(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 254.
#9051 3 years ago

Welcome to page 182 Buckaroos!!!

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Deadpool LE #97 bought NIB back in November 2018. 622 lifetime plays as of today June 2nd 2020. Has upgraded chrome throwing star pop caps, as well as a custom sculpt Deadpool sho...”
2020-06-03
Placentia, CA
7,900 (Firm)
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 351 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9052 3 years ago

Escalera Staircat motorized stair climbing dolly service.
Starting next week I'm considering offering up my services to move pinball machines for folks that have 2 story houses, or other scenarios that need machines moved up and down staircases.
Time is money, the machine wasn't cheap.
Also considering my radius to travel, maybe 100 miles.
I have the big plate. Cant include pics here.
Look for my Ad in marketplace next week with many pics.
Trying to figure out pricing.
Love some ideas and input.
Just did a stone staircase on uneven ground. Was so very happy how well it went.
Out of work for several more months. So i figured its time to create new work.

#9053 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Escalara Staircat service.
Starting next week I'm considering offering up my services to move pinball machines for folks that have 2 story houses, or other scenarios that need machines moved up and down staircases.
Time is money, the machine wasn't cheap.
Also considering my radius to travel, maybe 100 miles.
I have the big plate. Cant include pics here.
Look for my Ad in marketplace next week with many pics.
Trying to figure out pricing.
Love some ideas and input.
Just did a stone staircase on uneven ground. Was so very happy how well it went.
Out of work for several more months. So i figured its time to create new work.

It occurs to me that if you are looking to create a side business you should think of your Escalera as a tool that you can use in your business instead of limiting your work to just delivering and running the Escalera.

For example:
Pin relocation local, (pickup, delivery and setup.)
Pin disassembly, moving and packing/palletizing for shipment.
Pin moving and setup
Pin moving on site only
Pin evaluation ("Hey man will you go check out this pin I am looking at and tell me if it is worth it?")

Prices are per service, per machine, $50 minimum.

Soldiering and un-soldiering $20 (if you just soldier it, then it is still $20 since you will need to leave the ratchet strap and materials with the machine)

Mileage is extra:
Maybe:
25 miles or less one way included.
25 - 50 miles one way $20.
50 - 100 miles one way $50

Extra fee for rush job and weird hours.

Are you willing to do some tech work if the machine doesn't fire up when setup, will this be included or an extra fee?

A couple more thoughts:
Bring and only use your own tools.
Don't loan your tools.
Don't work for tips/don't accept tips.
Set your prices fairly (don't cheat yourself) and don't do contingency's (cases where you get extra work based on your own recommendation. If you are evaluating a machine, tell the person you are evaluating it for what you think it is worth and if it is in good shape, not whether or not they should buy it.)
Be upfront about who bears the risk of damage. Will you make the customer whole if the machine is damaged by you and or your equipment? What if you are transporting a pin and your vehicle gets T-boned? Who is responsible for the machine in this case?

#9054 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It occurs to me that if you are looking to create a side business you should think of your Escalera as a tool that you can use in your business instead of limiting your work to just delivering and running the Escalera.
For example:
Pin relocation local, (pickup, delivery and setup.)
Pin disassembly, moving and packing/palletizing for shipment.
Pin moving and setup
Pin moving on site only
Pin evaluation ("Hey man will you go check out this pin I am looking at and tell me if it is worth it?")
Prices are per service, per machine, $50 minimum.
Soldiering and un-soldiering $20 (if you just soldier it, then it is still $20 since you will need to leave the ratchet strap and materials with the machine)
Mileage is extra:
Maybe:
25 miles or less one way included.
25 - 50 miles one way $20.
50 - 100 miles one way $50
Extra fee for rush job and weird hours.
Are you willing to do some tech work if the machine doesn't fire up when setup, will this be included or an extra fee?
A couple more thoughts:
Bring and only use your own tools.
Don't loan your tools.
Don't work for tips/don't accept tips.
Set your prices fairly (don't cheat yourself) and don't do contingency's (cases where you get extra work based on your own recommendation. If you are evaluating a machine, tell the person you are evaluating it for what you think it is worth and if it is in good shape, not whether or not they should buy it.)
Be upfront about who bears the risk of damage. Will you make the customer whole if the machine is damaged by you and or your equipment? What if you are transporting a pin and your vehicle gets T-boned? Who is responsible for the machine in this case?

Thank You very much for your well thought out detailed response!
I'm waiting to hear back from insurance agent as we speak on Liability insurance.
You make some great points and most of us that have been around a while now how this could go bad quick. I honestly think this why we don't see more pin heads offering this service.
One of my favorite adages;
"No good deed goes unpunished"
I know how I feel about my machines. No matter how hard sometimes despite packing blankets and protecting them.... It almost seems everytime you move them in and out of houses, garages, cars, shows etc. There is always that small ding, small scratch, something.
Pinball is heavy.
Even with insurance, I'm building the waiver form now.

#9055 3 years ago

Best of luck with this endevour Eric!

#9056 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Best of luck with this endevour Eric!

Thank you Buddy. I know you have a one story house. Hope your back at work soon.

#9057 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about your work situation! When things start opening up, Mission Control should put you on retainer to move their pins and vids. Wish you luck on your new service idea, Eric!

#9058 3 years ago
Quoted from SpamMusubi310:

Sorry to hear about your work situation! When things start opening up, Mission Control should put you on retainer to move their pins and vids. Wish you luck on your new service idea, Eric!

I should talk to Gene and Jay at mission control now that you mention it Mark. Good idea! Ive asked Jay several times about those stairs last year and always shake my head thinking Im glad its not me....oops.

#9059 3 years ago

Eric, are you looking to pick-up and deliver games as well? If you're and willing to go 120 miles that would cover a decent portion of the lower third of CA. If you're considering this, something else to consider would be the fact that traffic right now isn't bad but once we get back to "normalcy" you could lose time sitting in traffic.

Once you place your ad in Marketplace come back here and post.

Good luck with your venture!

PS - some day I'll need to move WoZ up 16 steps. Getting it down wasn't too bad but going up ..... let's say I am hoping you expand your area by the time I have to move it!

#9060 3 years ago

I should talk to Gene and Jay at mission control now that you mention it Mark. Good idea! Ive asked Jay several times about those stairs last year and always shake my head thinking Im glad its not me....oops.

If I actually made enough money operating games it might make sense but for what you'd have to charge, I'd be giving up way too much of the earnings to have it be worth it. As for the stairs, it's bad sometimes. New Sterns are nothing though... they weigh less then an old Bally now that there's like half the mechs, half the wire, a folded metal backbox and no transformer. In any case, hope to run into you out and about some day soon.

#9061 3 years ago

I really miss going to Mission Control and Ayce Gogi for my location pinball fix and drinking a Belgian Tripel or Sculpin IPA.

#9062 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I really miss going to Mission Control and Ayce Gogi for my location pinball fix and drinking a Belgian Tripel or Sculpin IPA.

AYCE is open for food now and Pinball is approximately a week away.

#9063 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Sweet.

#9064 3 years ago

Want to thank all who’s reached out Afm sale pending

#9065 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

No beer for me but I am looking forward to going back to mission control. I am fascinated by the abandoned church across the street.

#9066 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

No beer for me but I am looking forward to going back to mission control. I am fascinated by the abandoned church across the street.

Unfortunately, the church you're probably thinking of burned down about a month ago.

#9067 3 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Unfortunately, the church you're probably thinking of burned down about a month ago.

Ya very big fire! Unfortunate indeed, that building had nice potential.

#9068 3 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Hi all!
Changing the line up here pretty soon (which doesn’t happen very often for me).
Going to be listing pristine MMR standard with Cliffy’s installed $7600 (documented HUO).
Also maybe Willy Wonka LE too but not sure yet on that one.
I probably won’t get around to listing it (them) for a few weeks until the new machines come in. But just letting you guys know ahead of time in case interested.
Cheers!

Just wanted to update that the MMr is pending sale. Thank you.

#9069 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Still have this brand new in box UNIS Pong Table. Need to move it to make room. $2000!

Link to website incase someone doesn’t know what it is.

https://www.tablepongproject.com/#

Edit: this is sold

Thank you for arranging delivery for me. Everything went smooth, and it was nice talking to you. I could not have had a better transaction.

#9070 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Our curve keeps going up...opening a place like Ayce that’s totally communal with food & pinball is just a recipe for disaster.

#9071 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Our curve keeps going up...opening a place like Ayce that’s totally communal with food & pinball is just a recipe for disaster.

Shake weight!

#9072 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Meh. All you have to do is tie it to a righteous political cause, and it's all fine.

#9073 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

AYCE Gogi has taken all precautions and protocol as outlined by county health and cdc. Its no more communal than any other restaurant. Tables are spaced, servers have face masks and face shields when interacting with customers not wearing masks while dining. If youre afraid to go out, stay home, simple. No need to use us as an example as a “recipe for disaster” if anything we have increased ventiltion and airflow over any other indoor dining area. These are difficult times, and were doing our best. None of us want to get sick either, so precautions have been magnified.
As for pinball, it is closed for now, like all other locations. When all locations open, it will be up to the individual to decide whether they want to go or not, there is no protocol released that I have seen that dictates any rules for spacing/social distancing for bars and or arcades.
At the end of the day, its your decision. I rarely post but if my name comes up, i will respond.

#9074 3 years ago

If I wear a mask and carry a little Purell with me to clean my hands before and after I play a pin, I bet it’s pretty safe. My family and I don’t have any comorbidities. Cmon Rare, get in the water.

#9075 3 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

there is no protocol released that I have seen that dictates any rules for spacing/social distancing for bars and or arcades.

Sounds like a perfect place to hang out during a pandemic!

#9076 3 years ago

Looking for a minty example of one of the below games.

AFMRLE - Green Preferred
Wonka LE - Must be HUO and no play field issues

#9077 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Like i said, no protocol, not opening pinball until it makes sense. Simple. Youre safe.

#9078 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kinda messed up to single out a specific restaurant and try to hurt Shane’s business like that. I jokingly posted a link to a video, but removed it because I realized it might be misconstrued.

If legal guidelines are followed, then people can make up their own minds on when to venture out. There’s a Coronavirus thread that is a better place to post opinions on restaurants in general, rather than specifically targeting a valued pinsider’s establishment here.

#9079 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds like you should just worry about yourself and stay home!

#9080 3 years ago

I'm hoping the Grass Valley Cinema will open up next week. Cleaning stations attached to each Pingulp.

#9081 3 years ago

There's probably no restaurant in los angeles with better air recycling than a korean bbq joint. We didn't shut down all the businesses under the idea that no one will go out until we have a cure or a vaccine. We may never have a cure or a vaccine. We shut down the businesses to give the healthcare community time to prepare, hopefully to find a therapeutic and in a perfect system, establish contact tracers. Well America doesn't have the wherewithal for contact tracing, so it's going to spread through our community. On the good news front, it appeared at the start that the hospitalization rate was close to 20%. That would surely overwhelm all of our healthcare infrastructure. It appears now that the hospitalization rate is closer to 4%, which significantly lessens the risk of our hospitals being catastrophically overwhelmed.

My cousin is a pharma CEO, sits on a board of a company testing therapeutics for covid, and a brewery owner. His take is get busy living or get busy dying. We know the age groups and the people with increased risks. This isn't going away anytime soon. Your average risk of dying from it is half of one percent if you're under 45. Sit on your couch for a year and you've just wasted more than a percent of your life. Everyone can make their own choice.

#9082 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sounds like you should just worry about yourself and stay home!

It’s infuriating how ignorance & arrogance spreads like a virus. The whole “worry about yourself” and “if you’re scared...” tough guy schtick is beyond childish. A virus doesn’t care if you’re a “rugged individual”.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Kinda messed up to single out a specific restaurant and try to hurt Shane’s business like that.

It’s kind of messed up to attach malice to my posts. I’m trying to help people not get sick. I didn’t single out anyone. It was simply brought up in conversation. Jesus Christ, everyone things everything is an ATTACK....

#9083 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s infuriating how ignorance & arrogance spreads like a virus. The whole “worry about yourself” and “if you’re scared...” tough guy schtick is beyond childish. A virus doesn’t care if you’re a “rugged individual”.

It’s kind of messed up to attach malice to my posts. I’m trying to help people not get sick. I didn’t single out anyone. It was simply brought up in conversation. Jesus Christ, everyone things everything is an ATTACK....

Give it a break dude. To criticize someone working his ass off to provide good food and safe environment.
I'm just dumbfounded.
I'm just trying to keep myself from being moderated here.

#9084 3 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Meh. All you have to do is tie it to a righteous political cause, and it's all fine.

EXACTLY

#9085 3 years ago

Contra Costa County says arcades can open July 1st. Good news for The Flipper Room and Phoenix Games.

#9086 3 years ago

Damn. The one thread that is my go to drama free zone on pinside is now poisoned.
I was not planning on selling a game but if that gets this thread back on track I will be forced to list my firepower for $3000.
Let's get back on the topic.

#9087 3 years ago

Oh we get plenty o drama here. Luckily it usually passes pretty quickly.

#9088 3 years ago

I have a Raven in decent shape. It boots up and plays, however does not have any sound at the moment. It came in as part of a combo deal and i really have no interest in it. How does $500 sound for it?

Added over 4 years ago:

This is now sold

#9089 3 years ago

Now that is back on topic! Good luck with sale!

#9090 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have a Raven in decent shape. It boots up and plays, however does not have any sound at the moment. It came in as part of a combo deal and i really have no interest in it. How does $500 sound for it?

pm sent

Quoted from Azmodeus:

Now that is back on topic! Good luck with sale!

bout time

#9091 3 years ago

Looking for a POTC, need to add it back to the lineup. Thanx in advance for any heads up to one for sale.

#9092 3 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Looking for a POTC, need to add it back to the lineup. Thanx in advance for any heads up to one for sale.

Good luck, going to need a pile of cash... Have a JJP POTC CE but like most, my "would sell" price is quite up there...

Thanks,
Jeff

#9093 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Good luck, going to need a pile of cash... Have a JJP POTC CE but like most, my "would sell" price is quite up there...
Thanks,
Jeff

Sorry, should have been more clear...Stern not JJP. Thanx

#9094 3 years ago

Selling a decent Stern Nugent

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Nugent Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Selling a Stern Nugent in Players Condition. The Good Playfield and Backglass in good condition with minimal wear Weebly Universal MPU Refurbished SB-100 Sourndboard Manual and Sc...”
2020-06-08
Lodi, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 335 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9095 3 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Contra Costa County says arcades can open July 1st. Good news for The Flipper Room and Phoenix Games.

I thought you had decided to get out of the pinball side of your business? It would be great if you guys reopen the pinball.

#9096 3 years ago
Quoted from SimpleSam:

I thought you had decided to get out of the pinball side of your business? It would be great if you guys reopen the pinball.

Nope. Many people didn't read what we actually wrote so there were plenty of rumors circulating. We did what every other non essential business did when we were forced to shut down... We shut down. Then we navigated the daily changes and chaos that was thrown at us. What we did next, many businesses did not do. We made a tough decision to put ourselves in a better position. And you know what... so far it has worked! We offed a handful of games that we hope to have back one day, but in the meantime we are pulling out some rare classics that we have been storing and picking up some others from our bucket list.

The framing showroom took over a bit more space, so we will be capped at 28-30 machines (versus 36-40 that we used to have), but I'm OK with that. The place is looking good!

We are very fortunate to have a great following in this community. We can't thank all of you enough for the support. So many people reached out and purchased games when it mattered. And believe me... it mattered. It's why we are still here.

We have some awesome stuff on the horizon.

Cheers!
Mike

#9097 3 years ago

Great news Mike!

#9098 3 years ago

Have a pair of projects i looking to move. Have a gold wings and rescue 911. Both games are complete and in overall good shape (gold wings is in better shape then rescue 911). Both games turn on, however do not boot up. I havent looked or messed with anything, figured i would try to move them at a decent price for the pair of them. $2000 for the pair. If interested you can pm me for pix.

#9099 3 years ago

Hey all, I’m moving to Ventura in August from the Seattle area. There’s an overseas order list floating around up here but it doesn’t look like they’ll be stateside before my move..... that being said, I have a few reservations on the list so I may be making another trip to pickup a pin or two. Anyone else interested in getting some reservations and splitting the trip costs?

Pat

#9100 3 years ago

I'm cleaning the garage and came across some stuff I want to get rid of. Probably more to come.

I think I have 3 DMD's that are in fine working condition and another with 1 line out too...make an offer.

Robert

NBA FB Parts: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/68942

X-Men Plastics: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/67377

There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/182?hl=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.