(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,707 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by iepinball
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 255.
#11151 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Ok... so kinda off topic but not really. I'm kinda new here, but this is my favorite spot on the whole internet these days Last night I realized I can check out, quite easily, everyone's collection. And I gotta say, "what gives??" I can see a normal person having one, two, maybe even three machines (like an old classic, a 80's/90's classic, and a modern Stern) but there are tons of people on here who have 10, 20 or more pins! So, if you have more than 10 is it because a) you are a millionaire and have a giant house and no one tells you what to do, b) you are a professional and these games get routed and this is your income, c) your whole life and house is devoted to this hobby and you have no wife/family...? Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand how some one can have a few hundred thousand dollars worth of pinball machines and a family too.

I'm not sure what happened, I'm still trying to figure it out. But one thing is for sure... Mine are for public consumption.

#11152 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Wow I dig these stories but you all are also kind of scaring me! I love pinball and think these machines (mostly the older ones) are beautiful, but they are so big and heavy and I really don't want them to take over my life and my house! Maybe it's better for me they are not so cheap now because there is no way I could resist a classic under $1000 pin. My last hobby was tube audio and after buying up 6 or 7 amplifiers I forced myself to stop. (I've been selling them now, saving for a good pin). Right now I've just had my first pin (Time Warp) for about three months and the great thing is, since it's the only game, we all play it and are starting to get good at it, and really appreciate it as an older, simpler game. (what it's really training me at is pushing the machine around). I feel like if/when I buy a more exciting machine we will all abandon poor old Time Warp. Maybe I'll just keep a one pin at a time policy... Anyway, thanks for giving me a little insight into the depth of this disease!

Cant speak for for everyone but some of us have changed addictions from good times with lose women and great booze to pins. Cashing out on a older hobby helps also.

Having a family that shares interest in pinball helps and buying projects. I usual like to find pins that are cheaper then market to invest my time and rebuild with the family. But 80% of the time I would have been better off getting a market pin.

#11153 1 year ago
Quoted from Crans:

But 80% of the time I would have been better off getting a market pin.

bought, fixed up and sold a beater F-14 over the course of covid. it was a shit ton of work and a great learning experience, really made me respect the guys that maintain games and breathe life back in to old ones. it's not for me, though, i like playing games and not wrenching on them so i'd rather just build a collection of new games-that i now know how to maintain- slowly.

#11154 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand how some one can have a few hundred thousand dollars worth of pinball machines and a family too.

I have 6 in my garage right now. They fight for space with the nice bicycles my family rides.
I have 5 projects in a storage unit and a friend's house.
I have 2 machines on route.
The projects get moved in and out.
I've sold 25 or so games.
And I'm not a millionaire.
EDIT: I also sold off a nice collection of vintage SCUBA regulators recently, so I also swap out old hobbies for this. Pinball is something I can share with my family, so it works well.

#11155 1 year ago

Pins hold their value. It may take a lot to break into the hobby but after the initial investment it's way better than most hobbies. Of all the people I've met so far in this crazy lifestyle, I've noticed two common denominators. Intelligence and strong marriages. Good people to associate with for sure.

#11156 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972: Of all the people I've met so far in this crazy lifestyle, I've noticed two common denominators. Intelligence and strong marriages. Good people to associate with for sure.

My wife is super cool! So at least I have one of those denominators working for me.

#11157 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Maybe I'll just keep a one pin at a time policy

I like how you're already giving yourself an out here with the "Maybe"...

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Wow I dig these stories but you all are also kind of scaring me! I love pinball and think these machines (mostly the older ones) are beautiful, but they are so big and heavy and I really don't want them to take over my life and my house! Maybe it's better for me they are not so cheap now because there is no way I could resist a classic under $1000 pin. My last hobby was tube audio and after buying up 6 or 7 amplifiers I forced myself to stop. (I've been selling them now, saving for a good pin). Right now I've just had my first pin (Time Warp) for about three months and the great thing is, since it's the only game, we all play it and are starting to get good at it, and really appreciate it as an older, simpler game. (what it's really training me at is pushing the machine around). I feel like if/when I buy a more exciting machine we will all abandon poor old Time Warp. Maybe I'll just keep a one pin at a time policy... Anyway, thanks for giving me a little insight into the depth of this disease!

There’s no 1 way to hobby. Do what works best for you. Thankfully there are lots of good locations to play tons of games without owning them. We didn’t have that luxury a decade or so ago. Button Mash just reopened! If Echo Park isn’t too far from you, go play some games & have some drinks & tacos!

#11159 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

For the first 5-6 years of collecting, my policy was nothing over $600 which was what I paid for my first. Collected at least 10-12 machines that way include a Johnny Mnemonic, Cyclone, Night Rider, Genie, Space Mission. I got a Catacomb a year or so ago for $600. Flipper Football from my other brother Mike that one dude for 900. There are still deals out there ifn you don't need the latest and hottest.
Build inventory and trade up little by little.

For real man!

#11160 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Flipper Football from my other brother Mike that one dude for 900.

I'll always hook you up, brother!

#11161 1 year ago

I am selling a 1978 Lost World in Southern California for $1100. Playfield and cabinet have average wear but the backglass is flawless and stunning. No scratches, fading or flaking on the backglass. Everything works. New pop bumper caps (original caps included as well). The person before me added a button on the coin door to add credits instead of having to put coins in. Has the manual and schematics. I have many photos that i can send to anyone that is interested. Thanks!

#11162 1 year ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

I'll always hook you up, brother!

Same same here, Mang. You sure you don't want a Genie?

#11163 1 year ago

REALLY looking for an Escape from the Lost World or Interflip Dragon. Hoops? Heavy Metal Meltdown?
Longshot: One of them little bartop Micropins? Triple Action?

#11164 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Same same here, Mang. You sure you don't want a Genie?

If I had any space left, I might.

#11165 1 year ago
Quoted from fireball2:

REALLY looking for an Escape from the Lost World or Interflip Dragon. Hoops? Heavy Metal Meltdown?
Longshot: One of them little bartop Micropins? Triple Action?

Interflip Dragon is Phinley's next pin.

#11166 1 year ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Interflip Dragon is Phinley's next pin.

Not if I see it first! I'm still kicking mice elf for not snaking that Nip It before she did!

#11167 1 year ago

Just putting this out there... I see what's on the market... but ISO an affordable, players condition THE GETAWAY!

#11168 1 year ago

Anyone want a pool sharks, i will trade for a project, i also have a high speed in very nice condition i might trade for something

Quoted from JakeFAttie:

Just putting this out there... I see what's on the market... but ISO an affordable, players condition THE GETAWAY!

I have a nice high speed i would trade with a galaxy ranger.

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Anyone want a pool sharks, i will trade for a project, i also have a high speed in very nice condition i might trade for something

I have a nice high speed i would trade with a galaxy ranger.

I’m also looking to trade my high speed for a demo man, bride of Pinbot, pinbot, earth shaker, whirlwind, or pretty much any wpc game.

#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

I’m also looking to trade my high speed for a demo man, bride of Pinbot, pinbot, earth shaker, whirlwind, or pretty much any wpc game.

I've got a players condition working project Time Warp I'd trade for your High Speed (plus some cash on my end)....?

#11171 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

I've got a players condition working project Time Warp I'd trade for your High Speed (plus some cash on my end)....?

Not really interested in any game before the year 1986, what else do you have?

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

sorry, that's all I got!

#11173 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Quoted from JakeFAttie:

sorry, that's all I got!

Should be plenty of games and projects for sale at GSPF this weekend, see you both there!

#11174 1 year ago

Price drop to $13500 Open to offers. Also working on building an IG-11 topper which I will include with the sale

Bump.

I can deliver to GSPF this weekend if needed.

#11175 1 year ago

Posted this in the NorCal thread but figured I would add it here too:

Anyone interested in possibly taking over my spot for a Halloween CE? I had put down a deposit of $2000 last summer with Joe at Pinball Star. I would like to try to get that back, so I would be asking around that price to take my spot.

My game was #406, and I deferred for now. You might be able to get a game pretty quickly given that.

I had major house issues to take care of this year and now have bills to pay that need to take precedence over the game. If you're interested, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

#11176 1 year ago

HUO Mandalorian (Pro) w/Mods 6300

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “I have a minty HUO Mando Pro. It plays perfectly, without any errors. The upper playfield divert or works perfectly without any modifications. This game has the following mod...”
2022-05-14
Oakley, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 419 times

#11177 1 year ago

#11178 1 year ago

Sale pending pick up

Quoted from boogies:

HUO Mandalorian (Pro) w/Mods 6300

Machine - For Sale

The Mandalorian (Pro) w/Mods

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “I have a minty HUO Mando Pro.
It plays perfectly, without any errors.
The upper playfield divert or works perfectly without any modifications.

This game has the following mod...”

22 hours ago

Oakley, CA

boogies

6,100 (Firm)

Mark sale pending
Promo options
Edit ad
End ad listing

#11180 1 year ago

I have a beat the clock EM that came into my hands that I don’t have a lot of use for. Supposedly it works (I’m sure it has some issues) I haven’t plugged it in or down anything with it yet as I had a chewed up cord on it. $500 would take it if someone is interested.

#11181 1 year ago

Looking to trade for a Jurassic Park LE, With my CCR Le when it comes in.

If you are interested PM me with the details.

Thank You

#11182 1 year ago

Hello Everyone,

I was curious as to if anyone is bringing machines up from San Francisco area to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma and able to bring a pinball machine I recenlty bought from San Fransico up to near Tacoma area. I'm willing to Negotiate a price on shipping if my machine is able to tag along with yours. Let me know, would love to work out a deal! Thank you!

#11183 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Hello Everyone,
I was curious as to if anyone is bringing machines up from San Francisco area to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma and able to bring a pinball machine I recenlty bought from San Fransico up to near Tacoma area. I'm willing to Negotiate a price on shipping if my machine is able to tag along with yours. Let me know, would love to work out a deal! Thank you!

Hi, I live in Eugene Oregon. If you can get it here I can bring it to the show as I will be attending it.

#11184 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Hi, I live in Eugene Oregon. If you can get it here I can bring it to the show as I will be attending it.

Thanks for the reply @mikespinball, unfortunately I'll be neededing it shipped from a resident in San Fran, see you at the show!

#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from Kingjowjow:

Thanks for the reply Mikespinball, unfortunately I'll be neededing it shipped from a resident in San Fran, see you at the show!

I'm headed to Salem towards the end of June to do some apartment hunting for my son. Was planning to take my Fat Mobile instead of my Pin Wagon but if the timing was right I could possibly make this happen. Send me a pm and I will give you my number.

J
Fat J's Pin Wagon
Santa Cruz

#11186 1 year ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm headed to Salem towards the end of June to do some apartment hunting for my son. Was planning to take my Fat Mobile instead of my Pin Wagon but if the timing was right I could possibly make this happen. Send me a pm and I will give you my number.
J
Fat J's Pin Wagon
Santa Cruz

Do you mean end of May? As the show is at the beginning of June.

#11187 1 year ago

Anyone have a Monday night football they would trade for a pool sharks? I can add some cash depending on condition.

#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Do you mean end of May? As the show is at the beginning of June.

Sorry. I'm not heading that way until the last week of June. Bummer. On the bright side my Fat Mobile has that new robot steering and adaptive cruise so that makes the trip way easier on me by allowing me to catch a quick nap every now and then...

J
Fat J's Pin Wagon
Santa Cruz

#11189 1 year ago

Looking for a Demolition Man. If anyone has one they might consider selling or possibly trading please let me know. Thanks!

#11190 1 year ago

I have a Stranger Things Pro with topper, shooter Rod, inside art blades, UV kit, titan glow rubbers, two lit car mods.

Game is in 10 out of 10 condition. Always in a home. $8000 firm.

#11192 1 year ago

We're moving and I'm shrinking my collection. High Speed for sale. I will also list Dr. Who and Twilight Zone in the next week.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
High Speed Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Players condition High Speed for sale. Partially restored by previous owner, who installed a playfield overlay, clear ramp, new plastics. The Good - Plays great - Comet LEDs th...”
2022-05-20
Gauting, BY
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 358 times
Contributed to Pinside

#11193 1 year ago
Quoted from waveman:

We're moving and I'm shrinking my collection. High Speed for sale. I will also list Dr. Who and Twilight Zone in the next week.

I don’t know why but high speeds price hasn’t increased with pinflation. Thank god because I wouldn’t have gotten one if the price increased to something like 6000$

Machine - For Sale

High Speed

Archived

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Players condition High Speed for sale. Partially restored by previous owner, who installed a playfield overlay, clear ramp, new plastics.

The Good
- Plays great
- Comet LEDs th...”

2022-05-20

San Jose, CA

waveman

Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 358 times

Contributed to Pinside

#11194 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

I don’t know why but high speeds price hasn’t increased with pinflation. Thank god because I wouldn’t have gotten one if the price increased to something like 6000$

Nah, there's pinflation for High Speed too -- pinside suggested $2300 as the average sale price... we all would have made fun of such a high price a few years back.

I know I've been selling my machines somewhat under current market value. But I'm happy to report that I sold High Speed to a new pinsider as their first pin.

#11195 1 year ago
Quoted from waveman:

I'm happy to report that I sold High Speed to a new pinsider as their first pin.

Frickin Awesome!
Love that it went to a New Pin owner.

#11196 1 year ago

Looking for a Congo, looking for something that needs to be restored. Thanks Mike

#11197 1 year ago

Machine - For Trade
Centaur Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “CENTAUR!!! This game is a blast, and a holy grail for many wish lists. New backglass, New playfield, new led digital displays, new say-it-again daughter board, new drop targets,...”
2022-06-16
Pasadena, CA
Trade
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 988 times

Looking for outright sale, or trades + cash, I'm interested in a lot of games: Black Hole, Haunted House, Frontier, Eclipse, Asteroid Annie, XFiles, Fathom, Alien Poker (for a retheming project), Cybernaut, Stargazer, Elvira and the Party Monsters, Space Shuttle

#11198 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Looking for a Congo, looking for something that needs to be restored. Thanks Mike

Let’s find Mike a Congo!

#11199 1 year ago

Looking for a nice Williams Slugfest somewhere along Sly Fox’s route.

#11200 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Let’s find Mike a Congo!

I sold mine like 3 years ago. You snooze you lose, Mikey!

There are 12,707 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/224?hl=thomas3184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.