(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,696 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 174.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some of us really don't care what you would pay.

And I would guess NONE of us care about your insecure, hyper-defensive comments about something that you cant intellectually comprehend, is not about you, has absolutely nothing to do with you, and nobody asked you for! I'm not giving anyone here "shit, including James!! Well, now except you.

#3402 3 years ago

Its so hot today in California.

I like turtles

#3403 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

nobody asked you

But you post your negative opinions here for everybody to see. Why are you so concerned what other people want to list their machines for when you have no intent of even making an offer? That's my point.

#3404 3 years ago

His prices are high no doubt I couldn't afford his machines, but I am not looking for museum pieces. His machines aren't for everyone but some people with money would pay his prices because they are that nice. I am just not one of them.

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I like turtles

I like dolphins

#3406 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But you post your negative opinions here for everybody to see. Why are you so concerned what other people want to list their machines for when you have no intent of even making an offer? That's my point.

Clearly by the other responses, most interpret my comments as FACT, not negative comments. I even used FACTS to backup my comments. Perhaps if you read all my comments, they would make LOGICAL sense to you too... But probably not. $72,000 for 9 old used pins is crazy, regardless of their condition! The very BEST condition they could be in is BRAND NEW, and they collectively COST about half that much when they were BRAND NEW! That's my point, those are FACTS, not negative comments.
PS. I like Duckies

#3407 3 years ago

I'm just wondering why it means so much to you that you have to rant everytime somebody prices something too high for you. If it's too rich for my blood, I just move on.

And I like rattlesnakes.

#3408 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I like rattlesnakes.

I've got a pet rattlesnake named "Bitey"

#3409 3 years ago

Ive always enjoyed checking in on this thread to see what you cali guys were selling/trading. Too bad it took a nosedive at post #3230. I didnt used to see all the price police drama before

#3410 3 years ago

I like pools. Let's all take a swim and talk about how it costs a fortune to buy new as well as old pins these days. After we all dry off we can play some of mine, that I'm still not sure I could afford

image_(resized).jpg

#3411 3 years ago

So are there any reasonable Pins for sale in CA?

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Always. Just sold a freshly shopped and pretty decent TFTC to another Pinsider today for $2400. Let's stay on topic fellas.

#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You might want to check the Captain's auction next Saturday. There are a lot.

#3414 3 years ago

I've got a Count-Down project id let go for $600

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm just wondering why it means so much to you that you have to rant everytime somebody prices something too high for you.

Say what? Everytime? I think you've got me mixed up with someone else pal, this is my first rant, and its DAMN worthy! And its also important to note that i'm not even interested in but ONE of these titles for my collection, and from the minute it was posted, I had NO desire of ever owning THIS one... Referencing another FACT I mentioned earlier, there are over 7400 others out there, i'll find one someday at a fair and reasonable price, and maybe the seller will even return my PM's and phone calls! Truth be told, I really dont WANT a museum worthy pin, i'm a pretty well respected and meticulous Williams pinball tech (since 1989), and part of the fun for me in this hobby is restoring/revitalizing and then PLAYING the games. I'm the same way with my vintage Ferrari... I work on it myself, its in amazing condition for its age, and I actually DRIVE IT quite often!!

Image7_(resized).jpg

I like Ferrari's

#3416 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#3417 3 years ago

Beautiful car.

#3418 3 years ago

^^^ Right... there were over 7400 Whilwind's produced, they sold for $3600 when they were new.... just my opinion... geezus.

Quoted from lb1:

Beautiful car.

Thanks man.

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There was a decent price on a LOTR and a Fireball a few pages back.

#3420 3 years ago

I just put my creature back up for sale or trade if anybody is interested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-or-ft-creature-from-the-black-lagoon

#3421 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

There was a decent price on a LOTR and a Fireball a few pages back.

Yup the Lotr is mine. All the actuall stuff for sale is getting buried with the back and forth bs.....

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

I just put my creature back up for sale or trade if anybody is interested https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-or-ft-creature-from-the-black-lagoon

bring it to pin a go go. it will sell quickly and you can maybe pick up a new game to take its place. besides, you are another local and we need to meet up and play some pinball.

#3423 3 years ago

I will definitely will be at pin a go go again this year. I look forward to meeting more people again this year

#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ah yes, the "Fullerton Flipper" strikes again! I am losing sleep over a Whirlwind I want to buy SO BAD for sale by "KevinG" here on Pinside, I believe "doomid" knows him. I'm literally BEGGING this guy to let me buy his machine that he has LISTED FOR SALE, but he wont return my calls or PM's with his Paypal info so I can send him the money!!! And I just KNOW that while i'm being blown off, the "Fullerton Flipper" is going to swoop-in and pounce on it, and then it'll wind up on CL for double the price and sit rotting in a warehouse forever!

desuperbee, a member here has a dp whirlwind he might be selling at pin a go go. im not sure, but I do recall he was thinking about selling it.

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

desuperbee, a member here has a dp whirlwind he might be selling at pin a go go. im not sure, but I do recall he was thinking about selling it.

That was me. Game won't be finished in time due to cutting back on pin funds (got laid off after 13 years)

#3426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I think you've got me mixed up with someone else pal

#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I've got a Count-Down project id let go for $600

Fun game how much of a project is it?

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Say what? Everytime? I think you've got me mixed up with someone else pal, this is my first rant, and its DAMN worthy! And its also important to note that i'm not even interested in but ONE of these titles for my collection, and from the minute it was posted, I had NO desire of ever owning THIS one... Referencing another FACT I mentioned earlier, there are over 7400 others out there, i'll find one someday at a fair and reasonable price, and maybe the seller will even return my PM's and phone calls! Truth be told, I really dont WANT a museum worthy pin, i'm a pretty well respected and meticulous Williams pinball tech (since 1989), and part of the fun for me in this hobby is restoring/revitalizing and then PLAYING the games. I'm the same way with my vintage Ferrari... I work on it myself, its in amazing condition for its age, and I actually DRIVE IT quite often!!
Image7_(resized).jpg
I like Ferrari's

This is my ride, needs a good polish and wax, maybe some new tires. I love it !

TRIP_129_157-L_(resized).jpg

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That was me. Game won't be finished in time due to cutting back on pin funds (got laid off after 13 years)

ouch. I will keep a good thought for you man. you going to make it to pagg?

#3430 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Oh no! Sorry to hear that dude! Hope you find a new job soon.

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You might want to check the Captain's auction next Saturday. There are a lot.

Can you get a deal with his employees bidding stuff up?... at least that's what I heard happens.

Btw, I've bought from the captain, but it was before he did auctions.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Can you get a deal with his employees bidding stuff up?

Some stuff goes high, but I have found there are deals to be had. They just want it all gone. Find a decent looking machine that isn't quite working right and set your limit ahead of time. With over 100 machines this time, there is only so much bidding money to go around. Those are the auctions I like.

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

dsuperbee... sorry to hear this. Hopefully you'll be gainfully employed again soon. Hope to see you at PAGG next month.

#3434 3 years ago

Wow, so much buzz about some expensive games for sale, and hate coming from some folks in the desert. No need for all that really, these games aren't for everyone and I'm OK with that - really. As they sell that's fine, if not that's fine too - or I can adjust prices as needed.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Nobody is going to bother offering you a realistic $2800 (maybe $3K) for an HUO Whirlwind that you have listed for $5900

You're right, instead someone offered full asking price for the Whirlwind and I sold it this afternoon to a very happy collector.

Quoted from Billy16:

Well, on the plus side no one will be buying these pins to flip...

That is probably correct, and that's the idea. These are for people that are looking for nice games to keep.

Quoted from bellbrand:

Pinblwzd pins are immaculant. They might be priced high but he said there is wiggle room. You won't find nicer pins. He is anal really anal in a good way..
Good luck with your sale James.

Thanks Lisa!

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thank you, a fact that I was not aware of... But still, would I pay an extra 3 grand for a thin factory clearcoat that technically was inferior in long-term protection to a good ol mylar? ummm NOT!

The factory clear coat looks great, no yellowing or insert issues. And once again no problem, these games are clearly not for you.

Quoted from PromoJoe23:

I second that. James' machines are in absolute amazing condition. Great guy to deal with too!!!

Thanks Joe!

#3435 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Sorry to hear about your job dude, your job obviously survived the recession, and they lay you off NOW!?! That's just messed up....
Can you explain what you mean by "won't be finished"?

#3436 3 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Not sure if James is the guy who agreed to a price and day for pickup of a nice Junkyard a few years back, and then changed his mind the night before I was to drive from Phoenix to his place for the deal. You guys know the story, get the truck ready for the drive, get the wife's permission, get the kids activities managed and go get it....ohhh, SORRY I changed my mind (hint hint more $$$).
I compromised my karma that night when you did the weasel on me, if that was you. Too bad, I could have been a buyer of some of your pins, but have made it a rule NO BAD KARMA Pins in Studio G.
If that isn't you James, never mind.... GLWTS.

Nope, wasn't me!

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is my ride, needs a good polish and wax, maybe some new tires. I love it !

TRIP_129_157-L_(resized).jpg

Might just need a fuse...

#3438 3 years ago

I will still be at Pagg, just can't bring the WW. Gilligans is still going. This is a good thing! I will find something better

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sorry to hear about your job dude, your job obviously survived the recession, and they lay you off NOW!?! That's just messed up....
Can you explain what you mean by "won't be finished"?

Still need new ramps, flippers rebuilt and upgraded, pops rebuilt, stuff like that.

#3440 3 years ago

Okay now that I officially have pix of all three games, lets try this one more time.

For sale

Lord of the Rings - sold

Fresh off route LOTR for sale. Game plays fine but needs to be shopped. I will include a set of brand new lollipop rails to hide the flipper button wear. I also have the figures for the playfield. They just need to be put back and re-ziptied. 3800 as is.

Pix can be seen here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44D4E24019E5E9BD!2557&authkey=!APDo3CzOnM7pymk&ithint=folder%2cJPG

Roller Coaster Tycoon - sold

Full Comet Leds, lollipop rails installed (there is flipper button wear under the rails), green lit flipper buttons, full cliffy set installed. Game was completely tore down, cleaned and rerubbered last OCT. Also all coil sleeves where changed, and the pop bumpers were completely rebuilt with all new parts.

Pix can be seen here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44D4E24019E5E9BD!2612&authkey=!AN-zSB6Xhowhjps&ithint=folder%2cJPG

Monopoly - sold

Full Comet Leds, lollipop rails installed (again there is flipper button wear under the rails), red lit flipper buttons, full cliffy set installed. Game was completely tore down, cleaned and rerubbered in DEC. Also a brand new water works motor was installed, all coil sleeves where changed, and the pop bumpers were completely rebuilt with all new parts.

Pix can be seen here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=44D4E24019E5E9BD!2558&authkey=!AIuWJmxPFszvawo&ithint=folder%2cJPG

As of right now I have 1 person interested in buying all three games as a group, a couple who are interested in just LOTR and one who is interested in two as a group. Giving opportunities to buy in the order I receive them. Thanks to all who have pm'd me already. Let me know if any of the links don't work!

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

I like turtles

Me too.

image_(resized).jpeg

#3443 3 years ago

Still looking to trade or sell my huo rfm.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

^^^ Right... there were over 7400 Whilwind's produced, they sold for $3600 when they were new.... just my opinion... geezus.

What they sold for new is irrelevant. That was the 90's. It's now 2016. Most used B/W 90's games sell for more than they did new, because they're long out of production and desired by collectors. Supply/demand.

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

My point was simply, a brand new machine is gorgeous & immaculate too, and $3600.

Yea? Where do we get these $3600 brand new whirlwind machines then?

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea? Where do we get these $3600 brand new whirlwind machines then?

Same place you get brand new 69 Camaro's for 3500, since ya know, that is what they cost NEW!

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Fun game how much of a project is it?

It got torn down for a shop out and never put back together.

No boards included - I can throw in a Pascal 4-1 board for an extra $350

Backglass is nice - you usually see these missing lots of paint.. this one isnt so bad.

#3448 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Me too.

image_(resized).jpeg

woo hoo...just bought a tortoise to join the family this past weekend. He is so cute!

#3449 3 years ago

Any of you folks have a reputable powder coat company to recommend for some pinball rails, hinges and doors? California, Arizona, Nevada, wherever, just needs to be a dust free, high quality control, shop. Willing to pay for craftsmanship level work. Much appreciated, Mike V.

#3450 3 years ago

Contact pinsider Pinchroma.

Also, here's a place in Los Angeles that does great work. Pricey, but great.

http://andrewspowdercoating.com/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 224.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 224.99
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 109.99
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 174.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside