(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 255.
#4501 7 years ago

Selling my Hollywood Heat (Nor Cal, Folsom) in the marketplace: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/39261

#4502 7 years ago

Hello Pinsider's...

I have a Caribbean Cruise cocktail game I purchased in Van Nuys, CA. I wanted to see if anyone was traveling from Los Angles area (Van Nuys, CA) up to the San Francisco Bay Area, that I could arrange picking up this game for me.

Let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

#4503 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsider's...
I have a Caribbean Cruise cocktail game I purchased in Van Nuys, CA. I wanted to see if anyone was traveling from Los Angles area (Van Nuys, CA) up to the San Francisco Bay Area, that I could arrange picking up this game for me.
Let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

I am having Chris with SlyFox picking up a game for me in Riverside this Saturday and is delivering to me in San Luis Obispo same day as he is heading back north. You might want to give him a ring and see if he might be able to load your Caribbean Cruise up with my Whirlwind.

Chris @ Slyfox 209-403-8871

#4504 7 years ago

I have a Wico Af-tor ($1,500), and a Bally Playboy ($1,200) for sale in SoCal. I'd love to find a Funhouse, Judge Dredd, or Scared Stiff.

#4505 7 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

I am having Chris with SlyFox picking up a game for me in Riverside this Saturday and is delivering to me in San Luis Obispo same day as he is heading back north. You might want to give him a ring and see if he might be able to load your Caribbean Cruise up with my Whirlwind.

MGMPIN... Thanks! I'll call him now.

Kerry

#4506 7 years ago

Anyone in the Visalia/Fresno area have a good 19" arcade monitor you want to sell? My RFM's monitor (wells gardner) Has almost completely lost green and red is right behind it... P&L verified that the chasis is good so my tube is likely shot.

#4507 7 years ago

Kerry

Cool! Hope it works out Kerry!

#4508 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Anyone in the Visalia/Fresno area have a good 19" arcade monitor you want to sell? My RFM's monitor (wells gardner) Has almost completely lost green and red is right behind it... P&L verified that the chasis is good so my tube is likely shot.

I have a brand new in box wells for pin2k. I will be in San Jose in two weeks and can bring it with me if you want to try and meet up. 500 takes it.

#4509 7 years ago

Kerry

Chris kicks ass used him many times.

#4510 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Chris kicks ass

I'll back that!

#4511 7 years ago
Quoted from MGMPIN:

I spoke to Chris yesterday... we're discussing arrangements.

Thanks
Kerry

#4512 7 years ago

#4513 7 years ago

Great looking mods, Dan! That's a great looking CCC!

#4515 7 years ago

Where my drop target fans at?? Really clean and fully working Gottlieb Target Alpha $1300. Easy pickup and play.

Added over 8 years ago: Sold

#4516 7 years ago

NBA Fastbreak, in good shape, everything working, LEDs. $2500

#4517 7 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

NBA Fastbreak, in good shape, everything working, LEDs. $2500

Ugh why? Why must you tempt me?

#4518 7 years ago

Muhahaha. You must buy it, you can't resist.

#4519 7 years ago

FREE to anyone that wants this. Gottlieb Buccaneer lower cabinet in good condition, only the side rails are still on it. I was going to use it for a different wedge head and do a repaint, but I didn’t need to. Should work for late EM's and possibly early SS (Gottlieb's). Could be delivered to PPM event in November.
Best to call or text if interested.
Izzy
916-718-2534
located in Sacramento

#4520 7 years ago

Hi Guys, selling a HUO POTC for $4,300 OBO

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “POTC HUO plays perfect and in fantastic shape, has the gold coin shooter, back alley cannon, the plank and talking skull topper, it has been touched up on the right side please see...”
2016-09-19
San Jose, CA
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 140 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4521 7 years ago
Quoted from Scrappy01:

Hi Guys, selling a HUO POTC for $4,300 OBO
NEW!machinefor salePlaced 2016-09-19 21:39 (today)For sale: Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern, 2006)“POTC HUO plays perfect and in fantastic shape, has the gold coin shooter, back alley cannon, the plank and talking skull topper, i...” $ 4,300 Scrappy01 San Jose, CA Home Used Only (HUO)

If only I hadn't just bought something else.......

What's the talking skull topper? Got a link?

#4522 7 years ago

Just sold to an awesome pinsider, really nice guy, not sure it was on there when I got it, looked pretty cool though but I forgot to take a pic

#4523 7 years ago

I know a lot of you have used Chris from Sly Fox shipping and have had a lot of good things to say about him.
My experience wasn't so good. I called him on August 31st about picking up an Addams Family pinball machine from northern California and delivering it to southern California. He quoted $300.00 which was higher than I expected based on what other people said they had paid. That is just barely cheaper than NAVL in which the machine would be insured but I thought I would give him a try.

He let me know in advance that he wasn't going to be traveling the weekend of 8th and 9th and couldn't bring it until the following weekend.
He didn't contact the customer for several days so I called him to see when he would be picking up the machine which he replied he would pick it up in the next couple days. The customer called me a week later and said they hadn't heard from him. I contacted him again and he said he would call her that afternoon. Three days later the customer still hadn't heard from him and was concerned because she was moving.

The following day he picked up the game. He showed up at the customers house at 6:30pm with his Mother to help him.
For those of you that have met Chris you know he weighs probably less that 150 pounds and doesn't really strike you as being an equipment mover. Chris asked for a wrench and a screwdriver to remove the legs and removed the topper because he wasn't aware of how to fold the back box down on a pinball machine so he wanted to remove the topper. I was told his Mom picked up the machine while he removed one leg and set the corner of the machine down on the customers leather chair which put a hole in the seat of her cushion. Chris and his Mom proceeded to remove the other legs and somehow Chris struggled to get the machine to his trailer. The customer said he "slammed the machine down on the floor of his trailer" which she was concerned about.

When Chris arrived at my home on Saturday I helped him get the pinball machine out of his trailer. The bottom of the machine was laying on the bottom of his trailer and the bottom of the machine was chewed up in places where it had been slid around on its bottom. I saw there wasn't a topper and asked him about it and he said he had to remove it because it wouldn't make it out of the customers garage and that he had never seen a topper that was held on with screws and that he has only seen toppers with velcro int he past. He isn't a pinball guy needless to say.

Chris is a super nice guy and I know he did his best and there was no significant damage to the game. I am not trying to talk bad about him but just wanted people to know of my experience so that if you need a prized machine moved, he might not be the guy.

#4524 7 years ago

Where were you the last few months...I would have saved myself a ton of money!

#4525 7 years ago

If he's not a pinball guy, then what is he? Honest question, is his background more with Vids than? Because I've heard similar feedback and know of instance where an expensive, not easy to find medium resolution monitor got necked in the process of him doing a move. So that sort of raises questions in my mind as well for using his services.

It's too bad too, someone posted a few days ago about him going to Riverside, Ca for a pickup and I actual have a pickup in Riverside I need done as well. If the feedback I had gotten was better, the timing would have been perfect...but I'm just gonna suck it up and drive down myself this week.

#4526 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

If he's not a pinball guy, then what is he? Honest question, is his background more with Vids than? Because I've heard similar feedback and know of instance where an expensive, not easy to find medium resolution monitor got necked in the process of him doing a move. So that sort of raises questions in my mind as well for using his services.
It's too bad too, someone posted a few days ago about him going to Riverside, Ca for a pickup and I actual have a pickup in Riverside I need done as well. If the feedback I had gotten was better, the timing would have been perfect...but I'm just gonna suck it up and drive down myself this week.

He mentioned he moves motorcycles occasionally. There appeared to be a few other pinball machines and maybe a video game under the blankets. I'm guessing he will move just about anything he can fit in his truck or trailer.

#4527 7 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

Where were you the last few months...I would have saved myself a ton of money!

I hesitate to ask how much you paid for an ACDC if $7500 is a ton of money cheaper!

#4528 7 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I know a lot of you have used Chris from Sly Fox shipping and have had a lot of good things to say about him.
My experience wasn't so good. I called him on August 31st about picking up an Addams Family pinball machine from northern California and delivering it to southern California. He quoted $300.00 which was higher than I expected based on what other people said they had paid. That is just barely cheaper than NAVL in which the machine would be insured but I thought I would give him a try.
He let me know in advance that he wasn't going to be traveling the weekend of 8th and 9th and couldn't bring it until the following weekend.
He didn't contact the customer for several days so I called him to see when he would be picking up the machine which he replied he would pick it up in the next couple days. The customer called me a week later and said they hadn't heard from him. I contacted him again and he said he would call her that afternoon. Three days later the customer still hadn't heard from him and was concerned because she was moving.
The following day he picked up the game. He showed up at the customers house at 6:30pm with his Mother to help him.
For those of you that have met Chris you know he weighs probably less that 150 pounds and doesn't really strike you as being an equipment mover. Chris asked for a wrench and a screwdriver to remove the legs and removed the topper because he wasn't aware of how to fold the back box down on a pinball machine so he wanted to remove the topper. I was told his Mom picked up the machine while he removed one leg and set the corner of the machine down on the customers leather chair which put a hole in the seat of her cushion. Chris and his Mom proceeded to remove the other legs and somehow Chris struggled to get the machine to his trailer. The customer said he "slammed the machine down on the floor of his trailer" which she was concerned about.
When Chris arrived at my home on Saturday I helped him get the pinball machine out of his trailer. The bottom of the machine was laying on the bottom of his trailer and the bottom of the machine was chewed up in places where it had been slid around on its bottom. I saw there wasn't a topper and asked him about it and he said he had to remove it because it wouldn't make it out of the customers garage and that he had never seen a topper that was held on with screws and that he has only seen toppers with velcro int he past. He isn't a pinball guy needless to say.
Chris is a super nice guy and I know he did his best and there was no significant damage to the game. I am not trying to talk bad about him but just wanted people to know of my experience so that if you need a prized machine moved, he might not be the guy.

That really sucks.

To my knowledge Chris owns no pins and is simply a mover. I have used him multiple times with no issues, but I was present to oversee breaking down, prepping and loading the pin, as I am with any mover. Chris is strong enough to carry one end and I trust him to get the pin from Point A to Point B. That's it.

Who did you buy this pin from that they just sat and watched? An old lady?

I think it's just us hobbyists using Chris to move pins and an experienced owner is typically involved on both the shipping and receiving end to oversee and assist. That's the way to do it. And always insist the pin is blanketed and shrink-wrapped all the way around.

#4529 7 years ago

I will agree that if you need a nice or high-end pin moved, he may not be the one you want to move it. He brought my SoF from SoCal to NorCal and it was hanging part way out the side of the truck bed as he had a video game taking up most of the bed area. It left a deep gouge along the bottom edge of the game on either side that I was not happy about. Nice enough guy though for sure.

Todd

#4530 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That really sucks.
To my knowledge Chris owns no pins and is simply a mover. I have used him multiple times with no issues, but I was present to oversee breaking down, prepping and loading the pin, as I am with any mover. Chris is strong enough to carry one end and I trust him to get the pin from Point A to Point B. That's it.
Who did you buy this pin from that they just sat and watched? An old lady?
I think it's just us hobbyists using Chris to move pins. An experienced owner is typically involved on both the shipping and receiving end to assist. That's the way to do it. And always insist the pin is blanketed and shrink-wrapped all the way around.

It actually was an older lady that I purchased it from and she had no way of prepping it herself. She was only able to sit and watch and called me afterwards telling me about how Chris and his Mom tried to move the machine and that I should have sent an experienced mover. I had only seen great reviews about Chris so I thought he was more experienced with moving pinball machines than he was.

#4531 7 years ago

It actually was an older lady that I purchased it from and she had no way of prepping it herself. She was only able to sit and watch and called me afterwards telling me about how Chris and his Mom tried to move the machine and that I should have sent an experienced mover. I had only seen great reviews about Chris so I thought he was more experienced with moving pinball machines than he was.

Honestly, I wouldn't even trust Michelle Bianchi's shippers to pick up a pin from a clueless old lady. It's unlikely that every single crew in her network, coast-to-coast, really knows how to prep and move a pin with no supervision or direction.

I am curious why Chris charged you so much. Maybe since he had to bring help? I'm accustomed to something like $150-$175. $300 is a big difference.

#4532 7 years ago
Quoted from mann0mann:

He is just a shipper. He will move anything for you if it fits in his truck/trailer, he has no expertise in moving arcades or pinballs specifically. He is really more of a point a to point b guy. He isnt like NAVL which shows up with a big truck and 2 guys and has a bunch of stuff (corner cardboard, shrink wrap, yada yada. He said he gets most of his jobs off off the Uship website. I have used him 2 or 3 times now and never had any issues, however i will say, my games were blanketed and shrink wrapped before he showed up and i helped load them into his trailer with him. For me he is cheaper then what it would cost me to drive down to the areas he goes and pick stuff up myself. I havent used him for anyone other then pinsiders/klovers.

Another note, he did tell me if i was shipping arcades that i could request he use an open trailer instead of his enclosed one, and he could move them standing up. The price would just go up a little bit cause he has to rent the trailer from u-haul.

#4533 7 years ago

He said it was because it was further north than where he was so it required more travel time.

#4534 7 years ago

He said it was because it was further north than where he was so it required more travel time.

Out of curiosity where was it? Im almost as north as north gets lol, being about 2 hours south of the Oregon boarder.

#4535 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Out of curiosity where was it? Im almost as north as north gets lol, being about 2 hours south of the Oregon boarder.

It's up by Cottonwood

#4536 7 years ago

And what did you pay for this game if you were so willing to send a non-pinball person up to tear down & pick a game up from a non-pinball person and drive it down south?

#4537 7 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

And what did you pay for this game if you were so willing to send a non-pinball person up to tear down & pick a game up from a non-pinball person and drive it down south?

What I paid is between me and the seller. Based on the Pinside reviews I didn't know Chris was a "non-pinball person".

#4538 7 years ago

It's up by Cottonwood

HA that's like 15 min from me. In the future feel free to pm me if you need help with stuff up here. I could have helped Chris load that pin no problem and had it done properly.

#4539 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

HA that's like 15 min from me. In the future feel free to pm me if you need help with stuff up here. I could have helped Chris load that pin no problem and had it done properly.

Thank you very much. That is very kind of you!

#4540 7 years ago

I have a refurbished Trident for sale in the market place now asking 800 and may list a DE Star Trek for sale or trade soon. Hit me up if you are interested or if have any questions.

#4541 7 years ago

GBLE NIB $8750.00 in Phoenix in an air conditioned space strapped to Stern pallet.

Added over 7 years ago: SOLD

#4542 7 years ago

Anyone interested in Trading for my World Poker Tour with LEDs, mirror blades, TV mod showing WPT footage and Colordmd?
Prefer to trade for a Newer Stern or higher end Bally Williams +/- cash. PF is very nice and plays well...The cab is not as nice as the PF, there are scrapes on the back side like it was stored folded up and slid around. Front and sides nice, some bumps and bruises and perhaps a little fade. Lemme know what you got, Id sell outright as well if interested.

Shane

#4543 7 years ago

Also have a Gottlieb Hulk, The Amazing Spiderman, and Diner if anyone interested.

#4544 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looking for a Mustang Premium

Still looking!

#4545 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Also have a Gottlieb Hulk, The Amazing Spiderman, and Diner if anyone interested.

Diner!? details?

#4546 7 years ago

Players condition. Cab looks good, has touchups but well done. Playfield has overlay decals on guests, diner and 2 upper arrows. Full LED, non ghosting ablaze, most flashers as well, most rubbers new, rebuilt flippers, new flipper bats. I can email pics if interested. Plays well, error free. Display nice and bright.
Added over 8 years ago: ...

Added over 8 years ago: no longer avail.

#4548 7 years ago

Is anybody else in So Cal having trouble with their AT+T home internet?

Mine went out middle of last week and was supposed to be up and running Friday, now they are saying next Friday. Something about a server blew up in a storm last week is all they can tell me.

#4549 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is anybody else in So Cal having trouble with their AT+T home internet?
Mine went out middle of last week and was supposed to be up and running Friday, now they are saying next Friday. Something about a server blew up in a storm last week is all they can tell me.

Land line Phone service by AT&T, DSL provided by DSLExtreme (via AT&T leased lines). Working fine in South Orange County all weekend for me.

#4550 7 years ago

Landline works fine, but AT+T DSL is out. I'm ready to pull the plug and go cable. Too much time on the phone, and not getting a decent response.

Same service is working fine at the job 5 miles away.

There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.