(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,346 posts
  • 491 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by CCPL
  • Topic is favorited by 307 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8346 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 167.
#3951 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not mine, but here's one.
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Looking at a price tag less or equal to $1k. Willing to pay a bit over book value if it is in nice condition. However, needs to be driving distance from the Bay Area. Decided, not willing to ship.

#3952 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Still looking for a Doctor Who.

Might be hard to fine as most people have converted Dr who machines into something useful , like firewood because Dr Who is a crap game

#3953 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Might be hard to fine as most people have converted Dr who machines into something useful , like firewood because Dr Who is a crap game

Just like Centaur?

You're on a roll champ!

rd

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Man i forget what this thread was like before such positive folks such as yourself started shitting on it...

#3955 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Hahaha best joke ever! Firewoood, lol! Funniest guy on Pinside over here. Did everyone see that? The Dr Whos got turned into firewood because it would be more useful, because it's a crap game! Get it? Haha so funny.

#3956 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Isn't there an Arizona for sale thread you can go piss all over?

#3957 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

AR is Arkansas not Arizona. Makes it even more head scratching why he's in a Cali FS thread. If he was from AZ I could understand it.

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

AR is Arkansas not Arizona. Makes it even more head scratching why he's in a Cali FS thread. If he was from AZ I could understand it.

Woah! You're right! I guess I only glanced at the abbreviation and assumed it was AZ because why would someone from Arkansas waste their time in here.

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

You sound like a Dalek.

#3960 3 years ago

Cmon Man, be Practical.
Us AZ guys are way cooler

#3962 3 years ago

Got a great NBA Fastbreak from AZ. You guys get my vote for being cool and honest.

#3964 3 years ago

I'm looking for a Hokus pokus in great condition. I'm in Menifee. John

#3965 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Cmon Man, be Practical.
Us AZ guys are way cooler

My apologies to your great state!

#3966 3 years ago

My apologies to your great state!

I don't know about great , but thanks .

#3967 3 years ago

Buyer backed out so my Diner is available again, ad is here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35564

Lots of pictures here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/diner.html

$2900 for that one, led'd, great restored condition. Also have my AC/DC Pro for $6500 heavily modded with:

- Red illuminated Helen topper
- Helen translite, also have original pro translite
- Flipper Fidelity led backglass mod, it's shown on this link, the interactive flashers version with the remote control:
http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-acdc-helen-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-available-in-two-versions.html
- Lit speakers with remote control to control how the lights work.
- Girls on each speaker grill
- Color DMD
- Fully led'd
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit for both speakers in the head and the large woofer in the cabinet
- Helen table decal over Angus's face, along with the Helen apron stickers and cards
- Shaker motor

AC/DC still has the manual stapled to the inside of the cabinet. I also have the original dmd that I'd include, although be aware it has a dead pixel on it, but the color dmd looks way better anyways. Both games for local pickup only in the Los Angeles area.

20160423_220714_(resized).jpg

#3969 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Buyer backed out so my Diner is available again, ad is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35564
Lots of pictures here:
http://moonbeamarcade.com/diner.html
$2900 for that one, led'd, great restored condition.

Im sorry to hear that, its my fault you know... The good lord wants ME to have that machine, but the timing for me is terrible.
However, if you need to make space, i'm willing to offer a spot at my place to store it for you until my "pinball fund" cash position improves!

#3970 3 years ago
Quoted from Spock:

Anyone have a Jungle Queen (or) Jungle Princess for sale? Or have one and reading this and now want to sell it to me

Saw this on ebay. Not sure if someone already posted it;
ebay.com link » Jungle Queen Pinball Machine Gottlieb 1977

#3971 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Im sorry to hear that, its my fault you know... The good lord wants ME to have that machine, but the timing for me is terrible.
However, if you need to make space, i'm willing to offer a spot at my place to store it for you until my "pinball fund" cash position improves!

So that's what happened lol. Well ironically after making my post, there was an article posted on a major website that praised my model house as being the best in the business, and the pinball/arcade machines were mentioned which I thought was very cool. So it's making me want to setup a 3rd game room in there somehow for the dolls, I have to rethink the layout a bit. Hence I'm not in a big hurry to sell either game really. I'll probably kill the ad here after two weeks but if you still want the game in the future just message me, I may still have it.

FYI, I am also interested in trades for girl friendly arcade games. I just bought a Frogger to put there after many requests for that, but would also be interested in trading for fully restored arcade games like QBert and Food Fight for example. As far as trades for pins go, if someone local has a restored condition Mideval Madness I would consider trading both games for that.

#3972 3 years ago

Ac/DC before Who Dunnit? Interesting choice you made. Best of luck with sale of both games ?

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Ac/DC before Who Dunnit? Interesting choice you made. Best of luck with sale of both games ?

The Getaway was the most popular game there until I added Who Dunnit to the lineup, now that's the most popular game. One girl just tweeted me a pic late last night when she beat one of my top scores on it lol. They love that the game has "a story line" for example, the elevator in the middle and that it's not a difficult game. One girl found the "midnight madness" feature totally by accident and loved it as well, and texted me about it when she found it. For the most part they are totally amateur players so they need games that are approachable, easy to understand, good amount of toys and not too difficult. AC/DC is a really tough game and it's also very fast, so it's a bit much for them. I have the pro model which is even faster and tougher than the premium, and while I love it I have to keep the girls in mind. But that's also why I'm not in any hurry to swap it out because, well, I love it and don't want to get rid of it lol. Who Dunnit is actually one of my favorite tables as well though, I doubt I'll ever sell that one. My thought now is to setup a third gaming area in the garage and put all the *really* tough games in there, so stuff like Defender, AC/DC Pro, etc would be in there.

#3974 3 years ago

You poor guy all those texts from models. Thanks for reminding me that my interest and playing ability are that of a model, but I am quite handsome so I guess it fits. All joking of coarse. Expand that game room you can never have enough. Just wanted to express my wanting, yet again. I think I'm going to get a restored one from back east, just hate taking the shipping gamble. Thanks for your reply.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Saw this on ebay. Not sure if someone already posted it;
ebay.com link » Jungle Queen Pinball Machine Gottlieb 1977

Saw that one as well, Sounds like it is in pretty bad mechanical shape.

#3976 3 years ago

Anyone know of a TZ in good shape for a reasonable price in so cal? I've responded to a few ads but have received no responses.

#3977 3 years ago

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder: we like to keep the club threads a happy trolling free place if possible.

We certainly do not intend to moderate negativity but sometimes there is a fine line between not liking a game and being somewhat trolling in how you present said dislike. If you don't like something, consider saying why and not just calling a game a bunch of names and demeaning people who do like it: "I don't like Dr. Who because the triple level play field toy is a SOB to fix" or "DW earned horribly in the arcade in the 90's so I still don't like it", that is at least identifying why you don't like something.

Anyway, I'm just popping in. Let me know if anyone needs anything.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder: we like to keep the club threads a happy trolling free place if possible.
We certainly do not intend to moderate negativity but sometimes there is a fine line between not liking a game and being somewhat trolling in how you present said dislike. If you don't like something, consider saying why and not just calling a game a bunch of names and demeaning people who do like it: "I don't like Dr. Who because the triple level play field toy is a SOB to fix" or "DW earned horribly in the arcade in the 90's so I still don't like it", that is at least identifying why you don't like something.
Anyway, I'm just popping in. Let me know if anyone needs anything.

agreed !

#3979 3 years ago

Going on vacation next Wednesday
Anyone that pick up the Centaur by then can have it for $3200

No shipping, pick up & pay cash!

And NO , you can not use it for burn wood Arkansas dude.

#3980 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Going on vacation next Wednesday
Anyone that pick up the Centaur by then can have it for $3200
No shipping, pick up & pay cash!
And NO , you can not use it for burn wood Arkansas dude.

Maybe he just wanted to destroooooooooooy...cen...taur.

#3981 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone know of a TZ in good shape for a reasonable price in so cal? I've responded to a few ads but have received no responses.

Check EBay. Some one in SoCal had one listed right now that is HUO.

#3982 3 years ago

For the most part they are totally amateur players so they need games that are approachable, easy to understand, good amount of toys and not too difficult.

I'm tellin ya... Hurricane!! And i've got a nice one for trade toward Diner!

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I'm tellin ya... Hurricane!! And i've got a nice one for trade toward Diner!

Your T2 looks more interesting

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Check EBay. Some one in SoCal had one listed right now that is HUO.

Hmmm. I'll keep an eye on this. It's an estate sale. Would prefer to be able to check it out before buying. Thanks.

#3985 3 years ago

For the most part they are totally amateur players so they need games that are approachable, easy to understand, good amount of toys and not too difficult.

I think Funhouse should be near the top of your list, then. Unless, they're tired of creepy guys watching them…

Seriously, though, it is a blast to play for people new to pinball and all his little comments and sayings are pretty funny. I think they'd get a kick out of it. The snoring, the taunting, the accent, it's all good! Plus, it's a very short ruleset and the game can be completed on one ball, for the most skilled players.

Which kind of brings to mind Taxi, as another great game for beginners. Fun theme, great sounds, great ramp action, short ruleset, easy to understand.

Of course, those same things can be said about most of the System 11 games. A great generation, indeed!

#3986 3 years ago

I'm looking for an Indianapolis 500. Anyone have any leads?

#3987 3 years ago

Putting my nicely modded HUO KISS Premium back on the market. Asking $6100. Will try to get a market ad up with pictures soon. If you have any questions or interest just PM me for further details.

#3988 3 years ago

Reality_studios, you want to get a WCS94 for the ladies. It's fun, it's colorful, everyone that comes over loves it. The goal is super satisfying to hit, amateurs love it. Even if you don't know what you're doing, like my four year old, every three games you hit multiball by accident, spinning ball. It's a crowd pleaser.

#3989 3 years ago

Wanted: Pinball Skates

Hi all, somehow the older I get, the heavier a game gets. Anyone have a set of pinball skates for sale just gathering dust? Pls PM me with price, condition and location - I am in the east bay (Hayward).

Thanks!

ron

pinball_skates_(resized).jpg

#3990 3 years ago
Quoted from Golferron54:

Wanted: Pinball Skates
Hi all, somehow the older I get, the heavier a game gets. Anyone have a set of pinball skates for sale just gathering dust? Pls PM me with price, condition and location - I am in the east bay (Hayward).
Thanks!
ron

Never bought from this company, but seems others have.
https://www.jabetc.com/products/pinball-skates-dolly?variant=12709322

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think Funhouse should be near the top of your list, then.
Which kind of brings to mind Taxi

Reality_studios, you want to get a WCS94 for the ladies.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably stick to the dmd era going forwards as that screen does seem to add appeal to them. The newer games also have some little things to make play more enjoyable, like on Who Dunnit if you aren't doing well it's more likely to award you multi ball on your 3rd ball, and the newer games all have generous ball saves which I'm finding out is key to reduce gamer frustration. I have played WCS94 and that game is great fun, just wasn't sure about the sports theme since precious few of them care about sports, let alone soccer. It's really hard to predict what they will like. For example they didn't seem to care for Diner which is kind of an easier Taxi with more toys on it, I thought for sure they would like it. But then again they seem to be ok with Riverboat Gambler which is a tougher and more spartan looking game. Why? Who knows. Like my restorer dude had told me, you just have to try games and see what works which is what I've been doing. I want to put a brand new Stern game in there and see how that plays so I'll eventually add Ghostbusters Premium, maybe put a center post on it to make it a bit easier. Even though it's an old theme it seems like most everyone knows what Ghostbusters is, so it's worth a shot.

On another note, Diner has a pending sale on it again from a new buyer.

#3992 3 years ago

I have played WCS94 and that game is great fun, just wasn't sure about the sports theme since precious few of them care about sports, let alone soccer.

FWIW none of my friends are into soccer and they all love it. My wife has practically begged me not to sell mine.

#3993 3 years ago

FWIW none of my friends are into soccer and they all love it. My wife has practically begged me not to sell mine.

I would take it off your hands if you decide to part with it.
It would be going into a good home.

Thanks Quadrat

#3994 3 years ago

Your T2 looks more interesting

Hehe... My T2 is HUO, I have had it for over 22 years, and its one of my top-3 all-time faves, I will never part with it!

#3995 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll probably stick to the dmd era going forwards as that screen does seem to add appeal to them.

Hmm….let me think…...Gilligan's Island? VERY underrated game. Easy, fun shots, BIG points rewards, simple ruleset. It's seriously about the closest thing to a System 11 with a DMD. While it does have some callouts from the TV show, they are not jokes or references that you'd have to watch the show to understand. In fact, they're pretty much all game related anyway.

Oh, and they're usually the cheapest DMD-game money can buy, which is nice.

#3996 3 years ago

Link to my KISS Premium FS ad for detailed description & pics. If you know of anyone looking for one please send them my way.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015-2021#post-3200470

#3998 3 years ago

I use my Pinwrench all the time!

#3999 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I use my Pinwrench all the time!

Have others ever mentioned they are concerned about how often you use it?

Does it keep you away from other responsibilities?

Have you ever missed work as a result of using your pinwrench?

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Have others ever mentioned they are concerned about how often you use it?
Does it keep you away from other responsibilities?
Have you ever missed work as a result of using your pinwrench?

I've heard pinwrench may cause erectile dysfunction, heartburn, and upset stomach

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 79.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 11,500.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 8346 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 167.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside