(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,671 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Blenderhead
  • Topic is favorited by 458 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 12,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 254.
#4551 7 years ago

Comcast cable modem is the way to go. Its never down. I'm getting 200mb+ per sec.

#4553 7 years ago

We used to have Comcast but now it's Time Warner. AT&T had suckered me in with their bargain DSL but now it costs as much as any. No way am I ever going u-verse with their unreliable service. At one time many years ago I had told myself I would never deal with AT&T again. Should have listened to myself.

#4554 7 years ago

Interested in trading a Batman Dark Knight.

Will trade 1 for 2, 1 for 1, +/- cash, whatever works.

Looking for a nice Solid State Stern, nice Data East, System 11 (especially High Speed), a Bally Flash Gordon, Special Force or something else interesting. Only modern games I'm heavily interested in right now are Congo, AFM, CSI, WOF. There are probably others too though, so if you're interested in a BDK and have games to move, feel free to hit me up.

#4555 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is anybody else in So Cal having trouble with their AT+T home internet?
Mine went out middle of last week and was supposed to be up and running Friday, now they are saying next Friday. Something about a server blew up in a storm last week is all they can tell me.

At&T dsl sucks big time!! Had it for almost a year and there isn't a day when the signal doesn't drop out. I've had multiple repair guys out. Anything running though an old land line is the worst. Like dial up. I'm ready to bail on this crap!!

#4556 7 years ago

When it does work they can throttle it back so far sometimes that it might as well be dial up.

#4557 7 years ago

Have a Capcom Flipper Football with oeiginal soccer ball topper if anyone ia interested. 1900 obo

#4558 7 years ago

Anybody in California have a WWE LE they would like to sell? Please PM me......... Thank you.

#4559 7 years ago

PiperBoy's BMDK is in the house. Great looking game with several original mods. Buy with confidence.

#4560 7 years ago

Any pins for sale in the Fresno area? Feel free to PM me. I'm looking to buy a couple for my 30th birthday in October.

#4561 7 years ago

Hey ianwho! Good to see another central valley-er around here. Although, looks like you've been here longer than I have.

There are a few on CL, but they're all way overpriced last I saw. PiperPinball was selling a few pins in an earlier set of posts, and his appear to be restored, or darn near close to it. All great titles, too.

Good luck and happy birthday!

#4563 7 years ago

Any interest in trading your Diner for a Devil Riders?

#4565 7 years ago

I have a gorgeous Spider Man for sale. Some of you may have seen it at Phoenix Games in Concord. I routed it there for the last 4 months. It was my best earner. I am only selling because I just picked up the Vault Edition which I hope will earn even better. This is a chrome Spider Man with nearly $3,000 in upgrades (no kidding!).

Asking Price is $5700

Here is a link to 17 high-res photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u3it7xd6468pm6/AAAQLoX-4A3Wka1O7EzaMbqWa?dl=0

Some of the upgrades include:

Custom chromed armor
Pinball Pro speakers
Shaker Motor
Back Alley building set
Back Alley custom painted train car
Pinball Refinery lighting effects in buildings and train car
Conitaker LED kit
Cointaker LED panel in upper cabinet with remote control
Dock Ock figure with lit arms
Lit flipper buttons
Lit speaker panels with spiders
Red DMD cover
Factory and/or Cliffy protectors on all ramps, drop target bank and shooter lane
And more

I just cleaned and waxed the playfield and replaced the balls. I recently rebuilt the lower flippers and replaced all the trough switches. It plays good as new.

#4566 7 years ago

Putting my rfm back on the market. Huo. Cleared pf. LCD monitor. Everything is flawless. I paid $3600 for it. First $3k takes it. Pm me.

#4568 7 years ago

Just listed my BOP 2.0 Kit in the marketplace if anyone is interested. Restored my BOP, selling it, but the guy whos buying it wants it original without the 2.0? So, im pulling it out and wont have use for it. Paid almost 1900.00, selling it 1600.00 firm plus shipping, since it basically new. Thanks Mike

#4569 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Just listed my BOP 2.0 Kit in the marketplace if anyone is interested. Restored my BOP, selling it, but the guy whos buying it wants it original without the 2.0? So, im pulling it out and wont have use for it. Paid almost 1900.00, selling it 1600.00 firm plus shipping, since it basically new. Thanks Mike

Awesome deal. If only I had a BOP.

#4571 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Does he know you can play the original with the 2.0 kit? Two games in one. He'd be insane to take the game without 2.0 installed.

#4572 7 years ago

that's a great price for a huo rfm glwts

Quoted from vintage4life:

Putting my rfm back on the market. Huo. Cleared pf. LCD monitor. Everything is flawless. I paid $3600 for it. First $3k takes it. Pm me.

#4573 7 years ago

I'll take the RFM! Call me 707-592-4540

#4574 7 years ago

Pm sent

#4575 7 years ago

Still looking for an Addams Family! I'm looking for a nice/decent original game. I'm in the SF Bay Area and have the following games for trade towards an Addams Family:

Fathom
Flash Gordon
Playboy (Bally)
Mata Hari
Paragon

Games are NOT for sale! Please don't ask...

Please PM me if you are interested. Prefer local trade, but willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#4576 7 years ago

Bump for my NBA fastbreak still for sale.

#4577 7 years ago

I have the following available:
Capcom Flipper football with topper
Atari Superman
Bally Fireball classic (ss) NOT home use
Bally Strikes and Spares

PM me if interested in any, no reasonable offer refused

#4578 7 years ago

I'm selling a really nice, fully working Eight Ball Champ. Asking 750.00

#4579 7 years ago

My Spiderman is still available. The price has some wiggle room. Also considering trades plus cash.

Added over 7 years ago: Update: Spider Man is sold

#4580 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Still looking for an Addams Family! I'm looking for a nice/decent original game. I'm in the SF Bay Area and have the following games for trade towards an Addams Family:
Fathom
Flash Gordon
Playboy (Bally)
Mata Hari
Paragon
Games are NOT for sale! Please don't ask...
Please PM me if you are interested. Prefer local trade, but willing to travel for the right deal.
Thanks,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Suddenly there are 3 TAFs on CL...

#4582 7 years ago

If you don't know all the pins rvdv just listed look them up, they're all pretty cool.

#4583 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My Spiderman is still available. The price has some wiggle room. Also considering trades plus cash.

PM sent!

#4584 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't know all the pins rvdv just listed look them up, they're all pretty cool.

Thank you, your pretty cool yourself.

Oh, you were talking about the Pins

#4585 7 years ago

Beware of Chris from Sly Fox. While there does seem to have been Pinsiders who have had a good experience with him, I, on the other hand have had the ultimate nightmare experience. I did a trade with someone, and BOTH the game going out, and the game I received were damaged.

I won't get into all the details, but bottom line:

Yeah, he'll get your pin from point A to point B, but if something goes wrong and it gets damaged, don't expect him to take any responsibility for it. Absolute terrible service. I'll never use that guy again.

Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I know a lot of you have used Chris from Sly Fox shipping and have had a lot of good things to say about him.
My experience wasn't so good. I called him on August 31st about picking up an Addams Family pinball machine from northern California and delivering it to southern California. He quoted $300.00 which was higher than I expected based on what other people said they had paid. That is just barely cheaper than NAVL in which the machine would be insured but I thought I would give him a try.
He let me know in advance that he wasn't going to be traveling the weekend of 8th and 9th and couldn't bring it until the following weekend.
He didn't contact the customer for several days so I called him to see when he would be picking up the machine which he replied he would pick it up in the next couple days. The customer called me a week later and said they hadn't heard from him. I contacted him again and he said he would call her that afternoon. Three days later the customer still hadn't heard from him and was concerned because she was moving.
The following day he picked up the game. He showed up at the customers house at 6:30pm with his Mother to help him.
For those of you that have met Chris you know he weighs probably less that 150 pounds and doesn't really strike you as being an equipment mover. Chris asked for a wrench and a screwdriver to remove the legs and removed the topper because he wasn't aware of how to fold the back box down on a pinball machine so he wanted to remove the topper. I was told his Mom picked up the machine while he removed one leg and set the corner of the machine down on the customers leather chair which put a hole in the seat of her cushion. Chris and his Mom proceeded to remove the other legs and somehow Chris struggled to get the machine to his trailer. The customer said he "slammed the machine down on the floor of his trailer" which she was concerned about.
When Chris arrived at my home on Saturday I helped him get the pinball machine out of his trailer. The bottom of the machine was laying on the bottom of his trailer and the bottom of the machine was chewed up in places where it had been slid around on its bottom. I saw there wasn't a topper and asked him about it and he said he had to remove it because it wouldn't make it out of the customers garage and that he had never seen a topper that was held on with screws and that he has only seen toppers with velcro int he past. He isn't a pinball guy needless to say.
Chris is a super nice guy and I know he did his best and there was no significant damage to the game. I am not trying to talk bad about him but just wanted people to know of my experience so that if you need a prized machine moved, he might not be the guy.

#4586 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Beware of Chris from Sly Fox. While there does seem to have been Pinsiders who have had a good experience with him, I, on the other hand have had the ultimate nightmare experience. I did a trade with someone, and BOTH the game going out, and the game I received were damaged.
I won't get into all the details, but bottom line:
Yeah, he'll get your pin from point A to point B, but if something goes wrong and it gets damaged, don't expect him to take any responsibility for it. Absolute terrible service. I'll never use that guy again.

If you don't mind, I'd like a bit more detail. What caused the damage? What kind of damage?

I have not had any problems with him, but am concerned by two recent accounts from others (yours included). I'm wondering if these problems can be easily prevented.

#4587 7 years ago

I used Chris two weeks ago to transport a very nice restored pin ($7K+ value) from SoCal to NorCal. He picked it up on a Saturday morning and delivered Sunday morning.

My experience with him was excellent. I was very clear on my concerns about transport and made sure we agreed on how the game would be transported and wrapped. I arrived with no problems and Chris was extremely courteous and helpful. He even sent me a picture an extra part that the seller supplied but had some pre-existing damage - he wanted to make sure I knew the condition of what he was picking up on that piece. I had also worked with the seller to make sure he had the game prepared for pickup and transport.

He mentioned some of the comments here. In my lengthy conversation with him, I came away confident that 1) he does a fine job of transporting pins; 2) is getting more pin transport requests recently than in the past; 3) is strongly considering adding a pin dolly to help with transport; 4) he is very conscientious about his work; and 5) clear open communication up front is important.

I do not have an issue using his services. Yes, he does move other items aside from pins. As with any pin move, the shipper also needs to some preparation prior to the transport service arriving and notify the service if there is something unique about the item being picked up.

His truck and enclosed trailer were very nice.

#4588 7 years ago

1. He shows up at my house to pick up a game from me without a dolly, and asks if he can borrow mine. I oblige. While transporting the game from my game room to his trailer, the game drops, destroying not only the cabinet, but parts inside as well. He blames it on the dolly. Keep in mind I own 10 games, all moved with that dolly, and NONE of them have ever dropped. I ask ask him if he would be willing to at least accept partial responsibility as well since he was the one actually moving the game. Nope. Refuses to accept any responsibility. I lose $300 on that deal. That's damaged machine #1.

2. A week or so later, he delivers a game to my house. Upon closer inspection I find a number of scratches and deep gouges on the side of the machine, and ruined side-art... Damage that isn't shown in pictures of the game before it was delivered. After weeks of getting the run-around, he finally replies to a message from me and asks how much the damage will cost. I get a quote from someone for $275 for repair and new side-art. He says the damage that occurred should not cost more than $200 to fix. I tell him, it's not even about the money. I just want it fixed, so if he has someone who can fix it for $200, I'm all for it. Just get it fixed. Of course, he has no one who can fix it for that price and offers no more than a "Take it or leave it". Damaged machine #2.

From my point of view, I lost $300 from him dropping machine #1, And now I have to lose another $75 on machine #2 because he dinged up the side of my game? Nice.

Needless to say, he never paid me a dime for the damage, and I haven't heard from him since.

So like I said, I don't doubt that there have been some people out there who have had a decent experience with him. But if something, ANYTHING goes wrong, don't expect him to own up to it. You're on your own.

If you don't mind, I'd like a bit more detail. What caused the damage? What kind of damage?
I have not had any problems with him, but am concerned by two recent accounts from others (yours included). I'm wondering if these problems can be easily prevented.

#4589 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

1. He shows up at my house to pick up a game from me without a dolly, and asks if he can borrow mine. I oblige. While transporting the game from my game room to his trailer, the game drops, destroying not only the cabinet, but parts inside as well. He blames it on the dolly. Keep in mind I own 10 games, all moved with that dolly, and NONE of them have ever dropped. I ask ask him if he would be willing to at least accept partial responsibility as well since he was the one actually moving the game. Nope. Refuses to accept any responsibility. I lose $300 on that deal. That's damaged machine #1.
2. A week or so later, he delivers a game to my house. Upon closer inspection I find a number of scratches and deep gouges on the side of the machine, and ruined side-art... Damage that isn't shown in pictures of the game before it was delivered. After weeks of getting the run-around, he finally replies to a message from me and asks how much the damage will cost. I get a quote from someone for $275 for repair and new side-art. He says the damage that occurred should not cost more than $200 to fix. I tell him, it's not even about the money. I just want it fixed, so if he has someone who can fix it for $200, I'm all for it. Just get it fixed. Of course, he has no one who can fix it for that price and offers no more than a "Take it or leave it". Damaged machine #2.
From my point of view, I lost $300 from him dropping machine #1, And now I have to lose another $75 on machine #2 because he dinged up the side of my game? Nice.
Needless to say, he never paid me a dime for the damage, and I haven't heard from him since.
So like I said, I don't doubt that there have been some people out there who have had a decent experience with him. But if something, ANYTHING goes wrong, don't expect him to own up to it. You're on your own.

This is unfortunate and it sucks, but it sounds like it was preventable. Pins generally take 2 people to move. I'd never let one guy dolly a pin out of my house by himself. I'd have hands on it, make sure it was strapped, etc. Most likely I'd be the one steering.

Regarding the pin that arrived with damaged side art, was it padded with moving blankets and shrink wrapped? If so I don't see how the side art could've been scratched. Always insist on this.

When you watch the $500 guys move a pin they always use 2 guys and they always blanket and shrink wrap it before it gets moved. When you hire the solo guy for $150-$200, be prepared to lend a hand, lend some blankets, supervise, etc. I could be wrong, but it seems like the few guys who have had bad experiences did not do the latter.

#4590 7 years ago

They were vids, not pins, and yes I helped him move the games. He wasn't solo in this.

So you're saying he doesn't deserve any blame in this?

And for the record, I didn't hire this guy. The person I traded with hired him.

This is unfortunate and it sucks, but it sounds like it was preventable. Pins generally take 2 people to move. I'd never let one guy dolly a pin out of my house by himself. I'd have hands on it, make sure it was strapped, etc. Most likely I'd be the one steering.
Regarding the pin that arrived with damaged side art, was it padded with moving blankets and shrink wrapped? If so I don't see how the side art could've been scratched. Always insist on this.
When you watch the $500 guys move a pin they always use 2 guys and they always blanket and shrink wrap it before it gets moved. When you hire the solo guy for $150-$200, be prepared to lend a hand, lend some blankets, supervise, etc. I could be wrong, but it seems like the few guys who have had bad experiences did not do the latter.

#4591 7 years ago

Shipping a pin should:
1)be prepped for shipping

Trucker has no responsibility if not prepped properly.

2) you get what you paid for;
$450- two guys to move it into the truck and wrapped it
$150 - one guy to move it into the truck the way you packed it

Commen sense you help the man out if by himself,300 lbs machine!!

He's no Hulk...or is he ?

Claiming high valued damage for a $150 pick up will have him stop doing this real soon.

Just saying; do your prep work and help the man

#4592 7 years ago

Also make sure the truck bill is filled out properly where you make notes of shipping condition

When receiving check those notes and make exception / notes if needed

Does Sly fox carry insurance ?
Trucking Bond ?

#4593 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Also make sure the truck bill is filled out properly where you make notes of shipping condition
When receiving check those notes and make exception / notes if needed
Does Sly fox carry insurance ?
Trucking Bond ?

We use various shippers quite often for items that are about the size of pinball machines, although about 20-50x pricier. I think there is a common misconception about insurance when you hire someone to ship things. There really is none, unless you buy it extra. If things get damaged it is nearly impossible to get payment for it. Even if you HAVE insurance, it still can be very difficult to get a claim paid, as everyone in the chain will deny responsibility and blame everyone else. We have shipped things hundreds of times and haven't had any issues, but there have been a few disasters and we have had to eat it, since we generally don't purchase the insurance because it is expensive.

The best way to have success is to hire a shipper that is professional and knows how to properly handle your stuff, and has a good degree of customer service. Not so easy to find, but it is possible. And cross your fingers a lot and hope.

As another side note, it is a generally followed rule that it is up to the sender to pack things "properly". If there is damage and then it is determined that it wasn't "packed properly", then all responsibility will fall back to the sender. What does "packed properly" mean? Well, it is different for different things, but generally speaking, it needs to be set up so it can be reasonably expected to protect against the normal handling and collisions that will happen during the trip.

This is probably the only truly safe way for a pinball, from this same thread. Not many are going to take the time and expense to do it though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/102#post-3291898

#4594 7 years ago

Again...

A. I didn't pay for this guy. The person I traded with hired him. I had no idea he was just some guy with a trailer moving stuff for people. I thought he was hiring someone with a legit moving business.

B. I DID help him move the machines to his truck.

Quoted from rvdv:

Shipping a pin should:
Claiming high valued damage for a $150 pick up will have him stop doing this real soon.

Quoted from rvdv:

Shipping a pin should:

#4595 7 years ago

Thanks for the input. Yup, definitely a lesson learned for me. Do it legit, or don't do it at all. Not messing with these guys moving thousands of dollars of my equipment with their personal trucks and trailers anymore.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

The best way to have success is to hire a shipper that is professional and knows how to properly handle your stuff, and has a good degree of customer service. Not so easy to find, but it is possible. And cross your fingers a lot and hope.

#4596 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

They were vids, not pins, and yes I helped him move the games. He wasn't solo in this.
So you're saying he doesn't deserve any blame in this?
And for the record, I didn't hire this guy. The person I traded with hired him.

I'm not saying he deserves no blame. I'm just interested in what went wrong. I may use him again and don't want similar problems.

If you were helping him move the arcade when it fell off the dolly, I'm not sure whose fault that is. Both? Same goes for when the buyer/seller allow the arcade to get loaded and shipped with no padding or protection.

And I'm having trouble picturing how the arcade fell off the dolly with 2 people holding it and being careful. My method of choice is a big hand truck with fully-inflated tires and a ratcheting strap (same way I move appliances). Those flat wooden dollies are "okay" if you have several hands on it and you're going slowly, but the little casters have trouble going over cracks, bumps and thresholds.

If it feels like I'm busting your balls I apologize. I honestly do sympathize with what happened to you and your games and I'd be upset too. It just seems to me these bad experiences are usually preventable. Pins and arcades are a bitch to move and must be moved very carefully. I hear horror stories all the time. I've been fortunate so far not to be involved in one.

Hopefully these horror stories and safety tips help others avoid a similar fate.

#4598 7 years ago

Have a nicely restored and led'd Riverboat Gambler for $2300, in the Los Angeles area (Woodland Hills). Message me if interested.

#4599 7 years ago

Hi Everyone, I'm a new person on this site and I'm in the market for my first pin. I don't know anything and if you have any recommendation, would be happy to hear them. Thanks!

#4600 7 years ago
Quoted from atwong:

Hi Everyone, I'm a new person on this site and I'm in the market for my first pin. I don't know anything and if you have any recommendation, would be happy to hear them. Thanks!

Buy a cheap EM, make it your first practice machine. Regardless of budget , go for $500 or less and learn it all there. Then upgrade in few months. No hurry, plenty of pins in the greater tri County area.
You also may get several PM's messages from guys trying to sell. Like I said, lots of pins available and there will be next year to.
Go to a show, see what you like. Banning will be first up in March. Go to club 82 in LA, 20 pins on location. See what you like.
Eric

There are 12,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.