUO. No Ghosting or cabinet issues. Game looks, plays, and feels great.

List of mods:

+Scott's Handrawn Translite
+Shaker Motor
+Titan Red Rubbers
+Pinnovators Headphone Jack with external volume control
+hooked sword mod upgrade
+mounted signs (mezel mod??)
+PBL glossy balls.
+Valar Morghulis custom magnet on coin door
+Custom Instruction Cards
+Custom Sound Package: I replaced 2 or 3 of the soundtracks with music from the show.

Waxed every 6-9 months. Replaced glossy balls every 3-6 months.

Local pickup; cash + carry as of now.

Pictures as of yesterday 10.15.17:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2ofz7og0hemq7v/AAAMW6WOe7nR8oMV5zkets87a?dl=0

Will set up a listing later this week but will donate if sold before then.

1 week later
#5967 6 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Just FYI TNA #6 is all setup ans on location at On TILT @ AYCE Gogi in Van Nuys, game is amazing!

Bad ass! Can’t wait to play.

2 months later
#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Been a busy weekend. BOTH my Sega Racers AND KISS Premium were sold yesterday. Now coping with my loses

If you want an SMVE at a fire sale price to help the healing process. Shoot me a pm

1 week later
#6275 6 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Why is that? I've only played the pro version.

I’m kind of curious too. I haven’t played the prem either but always felt the elevator mb qualification rules were better on the prem and the double/triple scoring rules with the upper pf.

3 weeks later
#6373 6 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Looks like I need to take a 60mile trip to ayce. Any ideas when is the best time for eating and playing pins? Is it family friendly for a 12yr old and 14yr old?

Not family friendly unfortunately if you want to play pinball. Kids aren't allowed in the gaming area cause it's considered a bar, 21+. That said, staff is awesome and welcoming. I always enjoy going just after lunch whether I eat or just play pins. The food is good, the pins are better

#6385 6 years ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

When selling a machine, has anyone gotten contacted by someone who just so happens to sign up to Pinside the same day as posting and has no information in their profile?
Should I overly suspicious?

It does seem suspicious. If he picks it up and pays with cash, shouldn't be a problem. If he's asking to jump through hoops, I'd raise a flag.

1 week later
#6435 6 years ago

Changed mind; NFS.

#6439 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Deal with confidence. Steve is a cool pinballer!

Thanks Steve! Sorry folks, this game is just too cool. I knew I shouldn't have played it tonight - I hate this hobby sometimes. Not listing and taking it down again. Sorry folks, we are fickle bunch when it comes to pinball...at least, I am

2 weeks later
#6517 6 years ago
Quoted from Tungs10:

I have a TWD Pro for Sale in San Marcos. PM me if you'd like to chat about it. I've been looking to trade it +/- cash for a GOT but I'm willing to sell it to fund my purchase.
-jim

Sent you a pm. I have a real nice GOT and ready to shake things up and would love a TWD PRO. Hit me up.

If anyone else wants to trade for a GOT PRO, hit me up. Primarily looking for TWD PRO or Maybe a SW PRO.

#6519 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I have a premium for your SmVE

Wish it was a pro!

1 week later
#6544 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Someone local want a NIB Houdini?

Machine - For Sale
HoudiniNew!NIB - New in box “Receiving game on Tuesday April 3rd.

Houdini NIB - $7,000
Art Blades installed - $100
Shipping I paid - $400

Total - $7500

I'd prefer a local sale, but will ship it if you want ...”
16 hours ago Moorpark, CA 7,500 (Firm)
spandol

Awesome Deal Steve! You should just open it, play 20 games, then sell it as a super special "NOB" And price it up a few hundred

1 month later
#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

will drop it $50 per day until it sells.

#6669 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ll buy it on day 29

Day 28

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know both KPG and RVDV, and they are both great guys, but I think that they are BOTH cheap ass bastards. One is that way because he drives a McLaren. The other one is that way because he drives a Lambo. Two peas in a pod!

ROFL. And your avatar sums All that up in a nutshell.

#6706 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

We’re all good, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy
Either, just too sensative for Pinside
Must be the Mclaren he drives , needs every penny he can get for that payment
Must not tip at all thinking about that car payment each time
Just having fun KPG
Ps :your welcome to try my Lambo’s !!

Quoted from RobT:

I know both KPG and RVDV, and they are both great guys, but I think that they are BOTH cheap ass bastards. One is that way because he drives a McLaren. The other one is that way because he drives a Lambo. Two peas in a pod!

Quoted from kpg:

We're all good! He didn't seem like a bad guy, just cheap. Business aside I'm sure he's not a bad dude.
But he's probably a shitty tipper.

I got you all beat, I drive a PriusC! Not even a Prius. 50+mpg - cheap mother fucka for the win!

#6734 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

5th
Some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

2nd

#6782 5 years ago

Anyone know of somebody that does shipping from CA to AZ? Or recommend best shipping methods for that transport? Thanks

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Just posted Chris fox's info in AZ thread for you. He's doing a trip this weekend but you would have to call now if it's not to late.

Thanks buzz. The buyer hasn't officially paid for the game so it would be a real leap of faith on my part if we tried to do it now. I'll call him and see if it's even conceivable. Thanks.

1 week later
#6802 5 years ago

SMVE + GOT PRO to be listed soon.

HUO SMVE: SALE PENDING
+ Original Owner; purchased NIB. Have had it a little over 1 1/2 years.
+ Color DMD (Original DMD included)
+ Mirror Blades
+ External Volume control w/headset
+ Factory shaker, armor, etc.. all included
+ Has lightning flippers installed (originals included in coin box)
+ Center drain post removed (included in coin box)
+ Pinball Life Glossy Balls.
+ No major pf or cabinet issues. Game looks pristine; waxed, cleaned, etc... on regular basis. Plays fantastic and fast.
+ Small crack in venom ramp that is out of sight and doesn't effect gameplay.
+ Doc Ock cliffy was warped from day 1 so I removed it; have a replacement but have not installed it nor felt any reason to for Home use.
SALE PENDING

HUO GOT PRO: $4950 firm
+ Original owner, purchased NIB. Have owned it a little over 2 1/2 years.
+ Color Dmd (original DMD included)
+ Shaker
+ Scott's Hand Drawn Alt Translite (original included - will take $200 off if buyer doesn't want the alt translite)
+ External volume control w/headset
+ lots of misc mods including hooked sword, beat master decals, wood signs, and more...
+ Pinball life glossy balls
+ no major pf or cabinet issues. Game looks pristine. Waxed, cleaned, etc... on regular basis
$4950 firm
Have pics of both which are a couple months old but not much as changed. Plan to get new pics tonight.

Steve

#6803 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

HUO SMVE: $6200 obo
+ Mirror Blades
+ No major pf or cabinet issues. Game looks pristine; waxed, cleaned, etc... on regular basis. Plays fantastic and fast.
+ Doc Ock cliffy was warped from day 1 so I removed it; have a replacement but have not installed it nor felt any reason to for Home use.
$6200 obo - will make killer deal if buyer can cash + carry this weekend.
HUO GOT PRO: $4950 obo
+ Shaker
+ Scott's Hand Drawn Alt Translite (original included - will take $200 off if buyer doesn't want the alt translite)
+ lots of misc mods including hooked sword, beat master decals, wood signs, and more...
+ no major pf or cabinet issues. Game looks pristine. Waxed, cleaned, etc... on regular basis
$4950/obo
Have pics of both which are a couple months old but not much as changed. Plan to get new pics tonight.
Steve

Sale pending on SMVE.

GOT PRO price is now firm and will probably remove GOT PRO for sale altogether once SMVE sale finalizes.

#6808 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

HUO SMVE: SALE PENDING
+ Mirror Blades
SALE PENDING
HUO GOT PRO: $4950 firm
+ Shaker
$4950 firm
Steve

SMVE officially sold.

GOT PRO off the market for now. Will give it a proper listing if/when I decide to re-list it.

3 weeks later
#6892 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like they are trading arms and legs too.

I hear testicles go for $35k a pop. That could get you a supreme pin

2 months later
#7041 5 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Anyone interested in a modded Iron Man Vault lemme know, or will list soon...just wanted to throw it out there first.

When will Pirate's land at Ayce?

#7043 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They had one months ago. The 3-spinner version.

Yeap, and guess who had the GC on it

#7045 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guess who played it and never wants to play that game ever again.

Not enough hobbit math rules for you?

#7050 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hobbit isn’t math. It’s a cinematic mode based progression game, like LOTR. It has audio and video of all the characters and stories and draws you into its world. POTC has zero characters or stories despite having to pick from 40 characters. It lacks personally. Feels stale. Doesn’t make use of its multi movie license.

That’s why it’s awesome we have Ayce! Get to play sweet games in great shape at a fantastic location to find out what we like and don’t like.

#7086 5 years ago

Iron Maiden Pro w/shaker + stern spike2 headset external volume control . Single owner HUO low plays. Looks great, plays great.

$5400. Ground floor, easy access. Have pin dolly for easy loading.

Deduct $100 if you don’t want the spike volume control.

Will take pictures later tonight.

Cash only.

#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iron Maiden Pro w/shaker + stern spike2 headset external volume control . Single owner HUO low plays. Looks great, plays great.
$5400. Ground floor, easy access. Have pin dolly for easy loading.
Deduct $100 if you don’t want the spike volume control.
Will take pictures later tonight.
Cash only.

Maiden sold to a cool pinsider. Enjoy the game Mark!

Donation to pinside made.

#7115 5 years ago

Been thinking about AC/DC pro vault lately. If anyone has one for sale in so cal, hit me up.

#7130 5 years ago

Thinking about doing a trade down on my HUO AFMr-LE. Gonna start by looking for a TWD Pro (+cash). Shoot me a pm if interested.

#7137 5 years ago

Never mind gonna wait

3 weeks later
#7196 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Iron Maiden Premium: $7,500
so I keep my pins in the lobby of my day job, and some drama went down, so now I need to store or sell my machines. I freaking love this game but I just can't store all of them. So it's gotta go. Game is in perfect working condition. Pick-up only, any time of day. I'd like to get it out of here by this weekend if possible. I have a hydrolic cart here and can help you load it into your vehicle.
PM me if interested. Thanks!
- Adam

I don't want to sound rude or disrespectful, but if you really need to get it out before the weekend, you might want to bring your price below NIB pricing.

#7200 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To be fair, you save on shipping &amp; a potential letter from the Use Tax board.

Very true. Good thing we have a local distributor now surfsidedetail that you can pick up a game at their location with warranty and stern/distributor support, and for less than what he’s asking for his OUO. I just bought my ACDC pro vault from them and they loaded it in my car, saved my back, and were fantastic. Very pleased with Evan and (crap forgot the other guys name, but he was the one who helped me and kicked butt loading it ).

These are the risks we take with buying modern pins; used (little to no support or pay for parts replacement) vs NIB (take a bigger hit to resell). At what price difference does a buyer say to themselves, id rather buy used and save xxx rather than go NIB? One is not better than the other, it’s just that everybody has their own price that they are ok with spending or even losing.

1 week later
#7225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

There's no math-chess. Just lots of modes...easy to understand how to start them &amp; what the goals within them are. Easy to understand goal-based completion of modes, multiballs, etc. Plays like an adventure.

I'm pretty sure you need a bachelor's in science to figure out the mode multiplier combinations in hobbit . Star Wars = shoot the green shot if you want it multiplied, otherwise it's not multiplied.

5 months later
#7721 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Buy with confidence. JT is a stand up guy

I second this. I sold him my SMVE. His games are immaculate!

#7739 5 years ago

Looking for Deadpool Prem, possibly LE.

1 month later
#7887 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How could you guys rationalize picking 3 out of my lineup to sell? This could be fun

Answer is easy; buy a Deadpool

#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

AYCE Gogi
7128 Van Nuys Blvd
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Lots of great machines to play! They have Oktoberfest &amp; BKSOR as well!

Oh snap, OKF too! Business trip incoming

2 months later
#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No Star Wars home edition? I thought that was going to be the big reveal at comic con.

Those are prototypes.

#8242 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wanted: somewhere to play. I’m in LA, technically Castaic through the end of the week. I need to get my pinball fix while I’m out here if anybody wants some company. Or if anybody has any suggestions where to play.

Where in LA are you? I think AYCE Gogi (Van Nuys) is the best place you can go for food and pinball. You don’t have to sit to eat, just order from the bar menu, grab a beer, and grub in the pinball area while you play

EDIT: the food is almost better than the pins. And they keep their games in top notch shape

2 weeks later
#8323 4 years ago

I have a non-pinhead friend that’s looking to sell his IMVE. It’s HUO; i was the original owner - so he’s 2nd Owner. I believe it has a shaker motor and don’t think it has any other mods, maybe an external sub. He snapped me a few pics, I’ve asked for more, but from the few pics he sent it looks like he has barely played it.

I’d like to swing by his house, pull some audits, have a look at it, and help him take some quality pics soon; but i have been absolutely slammed with work and family so not sure when i’ll Have time to do that. I told him i’d Toss up some feelers on it and go from there. I’m not sure the value of IMVE, but assuming it’s as nice as it appears, i’ll put it at $4800 and go from there.

It’s located in Chino Hills. Feel free to pm me if interested.

2 months later
#8492 4 years ago

So I’ll be in Pleanston this week on business. Any recommendations on where to play some pinball in that area?

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Careful playing dollar games with SKB

Hahaha!

Thanks for All the info and recommendations. I fly back home tomorrow, and The locations seem a little out of the way; that coupled with doing dinners with colleagues, etc... = Pinball is on the back burner this trip.

1 month later
#8601 4 years ago

Just listed my single owner, HUO AC/DC Pro Vault. Not really looking for trades at this Time.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “First Owner, HUO AC/DC Pro Vault purchased NIB. Pinside recommended I list this as NOB, but I listed it as HUO because I have common sense. I’ve owned it a little over a year and...”
2019-11-20
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Archived after: 532 days
Viewed: 419 times

#8612 4 years ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

Bump for Steve's sale. Buy with confidence from this great guy!

Thanks Mark! I may end up keeping this one if my Xmas bonus comes before I find a buyer. I was just looking to sell to help plan a couple upcoming trips.

1 month later
#8677 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Machine - For Sale

Star Wars (Premium/LE)

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Stern Star Wars LE (Limited Edition) Pinball
#327/800

Less than 600 plays
Has Stern Glare-Free Glass
Mezel Mods Millenium Falcon mod
Mezel Mods Light Saber mod
Mezel Mods X-Wing ...”

2 hours ago

Orange, CA

kpg

Stern Star Wars LE (Limited Edition)
#327/800
$7300
Less than 600 plays
Has Stern Glare-Free Glass
Mezel Mods Millenium Falcon mod
Mezel Mods Light Saber mod
Mezel Mods X-Wing mods
I have personally went through and verified all rubbers, lights, etc are working perfectly. No blemishes anywhere on the game.

Ive seen, played, and even bought KPG’s games before. I can attest to this statement. He’s very meticulous with his games, high quality, deal with confidence.

2 weeks later
#8692 4 years ago

I would probably let my SW PRO go for less than $4500. Heck, if anyone is interested, hit me up.

2 weeks later
#8711 4 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Annnnndddd there goes my pinball cherry. Thanks again man.

Score! Honored to pop it hahaha. Enjoy!

2 months later
#8950 4 years ago

...Or IMDN like everyone else has been using

4 months later
#9298 3 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Looking for a MMr SE near the Inland Empire.

Welcome back Eric! Good to see you’re name floating about again and building back the collection.

Quoted from kpg:

Lowered my TNA to $6200
Get this super rare pin before someone else does

Machine - For Sale

Total Nuclear Annihilation

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Like new TNA, perfect condition cab. Extremely well maintained and very low plays (under 600 for sure)

Has tons of mods that make it very unique and likely the best one you'll fi...”

7 days ago

Orange, CA

kpg

Stellar price. Great seller here - Deal with confidence.

2 weeks later
#9330 3 years ago

Looking to buy a JP PREM or LE local. May have a line in on an LE but it would include shipping so hitting up the local scene quick to see if anyone is selling.

I would consider trading my acdc pro vault (plus cash) if interested. In fact, I would also consider trading acdc pro vault towards a GOT PRO if anyone is looking to switch it up.

3 weeks later
#9435 3 years ago

Well I gone done it and put a deposit in on GNR. I also have a deposit in on JP. So either I need to cancel JP, or I gotta sell something. I don’t like the idea of having 3 music pins in a small lineup, so I’ll probably put my IMDN PRO (single owner HUO) on the chopping block. This maiden plays near flawless with 99% shooter accuracy on manual and auto plunge. Looks great, plays great, sounds great. It does have lightning flippers installed but can easily be swapped back to regular. Shaker and stern headphone kit installed. Thinking $5k. Local pickup only so you can see and play it in person.

4 months later
#9832 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Because it’s pretty terrible?
Just keep shooting the outside shots, never the middle. I got 900m first game out.
Anyway - that’s my opinion. YMMV.
rd

Quoted from palmab03:

Because the key shot to the game seems to be the demogorgan shot and I've never once successfully hit it.

1 month later
#9972 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:I am selling my remaining 2 racing arcades. I converted them to PS3's with 27" smart TVs, wired in the surround sound to a receiver and added a sub woofer and shaker with independent controls. Higher end racing wheels and pedals. Really slick machines, just don't have the space in my current configurations. Pretty sure I spent about $1k each to build them at the time, but only asking $500 total for the pair. I need them to move quickly! You'll need some muscle to move them and REALLY should rent a truck with a liftgate or AT LEAST a ramp to get them where ever you are taking them. Make me an offer. Trade me something for them. Please come and get them lol. Pm and I can text pics and video. You can see them briefly in this video:

That was an awesome video.

#9973 3 years ago

Sort of getting the itch for a GOT Pro or Prem (maybe LE?) locally. Have a pristine single owner HUO IMDN Pro as trade bait. Hit me up.

3 weeks later
#10017 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

You would think so, right Eric?
Apparently EHOH premiums sell for $10k+ now based some recent ads...

Yea stern increased the prices of Elviras by $500 + they are harder to come by = pinflation.

#10028 2 years ago

I’ll be listing my IMDN PRO as soon as I get pics. Exclusive early buyer chance in the CA thread!

Original owner HUO, pristine condition, manual and auto plunge flawless, goodie bag still stapled inside, shaker motor, Stern headset, has lightening flippers on but will include the originals and/or will swap them back to the originals if preferred.
$5500 OBO.

EDIT: I’ve owned the game since October 2018.

#10036 2 years ago

IMDN PRO officially listed.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I’ve had this game for about 2 1/2 years. Original owner, HUO, 700 plays IMDN Pro. Currently has lightning flippers installed but will include the originals and/or I can swap the...”
2021-05-06
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 493 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 month later
#10112 2 years ago

You guys are just killing Rarehero now

#10122 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Dang, I tried to sell my GB Pro a couple years ago for $5k. It has pink armor, CDMD and other mods. Had no takers at all.
What changed? I know prices have changed a lot this last year but what is making GB more desirable?

A lot has changed actually:
• big code update
• no longer in production
• Pinball in general is in more demand
• people are either forgetting the designer is a deuchebag molester or they’re too new to the hobby to know that he is. I, personally, would have a hard time owning another JT game because of this. Edit: but knowing good dudes like Dwight and Jeremy worked on the game does help.

#10127 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I don't think punishing Stern Pinball for JT's actions makes any sense as they immediately parted ways with him and left the game with Dwight/Jeremy/others. Not questioning your reasoning at all and I totally get it but just providing another perspective.
Jeff

For sure. I mean, I love Steve Ritchie games but Dwight is the main reason GOT and SW are a couple of my favorite games. Same with a lot of Lyman games. All in all it’s a huge collaborative effort.

1 month later
#10216 2 years ago

Took you long enough

Quoted from RobT:

I love TNA. Ironically I only sold it so I could make room for my "must have" DPLE, and as it turns out, I'd rather have my TNA back. Might put my DPLE up for sale.

2 months later
#10499 2 years ago

Gay 90’s Price + Interest check.

I Got a friend in So Cal (Upland) that wants to sell his Gay 90s. It’s probably 7/10 condition but don’t know much about EM’s to compare it to. He got the machine about 3 years ago, inherited when he bought the house it was in. I helped him getting it cleaned and working 100% at the time; which really didn’t take too much effort to get it going. Only issue with it now, which started recently, is the 10’s digit doesn’t reset to 0.

Anyway, let me know what you guys might think a fair price to sell and if you know anyone interested. Thanks.

3 months later
#10882 2 years ago

Thinking about listing my Deadpool premium soon. I have had it for nearly 3 years, NIB Original owner, HUO. Mods:

- Pro Translite (comes with the premium too)
- flipper Fidelity speaker system with the upgraded 10” sub
- pinmonk multiplier color bracket
- stern spike 2 external volume with headset
- translucent instruction cards
- shaker
- invisiglass
-1725 lifetime plays

Dialed in and plays fantastic. Only flaw is katana ramp entrance has a slight chip which is fairly common for this game but I have the Mylar and washer fix in place for over 2 years now.

Thinking of listing for $11k. Flexible on price? Yes, depending on interest level and ease of sale. Giving the local thread crowd dibs first. I haven’t taken recent pictures but can tonight. Anyone who knows me or bought a game knows I keep my games very nice. I do have a dolly for easy pickup and loading. Only selling if the game I have lined up to replace is a for sure deal (which it sounds like it will be). But, may also consider a GZ Pro + cash.

5 months later
#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

If your staying in the hobby I wouldn’t get rid of that Rick and morty.

I second this. At least until I can afford to buy it

7 months later
#11745 1 year ago

Looking for a Game of Thrones (Pro) GOT PRO. Let me know if anyone has one or a lead before I spend my money elsewhere Thanks.

10 months later
#12476 3 months ago

Buying a pin for $1,000 back in the day? Inconceivable and a waste of money.

Buying a pin for $10k today? Ah yes that’s much better, I’ll take 4 please.

1 month later
#12580 72 days ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I may be the antichrist here for saying something... I thought this thread was created for people in California who want to buy and sell games and parts. People post on here when they're looking for something or when they are selling something.
But now this thread has become a social conversation thread about many different topics that have nothing to do with buying, selling, or wanting pinball.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

It strays off topic from time to time, but typically (not always) stays relevant to California and pinball related. Doesn’t bother me too much personally when it happens; and socializing with fellow pinhead neighbors can be healthy for future buy/sell/trade ads as long as it doesn’t plague the thread too off topic nor too frequently.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.