(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,524 posts
  • 498 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Blackzarak
  • Topic is favorited by 312 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8524 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 171.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Absolutely, and i'm very used to being misunderstood, especially online. Plus, all us Vegas folks are quite used to tolerating self-obsessed, whiney, hyper-sensitive, ultra-defensive "So Cal" people

If you have been in the pinball business as long as you say you have, it might have behooved you to get nice examples of the games you now seek when they were more affordable before pinball inflation took hold. Either you can make friends that can get you good deals now or you don't.

#3552 3 years ago

I will discount my WWF Royal Rumble to any pinside member say a couple hundred off.

image_(resized).jpeg

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Absolutely, and i'm very used to being misunderstood, especially online. Plus, all us Vegas folks are quite used to tolerating self-obsessed, whiney, hyper-sensitive, ultra-defensive "So Cal" people.

Well then maybe you should start a "what's for sale in Vegas"thread and stay away from us self-obsessed whiners.

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Absolutely, and i'm very used to being misunderstood, especially online. Plus, all us Vegas folks are quite used to tolerating self-obsessed, whiney, hyper-sensitive, ultra-defensive "So Cal" people.

You might do better to take a look at how you "talk" online. In your response above, I see three insults, one questionable self-description (tolerant) and a blanket generalization of an entire geographic area. My experience of exchanges here on Pinside are 99% kind, helpful and good humored (except when people get triggered by insults). If you feel misunderstood and truly want to be understood, altering your tone/approach would be a good place to start. Nobody is going to respond well to insults, no matter where they are from.

That said, I would also encourage others not to respond to insults with insults. It might feel powerful in the moment but actually brings everyone down in the end.

#3555 3 years ago

+1 for Chris Kuntz ( Pinball Pirate ). I live in Roseville and he drove a damn box truck to my home filled with parts, tools and whatever else he thought it would take to resurrect a gem of a Baby PacMan. Left me a hand written " cheat sheet " for dip switch codes and proceeded to play the first game once repaired. Racked up an insane high score I still can't beat

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you have been in the pinball business as long as you say you have, it might have behooved you to get nice examples of the games you now seek when they were more affordable before pinball inflation took hold. Either you can make friends that can get you good deals now or you don't.

That's excellent advice, but i'm not usually looking for nice examples, my passion is MUCH more about restoring and repairing machines to my personal "perfectionist" standard. What you repeatedly fail to understand about me is, i'm not looking for "affordable", i'm looking for realistic VALUE on distressed/neglected machines. I have all the money I need to buy any machines I want, but I am nobody's "sucker"! At the same time, I decided that I wanted a nicer Whirlwind that I DIDN'T have to work on (because I literally just finished a full-blown PF restore on an Earthshaker), and like yourself, I wanted a Whirlwind to sit next to it... So I bought Kevin G's, his price was within my PERSONAL definition of "reasonable" and I gave him full asking price without batting an eye! I do have many friends in THIS thread that help me out, and I help them out! They are several of the people who are not STALKING my every post trying to manipulate everything I write, into a way to flame me! You probably know most of them personally, and I suspect that it would probably shock you to discover that they don't have anything bad to say about me.

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

What you repeatedly fail to understand about me is, i'm not looking for "affordable", i'm looking for realistic VALUE on distressed/neglected machines. I have all the money I need to buy any machines I want, but I am nobody's "sucker"

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. In your posts you come across as a guy with a much larger ego than billfold. Carry on...

#3558 3 years ago

Lets keep our thread on track boys and girls. Lets focus on helping each other out with our Machines forsale/trade.

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

You might do better to take a look at how you "talk" online. In your response above, I see three insults, one questionable self-description (tolerant) and a blanket generalization of an entire geographic area. My experience of exchanges here on Pinside are 99% kind, helpful and good humored (except when people get triggered by insults). If you feel misunderstood and truly want to be understood, altering your tone/approach would be a good place to start. Nobody is going to respond well to insults, no matter where they are from.
That said, I would also encourage others not to respond to insults with insults. It might feel powerful in the moment but actually brings everyone down in the end.

Also excellent advice, and i'm going to take it... But trust me, the only people who will even respond to that post, ARE the people i'm talking about, and don't think I didn't know I would flush them all out with that post! People like you on the other hand, are the exception and are able to turn the other cheek and say "he aint talkin' about me!" Nowhere in that post does it say words like "all" or "everyone", but the people I was referring too, are sure going to read it that way! Hell, my WIFE is from Glendale!! lol

#3560 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Hell, my WIFE is from Glendale!! lol

Your wife is from hell?

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. In your posts you come across as a guy with a much larger ego than billfold. Carry on...

I accept your apology... Ego? Me? lmao... surely you jest! Man, if you only knew... oh so misunderstood. I'l work on trying to predict the misconceptions of my posts, before I post them, but i'm 49, it might take a minute for such an overhaul.

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Your wife is from hell?

Some days, I think so....

#3563 3 years ago

Glad we got that all resolved, now back to Cali pinball...

#3564 3 years ago

Any GB PROS pop up on location yet that anyone knows? Preferably so cal.

#3565 3 years ago

I saw one posted in LA family amusements

#3566 3 years ago

There's one at 82

#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

Nice. Never been there but think I'm working at a job site near it tomorrow. May check it out if I get the chance.

#3568 3 years ago

Okay enough with the negative back n forth exchanges from here on out. If you must continue do it via PM as no one wants to read that stuff when trying to see what's for sale.

#3569 3 years ago

Hey, I hate to say it but I often take Pinsider's past posts in to consideration when I'm deciding who to help with an issue or sell something to. It helps to know people's "true colors" and I do keep track.

#3570 3 years ago

Hey Art, I agree with you 100%

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

Oh dang, 82 looks to be night hangout eh? Google says it opens at 6pm - No lunch? Probably won't be swinging by then.

#3572 3 years ago

YUP-82 IS A BAR and late night hang out. Sometimes great taco cart and food truck. Great bar, well ,taps, cocktails. One side is classic arcade uprights, other side is Molly's premium pins, some classics, some modern, lots of inbetween. GB,GOT,MM- great mix of old and new. They often change a few from month to month to always mix it up and make it feel fresh.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh dang, 82 looks to be night hangout eh? Google says it opens at 6pm - No lunch?

#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh dang, 82 looks to be night hangout eh? Google says it opens at 6pm - No lunch? Probably won't be swinging by then.

I hate to even advocate them but LA Fam Amusements has one too. GL

#3574 3 years ago

That's what I had stated above and they open early at least you can play it
image_(resized).png

#3575 3 years ago

Anyone interested in swapping HUO Star Trek Pro for HUO Metallica Pro?

#3576 3 years ago

Looking for a HUO one owner POTC.

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Looking for a HUO one owner POTC.

I know a guy in Arizona that has one NIB. I think he wants good money for it though. I can call him if you like.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I hate to even advocate them but LA Fam Amusements has one too. GL

That place is a dump. Whoever owns that place runs his pins into the ground and then tries to sell them on Craigslist for NIB prices.

#3579 3 years ago

I'm having a hard time with the forums, is there a CA thread that isn't afor sale thread? Also, I'm looking at making a first purchase, Dredd or Demolition man? The left side of demolition man is useless right?

#3580 3 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

I'm having a hard time with the forums, is there a CA thread that isn't afor sale thread? Also, I'm looking at making a first purchase, Dredd or Demolition man? The left side of demolition man is useless right?

Dredd all day every day!

#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

there is the Norcal pinhead thread I started, while you aren't exactly in the area, you are welcome to post there.

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Dredd all day every day!

To each their own. I'm partial to Demo Man. Great layout, ramps, flow, trigger handles, etc. *Fastest wide body I've ever played. The left side is not useless. The left side has 2 bash targets, which are both tight shots. I enjoy shooting them.

Dredd has better art, for sure. Demo Man art is uninspired, but Demo Man does have lots of UV reactive (aka black light) paint, which looks awesome when lit up.

*I have yet to play Full Throttle.

#3583 3 years ago
Quoted from ibjames:

Just bring this thread back to life:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-socal-thread

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

To each their own. I'm partial to Demo Man. Great layout, ramps, flow, trigger handles, etc. *Fastest wide body I've ever played. The left side is not useless. The left side has 2 bash targets, which are both tight shots. I enjoy shooting them.
Dredd has better art, for sure. Demo Man art is uninspired, but Demo Man does have lots of UV reactive (aka black light) paint, which looks awesome when lit up.
*I have yet to play Full Throttle.

Well hope you get some playtime on Full Throttle at PAGG. It has the best layout and flow of any widebody IMO. Theme is not for me but the layout is awesome.

#3585 3 years ago

I don't suppose anyone in socal has a decent Jurassic Park for sale...?

#3586 3 years ago

Had a great time at O-din's place today. After seeing his great collection of EM's (and playing a few--most of which kicked my a$$), I can now understand why he is captivated by these old games--they are so cool! I'll never pass by a wood rail or EM at a pinball show again without checking it out. Rock on, bro!

#3587 3 years ago

Heading to ayce gogi in Van Nuys tonight for some cold craft beers and pinball. If anyone is around tonight come say Hi. Instagram @aycegogi

#3588 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Heading to ayce gogi in Van Nuys tonight for some cold craft beers and pinball. If anyone is around tonight come say Hi. Instagram @aycegogi

Great food, beer and pins that play great. What more could you want?

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Had a great time at O-din's place today. After seeing his great collection of EM's (and playing a few--most of which kicked my a$$), I can now understand why he is captivated by these old games--they are so cool! I'll never pass by a wood rail or EM at a pinball show again without checking it out. Rock on, bro!

Thanks Billy! It was a pleasure. Always like seeing the enthusiasm when somebody into pinball gets to try these games that they may have not seen before. I know I never saw any of them before. Hope you had fun and Dirty Harry has gone to a good home. Enjoy it!

#3590 3 years ago

Looking for TWD pro. Ideally from a collection not a routed game. PM me with details.

#3591 3 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Great food, beer and pins that play great. What more could you want?

To be a little closer to me.

#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

There's one at 82

They need to update their website to show that. I have been waiting for them to get GB before I go again. Been checking their list of games every couple of days. Will have to make it out there next week.

#3593 3 years ago

I will probably bring two games to PAGG that will be for sale, Phantom of the Opera and Aladdin's Castle. Not sure on price yet but if someone is interested, please PM me.

#3594 3 years ago

Come to Vegas next week, the arcade at NY-NY has a Ghostbusters, bugs being worked out and mods being added to it right now, but it should be out on the floor probably by Wednesday.

#3595 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Come to Vegas next week, the arcade at NY-NY has a Ghostbusters, bugs being worked out and mods being added to it right now, but it should be out on the floor probably by Wednesday.

Dang. I was there yesterday. No GB for me
Put up two HS and a GC though

#3596 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dang. I was there yesterday. No GB for me
Put up two HS and a GC though

Sorry about that dude, but you're actually not the only frequenter of this thread that was there yesterday, sorry about the bad timing.
Congrats on the high score though, I'll be looking for SKB!

#3597 3 years ago

Still looking for a respectable High Speed. Have a Space Station to trade +/- cash or can buy outright.

#3598 3 years ago

Ah cr@p, it looks like the craigslist spammer is back. My inbox got filled with notices of bogus pinball ads again today.

#3599 3 years ago

RobT is selling his GOT PREM, stock - for $5800! Very low plays, HUO. Located in riverside.

Great deal for anyone local. PM me and I'll give you his #.

Steve

#3600 3 years ago

BIG GUNS going to PAGG, come play it and BUY iT!!! $1600.
PM for details or questions. See you all there Friday!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 1,400.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 208.87
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 60.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 254.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
There are 8524 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside