(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 255.
#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Very very nice Williams Road Kings. Cab and playfield both in amazing condition. PF almost looks clearcoated as nice as it is. Asking $1400

Damn! That game looks amazing bro! Either that thing has been restored recently, or its never seen a day on a route!!
At that price, it'll be gone before the end of the day! Do you have a BK2K and/or a Cyclone in the same condition and price range?? lol

#3303 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Damn! That game looks amazing bro! Either that thing has been restored recently, or its never seen a day on a route!!
At that price, it'll be gone before the end of the day! Do you have a BK2K and/or a Cyclone in the same condition and price range?? lol

thank you. Unfortunately sold my BK2K, and regret it...

#3304 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

thank you. Unfortunately sold my BK2K, and regret it...

One mistake I will never make, if I ever find a decent one! People seem to be hoarding the non-thrashed Cyclones lately too! Good luck with the Road Kings sale, but I don't think you're going to need it.

#3305 8 years ago

ST Premium Sold
Now what to do

#3306 8 years ago

GB premium perhaps?

Quoted from golfingdad1:

ST Premium Sold
Now what to do

#3308 8 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

GB premium perhaps?

Very possibly. I really need to see the manga slings and the ecto goggles in action.
I think those items could really define this pin on the premium/ LE level.

#3309 8 years ago

Looking for a nice Baywatch or Godzilla.

#3310 8 years ago

I have a real nice JP for sale. Lots of mods. $2900 obo. Located in Santa Clarita. Game is listed with more pics in the marketplace

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3311 8 years ago

I have a real nice JP for sale. Lots of mods. $2900 obo. Located in Santa Clarita. Game is listed with more pics in the marketplace

#3312 8 years ago

I have a Monopoly and a Roller Coaster Tycoon that ive decided to sell. Both games are fully led'd, recently tore down cleaned, rerubbered, along with all of the coil sleeves being replaced. They both have been routed and because of this there is flipper button wear on the cabs. I covered up the wear with lollipop rails which come with each machine. Each machine also has lit flipper buttons and a full set of Cliffys installed. Pix coming soon.

RCT - 2200 obo
Monopoly - 2600 obo

#3313 8 years ago

hello fellow santa clarita pinballer. wish I had the funds, they had a jp at brave new world comics before they moved, fun game, im enjoying repairing my rocky and bullwinkle. somebody in my complex always has games in their truck so its a busy arcade town I guess

#3314 8 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Trying to achieve my dream pin a TOM. Wifey says I have to let one go so it will be my TFTC. Please PM if interested. Thanks!

IMG_2795_(resized).JPGIMG_2805_(resized).JPGIMG_2806_(resized).JPGIMG_2807_(resized).JPG

Pretty sad this is already on craigslist for $4500....

#3315 8 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Pretty sad this is already on craigslist for $4500....

That's that clown in Fullerton, that's what he does, he flips pins at outrageous prices. He also advertises them here on Pinside in the market, but they are never linked to a forum post, assumably hoping that the guy he lowballed won't see it. He also pollutes CL Las Vegas with his ads. The pinball community here in Vegas would like to run into him in a dark alley one day.

#3316 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That's that clown in Fullerton, that's what he does, he flips pins at outrageous prices. He also advertises them here on Pinside in the market, but they are never linked to a forum post, assumably hoping that the guy he lowballed won't see it. He also pollutes CL Las Vegas with his ads. The pinball community here in Vegas would like to run into him in a dark alley one day.

Careful, what you say, this guy is also on Pinside

#3317 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

He clogs up at lot of craigslist areas with his ads. He's not the only one, there are a few other "(in)famous" flippers.

#3318 8 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Careful, what you say, this guy is also on Pinside

lol, i'm well aware of that, and I calls em like I sees em! Until he gets real about pricing, his greed is a cancer to my 25-year hobby! Even though he probably never gets his asking price for those games, he's still part of the problem that has driven prices beyond their actual value for quite a while now, and many of us "regular-Joe's" and getting priced out! And yes i'm pissed about it, and I don't give a damn if he knows it!

#3319 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

lol, i'm well aware of that, and I calls em like I sees em! Until he gets real about pricing, his greed is a cancer to my 25-year hobby! Even though he probably never gets his asking price for those games, he's still part of the problem that has driven prices beyond their actual value for quite a while now, and many of us "regular-Joe's" and getting priced out! And yes i'm pissed about it, and I don't give a damn if he knows it!

I agree in that his prices are full retail that are unrealistic to most of us. The reality is people are out there that overpay for games and dont care or dont know.

I had a customer that paid 5k shipped for a DESW, with a broken ramp, dirty as hell playfield, broken plastics and a myriad of other problems. I told him he got ripped and to get his money back... he didnt care and didnt mind paying me a good amount to fix all of the problems.

When we are buying we all want our games cheap as possible. When we sell, we all want the most money we can get. The flippers dont mind holding on to games to get their asking prices or close to it..

#3320 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

That's that clown in Fullerton

He's pretty funny but I wouldn't go as far to call him a clown. I've bought many games from him and never had a complaint. He has even bought some back and gave me what I paid. But we do like to clown around sometimes.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

People seem to be hoarding the non-thrashed Cyclones lately too!

He sold me a real nice one with an NOS fully populated playfield recently installed at a very fair price.

#3321 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He sold me a real nice one with an NOS fully populated playfield recently installed at a very fair price.

Ahhh, so you're the one!! lol, I agree with you on this one... I was actually on that myself, called the dude, asked about bringing it to Vegas on their next trip, he said "let me talk to the boss and i'll call you back", never did. About a week later it vanished from CL.

#3322 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's pretty funny but I wouldn't go as far to call him a clown. I've bought many games from him and never had a complaint.

It's good to know he's at least honest with his "friends"... But if the shoe fits be careful when it comes flying off. I know at least 6 people on Pinside alone whom have been screwed by his NOT honesty. He is the pure definition of rag and tag flipper.
Yes I know who his associates are, I know he helps you know who sell his games cause he doesn't like social media but that doesn't do anything for me. Misrepresentation is exactly what it is. We don't have to make up some stupid excuse to try and cover his antics. He misleads and misguides people all the time. It's not once or twice, but all the time. I'm glad you have worked with him on several occasions, at least you are getting it straight.

#3323 8 years ago

I didn't know him until I bought my first machine but in person he was very honest and straightforward and provided service after the sale which from what I can tell he still does. If theres a problem he tries to make it right but some people can't be pleased. If high advertised prices bother you then it would be best to stay away from all the new pin manufacturers and their outragious suggested retail prices. We have become friends and he is not a bad guy, just trying to scrape a living together like everybody else and he works very hard at it.

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ahhh, so you're the one!! lol

download_(resized).jpgdownload_(resized).jpg

I wasn't going to pass it up and he took one of my other games in trade. Nice guy!

#3324 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

It's good to know he's at least honest with his "friends"... But if the shoe fits be careful when it comes flying off. I know at least 6 people on Pinside alone whom have been screwed by his NOT honesty. He is the pure definition of rag and tag flipper.
Yes I know who his associates are, I know he helps you know who sell his games cause he doesn't like social media but that doesn't do anything for me. Misrepresentation is exactly what it is. We don't have to make up some stupid excuse to try and cover his antics. He misleads and misguides people all the time. It's not once or twice, but all the time. I'm glad you have worked with him on several occasions, at least you are getting it straight.

I recently bought my Scared Stiff from a guy in Fullerton who I presume is the same one you are talking about. He was cool, straightforward guy and I was very happy with the table. I dunno, maybe I'm lucky but then I again I've noticed it's customary on Pinside to crap on people that sell games beyond a certain price point.

#3325 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I recently bought my Scared Stiff from a guy in Fullerton who I presume is the same one you are talking about. He was cool, straightforward guy and I was very happy with the table.

Pretty nice Scared Stiff wasn't it? I think anytime you do a local purchase or sale when you can deal face to face, there is less chance of a letdown on either end.

#3326 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pretty nice Scared Stiff wasn't it? I think anytime you do a local purchase or sale when you can deal face to face, there is less chance of a letdown on either end.

Yeah it's mint, real happy with it, that one is never leaving my collection I guess maybe that's the difference since I dealt with him face to face. When I sell tables I also insist on local sales only, that way the person can see what they are getting and be happy with it, hence no misunderstandings or communication issues.

#3327 8 years ago

That Scared Stiff made a stop at my house for a day. I was just helping out. But that's what we do around here. Help each other out. Surfside tries to make sure there are no problems with any of the games before he sells them and has a good tech that works for him. Sometimes things can happen in transit and he tries to help from the other end. Of course your game needed nothing.

#3328 8 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I dunno, maybe I'm lucky but then I again I've noticed it's customary on Pinside to crap on people that sell games beyond a certain price point.

Although I almost always feel like they are high (and I am pretty sure I have never commented on them) I said nothing about his prices...

#3329 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have become friends and he is not a bad guy, just trying to scrape a living together like everybody else and he works very hard at it.

Yep, Bernie Madoff was just trying to make a living too...just like everyone else...c'mon dude that's not an excuse and doesn't allow inexcusable practices or actions.

#3330 8 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

On a different note: Great guy here and nice looking JP...GLWTS

#3331 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

c'mon dude that's not an excuse and doesn't allow inexcusable practices or actions.

This is the part I don't know anything about. He's always been straight with me.

#3332 8 years ago
#3333 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Although I almost always feel like they are high (and I am pretty sure I have never commented on them) I said nothing about his prices...

You haven't said a thing about his prices...yet... Let's wait 5 minutes.

Quoted from jwwhite15:

Yep, Bernie Madoff was just trying to make a living too...just like everyone else...c'mon dude that's not an excuse and doesn't allow inexcusable practices or actions.

There you have it.

#3334 8 years ago

And I'm sure all of you pay suggested retail for your NIBs.

#3335 8 years ago

My involvement in this hobby dates back to realistic pricing, the internet didn't exist, and freedom of speech and the right to ones opinion was something we cherished... not something we condemned. BTW, while this convo has been going on today, our buddy "Surfside" has repushed all his CL ads (TFTC included) back to the top of the listings again!

#3336 8 years ago

I like watching those classic car auctions. It's amazing what some some will pay just because they have to have it. I wish I had bought that AC Cobra for 10 grand when I was 18.

#3337 8 years ago

Ah yes, the growing number of people with far more dollars than sense!? Heard the one about a fool and his money? I'm neither... i'm just the victim of those folks driving up the prices of things. I wasn't responsible for the housing market crash either. No ARM here, but i'll be damned if after 17 years of on-time payments, i'm upside-down in my house!!?

#3338 8 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

. i'm just the victim of those folks driving up the prices of things. I wasn't responsible for the housing market crash either. No ARM here, but i'll be damned if after 17 years of on-time payments, i'm upside-down in my house!!?

Is your house worth more now than it was when you bought it 17 years ago? I'm certain your selling price would not be based on the price you paid for it two decades ago.

Sellers are not responsible for value. Value is determined by what others are willing to pay.

#3339 8 years ago

When the big one hits many may find their houses upside down. I'm just glad mines paid off so I will be able to sift thru the rubble and use that reverse mortgage to buy an RV to live in on my driveway.

#3340 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That Scared Stiff made a stop at my house for a day. I was just helping out. But that's what we do around here. Help each other out. Surfside tries to make sure there are no problems with any of the games before he sells them and has a good tech that works for him. Sometimes things can happen in transit and he tries to help from the other end. Of course your game needed nothing.

And to think that same SS was sold for $4500 not that long ago. (;

#3341 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When the big one hits many may find their houses upside down. I'm just glad mines paid off so I will be able to sift thru the rubble and use that reverse mortgage to buy an RV to live in on my driveway.

Suggest you read the fine line on some reverse mortgages....You must stay living in your home. Not sure how long you can be in the hospital, or if the driveway RV counts as inside the home....LOL. Hey, Its just around the corner from here.......

#3342 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

And to think that same SS was sold for $4500 not that long ago. (;

Seems pretty high for any 20 year old pinball machine doesn't it? Heck, people are paying $8000+ for new machines that aren't even made yet. Then they go and spend hundreds more on color DMDs, toppers, invisiglass, fancy rubbers, etc.

It's madness, I tell you!

#3343 8 years ago

Wcs'94 in San Diego. Nice player quality minimal kickout wear and comes with a full Cliffy kit including the carbon fiber shields. Regular bulbs. Lots of fun.

$2500

20160404_192543_(resized).jpg20160404_192543_(resized).jpg

#3344 8 years ago

Hey guys, still looking for a set of BK2000 slingshot plastics, would like new, but very nice used ones would do, really need the left one. Thanks Mike Paris

#3345 8 years ago

I am preemptively posting a bit but I have a lord of the rings coming in off route next week. It will be getting tore down, cleaned and rerubbered. I am looking for trades for the following games.

X-men wolverine LE
Avengers hulk LE
Star Trek pro
Or a WMS Indy

I will add cash where it is due. Let me know what you got. I also have a RCT and Monopoly up for sale. So those could be worked into some kind of deal also.

#3346 8 years ago

I am still looking to trade/sell my SF2 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-or-trade-street-fighter-ii-gottlieb-1993

9fe0e9b9549de9071e4871da370bd75e0182e3c3.jpg9fe0e9b9549de9071e4871da370bd75e0182e3c3.jpg

#3348 8 years ago

UPDATE: NO LONGER FOR SALE

I'm selling a Tales from the Crypt for a friend. It was recently dropped off at my house. Player's condition. Good playfield aside from the scoop wear. Best to cover it with a Cliffy. Average cabinet. Plays great. Strong flippers. Freshly cleaned and polished playfield. New flipper and slingshot rubbers. LED lighting. Needs a new left ramp wire gate which Cliffy sells for $20. Clean boards. Nice translite. Looks to have been well-maintained.

$2300

#3349 8 years ago

Looking to sell or trade my rfm. It's in perfect shape. Clear coated pf. Perfect cab. Nicest I've seen. Looking to trade towards Twd. Possibly others. Let me know. I can text pics.

#3350 8 years ago

Looking for a nice Metallica pro or pre. I just listed my NBA fastbreak hoping to throw some cash on top for a Metallica. Thanks.

sandiego.craigslist.org link

There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/67?hl=tatersalad321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.