(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 255.
#4051 7 years ago

Good morning, So Cal...

tumblr_msxn9k9YZ41rrpxw5o3_1280_(resized).jpgtumblr_msxn9k9YZ41rrpxw5o3_1280_(resized).jpg

#4052 7 years ago

Sweet!
I think I hear the ice cream man!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Nope, just my imagination...

Edit:
Good thing it's not even "noone" yet!

#4053 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Good thing it's not even noone yet

Looks like even Peter's starting to feel the heat.

images_(resized).jpgimages_(resized).jpg

#4054 7 years ago

Its so hot, I'm afraid to turn on a machine today.

#4055 7 years ago

The thermometer on the church across from work always reads a little high, but right now it's reading 128 degrees in direct sunlite. Never seen that before.

#4056 7 years ago

Time to play some Whirlwind! Best game on a hot day

#4057 7 years ago

It's 89* by me today. Normally it is close to 100. Funny how you get use to hot weather and when it is less than 90 you think its a nice cool day.

#4058 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sweet!
I think I hear the ice cream man!

I recognize that model of weather reader. I was going to buy the same one not long ago. I ended up not getting it, do you like it? Think its really accurate?

#4059 7 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Well that was quick lol, sale pending on this one.

Ok not so lol, buyer just backed out today so this is available again. It's for my restored Time Machine for $2400, ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35956

It's at my property in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles), I'll try and get better playfield pictures next time I'm over there.

#4062 7 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Think its really accurate?

Well, the sensor for it is suspended in complete shade without any other radiant heating element affecting it on the north side of the house so, if this is indeed accurate, we are most definitely SCREWED for summer.

I do like the crisp, clean display over my old one though. Nice and bright and can be powered from the wall or with standard batteries.

#4063 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

if this is indeed accurate, we are most definitely SCREWED for summer.

Nothing a little zinc oxide wouldn't help.

363912513-Spicoli_(resized).jpg363912513-Spicoli_(resized).jpg

#4064 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, the sensor for it is suspended in complete shade without any other radiant heating element affecting it on the north side of the house so, if this is indeed accurate, we are most definitely SCREWED for summer.

So, the reviews for the product are right... lol not very accurate. Really hard to beat good old tube and mercury?

#4065 7 years ago

To it's defense, it does feel like 120 degrees right now so, YMMV...
Hell, even the ants didn't want to come out today.
If it was any hotter, I'd be hallucinating tobacco spitting cupcakes right about now...

Anyhoo,
We now return you to your lawn barren SoCal for sale thread already in progress!
Chip Winklebunny signing off.

#4066 7 years ago

Buy a Demolition Man!

$2400 - sacramento.craigslist.org link

$2700 - sfbay.craigslist.org link

$2750 - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34387

DM2400_(resized).JPGDM2400_(resized).JPG

DM2700_(resized).JPGDM2700_(resized).JPG

DM2750_(resized).JPGDM2750_(resized).JPG

#4067 7 years ago

Looking for a nice Williams Indiana Jones near So Ca. I would trade my HUO Metallica Premium Road Case with the Pro translite, pinblades and cliffys. It was made Jan 2016 and still have the box / packing.

#4068 7 years ago

Anyone in the San Diego area have a Tommy or Tales from the Crypt? I would like to try it

#4069 7 years ago

Hey guys, I've removed some of the mods on my AC/DC Pro to reuse them on my other games and because some people wanted to buy individual mods from me. So I've updated my ad listing and dropped the price to $5500. Ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35870

The current mods on the game are :

- Helen translite, also have original ac/dc pro translite which is included.
- Lit speakers with remote control to control how the lights work.
- Girls on each speaker grill.
- Fully led'd.
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit for both speakers in the head and the large woofer in the cabinet.
- Helen table decal over Angus's face, along with the Helen apron stickers and cards.
- Shaker motor.

More pics are here, these are all updated to the current state of the game:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/acdc.html

For local pickup in the Los Angeles area.

10_(resized).JPG10_(resized).JPG

#4070 7 years ago

Updated my Time Machine ad as I took a ton more pictures today, they are all here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/timemachine.html

54 pictures so it may take a while to load. Ad is here:

$2400 for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area.

34_(resized).JPG34_(resized).JPG

#4071 7 years ago

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi", and see if anyone has a pin or two that would get me started. This seems to be the most "local" to Las Vegas, and from my research on here, it seems like the best way to get started is to buy from a friendly pinsider, as opposed to taking the craigslist gamble, even though I search it multiple times every day.

First a little background...I grew up in the 70's, loved pinball, played it whenever I could. But, this was infrequent, and I would only play games that gave me 5 balls, so other than playing, I don't have any "favorites", and would prefer the reliability of SS (I think!) over games of my "era". I've always wanted my own game, and never had a place to put one, until my recent move. Now, I have room for two machines. I've been to the PHOF several times, and really enjoy the modern games, but, unfortunately, the budget probably isn't going to allow me to scratch that itch. And I know I'm not gonna get a MM or TZ either...

So, I'm looking for a decent SS game or two, but I'd like to keep the cost to somewhere between 1500-2000 per game, obviously the lower the better. I've seen some beautiful games f/s in here (like the most recent IM and right above Time Machine), but they are above my threshold. Am I being unrealistic in my budget, for a reliable, working, attractive game? I found this craigslist ad locally, price seems decent, but my knowledge level is such that I could easily buy a pig in a poke, and not even know it. lasvegas.craigslist.org link

I'll keep reading and learning, and if someone has something they'd like to sell, that fits into my admittedly slim budget, please send me a PM. I know I'm new here and all, but I'm definitely not a flipper, but I would like to have a couple of 'em to play with in the evening... Thanks in advance!

#4072 7 years ago

Yes, your search for a reasonably priced game is feasible and not unreasonable, but may be unlikely based upon the resurgence in pinball popularity and greed. There are a few machines listed here on Pinside that are fairly priced and may fit into your budget. I would suggest also searching for a reasonably priced machine on the Mr. Pinball Classifieds website for your specific (and surrounding) geographical area.

There are always good deals to be found; patience and perseverance are key factors. Not to mention where to look, and the greater your pinball knowledge, the better your result(s) will be!

Greg

#4073 7 years ago

$1500-$2000 for a decent SS is a good budget. Keep looking and you will find something. That Motordome for $900 would be a good start. IMO, 95% of SS games shouldn't be over $2K, but that's the market at the moment.

#4074 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-head:

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi", and see if anyone has a pin or two that would get me started. This seems to be the most "local" to Las Vegas, and from my research on here, it seems like the best way to get started is to buy from a friendly pinsider, as opposed to taking the craigslist gamble, even though I................

If you want to learn more about Pinball, stop by Flipperspiel Underground Arcade Club website, http://vegaspinball.com

Talk with Adam when hes free. Hes a good guy and may or may not have a game he could sell to you. Hes located just down the street from the PHOF.

#4075 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-head:

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi"

You know, Motordome is not a bad game! Fully working early Bally , pretty solid games. Maybe he would do $700 in person?
Go play a bunch at Pinball Hall of fame. Be surprised what you might like. Good to have about ten titles in your head you want during your search. With that knowledge base, when a pin comes up on your list, you know to move fast on your budget.
Good Luck in search.

#4076 7 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Tag-Team for sale. Game is in working condition, Cabinet is in nice condition, playfield is ok. $900. Game is in storage so I don't have photos at the moment. Will make a proper ad when I can but just putting it out there. located in SFBay.

#4077 7 years ago

I'm pretty plugged into the pinball scene in Vegas, and while your budget is reasonable, prices are not. The pinball community here is very very small, with great people, but everyone thinks their thrashed machines are worth a fortune. I would love to help you out, but i'm way deeper than $2K into every machine I have because of what I had to pay, then add shipping and the expense of restoring them all to as close to mint condition as possible. You should probably focus your search on machines that are in rough shape, but playable. Learn to do basic repairs and maintenance, fix them up, sell for a profit, then graduate to nicer games.

#4078 7 years ago

I've been looking for a game at a reasonable price for a long time and I just want to say...

Screw resellers. I hate you scum bags.

#4079 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been looking for a game at a reasonable price for a long time and I just want to say...

Yeah, and a lot of them are on Pinside....

#4080 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

they've been around the seven years I've been in the hobby.

#4081 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You need a time machine. The inventory just isn't there anymore...finding cheap project games seems to be a near impossibility now. They were all plucked up, restored, and then kept (or resold...then kept lol)

Quoted from TZBen:

they've been around the seven years I've been in the hobby.

Yeah but a few years back - you could still beat them to the deals since deals and pins for sale were plenty. Now it's a desert.

#4082 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You need a time machine.

A Time Machine you say? Well yes, yes I do have one as a matter of fact:

Had to As far as inventory goes, from what I see back in the day people used to pay close to nothing for pinball machines and as a result tons ended up in the landfill since they were worth nothing. Nowadays though people are more actively buying them and paying more for them, as a result less are thrown away and what's left is being restored and sold to people that actually keep them and play them. As a result low inventory of games is now inevitable. It's annoying when you can't find or afford a game, but personally I prefer that to having them just be junked.

#4083 7 years ago

A Time Machine you say? Well yes, yes I do have one as a matter of fact:
Had to As far as inventory goes, from what I see back in the day people used to pay close to nothing for pinball machines and as a result tons ended up in the landfill since they were worth nothing. Nowadays though people are more actively buying them and paying more for them, as a result less are thrown away and what's left is being restored and sold to people that actually keep them and play them. As a result low inventory of games is now inevitable. It's annoying when you can't find or afford a game, but personally I prefer that to having them just be junked.

Landfill? Where on earth did you come up with that? In my experience, I bought a ton of games during 2007-2011 because there were SO MANY (mostly on Craigslist) at great prices. No one was throwing games away after buying them cheap. We were getting them cheap, restoring them ourselves and adding them to our collection...or then selling/trading them, putting them back into the world better than we found them. There are only a finite amount of these machines out there....so the "inventory" of games have dried up. BTW a few years ago, Time Machine was a hard sell at $600

#4084 7 years ago

Well, maybe i'm part of the problem then, I only buy games that I want and intend to keep forever. so I typically have to pay more for games that are in fair-to-good condition because I cannot do full-blown cabinet restorations at my home, for lack of a proper "shop" area... The morons that build houses in Vegas design 2-car garages under the assumption that every family only owns ONE car, or perhaps just 2 motorcycles!

I do have a Hurricane that I bought with my wife in mind, and she did love it, but she's now history. While it is a fun game, and women and kids seem to really love it, its not on my "forever" wish list, so I'll likely be letting it go soon, or looking to trade it... But the rest of my games are mine forever.

#4085 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Landfill? Where on earth did you come up with that? In my experience, I bought a ton of games during 2007-2011 because there were SO MANY (mostly on Craigslist) at great prices. No one was throwing games away after buying them cheap. We were getting them cheap, restoring them ourselves and adding them to our collection...or then selling/trading them, putting them back into the world better than we found them. There are only a finite amount of these machines out there....so the "inventory" of games have dried up. BTW a few years ago, Time Machine was a hard sell at $600

From general observation and talking to others. Tons went to landfills, you can ask most anyone about that especially people that vended the games. More still rotted away in barns, leaky storage rooms, etc. Stuff that is worth nothing tends to get stored in a fitting manner. The same thing happened to arcade machines. I'm sure Time Machine was less than $600 back in the day, but I also could have bought a Hemi Cuda dirt cheap when I was a kid as well. Prices chance, I don't cry about it. All this new interest in games means I can go many places now and play said games in nicely restored condition. That was all but impossible not all that long ago. It's far more important to me that I can actually play the games even if that means I can't afford many of them, to me that's a win but your mileage may vary.

#4086 7 years ago

From general observation and talking to others. Tons went to landfills, you can ask most anyone about that

Truth.

fa_953_pinballban3_970_(resized).jpgfa_953_pinballban3_970_(resized).jpg

#4087 7 years ago

From general observation and talking to others. Tons went to landfills, you can ask most anyone about that especially people that vended the games. More still rotted away in barns, leaky storage rooms, etc. Stuff that is worth nothing tends to get stored in a fitting manner. The same thing happened to arcade machines. I'm sure Time Machine was less than $600 back in the day, but I also could have bought a Hemi Cuda dirt cheap when I was a kid as well. Prices chance, I don't cry about it. All this new interest in games means I can go many places now and play said games in nicely restored condition. That was all but impossible not all that long ago. It's far more important to me that I can actually play the games even if that means I can't afford many of them, to me that's a win but your mileage may vary.

Maybe old EMs and some early 80's games went to landfills, but by the time the late 80's/90's rolled around, I think that was a pretty rare occurrence.

I'm talking about just a few years ago - games were plentiful and "cheap". It was that inventory drying up that has lead to the higher prices and more competition with resellers that we have today.

#4088 7 years ago

More than just a few years ago. More like late 90's-very early 2000's, when arcades were drying up like a dog turd on an Arizona driveway and the ones that were still around, all made the switch to redemption/gambling games. So many ops made so much money on certain games that they really didn't care what happened to them once the bill to fix them and keep them outweighed the quarter drop. Similar thing can be seen today with the way TNT drops their machines off the roof of their buildings. When it just ain't worth it, they destroyed it. The used/home market was in it's infancy then.

I bought my TZ for $3500 almost 5 years ago and remember thinking what a bargain I got compared to what I saw here on Pinside, and it was true.

#4089 7 years ago

None of this is what I meant. Even when there are reasonable deals out there, some reseller has already claimed it by the time I can contact the seller. They typically list it again at a much higher price later the same day. It's disgusting.

#4090 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You know, Motordome is not a bad game! Fully working early Bally , pretty solid games. Maybe he would do $700 in person?
Go play a bunch at Pinball Hall of fame. Be surprised what you might like. Good to have about ten titles in your head you want during your search. With that knowledge base, when a pin comes up on your list, you know to move fast on your budget.
Good Luck in search.

I think the last part is good advice. Have your money ready, keep looking, and be ready to pounce. You can get there but it might take a while. Be patient, and keep reading here in the meantime to get smarter. Being able to go to the PHOF is a huge advantage because you can try all sorts of stuff to see what you like.

I am only one year in and I have 3 machines and the total investment for all 3 is about what your budget is. Sure 2 of those are EMs but I was able to get a really nice SS also (Strikes and Spares), I just kept a lookout and when it turned up I went for it. And I can say for sure that if I had more space and an inclination to spend some more $$$ I could easily have 3 or 4 more right now, and these are machines that I know I would like to have that showed up for sale at reasonable prices and locally.

The bitter pill is location. They are so expensive to ship that it's best to get one as local as possible. I really want a EATPM, and they don't come around too often. A pretty nice one was put up here for a good price, but it was in PA. That was painful, I would have bought it in a minute if it were local here.

You also have to take into context the machine. The more popular the model, the tougher it is. So you just played a Fathom and did some research on it and thought it is pretty cool and would be great to have? Hah, join the club. The first one I have seen here in a while just popped up, and it sold in the thread in 5 minutes! But there are still lots of cool machines I think that won't be so high on the hot list.

#4091 7 years ago

Thank you for the advice, and the PM's! It's gonna be a tough job, but I plan to make another trip to the PHOF, and hopefully play the machines that have been offered to see if I like them, as well as some of the other attainable titles. The wife is getting a kick out of me "having" to stop there and play pinball.. I'll definitely try the Flipperspiel Underground Arcade Club too. We'd looked at the website, but thought we might be out of the age group for that one.

Thanks again for the help!

#4092 7 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

None of this is what I meant. Even when there are reasonable deals out there, some reseller has already claimed it by the time I can contact the seller. They typically list it again at a much higher price later the same day. It's disgusting.

Yup - sucks but with the low inventory, they're like vultures. Well, they always were - but when a ton of games came up on Craigslist at the same time in the past, you at least has a chance ...they couldn't be everywhere at once !

#4093 7 years ago

Still Looking, Bay Area:

1. Jungle Queen
2. Jungle Princess
3. Abra Ca Dabra
4. Centigrade 37

#4094 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-head:

TI'll definitely try the Flipperspiel Underground Arcade Club too. We'd looked at the website, but thought we might be out of the age group for that one.

There is no "age group" at Flipperspiel, if you love pinball and are friendly people, you will very welcomed there.

#4095 7 years ago

I'm looking for...

DINER (1990)
Mousin Around (1990)
Speakeasy (1982)

Thanks!
Kerry

#4096 7 years ago

Yo Kerry, I am still holding that Speakeasy for you. I just need something to replace it with first!

#4097 7 years ago
Quoted from pin-head:

I just wanted to drop in and say "hi", and see if anyone has a pin or two that would get me started. This seems to be the most "local" to Las Vegas, and from my research on here, it seems like the best way to get started is to buy from a friendly pinsider, as opposed to taking the craigslist gamble, even though I search it multiple times every day.
First a little background...I grew up in the 70's, loved pinball, played it whenever I could. But, this was infrequent, and I would only play games that gave me 5 balls, so other than playing, I don't have any "favorites", and would prefer the reliability of SS (I think!) over games of my "era". I've always wanted my own game, and never had a place to put one, until my recent move. Now, I have room for two machines. I've been to the PHOF several times, and really enjoy the modern games, but, unfortunately, the budget probably isn't going to allow me to scratch that itch. And I know I'm not gonna get a MM or TZ either...
So, I'm looking for a decent SS game or two, but I'd like to keep the cost to somewhere between 1500-2000 per game, obviously the lower the better. I've seen some beautiful games f/s in here (like the most recent IM and right above Time Machine), but they are above my threshold. Am I being unrealistic in my budget, for a reliable, working, attractive game? I found this craigslist ad locally, price seems decent, but my knowledge level is such that I could easily buy a pig in a poke, and not even know it. lasvegas.craigslist.org link
I'll keep reading and learning, and if someone has something they'd like to sell, that fits into my admittedly slim budget, please send me a PM. I know I'm new here and all, but I'm definitely not a flipper, but I would like to have a couple of 'em to play with in the evening... Thanks in advance!

I have one for sale within your budget. Pics of shooter lane available by request. Recently waxed. HOU.

419XR7OgrZL_(resized).jpg419XR7OgrZL_(resized).jpg

#4098 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have one for sale within your budget. Pics of shooter lane available by request. Recently waxed. HOU.

$5.00

#4099 7 years ago

$5.01

#4100 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I've met people who would insist this is an 8k machine.

There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.