(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,739 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by andre060
  • Topic is favorited by 321 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8739 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 175.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I made a deal for a nice HUO TAF with a friend that I've done many deals with in the past. Should be here tomorrow, so the search is over for now.

It's one of the main B/W pins from the 90's that I haven't owned, so I'm really looking forward to having it in the collection!

Dibs, at least it's closer now.

#152 5 years ago

I just started another thread about the $1200 Dirty Harry, having not seen this thread. Wish I were on here to see the OP about it in here. I might have gotten it. Oh well.

I have a Tales from the Crypt in need of cabinet work. It's very nice besides that. Lots of new parts. Looking to trade esp. for a Bally/Williams sys11 (or newer). Willing to add cash or trade down if it's a game I am looking for.

I would love to get Party Zone, Mousin' Around, EatPM, Shadow, Black Rose, NBA Fastbreak, to name a few.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Dibs, at least it's closer now.

You are second in line behind Eskaybee.

#154 5 years ago

Sure, as long as you didn't overpay for that thing.

#155 5 years ago
#156 5 years ago

For all the people wondering about that DH. The guy put half of his home # and half of his cell # on the ad by mistake. (How do you do that even?) Anyway, I know this cause he texted me after I emailed my #.

#157 5 years ago
#158 5 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

anyone in socal getting a TWD pro or le??
would love to get around to playing one of these soon

They have it at 82 in DTLA

O-Din, just to be clear, that's a different one, right? I also have one but couldn't pass up that deal(!)

#159 5 years ago
#160 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Sure, as long as you didn't overpay for that thing.

Doesn't matter what I paid. Only what it's worth when it's time to sell. And it won't be stock when I'm done. Color DMD already ordered.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Fraud? Scam? Joke? I think not!! Yesss!

You DOG, nice pick up.

Quoted from Acampero:

I may be looking to move my super minty mint modded to hell LOTR.

Already, what happen?

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Doesn't matter what I paid. Only what it's worth when it's time to sell. And it won't be stock when I'm done. Color DMD already ordered.

LED too?

#163 5 years ago

Of course!

#164 5 years ago

I have clean DE Star Wars and original Superchex (US/Russia) - trade for STNG, GnR, AC/DC or Apollo 13. Open to what you think is fair - pin + $.

I am in the O.C.

#165 5 years ago
#166 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Fraud? Scam? Joke? I think not!! Yesss!

IMG_20141107_140020 (1).jpg 126 KB

Nice pick up Mike.... Congrats

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fwiw; my nephews and nieces always gravitated towards LoTR. The ring + blaring were their favorites. And when I showed them about the 3 main multiballs and how you get to destroy the ring after doing those multiballs...forget about, they were hooked and addicted for life like no other pin. They did not like Avengers at all and I can't blame em, very tough to make shots.

I had a LOTR but she was young and doesn't remember it, but loves the theme now that she is older. She is finally into it we play IM almost everyday.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

She is finally into it we play IM almost everyday.

Wish I could give you more than just '1' thumbs up!

#169 5 years ago
#170 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I had a LOTR but she was young and doesn't remember it, but loves the theme now that she is older. She is finally into it we play IM almost everyday.

Get LOTR. It's just a straight up better game. And it has hard but obtainable goals, so you can feel like you "beat it" and then move it on if you want.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My daughter won't play the DMDs. She only likes the old EMs with the two inch flippers. Wonder where she gets that from.

My 7 year old daughter's favorite game is The Shadow. Only one in my collection she really plays, except for Abra Ca Dabra which is in my office, and not the garage.

On topic, sorry: This thread rules, what a great idea. Especially as there are people in more central CA who aren't super far from LA or The Bay, especially if you can meet someone half way.

Who hasn't driven an hour and a half for a pin?

#172 5 years ago
#173 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

She is 16 now, and knows what she likes. She also put some time in on Kings & Queens last time she was up. We both agree that one is a keeper too. She hasn't played Rocket yet, but everybody else seems to get addicted pretty fast.

DSCN2921.JPG 116 KB

That's cool...

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Wish I could give you more than just '1' thumbs up!

It's crazy I have had a ton of pins and it took IM to hook her.. Lol

#175 5 years ago

Goodnight California... (from Munich!)
Mad flipping on my Seawitch (what a freakin' gem this thing is.) listening to the soothing sounds of Dio...
"So Bless me !"
-mof

#176 5 years ago

Hey o-din I'm going to try and roll out with Kyle tomorrow, so hopefully see you then.

Edit: Shit, I guess it's already today, not tomorrow.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

You DOG, nice pick up.

Already, what happen?

You know how some pins just don't do it for you, regardless of how great they play? I think LOTR is one of them. I know it's strange considering I'm such a fan and named my daughter Galadriel.

I'm on the fence but swaying towards moving it to make room for something else.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

It's crazy I have had a ton of pins and it took IM to hook her.. Lol

No surprise there. IM is one of the best pins ever. The sound effects, music, theme, shaker integration, magnets, Iron Monger rising from the middle of the pf, and the War Machine kickback all add up to a very impressive experience.

#179 5 years ago
#181 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

A Classic:
» YouTube video

That's rad -- I had no idea MS and UJR came back to play some shows with the Scorps... wow!

MS is my current all time favorite guitarist...

And Klaus Meine is the German Dio -- incredible how well he's held onto his voice after 45 years...

-mof

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I read it as a legit ad. I figured there was a mistake. The part about only takes quarters was a dead giveaway.
Meanwhile... Rome wasn't built in a day...

DSCN3169.JPG 215 KB

Nice game, but it needed a few more likenesses of Clint on the playfield...

#183 5 years ago
#184 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, here ya go then!
» YouTube video

Classic rockers still making killer new music.

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, here ya go then!
» YouTube video

Great band, but dudes who look like they've been on a liquid diet for two months (and even Hans and Franz couldn't help them out) ought to keep a shirt on...

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Great band, but dudes who look like they've been on a liquid diet for two months (and even Hans and Franz couldn't help them out) ought to keep a shirt on...

No way bro, every musician in the 70's was skinny as a rail while kicking a$$ on stage...
-mof

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

No way bro, every musician in the 70's was skinny as a rail while kicking a$$ on stage...
-mof

Yup, you are right, most those guys were small and rail thin. If it doesn't come naturally, the dope will certainly do that to ya...

BTW, the San Francisco Sound of the late 60's is still my favorite music--unreal musicianship and song crafting by the Bay Area bands back then.

#188 5 years ago

I grabbed the Paragon in Santa Rosa a couple days ago. Seller says it's HUO. I don't know about that, but it's pretty darn nice. Playfield is near mint with original mylar. Pictures coming soon.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I grabbed the Paragon in Santa Rosa a couple days ago. Seller says it's HUO. I don't know about that, but it's pretty darn nice. Playfield is near mint with original mylar. Pictures coming soon.

Congrats...
Is the guy a Pinsider?
-mof

#190 5 years ago

My latest acquisition received today.

image.jpg image-92.jpg image-865.jpg image-425.jpg
#191 5 years ago

^ That is nice, don't forget to get a protector for the electric chair hole.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

^ That is nice, don't forget to get a protector for the electric chair hole.

Yep. Going with the Kerry not the Cliffy.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Congrats...
Is the guy a Pinsider?
-mof

Quoted from mof:

Congrats...
Is the guy a Pinsider?
-mof

I forgot to ask him. His name was Rod, or Rob.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My latest acquisition received today.

image.jpg 303 KB

image-92.jpg 246 KB

image-865.jpg 195 KB

image-425.jpg 216 KB

Nice, Rob! Congrats. Game looks clean.

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Nice, Rob! Congrats. Game looks clean.

Thanks. It's undocumented HUO.

The Bally sticker on the glass and condition of factory price sticker, as well as overall condition makes me think it could well be HUO.

image-187.jpg image-24.jpg
#196 5 years ago

^ Very nice. Obligatory shooter lane pic.

#197 5 years ago
#198 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Is it the guy thats always listing a dozen or so pins?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks. It's undocumented HUO.
The Bally sticker on the glass and condition of factory price sticker, as well as overall condition makes me think it could well be HUO.

Maybe I should get TAF again hmm... my daughter use to play when she was about 3ish
Hard to say if she would like it now.. The one I had kept needing servicing drove me nuts and sold it..

image-187.jpg 239 KB

image-24.jpg 99 KB

image.jpg
#200 5 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Is it the guy thats always listing a dozen or so pins?

Yup. It's that guy who says kids help him fix up the games for charity. It was my first dealing with him. He overstated the condition a tad, but I still bought it. Overall he seemed like a nice guy. I'd say it's worth the drive if he has a title you want.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 999.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
Project Pinball Charity
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 8739 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 175.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside