(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 255.
#9951 3 years ago

Depends on the distributor. You can call around and ask. If sales to california are under a certain threshold then no tax. Of course nothing wrong with supporting local.

#9952 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Depends on the distributor. You can call around and ask. If sales to california are under a certain threshold then no tax. Of course nothing wrong with supporting local.

You may not get charged by the distrib, but the state gets copies of receipts from anything big and heavy arriving here...they may contact you and make you pay “Use Tax”. I got hit with that on 2 games when I was still a NIB maniac.

#9953 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You may not get charged by the distrib, but the state gets copies of receipts from anything big and heavy arriving here...they may contact you and make you pay “Use Tax”. I got hit with that on 2 games when I was still a NIB maniac.

You and me both, brotha.

That sucked hard.

#9954 3 years ago

So best case no tax, worst case normal tax as if bought in california? Seems like a safe bet.

#9955 3 years ago

Any chance Chris comes over to Phoenix or even Tucson ?

#9956 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Any chance Chris comes over to Phoenix or even Tucson ?

Cant hurt to ask

#9957 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Cant hurt to ask

Anyone have his contact #
Thanks

#9959 3 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

Chris Fox 209-403-8871

Thanks guys

#9960 3 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:Chris Fox 209-403-8871

Do you still use and recommend Chris?

I remember this post from you a few years ago:

Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I know a lot of you have used Chris from Sly Fox shipping and have had a lot of good things to say about him.
My experience wasn't so good. I called him on August 31st about picking up an Addams Family pinball machine from northern California and delivering it to southern California. He quoted $300.00 which was higher than I expected based on what other people said they had paid. That is just barely cheaper than NAVL in which the machine would be insured but I thought I would give him a try.
He let me know in advance that he wasn't going to be traveling the weekend of 8th and 9th and couldn't bring it until the following weekend.
He didn't contact the customer for several days so I called him to see when he would be picking up the machine which he replied he would pick it up in the next couple days. The customer called me a week later and said they hadn't heard from him. I contacted him again and he said he would call her that afternoon. Three days later the customer still hadn't heard from him and was concerned because she was moving.
The following day he picked up the game. He showed up at the customers house at 6:30pm with his Mother to help him.
For those of you that have met Chris you know he weighs probably less that 150 pounds and doesn't really strike you as being an equipment mover. Chris asked for a wrench and a screwdriver to remove the legs and removed the topper because he wasn't aware of how to fold the back box down on a pinball machine so he wanted to remove the topper. I was told his Mom picked up the machine while he removed one leg and set the corner of the machine down on the customers leather chair which put a hole in the seat of her cushion. Chris and his Mom proceeded to remove the other legs and somehow Chris struggled to get the machine to his trailer. The customer said he "slammed the machine down on the floor of his trailer" which she was concerned about.
When Chris arrived at my home on Saturday I helped him get the pinball machine out of his trailer. The bottom of the machine was laying on the bottom of his trailer and the bottom of the machine was chewed up in places where it had been slid around on its bottom. I saw there wasn't a topper and asked him about it and he said he had to remove it because it wouldn't make it out of the customers garage and that he had never seen a topper that was held on with screws and that he has only seen toppers with velcro int he past. He isn't a pinball guy needless to say.
Chris is a super nice guy and I know he did his best and there was no significant damage to the game. I am not trying to talk bad about him but just wanted people to know of my experience so that if you need a prized machine moved, he might not be the guy.

#9961 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I’m not going to say that story didn’t happen, but from the sounds of it that was when Chris was new to moving pins and wasn’t experienced with them. Not sure how old that story is but I’ve used Chris to more no less then 50 at this point in time and never had any issues. Everyone of my games had been blanket and plastic wrapped and never had any damage. I know a few guys do have a few stories that aren’t great but I have nothing but good things to say about him.

#9962 3 years ago

I’ve used Chris several times and same with my partner nothing but top notch! I will say his technique is much better breaking down and protecting our precious toys than when he first started. I will only use him moving forward.

#9963 3 years ago

I'll say I've had Chris move at least 5 pins for me from NorCal to SoCal, and he's moved pins from me to others with zero issues. He wraps them up well, obviously I helped him and even gave suggestions early on where needed.

Sure, he's not a big strong dude, so you should lend a hand to him and not sit back and drink a blended margarita with one of those fruity umbrellas in it and watch him move the pin.. help him lol

Let me tell you that he told me a story once.. the guy will risk his life to save your pins, no joke.

He told me he had to park overnight somewhere in the middle of nowhere, and he didn't trust leaving the truck and trailer in the parking lot unattended of a hotel there.

So he slept inside the damn trailer with the 2x pins he was transporting. He said in the middle of the night he heard some noises, and turns out someone was trying to break into the trailer. From what it sounds like Chris has his CCW and apparently the guy(s) opened the door to the trailer and were looking down the barrel of one of the most effective security systems you can own and they bolted.

The machines arrived as expected.

#9964 3 years ago

Chris is TALL and slight of build. Not the ideal frame for pin moving. The first time he showed up to move a pin for me I helped him. This last time (a few weeks ago), he politely declined the help. Likely Covid caution, which is totally understandable. I’ll keep offering my help. Pins are heavy. No sense risking damage to a game or a human if it can be reasonably avoided. Super nice guy, btw.

#9965 3 years ago

Chris has always been super careful and efficient when he has picked up and delivered games for me. He preps them like a collector and then moves them like an operator. Blanket, plastic, back legs off, tilt, front legs off, hand truck, rinse, repeat.
The last time I used him he went to a craigslist sellers home and paid out of pocket for an arcade cabinet then brought it to me and we settled up when he arrived. It was a solo trip for him, 6 hours or more time and travel and he charged me 125. I gave him 200. He solid gold, we are very lucky to have him here on the best coast. He deserves some of the credit for how awesome our game rooms are out here.

#9966 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So he slept inside the damn trailer with the 2x pins he was transporting.

It's probably safe to say that he wasn't transporting Hercules or Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash.

Quoted from kpg:

He said in the middle of the night he heard some noises, and turns out someone was trying to break into the trailer.

I would've rolled over and gone back to sleep had the pins been Hercules or Bugs Bunny's Birthday Bash.

#9967 3 years ago

Considering moving my HUO (2nd owner) Deadpool Pro with shaker, Stern art blades, and speaker lights. If anyone's looking feel free to PM.

#9968 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Considering moving my HUO (2nd owner) Deadpool Pro with shaker, Stern art blades, and speaker lights. If anyone's looking feel free to PM.

Where were you two months ago??

GLWS!!

#9969 3 years ago

I am selling my remaining 2 racing arcades. I converted them to PS3's with 27" smart TVs, wired in the surround sound to a receiver and added a sub woofer and shaker with independent controls. Higher end racing wheels and pedals. Really slick machines, just don't have the space in my current configurations. Pretty sure I spent about $1k each to build them at the time, but only asking $500 total for the pair. I need them to move quickly! You'll need some muscle to move them and REALLY should rent a truck with a liftgate or AT LEAST a ramp to get them where ever you are taking them. Make me an offer. Trade me something for them. Please come and get them lol. Pm and I can text pics and video. You can see them briefly in this video:

#9970 3 years ago

Cool video

#9971 3 years ago

I'm getting ready to post up a Rob Zombie with powder coated armor by the pinball refinery. Also Has Medisinyl mods that are no longer available. Interactive backbox, speaker and under cab lighting by Kim. $6k in Reno

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/112932

#9972 3 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:I am selling my remaining 2 racing arcades. I converted them to PS3's with 27" smart TVs, wired in the surround sound to a receiver and added a sub woofer and shaker with independent controls. Higher end racing wheels and pedals. Really slick machines, just don't have the space in my current configurations. Pretty sure I spent about $1k each to build them at the time, but only asking $500 total for the pair. I need them to move quickly! You'll need some muscle to move them and REALLY should rent a truck with a liftgate or AT LEAST a ramp to get them where ever you are taking them. Make me an offer. Trade me something for them. Please come and get them lol. Pm and I can text pics and video. You can see them briefly in this video:

That was an awesome video.

#9973 3 years ago

Sort of getting the itch for a GOT Pro or Prem (maybe LE?) locally. Have a pristine single owner HUO IMDN Pro as trade bait. Hit me up.

#9974 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Where were you two months ago??
GLWS!!

I was playing Deadpool! Still have it if anyone is interested.

Also looking for an NBA Fastbreak, preferably in SoCal but willing to ship from elsewhere with Chris Fox. If anyone is looking to change things up shoot me a PM!

#9975 3 years ago

Looking to make some room so I’m selling my Tales from the Crypt soon. PM me if interested!

#9976 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Chris brings me pins a couple times a month. Usually they are cabinets I'm restoring for others.
He has definitely learned over the years and he wraps everything very well.
He's as nice as they come. I would recommend him.

#9977 3 years ago

I have a Rick and Morty Bloodsuckers Edition with some upgrades. Hilarious, cool game, but I would be willing to trade it toward an Elvira LE, Star Wars Comic Art Premium or possibly a Star Trek LE. Any example would have to be in HUO condition with no defects, and we could obviously make the deal even with cash. I can drive right to you, if you are in the Southern California area. I also have a TNA I would consider trading, as well. Thanks!

#9978 3 years ago

Lowered my TMNT LE to $8400. Considering it's barely played, immaculate condition, and has about $200 in mods it's probably one of the best deals out there for one.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my TMNT LE #10 Has only a couple hundred plays or so, bought it NIB for $9500 delivered to my door. I ordered a virtual pin months ago and it's supposed to show up soon, ...”
2021-03-26
Coto De Caza, CA
8,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 438 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9979 3 years ago

Looking to trade for WOZ RR HUO or Wonka CE HUO.

SoCal only please.

Avalible titles,
Hobbit smog addition HUO
ST LE with mods and the pig psu mirror blades HUO
Tron pro chromed by Mike Chesnutt, many mods installed,pig, speaker upgrade HUO.
Cash one side or the other depending on title..

#9980 3 years ago

I would like to find something nice in trade for my Alien SE by Heighway. New upgraded xenomorph head installed and the old one will be included with a box box of spare parts that I hoarded off pinball life. Mylar since day one over playfield screen. No broken plastics or face huggers. Beacons topper added. Plays great. No issues. I will be ready to trade in late May or early June. I have a couple of interesting offers already but not for any my grail games as of yet. Plus or minus cash as needed. Looking for:
Elvira 2 or 3
Indiana Jones ( you know the one)
Rick and Morty
Fathom (restored condition)

Or really anything else you think I might like.
Thx

PS I'm only trading because I have a remake arriving soon and I'm 90% sure I will want to keep it vs the original based on some new features.

#9981 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Indiana Jones ( you know the one)

The Stern one.

Got it.

#9982 3 years ago

I also have a restored, collector quality Getaway with chrome and all the mods and an AMAZING Data East 'Jurassic Park' with a CLEAN playfield and MANY cool mods including the hard to find opening park gate. It's a jaw-dropper in person. Both are very special examples of these titles. ...just trying to pry an HUO Elvira LE out of a collection. I can come to you!

#9983 3 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

The Stern one.
Got it.

Most definitely! I could never really get into the earlier flicks but Crystal Skull really buttered my popcorn. Plus I'm not really looking to trade a wide body for another wide body.

#9984 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Most definitely! I could never really get into the earlier flicks but Crystal Skull really buttered my popcorn. Plus I'm not really looking to trade a wide body for another wide body.

Man...I missed this place during the outage!

#9985 3 years ago

Hi,
Anyone have or know of a local (to SoCal) The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends for sale? If I find one for the right price, I'm pretty sure I can talk the Mrs into it.

Thanks for looking!

#9986 3 years ago

If it doesn't sell, try Craigslist. If doesn't sell, try Facebook. If it doesn't sell, try Offer Up. If it still doesn't sell, lower the Fu##ing Price!

#9987 3 years ago

Looking for an old Bally cabinet (1979 - 1985). I would like to make a template for new cabs so I don't care about it working or what kind of shape it is in.. Thanks!

#9988 3 years ago

Looking for a tron pro in northern or southern CA. PM me if you have one for sale.

#9989 3 years ago

Oktoberfest or Wonka LE are other games for which I would trade. Again...I have a restored Getaway, pimped DE Jurassic Park and a Total Nuclear Annihilation to offer in trade, and I can add cash to the right deal. I can come to you, Southern California. Thanks.

#9990 3 years ago

I am going to list my JJP Guns & Roses LE #0351 soon. Unboxed where it sits, never had the slightest issue, as mint as it gets. Under 240 games played.

I am not trying to make a profit, so I will sell if for what I paid for: $10,500 and it will probably sell in a matter of minutes. Figured I give someone local a chance to pick it up before I put it up in the classifieds.

Thanks!

#9991 3 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

I am going to list my JJP Guns & Roses LE #0351 soon. Unboxed where it sits, never had the slightest issue, as mint as it gets. Under 240 games played.
I am not trying to make a profit, so I will sell if for what I paid for: $10,500 and it will probably sell in a matter of minutes. Figured I give someone local a chance to pick it up before I put it up in the classifieds.
Thanks!

It wasn't $9500 when you bought it?

#9992 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It wasn't $9500 when you bought it?

Yes... plus shipping and and didn't even add all of the tax I was charged, just a bit.

#9993 3 years ago

delete

#9994 3 years ago

The GNR is sold pending pickup - thanks!

#9995 3 years ago

Hey gang, if anyone in the LA area is coming to Vegas in the near future, and will have some room in their vehicle, to bring a WPC game up here from the Corona area, please PM me! Reasonable compensation negotiable!

Update: It looks like Chris Fox is going to help me out on this, I didn't know if he even went to Vegas!

#9996 3 years ago

Have a ToM that I'm looking to trade for something else. Cash +/- Interested in

StT Prem
Tron Pro
Elvira Prem
GoTG Prem

#9997 3 years ago

If anyone is interested, have a TSPP up for sale:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As is - “This TSPP was bought in 2011 from an operator. Thoroughly cleaned out, issues fixed and maintained since then. Playfield is in very nice shape. The cabinet has a few scuffs and a c...”
2021-04-11
Sherman Oaks, CA
5,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 804 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9998 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Looking for a tron pro in northern or southern CA. PM me if you have one for sale.

If I can find a WOZ or Wonka and they prefer cash Tron will be up FS

#9999 3 years ago

I have TNA for sale $5900. Not looking to ship. Making room for another pin. Please PM if interested. Thanks!

#10000 3 years ago

Hey everyone

Do you have a Stern Flight 2K just sitting around? Perhaps an old project you never got around to? Well I'm really looking to purchase one. An unrestored players condition would be best. PM me if you have one that you're willing to let go. I'll come to you. I'm located in Reno.

Cheers

There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/200?hl=wayinla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.