(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,624 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8624 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 173.
#3751 3 years ago

Ugh, kinda hate to do this again, but could use some cash....

Trade feeler: RFM for ??? + cash

Mods Include:
Ultimarc Video Amplifier
LED'd - GI and Flashers
Purple Scoop LED
Scoop Cliffy
JJP Glitter Transparent Red Flipper Bats
Hand Painted Martians
Transparent Rubbers and colored Cliffy posts

Monitor is bright and colorful.

Pics don't do justice for the monitor
Cab is in excellent condition, playfield has some minor (better than typical) insert wear.
Glass is in excellent condition (no noticeable scratches)
Some quick cell pics: I have a set of repro plastics that can go with.

20160527_204426_(resized).jpg
20160527_203901_(resized).jpg
20160527_203937_(resized).jpg

#3752 3 years ago

I have a friend interested in getting a Jacks Open.

PM me if you know of one for sale. Thanks.

#3753 3 years ago

Was just going to post this. Seems we have the same friend!

#3754 3 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Was just going to post this. Seems we have the same friend!

Yep. You know her too.

#3755 3 years ago

Still looking for a decent priced Demoman, Congo, Getaway or Johnny. Thanks

#3756 3 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

I got that DH from a guy in Brentwood for $1700 in July 2012. After 1-1/2 years I sold it to a guy in San Mateo for $2100 (December 2013, just in time for Christmas). At that point, it had an improved sub (Pyramid brand, I think), Treasure Cove backboard decal, new buildings, Mike Chestnut chromed gun handle, laser sight, new plastics... it was very nice. It had no LEDs (well, maybe it had two or three strategically-placed ones), no mirror blades, no cop car mod. It's great to see folks taking good care of iconic games like this one (instead of just letting them deteriorate).

Wow, that's crazy that Mike Chestnut chromed the gun! I just read he passed away and looked at all the awesome restores he did.

I'm thrilled to know the history of this Dirty Harry pin. This pinball shouldn't be for sale, my offer threshold just went up. I sent a paint pen and the lower left bumper "Feel lucky punk?" plastic to get signed by Clint Eastwood but ended up with a signed stock photo.

#3757 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Looking to trade my straight out of the box, minty as hell Ghost Busters (around 50 plays). Slimer works perfectly. Not looking to sell just yet. Looking for an Addams Family or Attack from Mars. Need something within driving distance.
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Bump!

#3758 3 years ago

Does your GB have the old designed Slimer mech that needs constant adjustments, or did you get the new design? If it's the old one, reports are Stern isn't willing to replace it with the new improved one.

#3759 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Does your GB have the old designed Slimer mech that needs constant adjustments, or did you get the new design? If it's the old one, reports are Stern isn't willing to replace it with the new improved one.

I see you got downvoted for this, it's a good question as people buying a GB Pro will want to be informed and know about the old design slimmer mechanism that doesn't work right and Stern had to redesign after only 3 weeks in production , why fault someone for bringing that to the attention of a potential buyer

#3760 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I see you got downvoted for this, it's a good question as people buying a GB Pro will want to be informed and know about the old design slimmer mechanism that doesn't work right and Stern had to redesign after only 3 weeks in production , why fault someone for bringing that to the attention of a potential buyer

Please take that to the one of many GB or Stern threads. Why bring it up on someones FS post?

Bellman good luck with your trade.

#3762 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Please take that to the one of many GB or Stern threads. Why bring it up on someones FS post?
Bellman good luck with your trade.

Its a perfecty relevant question.

#3763 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Mine is the original and it works perfectly!

#3764 3 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Had a deal fall through WWF RR available again, trade for other dmd or $2500 or best offer.

If I had room, I'd be trying to work out a deal...but I have no room and actually need to get rid of one.

Nice looking WWFRR.

Robert

#3765 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Still looking for a decent priced Demoman, Congo, Getaway or Johnny. Thanks

Memorial Day bump!

#3766 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

It's a good question for a potential buyer, but based on the amount of posts KPG has made in the GB thread, I'd be willing to bet he's not asking because he wants to buy.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It's a good question for a potential buyer, but based on the amount of posts KPG has made in the GB thread, I'd be willing to bet he's not asking because he wants to buy.

Yeah I'm already a GB buyer, but I was interested in if he had the old designed Slimer mechanism as it wasn't mentioned in the ad, and really should be. If you take that in a negative way, by all means, let me know why that is.

#3768 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yeah I'm already a GB buyer, but I was interested in if he had the old designed Slimer mechanism as it wasn't mentioned in the ad, and really should be. If you take that in a negative way, by all means, let me know why that is.

Because you have no skin in the game. When you see someone selling a CFTBL that you have no interest in, do you feel you need to be the good samaritan and ask about whether it has a purple hot dog or a blue hologram to warn potential buyers? If someone is interested in buying a game, the questions and disclosure of issues should be between the seller and those interested, not some outside party who implies the seller is trying to be sneaky by not disclosing something that is not an issue on 100% of the games.

#3769 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Because you have no skin in the game. When you see someone selling a CFTBL that you have no interest in, do you feel you need to be the good samaritan and ask about whether it has a purple hot dog or a blue hologram to warn potential buyers? If someone is interested in buying a game, the questions and disclosure of issues should be between the seller and those interested, not some outside party who implies the seller is trying to be sneaky by not disclosing something that is not an issue on 100% of the games.

Sorry man, but it was a perfectly fine question to ask. Not sure why you feel motivated to call me out on it. As another guy above said, it was a perfectly relevant question seeing as how GB is the new pin on the block, and three weeks into production they made a pretty big design change. CFTBL isn't new, isn't in production, and isn't trying to be traded after only a week of ownership and a few weeks after release.

#3770 3 years ago

Selling my WOZ ECLE with 5v boards which have all been replaced, $8K

I'm currently in my vacation home in San Diego for the next 3 months where this pin is located so please pm me if interested thnx u

#3772 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sorry man, but it was a perfectly fine question to ask. Not sure why you feel motivated to call me out on it. As another guy above said, it was a perfectly relevant question seeing as how GB is the new pin on the block, and three weeks into production they made a pretty big design change. CFTBL isn't new, isn't in production, and isn't trying to be traded after only a week of ownership and a few weeks after release.

A perfectly fine question to ask from a potential buyer. You asking the question implied the seller was trying to sneak something by someone.

#3773 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The slimmer mechanism that was put into first production games is known to be bad after many games , then has to adjust , then readjust , he says it's fine but his listing says only 50 plays which may not be enough to indicate a problem that most everyone is having which is why stern did change the design , it's a great question to ask in case people haven't researched , why not inform potential buyers and side with the seller for not being totally honest in the listing and mentioning that pretty big flaw ?.?

#3774 3 years ago

I clearly agree with sparky here. Mr bellman is reputable pinhead in our community bump for a sell for a honest pinhead.

#3775 3 years ago

Non-Pinsider friend is selling his High Speed 2: slo.craigslist.org link
Worked on it a couple years ago. Fun machine!

#3776 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

... not being totally honest in the listing and mentioning that pretty big flaw ?.?

That's where I have the problem: implying that the seller is not being honest. KPG implied that in a subtle way.

#3777 3 years ago

Thinking of selling my Diner to make room for another game. It's in great condition, fully led'd, $2900. It's located in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles area), pictures of it can be seen here:

http://moonbeamarcade.com/diner.html

...and video of it can be seen here:

I've since changed the purple led's on the lower playfield, and the clock going backwards issue was fixed.

#3778 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Thinking of selling my Diner to make room for another game. It's in great condition, fully led'd, $2900. It's located in Woodland Hills (Los Angeles area), pictures of it can be seen here:
http://moonbeamarcade.com/diner.html
...and video of it can be seen here:
ยป YouTube video
I've since changed the purple led's on the lower playfield, and the clock going backwards issue was fixed.

That is a beautiful machine

#3779 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That's where I have the problem: implying that the seller is not being honest. KPG implied that in a subtle way.

I don't agree at all I think he was more looking to have the answer available for a potential buyer in case they weren't aware , me thinks you are the one implying things in a subtle way . Who cares any way the seller confirmed its the older mechanism and was honest so move on its fine

#3780 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

I don't agree at all I think he was more looking to have the answer available for a potential buyer in case they weren't aware

You seem to speak for (and agree..) with KPG an awful lot ... Coincidence? Hmmmm

#3781 3 years ago

Time to move on, perhaps...

Nice looking Diner!

#3782 3 years ago

The real question is why isn't Stern just replacing the bad ones? They did it for things like the Metallica magnet board. Rob, call your distributor, and see what they can work out with Stern. They should make it right, you have a new game, you shouldn't have any issues selling it, Stern needs to fix it if there's an issue.

Help the guy out instead of creating drama folks. Anyone know if there's a service bulletin or anything from Stern? Is this just hearsay or is it documented somewhere?

#3783 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The real question is why isn't Stern just replacing the bad ones? They did it for things like the Metallica magnet board. Rob, call your distributor, and see what they can work out with Stern. They should make it right, you have a new game, you shouldn't have any issues selling it, Stern needs to fix it if there's an issue.
Help the guy out instead of creating drama folks. Anyone know if there's a service bulletin or anything from Stern? Is this just hearsay or is it documented somewhere?

I agree with this. But, everything has been disclosed now. If I wasn't in on an LE I would buy the pro and while negotiating get the distributors name whom he got it from and work on it myself if the issue popped up.

Rob is a well known stand up guy in the community. If I was looking to buy a GB pro I should do my own homework on issues that might be out there. As it's a none issue on the machine at this time it should not need to be brought up.

I don't sell games saying, "my game is completely working but watch out for a none issue on my machine that pops up on some of the others." It's working, so its a moot point. Unless, you are going to buy it. Then ask the seller yourself for you own personal knowledge.

#3784 3 years ago

Ok. Not sure how we arrived at this, but let me be clear... Me wanting to "trade" my Ghost Busters has nothing to do with my PERFECTLY working game! My issue is with Stern the company, not GB the game.

I posted in the GB issues thread that my metal guide was starting to show signs of bending a bit by the GHOST target, but that's it! When I received my game, the first thing I did was move the Slimer switch wire to the middle and zip tie it as others have done. It plays perfectly and Slimer hits register as they should. At this time all the emails I have received about my game have been asking for a selling price and not if my game has any issues. LOL!

There is nothing for me to contact Stern about on this game. Don't believe me, come and play my game and see for yourself. Also, it is so rare that someone would want to move a game after purchasing it? I think not...

And once again, this game is for trade, not for sale.

Have a great day!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#3785 3 years ago

I sold rob one of my pins in the past. He's a standup good guy.

#3786 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Thinking of selling my Diner to make room for another game.

That Diner is super nice! I would like one some day, yours is too nice for me though. GLWTS

#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Ok. Not sure how we arrived at this, but let me be clear... Me wanting to "trade" my Ghost Busters has nothing to do with my PERFECTLY working game! My issue is with Stern the company, not GB the game.
I posted in the GB issues thread that my metal guide was starting to show signs of bending a bit by the GHOST target, but that's it! When I received my game, the first thing I did was move the Slimer switch wire to the middle and zip tie it as others have done. It plays perfectly and Slimer hits register as they should. At this time all the emails I have received about my game have been asking for a selling price and not if my game has any issues. LOL!
There is nothing for me to contact Stern about on this game. Don't believe me, come and play my game and see for yourself. Also, it is so rare that someone would want to move a game after purchasing it? I think not...
And once again, this game is for trade, not for sale.
Have a great day!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

I just played Rob's GB last week. Plays great. All is well.

To anyone considering this trade, Rob is a sucker for Bally pins.....and Williams too.

#3788 3 years ago

GLWS Rob!! Im sure it will be gone quick!

#3789 3 years ago

Strange twist, I mention the Slimer mechanism, and all hell breaks lose as if I am questioning the integrity and ethics of the guy selling the machine. I was simply wondering if he received the new or old mechanism, and sure- it was probably to the benefit of a potential buyer as well. The zip tie fix method seems to only work for a small time before needing to correct the placement again. This is why Stern didn't just install that fix on the line, they redesigned the mechanism from the ground up. How that got twisted as if I was "subtly implying" the guy is a rip off, con, fraud, etc is very strange and just some more Pinside BS. Pretty lame.

Either way, good luck w/ the trade.. I am sure someone will snatch it up because NIB Pro's aren't going to be available for another couple of months anyway.

#3790 3 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

That Diner is super nice! I would like one some day, yours is too nice for me though. GLWTS

Thanks! I'm getting a bunch of requests for pictures of the backbox area. I keep the game at a property in Woodland Hills and I'll be back there this week, so I'll add some pictures then and them post here. That's assuming this is still a for sale thread and not yet another crap on anything Stern thread

I'm being asked why I'm selling it. It's at a property where models from out of town rent rooms, and Diner just isn't popular with them alas. Seems like the girls prefer the dmd era of pins. Likewise I also have a Time Machine at that same location that I may sell for the same reason, they don't seem to like it either.

I strongly suggest just seeing the game in person, you can play it and see if it's what you need. They are very close to the corner of Topanga/Ventura just for reference. Just message me if you want to see them so I can arrange meeting you at the property, then you can also take a look at Time Machine if that interests you as well.

#3791 3 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

GLWS Rob!! Im sure it will be gone quick!

Thanks Mike!

#3792 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I just played Rob's GB last week. Plays great. All is well.
To anyone considering this trade, Rob is a sucker for Bally pins.....and Williams too.

#3793 3 years ago

Lowering my WOZ ECLE w 5v LED boards to $7900 come and pick up in san diego and I'll also give you $100 gift card to ruths chris to take ur significant other to dinner -- have to sale by this weekend though

#3794 3 years ago
Quoted from JEFFPINS12:

Lowering my WOZ ECLE w 5v LED boards to $7900 come and pick up in san diego and I'll also give you $100 gift card to ruths chris to take ur significant other to dinner -- have to sale by this weekend though

Educate me here. What is the reason to note the 5volt boards? Thanks.

#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

something something better than the original boards that shipped with early WOZzes

#3796 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

My experience with my previous WOZ was that the 5v boards had some issues with lockups due to static electricity. The newer 7.5v boards also had issues, but it's not until they started shipped boards with "buffers" on them that the LED issues ceased.

The good thing is that if you have any issues with unbuffered 5v or 7.5v boards, JJP will ship you the buffered boards under warranty. It's not really a big deal, but many do prefer newer WOZ builds so they get buffered LED boards.

Also, a little fun fact, early builds connect the 27" display via VGA cable instead of DVI. The DVI connections run at a true 1080P, 1920x1080, and the ones with VGA run at a lower resolution, around 720P. Not that noticeable, but just thought I'd mention.

I hope I don't stir up any controversy here with that information, I know some are sensitive to this kind of thing

#3797 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I hope I don't stir up any controversy here with that information, I know some are sensitive to this kind of thing

Youre being an Aholehole

#3798 3 years ago

Price lowered on Royal Rumble $2300 only trying to sell to make room for a new pin.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3799 3 years ago

Looking for a Black Rose in the greater LA, Orange County, San Diego, Inland Empire, Riverside area. Or couple hour drive from Anaheim.
Thanks

#3800 3 years ago

Make me offers for Indiana Jones

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 248.85
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 259.99
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 208.87
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Various Other Swag
Shoot Again Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 37.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 8624 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 173.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside