(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 255.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

someone talk me into reserving that genesis

I took a close look at that one. But hey, -you- are the Gottlieb man!

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There will definitely be 2 machines that will be shipping to The Flipper Room. If anyone else in the Bay Area wants to pick up at my place in the attempt to save/group some costs, let me know.
Mike

When the time comes, check in with me. By the time the container arrives, I might make a trip and transport run out that way.

#9153 3 years ago

Hello,everybody;I have a very nice Bally Star Time from 1972 up for grabs! Works perfect,all original,only negative is the "Game Over " lite won't go out! $600.local pick up or U pay shipping.will donate to Pinside if sold here,Thanks!!! Have fun,B safe!!

#9154 3 years ago

Anyone interested in a Black Knight 2000 located near Palo Alto (between San Jose and San Francisco)?

this is the standard "I'm selling for a friend" post, but I'll be checking it out and replacing rubber this week.

initial look-over is the mylar has done it's job protecting the ink, but there's a few spots with small mylar blisters. There's playfield wear at top of orbit under the upper playfield - not visible, but it needs to be dealt with as the wood is wearing.

I'd prefer to sell it to someone who knows what they are doing - especially if they want to remove the mylar - otherwise I'll have to deal with the playfield wear before putting it on craigslist or wherever ... and I cleverly left all my supplies for that at the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse in March.

I haven't looked at pricing yet. I assume it's $2K+. If anyone PM's me (or email [email protected]), I'll get motivated to go over the game and take pictures

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have a very nice Bally Star Time from 1972

I can't find this pin in the database. Can you post a picture?

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

He mistyped, its space time

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/space-time

I have played it, its pretty fun (this is from someone who doesnt play a lot of em's)

#9157 3 years ago

Looking for a CFTBL in CA. Thanks guys

#9158 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

He mistyped, its space time
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/space-time
I have played it, its pretty fun (this is from someone who doesnt play a lot of em's)

hawkmoon is good people too. Buy with confidence

#9159 3 years ago

Because of some family reasons Im going to be listing a couple of my games. Star Wars Premium (Original Art), has a couple small mods. 6800.00 with Stern Topper, 6400 without topper. Munsters Premium (Color) had a few mods. 6700 with Stern Topper, 6500 without topper. Bought both brand new, low plays on both, mylared shooter lanes before first ball played. Firm on price with toppers. Would like something cheaper to fill the space these will leave, but only interested in possibly a Roadshow plus cash on either. Will list on Pinside market soon.

#9160 3 years ago

just a quick question:

Does anyone here "sell for a friend" for other items? Do you sell a car for some guy at work? I just don't get this one.

#9161 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Looking for a CFTBL in CA. Thanks guys

There's that import list that has a few cftbl on it.

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

There's that import list that has a few cftbl on it.

Thanks for the heads up on that. There are some really good prices, but there are already multiple people on the reserve list to buy them.

#9163 3 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

There are some really good prices, but there are already multiple people on the reserve list to buy them.

The vendor is adding another 50 or so games to the list shortly. Keep an eye out. They should be available before the sale, so you might get lucky.

#9164 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

The vendor is adding another 50 or so games to the list shortly. Keep an eye out. They should be available before the sale, so you might get lucky.

This is a true statement! Also, the time between list update ad order finalization will be pretty short. As soon as I get work it's updated, I'll post here.

#9165 3 years ago

The best deals for the import container have already been reserved. What’s left is the bottom of the barrel.

#9166 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The best deals for the import container have already been reserved. What’s left is the bottom of the barrel.

As I mentioned, there is another batch of machines being added to the list right now. So, in addition to what is left on the original list, there will be new machines added. Looks like a couple of Monster Bash's, NBA FB, another SS, just based on the video I saw. Lots more I couldn't ID. I'm waiting for the updated list.

#9167 3 years ago

Selling my restored Centaur, located in Nor Cal in Folsom. Possibly open to trades but prefer straight sale.

Machine - For Sale
Centaur Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Selling my mostly restored Centaur pinball machine. Cabinet has been repainted and turned out very nice, LED displays, CPR playfield (from their last Centaur run), CPR mirrored pla...”
2020-06-24
Folsom, CA
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 174 times

#9168 3 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

As I mentioned, there is another batch of machines being added to the list right now. So, in addition to what is left on the original list, there will be new machines added. Looks like a couple of Monster Bash's, NBA FB, another SS, just based on the video I saw. Lots more I couldn't ID. I'm waiting for the updated list.

And of those new games being added, will the best deals be picked off by the organizers before they even show up on the list?

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And of those new games being added, will the best deals be picked off by the organizers before they even show up on the list?

Taking the best deals is the reward for doing the legwork and taking the risk of buying a container of pins.

#9170 3 years ago

Latest on the list. Looks like the supplier is adding 5 machines a day because it takes him time to setup each machine, take pics and video of game play then break it back down and start over with another machine. Today's adds:Whirlwind, Striker Xtreme, AD/DC Pro, WWF Royal Rumble, Terminator 3. If you're interested, hop on the list and reserve your choice. I don't plan on posting here daily, just know that the list should be updated roughly each day for roughly a week.

#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The organizer is trying to get people to stick with their original machines to avoid changes while they work out the last details(note: I am not an organizer, just a purchaser), but I got into the deal towards the end and found several nice deals that I will be happy with.

#9172 3 years ago

Up for trade player's condition Pharaoh, +/- cash ok.
https://br80.smugmug.com/For-Trade-Pharaoh/

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Have a pair of projects i looking to move. Have a gold wings and rescue 911. Both games are complete and in overall good shape (gold wings is in better shape then rescue 911). Both games turn on, however do not boot up. I havent looked or messed with anything, figured i would try to move them at a decent price for the pair of them. $2000 for the pair. If interested you can pm me for pix.

Still have these. If anyone is interested price drop to $1800 for the pair.

#9174 3 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Taking the best deals is the reward for doing the legwork and taking the risk of buying a container of pins.

And I have no problem with that. Just pointing out that the rest of us are being recruited to subsidize the organizers shipping costs is all. And also to point out, that there is the risk for everyone else of buying sight unseen. I looked at the list and didn’t see any deals worth taking that risk. Those deals, if they existed, are long gone. The days of great deals on container reimports were about 10 to 20 years ago.

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I have no problem with that. Just pointing out that the rest of us are being recruited to subsidize the organizers shipping costs is all. And also to point out, that there is the risk for everyone else of buying sight unseen. I looked at the list and didn’t see any deals worth taking that risk. Those deals, if they existed, are long gone. The days of great deals on container reimports were about 10 to 20 years ago.

Do you know the" organizers"? Have you dealt with them personally? I have, nobody is subsidising nothing, please relax.

#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just pointing out that the rest of us are being recruited to subsidize the organizers shipping costs is all. And also to point

No one is recruiting you. And it's not sight unseen, though obviously we're not examining them in person. I don't expect to be losing money, but I'm also not trying to buy games to make a killing, either. The difference in shipping looks to me to be pretty negligible. If the deals don't grab you, cool beans. I had to think about my choices, too.

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Do you know the" organizers"? Have you dealt with them personally? I have, nobody is subsidising nothing, please relax.

I’m totally chill man. You seem a little upset that I dare express my concerns.
I don’t know the organizers (and I certainly don’t trust the European sellers). Therefore, shouldn’t I have the right to question the details of an out of state container deal that was brought into a California for sale thread? I would like to think that as a native to the state who bought his first games in the 1990s and has been a member of Pinside for over 8 years that I have earned that right. But I suppose I could be mistaken and I still have a few more years to put in.

#9178 3 years ago

Well that escalated quickly. Sit back and watch the purchase go down and watch us extend the olive branch out again on the next container. It's all good. I did that exact thing for the last 2 containers just to feel it out. If there's a deal you want to pull the trigger on then cool, if not then that's cool too. Is it cheaper shipping to buy a full container...... obviously. Not sure that means the organizers are giving you the leftovers. To be honest, the organizer sticks his neck out and puts in a lot of work and capital and actually doesn't gouge anyone. Again, watch a couple containers go through and keep an eye out for something you may want if it suits you. Maybe the conversion to Euro will turn in our favor at that point and make it an even better deal. Good luck!

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

Well that escalated quickly. Sit back and watch the purchase go down and watch us extend the olive branch out again on the next container.

I hope you don’t interpret it as escalating quickly on my end or that an olive branch needs to be extended. Unfortunately it is difficult to convey context on a forum. I hope the deal goes smoothly for everyone.

#9180 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

just a quick question:

Does anyone here "sell for a friend" for other items? Do you sell a car for some guy at work? I just don't get this one.

I have a hard enough time dealing with assholes selling my own shit, but if a friend paid me enough, I might consider it.

#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have a hard enough time dealing with assholes selling my own shit, but if a friend paid me enough, I might consider it.

I've done connection style stuff before("if you guys are interested in X, contact my friend here..."). Listing a sale on pinside from a non-pinsider seems to me to be about the same thing.

#9182 3 years ago

I keep getting excited that there are games for sale and it’s just this container chat.

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I keep getting excited that there are games for sale and it’s just this container chat.

Yes, I remember early on getting bounced from this thread and another friend getting permanently ejected for going "slightly off topic".

#9184 3 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Please bear in mind that the preliminary shipping quote is always higher.i ended up paying $180 last time when everything was said and done.

How did you get your game to NorCal and how much time do you have to make pickup or delivery arrangements?

#9185 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

How did you get your game to NorCal and how much time do you have to make pickup or delivery arrangements?

They will give you plenty of time and then some, they'll never Rush or stress you about it.at least that was my experience.
A pinsider on here named high voltage brought it here for a modest fee.very nice guy.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I remember early on getting bounced from this thread and another friend getting permanently ejected for going "slightly off topic".

Yeah, I got permanently banned from the Coronavirus thread for the same thing. I never did get a response on what was so terrible about posting a link to Murph from Union 76 fame.

Which reminds me. Did you ever find that Williams Thunderbird you were searching for Odin?

#9187 3 years ago

Looking for a beautiful original or restored Funhouse in SoCal. If you have one for sale please contact me.

#9188 3 years ago

For those interested, the container list was just revised with more games.

#9189 3 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

Looking for a beautiful original or restored Funhouse in SoCal. If you have one for sale please contact me.

Chris at Elite pinball down in Alpine area of San Diego has a gorgeous FH.

#9190 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Chris at Elite pinball down in Alpine area of San Diego has a gorgeous FH.

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! I love what I do everyday!!!

#9191 3 years ago

Thinking of selling my Elvira LE #133, great game but I'm doing so much Twitch lately that I just haven't been using it much anymore. 299 plays, mint, has the Stern updated back door shot kit installed as well as the left side of the house piece replacement part from Stern installed. Don't need to sell it but if someone else is interested I'd rather it get some use, hit me up if you're local and interested, no shipping.

#9192 3 years ago

Listing a few of my games on Pinside market. Star Wars Premium (Original Art), has a couple small mods, 6800.00 with Stern Topper, 6400 without topper. Munsters Premium (Color) had a few mods, 6700 with Stern Topper, 6500 without topper. Monster Bash Classic with color chip, Williams speaker panel and Williams translite, 6250.00. Bought all brand new, low plays on all, mylared shooter lanes before first ball played. Firm on price on SW and Munsters with toppers. Would like something cheaper to fill the space these will leave, but only interested in possibly a Roadshow or Iron Maiden Pro plus cash on any of them. Possibly Addams? Can ship if needed, but pick-up preferred.

#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

@vicjw66, as the organizer, I want you to know that I only did that once on a Bonzia Run I really wanted .
No seriously, just a little joke.

Letting others on the list that we have up here know in advance only happens the very 1st time we start the buy, or when we add a whole bunch of games.
After that, when I add a couple games (like the 5 a day the overseas seller adds), unless I happen to be giving an update to people that have already reserved games, its fair game. The only time I tend to give a heads up to people is if for some reason they lost out on a particular game (like the seller already sold it before I could reserve it).

Getting different people (new people that come along) a fair shot at games at a good deal is something that we struggle with every time, me personally more then others. We do this to "bring in more games to our collections, the Northwest and to continue to grow our pinball scene and community." The same people buying all the best deals doesn't really do that. What I have found is that everyone is looking for a great deal, on a set of games they want. There are older EM game people, there are new Stern people, there are people looking for that one game they have been looking for years for, there are people that want more games to route, there are people like me that for some reason want projects. These buys are not for everyone, and I have even talked people out of buying if I think they are getting in over their heads (this is the first machine I am buying, ah, no its not <g>.

One last thing I wanted to add. It was mentioned that we are recruiting people to help subsidize the shipping cost. This is me being nitpicky (and not mad about it), but there is no recruiting being done. Someone that has been part of a buy in the past posted it here since he in moving to your area.

And the shipping costs. The shipping cost of a 40 foot container is roughly $7k. It will hold a max of 50 machines. Fill it all the way, and it is $140 a machine. Put 40 in, and it is $175. With only 30 games, we probably go a 20 foot container, which oddly enough only lowers the shipping costs to roughly $6400. So 30 machines makes it $213. So while I will say that bringing in extra people and machines will lower the shipping costs for everyone, if everyone is buying 2 machines, each person saves at most $75 a machine. It is savings, but not a huge savings.

#9194 3 years ago
Quoted from ElkGrovePinball:

I have lots of extra room to store games. My only rule, if it is a game I havnt seen before, it might just get unwrapped, setup, power converted, and tried out <g>

I leave shipping and getting the games to everyone their job. I will galdly help on my end, put game on pallet, wrap games, be here when someone wants to pick it up, etc. I just wont make arrangements for everything.

I've been known to deliver games locally to Seattle area, and even met people half way to Portland. I'm easy (my wife hates that part of me).

One way I did check on for someone in California was Amtrak. Since Seattle is a major hub for them, and has a loading doc, and they have a train that goes down the coast, they would ship as long as it was on a pallet. Sacramento and La were 2 destinations they could deliver to. And the price was scary good. I'm not sure they still do this, but might be worth checking out.

#9195 3 years ago

I was feeling a little "container chat" deprived. Thank you for the fix.

#9196 3 years ago

Gilligans Island $2500
Polished, waxed playfield, new clear rubber, new balls, 100% Led’s, fade on sideart. Works 100%

Andrew

#9197 3 years ago

I've got a Bally Old Chicago & Williams Blackout for sale.

OC is players condition but works perfectly. Never had an issue with it. Mylared playfield, nice backglass, some cabinet wear. Kept it original as possible considering it's an EM. $1500

BO is a nice example. Fully mylared playfield, reproduction mirrored backglass, Comet LEDs throughout, titan rubbers, Rottendog MPU, etc. $2000

I'll post a sale ad when I get the chance. Just figured I'd mention before the holiday weekend. PM me if you're interested & I can get you some pics.

#9199 3 years ago
Quoted from Slackmoe:

Gilligans Island $2500
Polished, waxed playfield, new clear rubber, new balls, 100% Led’s, fade on sideart. Works 100%
Andrew

I'm your man! Sending you a DM

#9200 3 years ago

A friend of mine is looking to purchase a GOTG Pro if anyone is interested in selling theirs - PM me with a price!

There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.