(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,696 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 174.
#301 5 years ago

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're just the man these days when it comes to hooking up random people with pinball favors!

I love the fact that he is helping people buy/sell EMs!

#303 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Funny shit.
Contemplating, but haven't decided to let go of Metallica and pick up 2 B titles like RBION with either congo or Fish Tales. Any thoughts from the support group?

MET is a great pin, but it was never one that kept me coming back for more. I.e., it didn't have that "just one more game" pull to it for me. I'd play a game or two, and that would be enough. Still like the pin a lot, but I guess it's style of play wasn't what I wanted long term (I had it a year).

Bottom line though, for me, is that if you are going to have a small 2-3 pin lineup, I would rather have 2 pins like Congo, FT, or RBION than just MET.

#304 5 years ago
#305 5 years ago

Still on the hunt for a JP. The two in So. Cal on Ebay are too rich for my blood. Any leads...? Thanks

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Funny shit.
Contemplating, but haven't decided to let go of Metallica and pick up 2 B titles like RBION with either congo or Fish Tales. Any thoughts from the support group?

My Metallica isn't going anywhere! But I know you're kinda feeling over it. I'll say this, RBION is a cool game, and it's not easy. The fact that you have to actually complete the modes, not just start them, to earn letters means it's no gimme.

I've never been a fan of Fish Tales, but it more the music and theme than the game I think. Congo is pretty fun, you might not find it challenging enough though.

#307 5 years ago

Well I really do like Metallica a lot. Just contemplating the decision. As rob stated; with my small lineup, 2 pins can be more beneficial than one Metallica. And STLE isn't going anywhere - love that game.

I've owned RBION before and fish tales got me hooked on pinball back in the 90s. So I know what I'm getting myself into with these 2 pins. I've only played Congo a few times (at rare heroes) and liked what I saw. But None of them are as good as Metallica (overall), but the thought of having an extra pin is enticing. I dunno; I'll probably ride it out through the holidays and see how I feel then. Just looking for support group opinions

Oh and what are the going prices on those 3? I'm thinking:
-huo RBION $3k-$3400?
- good condition FT and Congo ~$2500 or so?

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh and what are the going prices on those 3? I'm thinking:
-huo RBION $3k-$3400?
- good condition FT and Congo ~$2500 or so?

RBION is about right, sometimes lower, FT feels right, Congo should be that, but for some reason people seem to think they can ask more than $3k for it now. I'm sure not buying at that price, maybe someone else is.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My Metallica isn't going anywhere! But I know you're kinda feeling over it. I'll say this, RBION is a cool game, and it's not easy. The fact that you have to actually complete the modes, not just start them, to earn letters means it's no gimme.

I agree 100% about Metallica. I own 10 pins right now, and it's my favorite. It's the only pin I've thought about all day at work and anticipated playing a game or 2 when I get home. It'll be the last one I sell. I played ACDC and MET at the pinball hall of fame in Vegas and with 4 or 5 games each I liked ACDC better. After owning both, Metallica is better hands down. If you can get one Eskaybee, get one. I've never played RBIN or Congo

#310 5 years ago

Not many Congo's out there and some really love it. If your looking for one and can find it at $2500 (good condition) in CA I'd say jump on it. I sold mine which was in great condition about 2 years ago. It sold within a week or so after listing it right around $2500 if my memory serves me right. I really enjoy Congo it's one of the pins I miss the most after letting it go. Not a very deep pin but has a great layout with some very cool features.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from LordCrom:

After having gone out and looked at an overpriced JM and HS here in the SFV. I finally purchased the $2300 T3 in Thousand Oaks that was linked here from Craigslist. It's a great looking HUO condition pin. Very pleased! Now to build up my bank roll in pursuit of my next great pin

Congrads, I was thinking really hard on the T3. I'm glad you got it so I can stop thinking about driving down to get it. I'm getting ready to sell my '71 Bronco (already have a buyer) so will be scouting out my next pin.

#312 5 years ago

Congo is a fun game! I just don't consider it to be worth north of $3k.

#313 5 years ago

Wasn't there a RBION in Torrance for sale on CL for $3100? I thought I saw one there a week or so ago.......

#314 5 years ago

Ok, has anyone used this person who advertises pinball repair? The ad sounds like a really good deal. He says he'll fix any issue plus complete shop out for $300. Also includes pickup and delivery!
losangeles.craigslist.org link

#315 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Ok, has anyone used this person who advertises pinball repair? The ad sounds like a really good deal. He says he'll fix any issue plus complete shop out for $300. Also includes pickup and delivery!

If it's who I think it is, he does really, really good work. He's in the North Hills area.

#316 5 years ago

Do you have your guy's number? This listing has no contact info and I'm not that trusting to just let some stranger show up and drive away with my pin. I need a pinside member to vouch for them first. You can PM me if you don't want to list it on the forum

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

It's gotta be better than whoever keeps running that "I FIXED PINBALL" ad.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Do you have your guy's number? This listing has no contact info and I'm not that trusting to just let some stranger show up and drive away with my pin. I need a pinside member to vouch for them first. You can PM me if you don't want to list it on the forum

Let me call him and make sure it's his ad first. If it's him, I would totally trust him.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

That is my bud in the Valley. PM me and I'll give you his info.

#320 5 years ago

pm sent
Thank you!!!

#321 5 years ago

"I FIXED PINBALL" I love that ad. One of my favorites

#322 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Congo is a fun game! I just don't consider it to be worth north of $3k.

I just paid a lot for a restored CC'd congo. I will have it wednesday to find out if it was worth it

#323 5 years ago

LOTR just popped up on the IE Craigslist for $5k.
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#324 5 years ago

I am looking for late wms/bly chrome and or a powder black set of rails, lockdown, hinges, legs.

#325 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

LOTR just popped up on the IE Craigslist for $5k.
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

"500 more!" for shipping

#326 5 years ago

Not if you are in Southern Calif.... just gas money and time

#327 5 years ago

After reading Aurich's thread about the top 80's era pins, I'm looking for one or two to diversify my collection. Something a bit more simple that I don't get a headache trying to figure out the rules.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Not if you are in Southern Calif.... just gas money and time

obviously your not a golfer. Although you should be because you have clubs.

#329 5 years ago

TWD pro Refinery edition #1 is in the house! Any local pinsiders who want some time on this beauty, PM me and we'll set something up. Solid first impressions for me, but I am easy to please and I haven't had a real machine for a while!

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

After reading Aurich's thread about the top 80's era pins, I'm looking for one or two to diversify my collection. Something a bit more simple that I don't get a headache trying to figure out the rules.

Hey! Don't get too inspired by my thread, I want one too!

#331 5 years ago

You can have your pick first, I'm not greedy. Plus I'm always at work and the deals go quick!
If I remember correctly, you wanted Medusa #1 or Fathom #2?

#332 5 years ago

Did I hear 80's era pin interest? I'm selling a Haunted House.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

You can have your pick first, I'm not greedy. Plus I'm always at work and the deals go quick!
If I remember correctly, you wanted Medusa #1 or Fathom #2?

Heh, thanks!

I'm actually just enjoying the hunt still, I need to get some more time on games. But yeah, Fathom and Medusa are definitely high on my interest list, I'd probably just grab one if an opportunity came along.

Until then I'll just keep an eye out. Still waiting for the right wedgehead to go next to my Abra Ca Dabra too, hoping to find a Centigrade 37, or possibly Jacks Open or Atlantis. Guess I'm in the mood for that era, mid 70s to early 80s.

Meanwhile Metallica still gets a ton of plan, so not looking to just live in the past.

#334 5 years ago

Shrek and HEP CIrqus Voltaire still available.

#335 5 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

TWD pro Refinery edition #1 is in the house! Any local pinsiders who want some time on this beauty, PM me and we'll set something up. Solid first impressions for me, but I am easy to please and I haven't had a real machine for a while!

Grats Jason. I may hit you up on that! The canon pass has been a horrid death trap lately and I've driven through lake arrowhead twice in the last week to get home. Next time I'm stopping by!

#336 5 years ago

Thanks brother! You are more than welcome to stop by. Only problem is that I sold my house in Lake Arrowhead (along with my pinball collection) and moved to Murrieta. So unless that detour around the Cajon pass take you way down here, that may not be the best plan Now, if you come out to see Rob and then mosey on down to Murrieta, that could be a little party!

#337 5 years ago

I was in Murrieta recently, League play was at Belcito's house. He has some nice pins. About an hour and a drive from me though.

#338 5 years ago

if any of you decide to sell the metallica premium Id buy it local. also scared stiff.
cant seem to get elvira local anywhere.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Thanks brother! You are more than welcome to stop by. Only problem is that I sold my house in Lake Arrowhead (along with my pinball collection) and moved to Murrieta. So unless that detour around the Cajon pass take you way down here, that may not be the best plan Now, if you come out to see Rob and then mosey on down to Murrieta, that could be a little party!

Oh dang dude. Didn't even notice lol. Grats on the move then too

#340 5 years ago

Any interest in my DE Star Wars pin + Original SuperChex + cash for your a GnR (in any condition) or AC/DC?

My DE Star Wars is in very good condition. SuperChexx is also in good condition. Will send pics if there is any interest. Thanks!

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

also Scared Stiff.
cant seem to get Elvira local anywhere.

I do keep considering selling mine. I'll be honest though, I still have room for one more pin. I don't think I'm going to until I'm out of space and want something enough to give it up. I really do love owning it, I just don't play it as much lately, been either playing modern Sterns or EMs for a while.

Offer still open to come by and play it sometime though.

I am on the hunt for another pin, but in no real rush, waiting for the right game to come along. Don't want a pin just to get something new, want something I have some emotional attachment to. Maybe if I find that nice Fathom or Medusa or Centaur or something.

#342 5 years ago

thanks aurich! where are you located? im like a block away from 82 barcade

#343 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I think the whole Nor Cal/So Cal buying and selling thing is great. I sold my ACDC Premium to someone in Nor Cal. We met at a Truck Stop off the 5 Fwy/46 Interchange with no problems.
It was about a 2 hour drive for me and 3 for him, but it worked out great.
Wish I could afford something now, but not good timing and the holidays will be FAST!

cleland, I was the guy, and I agree. The fact that So Cal would meet Nor Cal 1/2 way up I-5 made the difference in the sale for me. Played it- finally- for the first time last night, and 3 hrs later I was still in heaven. A great machine, and a great seller. Thanks again!

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

thanks aurich! where are you located? im like a block away from 82 barcade

North Torrance. Easy shot down the 110 to Artesia from you.

#345 5 years ago

Whos gonna get this?

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Whos gonna get this?
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Guy is already asking people for offers, so looks like he saw the demand and wants to turn it into a bidding war.

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Guy is already asking people for offers, so looks like he saw the demand and wants to turn it into a bidding war.

Posting the craigslist ad on pinside definitely provided greater exposure, and may have been the impetus for the seller knowing his pricing mistake. Not sure if posting the ad here was really helpful to pinsiders as much as it was to the seller.

#348 5 years ago

Anyone interested in a Metallica Premium Road Case? It was removed from the box 2 weeks ago and has about 30 plays. it's flawless. Price is 6500.00 and I can delivery locally. If interested please pm me.

#349 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Posting the craigslist ad on pinside definitely provided greater exposure, and may have been the impetus for the seller knowing his pricing mistake. Not sure if posting the ad here was really helpful to pinsiders as much as it was to the seller.

Nah, that response (wasn't to me, I didn't try and get it) was from before being posted here.

#350 5 years ago
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 69.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 5.00
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 174.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside