(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 254.
#12001 11 months ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

WTB Foo Fighters Pro or potentially Premium within driving distance of So. Cal. I have a 2nd run Premium on order for the July/August run but looking for a game in the interim. Would prefer a HUO or low use location game. Located in Santa Clarita.
Thanks. Kevin

Might want to check https://captainsauctionwarehouse.com/. I think they had Pro & Prem both.

#12002 11 months ago

I’m offering to trade or sell my BK2K, you can see it in the Golden State Pinball for sale thread. There are pictures there. I’m asking $3500 or trade for another system 11.
You can see the post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/golden-state-pinball-festival-buy-sell-trade-thread#post-7564583

#12003 11 months ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Might want to check https://captainsauctionwarehouse.com/. I think they had Pro & Prem both.

Thanks. Would prefer to buy second hand and avoid the tax.

#12005 11 months ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Cabinet art is in very nice shape, playfield is decent with Cliffys on SOL and shooter lane. 2.23 code, Has an NOS sheet of glass, NOS flipper buttons, Flippers rebuilt, New skip r...”
2023-05-07
Huntington Beach, CA
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 473 times

Hello,
Just listed my RFM let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks

#12006 11 months ago

Anyone have a base model hotwheels in socal? Looking for one for our 5 year old

Also interested in a home use Hobbit from Socal

#12007 11 months ago

I have an original Tron stand up arcade for sale. It's in great condition and working as it should. Send me a pm if there's any interest.

#12008 11 months ago

Sometimes you need to put a price on shit. PM me doesn’t work for me.

#12009 11 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Because then the price police show up, i get it though. Seller is a solid dude (bought my T2 from him)

#12010 11 months ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Sir, this is a Wendys.

#12011 11 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Sir, this is a Wendys.

What???

#12012 11 months ago

This is a Wendys.

#12013 11 months ago

I have a Bond Premium for sale/trade in San Diego if anyone's interested.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For sale is a Bond 007 Premium Home Used Only. Original Owner. Purchased new in box from Rob at Mad Pinball. Excellent Shape. Plays Perfectly. Under 100 Total Plays. I added some ...”
2023-05-04
San Diego, CA
8,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 288 times
Contributed to Pinside

#12014 11 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

This is a Wendys.

Can I get a Big Mac?

Sir this is a Wendys.

(Or something like that...)

#12015 11 months ago

Wendy's employee : Wendy's.

Michael Scott : Hello, Wendy. This is Kevin's friend, Michael.

Wendy's employee : This isn't Wendy.

Michael Scott : Oh, I'm sorry. Could you put her on, please?

Wendy's employee : Dude, this is a Wendy's restaurant.

Michael Scott : [mutters] Damn it, Kevin.

Quoted from jahbarron:

This is a Wendys

#12016 11 months ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

"Sir, This Is A Wendy's", also written "Ma'am, This Is A Wendy's", is a meme catchphrase used to deflect overbearing or subjectively annoying statements or questions, as well as comments that are bizarre or irrelevant

I just felt like Da Shaker was really mad up there and wanted to change the tone

#12017 11 months ago

Machine - For Sale
Mata Hari Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Beautiful Mata Hari. Repainted cabinet (by me) with original colors and Pinball Pimp stencils and looks “factory original”. This game has the original playfield with minimal we...”
2023-05-06
Huntington Beach, CA
Archived after: 31 days
Viewed: 404 times

#12018 11 months ago

All this talk about Wendy's makes me wonder: If you could have one currently-unavailable fast food joint transported here to California, what would it be?

The transplanted Chicagoan in me celebrates having a few Portillo's in SoCal, so now I'd have to go with Penn Station Subs. Their fresh-baked bread rocks.

#12019 11 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

All this talk about Wendy's makes me wonder: If you could have one currently-unavailable fast food joint transported here to California, what would it be?
The transplanted Chicagoan in me celebrates having a few Portillo's in SoCal, so now I'd have to go with Penn Station Subs. Their fresh-baked bread rocks.

I have fond memories of Burgerville USA

#12020 11 months ago

I have two custom completely modded pins forsale
Both are huo. Gnr Le with all the mods and a Acdc premium that is the best you will ever see or play. Pm me for details. If you know me then you will understand how nice these pins are.
Harley D.

#12021 11 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Masa of Echo Park. Legit Chicago deep dish pizza…they even import the water for the dough!

#12022 11 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

From Detroit: Buddy's Pizza

#12023 11 months ago

Am I the only one who feels like there are absolutely no deals left on pinball in California? All the old classics are $3k, the 90's greats are as much or more as the new Sterns, and the used Sterns are barely cheaper than the new ones. I know it's no one's fault, but as hobbiest it takes the fun out the game a bit.

Speaking of which, anyone have a reasonably priced players condition Cyclone they want to re-home?

#12024 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Am I the only one who feels like there are absolutely no deals left on pinball in California? All the old classics are $3k, the 90's greats are as much or more as the new Sterns, and the used Sterns are barely cheaper than the new ones. I know it's no one's fault, but as hobbiest it takes the fun out the game a bit.
Speaking of which, anyone have a reasonably priced players condition Cyclone they want to re-home?

Agree 100%

#12025 11 months ago

I agree starting to get priced out of this hobby after 30 years.

#12026 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Am I the only one who feels like there are absolutely no deals left on pinball in California?

I'm willing to sell below-market value if everyone else does.

Who is with me?!?!?

#12027 11 months ago

With the new games coming out, older machines are getting harder to sell and driving the market down. IMO

#12028 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Yep. Not many deals anymore unfortunately. I miss the days of $600 Adams Family and $1800 AFMs.

#12029 11 months ago

It’s a rich man’s game these days. This is why I’m not motivated to sell what I have or buy anything.

#12030 11 months ago

Yeah there is definitely stagnation at the top of the market with all new games coming out and everyone trying to get top dollar for the old stuff so they can make room. I think it's worse here in California compared to the East where there are more machines and more opportunities and more competition. Anything interesting that is reasonably priced out here gets snapped up fast, as it should be. But I don't see the $5000+ games moving so fast.

At this point any 80's or 90's came between $2k and 3K is a deal in cali. :-/

#12031 11 months ago

I recently bought two games which I felt are great deals. Not old school $1000 IJ or TZ. I bought a Demo man for 4k. I have been in this hobby about 8 years now and it is my 3rd Demo man. The 1st cost me 2500. At 4k, my justification and thought was, It has a colordmd($525) It has Titans(60) Fully LED job (150) Mirror Blades(100), it was shopped and gorgeous. Have you shopped a demo? It takes a minute or two. So my old 2500 Demo I pretty much did all the same mods, so much so, i actually thought this new on might be my old machine. But you remove all the mods, and the game would be about $3200. Still not much more than what i spent a few years back.
I also bought a STTNG for under 5k. Total bro deal, but they happen still.
Most of the good deals I am seeing now are friends selling to friends for OG prices. Me and a buddy have been passing a HUO TSPP for 5500 for years now.

#12032 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Am I the only one who feels like there are absolutely no deals left on pinball in California? All the old classics are $3k, the 90's greats are as much or more as the new Sterns, and the used Sterns are barely cheaper than the new ones.

The reason there used to be deals was because there were still a lot of junk machines coming off route, in warehouses, at auctions, or in randos garages. People would rather sell cheap than pay someone to fix/restore. Since the amount of games out there is finite, all of those games are gone. They’ve been restored, and when they go back out into the world, people who know what they have don’t have incentive to sell cheap. Even rando non-hobbyists can look online and find out what their game is worth. For someone to basically give up cash by selling you a cheap game….you have to be extremely lucky these days.

Quoted from twinmice:

I agree starting to get priced out of this hobby after 30 years.

You can leverage your current collection if you want something new. I wouldn’t be buying new games if I couldn’t sell my old ones to pay for them.

#12033 11 months ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

I bought a Demo man for 4k. I have been in this hobby about 8 years now and it is my 3rd Demo man. The 1st cost me 2500. At 4k, my justification and thought was, It has a colordmd($525) It has Titans(60) Fully LED job (150) Mirror Blades(100), it was shopped and gorgeous. Have you shopped a demo? It takes a minute or two.

It also had $400 in re-chromed handles and a brand-new Cryo Claw motor. Seller got screwed.

#12034 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I just updated a listing I have right now, a Mata Hari for sale. For what it's worth, I'll lose money when I sell it. I paid 2k for it and drove to Arizona to pick it up, then repainted the cabinet (which looks awesome and original), so even with "pinflation" even decent deals from years ago, still people are lucky to break even on many games sold I'm guessing.

#12035 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can leverage your current collection if you want something new. I wouldn’t be buying new games if I couldn’t sell my old ones to pay for them.

This is what I did recently. I just bought a Foo Fighters LE. I ended up selling 5 games, my road bike and a old Honda Spree scooter to come up with the cash for the game. I was a little bummed to have to move so many games, but in all honestly they were games that didn't get played that much. Now, it feels pretty good to have a little more room in the garage. But this is what the hobby is all about for me. i love the "Hunt" of finding a game.

#12036 11 months ago

Thinking of trading my still strapped to the pallet Fathom Mermaid (took the top box off to ensure all is okay, but still strapped to pallet). Ideally looking to send it and some cash for a Foo LE or a DP LE.

#12037 11 months ago

I was at a point where I paid stupid prices for Machines I wanted,Now the prices are cooling off so even when I take a loss it looks like Im selling High.

#12038 11 months ago

Speaking of deals - PM me if you’re interested in this: A friend of mine still has a DE Playboy that he bought at the very first arcade auction we went to 20 years ago. It was broken when he bought it…it’s still broken in his garage. I told him to post here, but he’s a procrastinator. If anyone wants a project DE playboy “cheap” by todays standards, hit me up and I’ll give you his info.

#12039 11 months ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

I just updated a listing I have right now, a Mata Hari for sale. For what it's worth, I'll lose money when I sell it. I paid 2k for it and drove to Arizona to pick it up, then repainted the cabinet (which looks awesome and original), so even with "pinflation" even decent deals from years ago, still people are lucky to break even on many games sold I'm guessing.

Yep there are still some that come up now and then from the good guys like Blenderhead. I got 2 from him for very reasonable prices and they are great machines. His Mata Hari price seems reasonable to me.

#12040 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone wants a project DE playboy “cheap” by todays standards, hit me up and I’ll give you his info.

Depending on the price, it might be worth it to bring to Golden State this weekend.

#12041 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Depending on the price, it might be worth it to bring to Golden State this weekend.

I don’t think he’s going to travel with it….actually he’s going out of town this week anyway. In any case - if he wanted $1500 for it, would that be reasonable? I tried fixing it way back when, but that was before I got decent at fixing boards.…it was having some CPU issues.

#12042 11 months ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Yeah there is definitely stagnation at the top of the market with all new games coming out and everyone trying to get top dollar for the old stuff so they can make room. I think it's worse here in California compared to the East where there are more machines and more opportunities and more competition. Anything interesting that is reasonably priced out here gets snapped up fast, as it should be. But I don't see the $5000+ games moving so fast.
At this point any 80's or 90's came between $2k and 3K is a deal in cali. :-/

Late response: Your points are valid but there are still deals out there, they are just harder to find. Find something further away if you're willing to do a road trip, post here for a particular game you are looking for (and mention if you're willing to take on a project or fix a broken game). This and watch craigslist and various FB local for sale groups, if you're the first to see it and you jump on it you'll find something. But yea, inflation in general (and flippers trying to make a business out of this) has taken a bit of fun out of the hobby. Don't give up yet though!

#12043 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t think he’s going to travel with it….actually he’s going out of town this week anyway. In any case - if he wanted $1500 for it, would that be reasonable? I tried fixing it way back when, but that was before I got decent at fixing boards.…it was having some CPU issues.

Depends on condition of backglass , cabinet ,displays , & playfield of course but in decent shape that sounds fair

#12044 11 months ago

This just posted in northern Idaho.
spokane.craigslist.org link
Don't usually see this title this low of a price anymore.

#12045 11 months ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

This just posted in northern Idaho.
spokane.craigslist.org link
Don't usually see this title this low of a price anymore.

I mean...yes, but Northern Idaho.

#12046 11 months ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I mean...yes, but Northern Idaho.

I’ve driven from L.A. to Boise for games. It’s just a *wee* bit past Lodi, if you’re going to GSPF

#12047 11 months ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I’ve driven from L.A. to Boise for games. It’s just a *wee* bit past Lodi, if you’re going to GSPF

Art, you're probably one of about seven people I'd do that trip with.

#12048 11 months ago

What was it ?

#12050 11 months ago

How much?

There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/241 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.