(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 255.
#11901 1 year ago

Just listed a Walking Dead Pro in the marketplace. I can see California from here

I might also be able to meet in Redding with the machine as long as lunch is provided.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling our Home Use Only (I am the 2nd owner) Walking Dead Pro model with some nice mods. We bought it from the original owner in December of 2020. Total lifetime plays are just ...”
2023-03-29
Tucson, AZ
6,700 (Firm)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 299 times

#11903 1 year ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Great game! It's always a favorite when I have visitors. No problems, a clean game. Cabinet looks good. If you want specific pictures, just send me a request.”
2023-03-17
San Ramon, CA
4,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 20 days
Viewed: 313 times
Contributed to Pinside

Price drop.

#11904 1 year ago

I have a Godzilla Premium in San Diego if anyone is interested:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For sale is a Godzilla Premium Home Used Only. Original Owner. Purchased new in box from Jason at Classic Game Rooms in March 2022. March 2022 Build Date. Around 150 Total Plays. ...”
2023-03-18
San Diego, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 467 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11905 1 year ago

Just listed our White Water down here in North County San Diego. Thanks for looking!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Players condition White Water up for grabs! This one plays fast and smooth. Featuring: - All new ramps, boulders, and plastic dome on the topper - Fully functional topper! - Come...”
2023-04-02
San Marcos, CA
7,300 (Firm)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 402 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11906 1 year ago

This is not meant to be as a negative comment on any of these advertised prices in this forum, but don't you guys think it's crazy that you can basically buy car for the cost of a pinball machine these days? Shopping for my son's first car, looking at some 80s classics and realize I can pretty much trade for a pinball machine.

#11907 1 year ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

This is not meant to be as a negative comment on any of these advertised prices in this forum, but don't you guys think it's crazy that you can basically buy car for the cost of a pinball machine these days? Shopping for my son's first car, looking at some 80s classics and realize I can pretty much trade for a pinball machine.

Yup.. my wife’s reminds me enough times looking at my pinball collection. “All that money just sitting there” is the common statement.

And I know moving forward the purchase would be similar to buying a nice vacation, car, or X/Y/Z.

Wish I was closer to a pinball location.

So.. you’re not alone, but we still keep buying. Haha.

#11908 1 year ago

Pinball machines are luxury assets - and as far as luxury items go they are a complete and total bargain, especially if you consider the size of the market, the cost to design, produce and distribute a pinball machine, and the amount of raw goods and technology required.

A car, even a 40 year old cheap one, is a necessity (for some, at least) and millions are traded every year - comparing the two is pointless. Compare pins to other non essential, limited market, high production cost items such as watches or race bikes and you'll see that pins are still remarkably well priced, even with the recent uptick.

#11909 1 year ago

Yes, pin prices have gone parabolic and I do think of selling my entire collection and paying half of my mortgage off with the cash, but life wouldn’t be the same without pins in the house. The next 5 to 10 years should be interesting. Will prices continue to rise? Will we have $20k new pins and similar prices for sought after used titles? Things are getting very rich in this hobby and even toppers now cost several thousand. I just bought a sweet 1924 Ford Model T that brings me a lot of joy and it only cost $9k. I can’t even buy a new pin for that now, it’s wild.

#11910 1 year ago

you can basically buy car for the cost of a pinball machine

Yes but... most cars depreciate in value, while many pinball's have gone up in value

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Yes but... most cars depreciate in value, while many pinball's have gone up in value

True Kerry, vehicles are usually sunk money. I’ve had a few pins 2X in value and others have appreciated nicely. Sadly, I never take those unrealized profits LOL. I’m too attached to the games, they mean more to me than money. I just hope the pin market doesn’t crash hard at some point, but if it does then I’m going to double my collection again ha ha

#11912 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just bought a sweet 1924 Ford Model T that brings me a lot of joy and it only cost $9k

Fricken awesome. I would have bought that too!!

#11913 1 year ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fricken awesome. I would have bought that too!!

Thanks! It’s going to fun getting it back on the road. Lots to do, but she runs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x5Aca__gdircvho4b7nS9YHYuTcvxohz/view?usp=drivesdk

#11915 1 year ago

This. it's why I don't really stress. It's almost (I say almost of course, haha) a given that in 10 years every game I own will be worth far more than I paid for it. Which is pretty nice, most hobbies I have cost money and that money depreciates over time.

#11916 1 year ago

I doubt that will be the case with modern stern's giving their prices. Has a star trek pro really appreciated in price since it was released?

#11917 1 year ago

Realistic price range for metallica le these days in socal?

#11918 1 year ago

Posted an Ad for a nice Pinball Magic
Headed to Golden State pinball Festival on sunday and can bring the game at no extra cost for a NorCal buyer

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Pinball Magic Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale is a nice example of Capcom’s Pinball Magic. I’ve owned the game for over 5 years without any issues. The game looks and plays great! Included with the sale is t...”
2023-04-03
Santa Ana, CA
Archived after: 48 days
Viewed: 268 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11919 1 year ago
Quoted from Cruster:

Realistic price range for metallica le these days in socal?

They just don't come up often, I'm not sure I remember seeing another for sale in SoCal since I bought mine honestly, and I've had it for years. But I've seen them for sale in other places in the $16k range.

With these kind of more rare games there's the market price you might expect if you're patient, and there's the price that motivates sellers to sell when they weren't planning on it.

Someone messaged me the other day with an unsolicited ask if wanted to sell my Metallica LE and when I said it wasn't for sale, but with the right offer who knows, they replied with "Let me know what the offer has to be. Hopefully not too much." Won't out who asked me, not trying to give them grief, but if you're gonna hit up someone asking to buy their game they haven't listed for sale you probably shouldn't hope they're dying to give it away. If I was trying to sell it for market I'd just ... list it on the market.

#11920 1 year ago

Exactly right Aurich ! While none of my pins are currently for sale - they all are for a premium price .

#11921 1 year ago

I like my Metallica still. I’m not looking to sell it. If someone wants it badly enough I might consider what I could replace it with, but it’s not like I’m thinking about it or have some number in mind.

I feel if you want to approach someone because you saw they have a game you want that’s it’s on you to throw a number at them. It’s usually not how you’re going to land a deal!

#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They just don't come up often, I'm not sure I remember seeing another for sale in SoCal since I bought mine honestly, and I've had it for years. But I've seen them for sale in other places in the $16k range

Yep...you are so right. And its not just the LE's that dont come up, its Metallica in general. You just dont see many of them pop up very often. Also, I had the same thing happen with my GB LE.....needles to say, I didnt sell it.

3 Pro's
2 Prem
1 LE (pending)
in marketplace currently. WOW

#11923 1 year ago

TMNT Pro forsale. Feel free to PM any questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/154839

#11924 1 year ago

Depends on the car.

#11925 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They just don't come up often, I'm not sure I remember seeing another for sale in SoCal since I bought mine honestly, and I've had it for years. But I've seen them for sale in other places in the $16k range.
With these kind of more rare games there's the market price you might expect if you're patient, and there's the price that motivates sellers to sell when they weren't planning on it.
Someone messaged me the other day with an unsolicited ask if wanted to sell my Metallica LE and when I said it wasn't for sale, but with the right offer who knows, they replied with "Let me know what the offer has to be. Hopefully not too much." Won't out who asked me, not trying to give them grief, but if you're gonna hit up someone asking to buy their game they haven't listed for sale you probably shouldn't hope they're dying to give it away. If I was trying to sell it for market I'd just ... list it on the market.

Man thats crazy I sold mine for about 8k a few years ago.

#11926 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

Man thats crazy I sold mine for about 8k a few years ago.

Yeah well, when I downsized my collection from 11 to 3 games I sold pretty much all of them for half of what they go for now. Market just stupid.

#11927 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah well, when I downsized my collection from 11 to 3 games I sold pretty much all of them for half of what they go for now. Market just stupid.

My jaw dropped when BTTF sold for $14k (plus tax/fees) at the Banning Auction. I could barely get $700 for mine when I sold it around 2007.

#11928 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My jaw dropped when BTTF sold for $14k (plus tax/fees) at the Banning Auction. I could barely get $700 for mine when I sold it around 2007.

There was a lot of stupidity at Banning . I think the Hercules went like 18k

#11929 1 year ago

I hate current prices, but what can you do? If I sold my Metallica I'd want that inflated market value over what I paid, not because I'm greedy but because the only reason I'd sell it would be to get more pinball, and everything else is so damn expensive now.

I'd happily take a hit on what my METLE is worth if everything else went down too. I really give no fucks about the value of my collection, pinball as an investment is stupid, but I do care about what I can 'trade' things for.

#11930 1 year ago

Looking for a beater W/B Dracula to restore. Thanks Mike

#11931 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate current prices, but what can you do? If I sold my Metallica I'd want that inflated market value over what I paid, not because I'm greedy but because the only reason I'd sell it would be to get more pinball, and everything else is so damn expensive now.
I'd happily take a hit on what my METLE is worth if everything else went down too. I really give no fucks about the value of my collection, pinball as an investment is stupid, but I do care about what I can 'trade' things for.

The best way to handle this price insanity is to find trades. Prices will drop again, most games aren't selling. Supply is starting to outstrip demand.

#11932 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The best way to handle this price insanity is to find trades. Prices will drop again, most games aren't selling. Supply is starting to outstrip demand.

Agreed, but the insane prices impact that too. In the good old days way back in 2018, you could trade a pin and maybe you were a few hundred north or south in value. Now the gulf can be and often is thousands. Very discouraging for an old horse trader like me who started collecting in the early 90s. Well, now I’m just complaining - but hey, I’m old. It’s to be expected.

#11933 1 year ago
Quoted from zahner:

Agreed, but the insane prices impact that too. In the good old days way back in 2018, you could trade a pin and maybe you were a few hundred north or south in value. Now the gulf can be and often is thousands.

Yeah, unless you're swapping like for like it doesn't help. I wouldn't mind trying to own a Godzilla, if I tried to trade my METLE for one then what? We could agree on values, but they'd still have to give me like $6K on top of the trade or something for it to not feel stupid on my end.

I saw someone was trying to trade their Godzilla LE for a Metallica LE, and I have no idea how that actually works out market value wise, but maybe that's the kind of thing where you shrug and don't care? But a Premium wouldn't feel even.

#11934 1 year ago

A premium Godzilla wouldn’t be an even trade for a Met premium much less an LE . I’m pretty sure I could sell my Met pre , buy a premium Godzilla and have cash left over .

#11935 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Listing my Rush Premium soon but thought I'd put it up here first. 168 plays. Game is HUO with day 1 mylar in the shooter lane and other spots where appropriate.
Mods including the VAC tube mod, Alex/Geddy guitar mod, loop light replicator, Wizard Mod side art, orbit fix, Dice, Abe flips, and more.
PM me if interested. Can send link to pics and more details but game is perfect, mint. Thanks.

Sale pending. Thanks all for looking.

#11936 1 year ago

Hey all. I have a hou (original owner) Halloween HWN CE I'm looking to trade, +/- cash if applicable . Mainly looking for:
GZ
MET
EHOH
TNA
TMNT
DP

DM me if interested, let me know what you have.

#11937 1 year ago

I have a HUO Godzilla LE in mint condition loaded with the best mods I’d sell for $16.5k or consider trading for a Kiss LE, Batman 66 LE, Foo LE or AFMr LE +- cash for equal value. PM me if interested in sale or trade

Added 12 months ago:

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#11938 1 year ago

I have a mint TMNT LE I’m looking to sale or trade. Looking for bond, mando, and Star Wars, JP. Pro or premium on all.

Also have a ST premium and pro. Looking to sale or trade one or the other.

#11939 1 year ago

My TS4 CE is listed here (as new - good price) and am receiving my Fathom Mermaid next week which I may trade if I can find something on my wishlist - AFG and AFMr LE. +$ as needed. Cheers.

#11941 1 year ago

Does anyone have a good working Bally solenoid driver board available for sale? We have a silverball mania in Elk Grove that would appreciate it.

Added 12 months ago:

#11942 1 year ago

Haha. Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Pinside was giving me an issue where this thread wouldn't update and and every time I went back to the home page it showed this thread as 2 new posts but with the same old comments. I posted this to see if it would fix it but didn't even show for me for about a day. Strange.

Seems to be working now. Not sure if others had this issue or not.

#11943 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Haha. Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Pinside was giving me an issue where this thread wouldn't update and and every time I went back to the home page it showed this thread as 2 new posts but with the same old comments. I posted this to see if it would fix it but didn't even show for me for about a day. Strange.
Seems to be working now. Not sure if others had this issue or not.

There was something posted from the site that said there were issues with iOS/Mac users. Have clear your cache. Specific directions are in the announcements at the top of the forum page I believe.

#11944 1 year ago

Listed my Godzilla Premium and Guns N Roses LE. PM me if interested. Thanks!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Minty Fresh GZ Premium for sale! Original 1st owner, bought new in box - HUO with Insider Connected. March 30, 2022 build date. Zero Issues - Game plays perfect since the day it wa...”
2023-04-09
Oakley, CA
10,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 317 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Welcome to the Jungle! Selling my GNR LE - 1st owner, HUO game - dialed in and ready to rock! Fantastic game, no issues. Plays flawless - fast & fun and is a great addition to...”
2023-04-07
Oakley, CA
8,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 174 times

#11945 1 year ago

I have 475-ish new incandescent #44 bayonet bulbs that I'll never use but don't want to see wasted. Anyone local want them? Free if you're willing to pick them up from me in Pasadena.

If nobody here wants them by Friday, I'll post to the rest of the Pinside world.

#11946 1 year ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Basically perfect condition Alien LV #25. 116 games started. No issues with it, plays 100%. Had no issues when opened her up NIB. Let me know if you want additional information or...”
2023-04-10
San Diego, CA
9,400 (Firm)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 444 times

Updated.

#11947 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I doubt that will be the case with modern stern's giving their prices. Has a star trek pro really appreciated in price since it was released?

No. Only on the west coast. Wish I lived in Florida or back in Ohio, prices are much better there. So my areas to buy are Vegas and Southern California. Prices here in Arizona suck also.

#11948 1 year ago
Quoted from EEE:

Does anyone have a good working Bally solenoid driver board available for sale? We have a silverball mania in Elk Grove that would appreciate it.

https://www.pinballlife.com/alltek-ultimate-solenoid-driver-board-for-ballystern.html

I would just buy a new one.

#11949 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Listed my Godzilla Premium and Guns N Roses LE. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Highly recommend seller!! Both games are mint!!

#11950 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I have 475-ish new incandescent #44 bayonet bulbs that I'll never use but don't want to see wasted. Anyone local want them? Free if you're willing to pick them up from me in Pasadena.
If nobody here wants them by Friday, I'll post to the rest of the Pinside world.

Then come by my place and pick up a few hundred more lol.

There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/239?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.