(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,672 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 458 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

I'm just used to dealing with LEP. Lol.

Ha! Has LEP been used before?

1 week later
#358 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guy is already asking people for offers, so looks like he saw the demand and wants to turn it into a bidding war.

Guess he got an offer he couldn't refuse since the listing is now deleted.

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

don't think i've ever played a Police Force before... any good?

Not in my opinion. One of their weakest offerings of the time.

1 month later
#576 9 years ago

Why all the hate for the Chrome Acorn Speed nuts? They certainly look a lot nicer than anything other than the ones Williams used with the colored tip. And easy as pie to install: Insert in 5/16" nut driver, push down lightly and give it a 1/2 turn.

And, for what its worth, tightening down a plastic on an older game is asking for trouble - or at least for broken plastics. Having them flop around a bit is a better choice. And, can't say I ever "heard" a plastic make noise regardless of the post cap/nut used?????

I hope you don't have issues over the weekend at Arcade Expo with lost caps on the stronger games. Those rubber caps tend to pop off and find their way into holes in the playfield and even under the outhole switch.

And by the way, you can't use a threaded Nylon nut on a Gottlieb as their post screws had no threads other than the spiral ones cut by the Speed nut. If you are trying to install Nylon acorns on Gottliebs, that may be the reason you hate them so much.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nimblepin! I'm sitting here hungry and you are writing love letters to CactusJack? WTF! Are we eating or not? At least I'm not thirsty!

Nimblepin, I did not mean to offend, I was just speaking from old school experience from years of being on the operating side of pinball. There were many service calls or down games due to one of those rubber caps popping off. Even when they were fresh and tight. But there was a post in the past where some did not even know how to install the Gottlieb nuts and were fighting with them since they weren't using a nut driver and/or applying downward pressure to get them to start.

I have to personally commend you on yours, and other's efforts of working on John's games to ready them for the upcoming Arcade Expo. It is a tremendous undertaking to try to get 500+ pins up and ready for public play. And I will appreciate every game, regardless of the type of post cap used.

As to the Chrome Acorn nuts, I have never had a problem with new ones other than maybe a single dud every now and then. However, there are two types. Ones that have the thread built in and are designed for pre-threaded posts. These are the kind you would find at a typical hardware supply store. Then, there are the ones, like Gottlieb used, that are self tapping Nuts. I have only been able to find those from Steve at PBR.

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

rubber nuts...hell I have two myself...

I am truly sorry!

#647 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The one on the right is the German model that rotordave took with him back to New Zealand. I had thought that was as nice as I could find before I came across the other one. All three including the beater I started with had great backglasses. I have heard for the most part they held up pretty well.

Yes, other than a broken one and a faded one, I have never seen a bad FB backglass (flaking etc.) Its been discussed before but it is interesting how some 70's Ballys held up so well (FB, Monte Carlo, Bow and Arrow, Capt. Fan. etc.) and then others its hard to find a perfect one.

1 month later
#895 9 years ago

Nice. Bellbrands should jump on this one if she hasn't totally committed to the "other" two games.

10 months later
#2545 8 years ago

Keep in mind, this isn't really all that different from many of the "Shows" that go on all around the country. They survive (or fail) based on a large pool of volunteers and people that bring games. In this case, no one really needs to bring games (except maybe Jim B. to round out his tournament offerings! ). But only to commit the spare time in advance or even during the 3 or 4 shows each year.

Of course, its a lot easier to spend the time needed to fix up 1 or so games of your own and then bring them for all to see and enjoy at other shows. And in the end, you get to take them back home with you. Hopefully, at some point, there will be many more fully functional games and fewer bad ones. But there is way too much work there for just one person to undertake. And I am sure any help, regardless of one's technical ability, is welcome.

After all, it's even a time saver to have "Players" to document exactly what's wrong with the games to save a tech having to chase down all the minor issues.

I wish family issues didn't prevent me from getting out there on the weekends but I will certainly be there during the show and in the early AM hours to help fix games in January. It's my way of supporting a "local" show.

1 month later
#2862 8 years ago

And what Kid wouldn't want a pinball game in their home?

An EM is probably the best way to get them started too.

But before you know it, She will be asking: Dad, Why are the flippers so small on this game?

3 months later
#3681 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Dropped my ST LE to $8K, removed ColorDMD... has lots of mods, perfect condition and cleanest one you will find.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34780

Looks like you sold your shop vac. Did you get full price? ?

4 months later
#4549 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is anybody else in So Cal having trouble with their AT+T home internet?
Mine went out middle of last week and was supposed to be up and running Friday, now they are saying next Friday. Something about a server blew up in a storm last week is all they can tell me.

Land line Phone service by AT&T, DSL provided by DSLExtreme (via AT&T leased lines). Working fine in South Orange County all weekend for me.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#4701 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It cracks me up that people are still whining about the flipper gap on GB. hahaha..lol..
Anyway I've got a decent players condition Flash that I just went completely through including all new flipper parts and coils, rubbers, wax, took apart and cleaned all solenoids, drop targets..etc. $700 in north OC.
I need a spot for Flash Gordon I picked up vesterday.

Don't leave Emperor Ming Waiting too long...........

1 year later
#6106 6 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

sandiego.craigslist.org link
A couple of playfields for sale in SD.

whatever they were, they are gone now.

2 months later
#6483 6 years ago

Anyone have a player's condition Addams Family they are thinking of selling in the So Cal area?

3 months later
#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I just now saw this Fun Fest in this estate sale at Costa Mesa, usually I try to keep up with the local estate sales but I got behind and just now saw this. This is the first time I have seen a pinball in one of these. No idea if it is still there for today, but if it is maybe they will be ready to move it out. There is also a Defender video game.
https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Costa-Mesa/92626/1927824

A cocktail Defender at that! Can't imagine that lasted long here in SoCal.

#6984 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are there any HUO Captain Fantastics?

There was a NIB a couple of years ago as I recall. But as I also recall, all the metal had turned white. Which once again proves NIB and HUO means very little.

2 weeks later
#7019 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

My sweet Star Wars arcade game with ESB kit is now on Ebay with bidders battling it out. 50 watchers and climbing...
ebay.com link

Have you read you own add? Game Title: Road Blasters. Then, under description, you name a bunch of other games? 2 Player Football, 4 Player Football......

On Mobile ebay, I guess it tries to make a summary of your entire description.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CactusJack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too?tu=CactusJack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.