(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 255.
#8901 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Yep, yep... I've had 30+ games too. Pinballs can be like a box of chocolates... lots of brown lumps. Sometimes there is candy too. I've had my share.
But the cost of 'fixing' chipping on the playfield is quite high. And you can't "fix" the HUO badge when you're ready to sell and get a new game. This guy lied. He picked it up directly from the location where it was being routed. You guys are welcome to deal with the !*&%#@ but you've been warned.

Yep totally agree...thanks for the warning

#8902 4 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well out there in callie, I still have my GT 2020 live upright for sale or trade. Just reposting this as I have had more leads here than anywhere else. Thanks guys and stay safe

#8903 4 years ago

Anyone looking to get rid of a project in the bay area? I'm looking for something to do. Boredom! PM me.

#8904 4 years ago

Putting up my Family Guy for sale to try to fund a game from another pinsider. If anyone is interested, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Machine - For Sale
Family Guy Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice Family Guy that I would like to sell to fund another game from a pinsider. (My first choice is to sell it, but I might also be open to trading toward a nice White Wa...”
2020-04-05
San Francisco, CA
4,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 442 times

#8905 4 years ago

Dropped the price of my Spider-Man down to $4,650. Helluva deal if I do say so myself! I got an extra pair of pin skates I’m tossing in with it if someone is free to pick it up today.

#8906 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Yep, yep... I've had 30+ games too. Pinballs can be like a box of chocolates... lots of brown lumps. Sometimes there is candy too. I've had my share.
But the cost of 'fixing' chipping on the playfield is quite high. And you can't "fix" the HUO badge when you're ready to sell and get a new game. This guy lied. He picked it up directly from the location where it was being routed. You guys are welcome to deal with the !*&%#@ but you've been warned.

One last thought on this unfortunate occurrence. If someone asks you to buy sight-unseen with free delivery tell them up-front you'll need to set it up inside and take a good look at before forking over the cash. If not as described then no deal. That way you won't feel guilted into buying it anyway.

#8907 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

One last thought on this unfortunate occurrence. If someone asks you to buy sight-unseen with free delivery tell them up-front you'll need to set it up inside and take a good look at before forking over the cash. If not as described then no deal. That way you won't feel guilted into buying it anyway.

Everyone feel free to claim my story as your own. You should say "Sorry, I've been heavily burned before, so please forgive my need to closely inspect..."
And if it's too late, tell them to come back later.

#8908 4 years ago

Didn't someone say he's a Pinsider? I keep waiting for him to show up to this thread and say his peace.

#8909 4 years ago

Some people just have accounts to use the system to post ads, and they are not "part of the community."
-mof

#8910 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Didn't someone say he's a Pinsider? I keep waiting for him to show up to this thread and say his peace.

he’s been on here every days sense he removed the neg feedback

#8911 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

he’s been on here every days sense he removed the neg feedback

There's the Elephant in the room.
Why was the negative feedback removed?
Its the very core of learned experience and trust in the marketplace. Many have worked hard over the years to build good feedback, Build a reputation and trust. If some dick has bad sales he can just get feedback removed?
What's the point of the pinside feedback?
Pinside moderator's should answer to this sucker punch to the rest of the community.

#8912 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There's the Elephant in the room.
Why was the negative feedback removed?
Its the very core of learned experience and trust in the marketplace. Many have worked hard over the years to build good feedback, Build a reputation and trust. If some dick has bad sales he can just get feedback removed?
What's the point of the pinside feedback?
Pinside moderator's should answer to this sucker punch to the rest of the community.

Im not a mod, but just thinking out of the box here My guess is it was removed due to the item not being listed/sold on pinside. Sounds like it was a CL deal. I believe the feedback system here is supposed to only be for items sold on here. Im not saying that is right, just my hunch as to why it was removed.

#8913 4 years ago

I’d also be very curious how negative feedback was removed. I assume most of us use that as a way to vet someone.

FYI, he’s married to a Zita Numark (https://www.facebook.com/zita.numark) who posts quite a few of their machines on various facebook groups. Thanks for the warning about the condition of their machines.

#8914 4 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “Up for your consideration is an absolutely stunning Dutch Pinball BOP 2.0 in great condition. Everything working 100%, super clean and plays perfectly (both original and 2.0 mode) ...”
2020-05-05
Los Angeles, CA
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 1775 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8915 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Im not a mod, but just thinking out of the box here My guess is it was removed due to the item not being listed/sold on pinside. Sounds like it was a CL deal. I believe the feedback system here is supposed to only be for items sold on here. Im not saying that is right, just my hunch as to why it was removed.

If that’s the case, it would expose a gaping hole in the feedback/reputation system (which I do not trust at all). It would also explain much about the liar I dealt with who has to date created 231 ads and marked 212 as unsold. His profile lists only 1 instance of feedback (positive) under which he crows about his alleged honesty.

#8916 4 years ago

I guess if u screw someone over, just say “sold elsewhere” and you’ll have perfect feedback?

#8917 4 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

I guess if u screw someone over, just say “sold elsewhere” and you’ll have perfect feedback?

Or claim it did not sell and archive the ad.

#8918 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yes that's one of the reasons it got deleted. Although we do welcome unsolicited feedback (we call it "recommendations") on Pinside, but we do expect that feedback to have substance. What got posted was a bunch of name calling without any facts. As such, the feedback was preliminarily deleted.

Look, for what it's worth, I have been in contact with both the seller and the buyer and heard either side of the story. Yet I still wouldn't be able to pick a side.

I suggest they both post their side here in this thread and we can all make up our minds for ourselves. End of story. I hope.

Or even better, buyer and seller could get on a phonecall and talk this out in private.

If the buyer insists to post negative feedback, then he can send me that feedback and I'll consider putting it up on sellers feedback page (he can't post feedback there anymore since his original feedback got deleted). But again, it must contain substance, facts and not involve name calling.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Or claim it did not sell and archive the ad.

Call me naive, but I like to run this site from a positive standpoint. Of course I could start charging fees upfront. I hope it won't have to come to that. I think most people are honest. That said, if someone sells you a game on Pinside and then marks said game as unsold, please do let me know so I can ban that person from the marketplace

#8919 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Yes that's one of the reasons it got deleted. Although we do welcome unsolicited feedback (we call it "recommendations") on Pinside, but we do expect that feedback to have substance. What got posted was a bunch of name calling without any facts. As such, the feedback was preliminarily deleted.
Look, for what it's worth, I have been in contact with both the seller and the buyer and heard either side of the story. Yet I still wouldn't be able to pick a side.
I suggest they both post their side here in this thread and we can all make up our minds for ourselves. End of story. I hope.
Or even better, buyer and seller could get on a phonecall and talk this out in private.
If the buyer insists to post negative feedback, then he can send me that feedback and I'll consider putting it up on sellers feedback page (he can't post feedback there anymore since his original feedback got deleted). But again, it must contain substance, facts and not involve name calling.

Call me naive, but I like to run this site from a positive standpoint. Of course I could start charging fees upfront. I hope it won't have to come to that. I think most people are honest. That said, if someone sells you a game on Pinside and then marks said game as unsold, please do let me know so I can ban that person from the marketplace

I think you are going above and beyond, especially if sale wasn't on Pinside. Do people leave feedback for a Clist sale on Ebay? No. Different platform. Although everyone wants to be protected from everything and everyone, it isn't Pinside's liability to deal with outside transactions.

#8920 4 years ago

Ahh ok if the sale wasn't on Pinside then it makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

#8921 4 years ago

I have gotten what I considered not to be the best deal from sellers that also gave me very good deals. It kind of balances out.

And no need to make any or many posts saying I got ripped off. Also no need to warn anybody else.

Carry on...

#8922 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have gotten what I considered not to be the best deal from sellers that also gave me very good deals. It kind of balances out.
And no need to make any or many posts saying I got ripped off. Also no need to warn anybody else.
Carry on...

Sorry, not sorry, but that is quite literally ridiculous. The guy got completely lied to and ripped off and your response is "don't tell anyone, keep it to yourself, others should be subjected to it as well"? Just wow...

Jeff

#8923 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Yikes... So now I know to never trust the feedback system here, at all, ever...

Jeff

#8924 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Yikes... So now I know to never trust the feedback system here, at all, ever...
Jeff

Never trust the feedback system that represents feedback of pinside sales? Your logic is flawed. Pinside feedback isn't an aggregate feedback system of all transactions in the world related to pinball.

#8925 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Never trust the feedback system that represents feedback of pinside sales? Your logic is flawed. Pinside feedback isn't an aggregate feedback system of all transactions in the world related to pinball.

You missed my point entirely... Or did you not see the post about "why" it was removed? Negative feedback shouldn't be subjected to someone's "feelings". If you screwed someone over, you should be reported on accordingly and not have your feedback removed because someone else thought it was too "personal".

Jeff

Edit: I misread your post originally and while I won't change my first reply because it has merit by itself, I do get your point about feedback on pinside being only about pinside sales and no other place.

#8926 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Sorry, not sorry, but that is quite literally ridiculous. The guy got completely lied to and ripped off and your response is "don't tell anyone, keep it to yourself, others should be subjected to it as well"? Just wow...
Jeff

That isn't quite what I said.

If you fall for used car sales tactics and want to tell everybody you did, that is quite up to you.

#8927 4 years ago

And yeah, I'm going to go by someone else's fail when I decide who I'm going to buy a machine from.

A guy who takes more money from one dude might have a different attitude towards another.

#8928 4 years ago

Robin is right, I didn't provide a detailed response in my feedback. While most of the positive feedback is thin, I do agree more details and substance should backup negative feedback. But rather than deleting my comment, I should've been given the opportunity to explain, bolster it with facts, etc.
No one reached out to me until after this new post today. I just sent Robin a PM with more details. To my shock, Adam did contact Robin to defend himself, so that's fascinating....

Before sending a deposit to Adam @jamesbon1, I checked his feedback here. I DID RISK trusting him (and got burned). When he lied so blatantly, and at such great expense to myself, I wanted to warn everyone because the dude is morally bankrupt and/or desperate.

I contacted him the next morning and all I wanted was for him to take it back and sell it to someone else. I confirmed 7k plays from logs, but it's likely they were wiped in October. So the game likely has 12k plays based on playfield chipping and overall wear.

#8930 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You missed my point entirely... Or did you not see the post about "why" it was removed? Negative feedback shouldn't be subjected to someone's "feelings". If you screwed someone over, you should be reported on accordingly and not have your feedback removed because someone else thought it was too "personal".
Jeff
Edit: I misread your post originally and while I won't change my first reply because it has merit by itself, I do get your point about feedback on pinside being only about pinside sales and no other place.

I agree, I think feedback should only be removed by careful adjudication of a mod or pinside owner and not subject to feelings but facts.

#8931 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Robin is right, I didn't provide a detailed response in my feedback. While most of the positive feedback is thin, I do agree more details and substance should backup negative feedback. But rather than deleting my comment, I should've been given the opportunity to explain, bolster it with facts, etc.
No one reached out to me until after this new post today. I just sent Robin a PM with more details. To my shock, Adam did contact Robin to defend himself, so that's fascinating....
Before sending a deposit to Adam jamesbon1, I checked his feedback here. I DID RISK trusting him (and got burned). When he lied so blatantly, and at such great expense to myself, I wanted to warn everyone because the dude is morally bankrupt and/or desperate.
I contacted him the next morning and all I wanted was for him to take it back and sell it to someone else. I confirmed 7k plays from logs, but it's likely they were wiped in October. So the game likely has 12k plays based on playfield chipping and overall wear.

Totally agree....u should have been given the opportunity to provide facts and resubmit....just deleting the bad review completely defeats the point, and now makes me second guess any pinside reviews. I would be pissed if I bought a game with 7-12K plays if I was under the impression it was an order of magnitude less....

#8932 4 years ago

One thing I'll be adding to my background checks on folks is a forum search for their forum name:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=jamesbon1&include_basement=1#results

This will at least show if there are any threads about the person you're looking for in case they have had concerns raised about them that can't / don't make it into the feedback system. You may want to exclude the "basement" in the search for some folks though

#8933 4 years ago

OK,thats enough yakity-yak on this topic!!Can we move on now please??

#8934 4 years ago

I know this isn't about a sale, but anybody doing playfield clear coating in Sacramento and Northern California areas? Looking for a quality automotive clear application. Looking for a resource for projects now and in the future.
thx
izzy

#8935 4 years ago

So is anyone selling anything in NorCal during this pandemic? MBR, BSD, AS or ? Lmk

#8936 4 years ago

I'm still selling my Family Guy! PRICE DROP: $4200. Feel free to make an offer.

Thanks.

Machine - For Sale
Family Guy Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice Family Guy that I would like to sell to fund another game from a pinsider. (My first choice is to sell it, but I might also be open to trading toward a nice White Wa...”
2020-04-05
San Francisco, CA
4,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 442 times

#8937 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Skateball Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “This Skateball has a CPR silver playfield installed, all new condition playfield hardware, Pinball Pimp restenciled cabinet (done by me) and came out beautiful. repainted legs. Loo...”
2020-03-06
Huntington Beach, CA
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 594 times

Tuesday bump

#8938 4 years ago

Still looking for a HOU South Park, or if not HOU, one that has a playfield in great shape.

Jeff

#8939 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Still looking for a HOU South Park, or if not HOU, one that has a playfield in great shape.
Jeff

I did a quick search and found this one. Texas is nice this time of year...

https://www.joystixgames.com/product/south-park/

#8940 4 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I did a quick search and found this one. Texas is nice this time of year...
https://www.joystixgames.com/product/south-park/

Appreciate it but not willing to make that trip right now given all that's going on... Looking for something more local.

Thanks,
Jeff

#8941 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Appreciate it but not willing to make that trip right now given all that's going on... Looking for something more local.
Thanks,
Jeff

See if this guy's willing to sell his Southpark - though I'm not sure I agree 100% with his definition of 'like new'.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#8942 4 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

See if this guy's willing to sell his Southpark - though I'm not sure I agree 100% with his definition of 'like new'.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Good eye...

Thanks,
Jeff

#8943 4 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

I know this isn't about a sale, but anybody doing playfield clear coating in Sacramento and Northern California areas? Looking for a quality automotive clear application. Looking for a resource for projects now and in the future.
thx
izzy

If you were in socal I would do it for you. Just finished a tron le for a customer. I posted it in the tron club thread.

#8944 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

If you were in socal I would do it for you. Just finished a tron le for a customer. I posted it in the tron club thread.

Thx. Another local pin friend found an auto painter to do his. He's going to try one before committing to more.
thx again,
izzy

#8945 4 years ago

Looking for a HUO IMDN Pro in SoCal somewhere under 5k.

THX

#8946 4 years ago

Iron man
Iron maiden
??????

#8947 4 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Iron man
Iron maiden
??????

Iron Maiden there is no d in Iron Man and they did not have a pro, premium, or LE. Only VE (Vault Editions)

#8948 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

they did not have a pro, premium, or LE. Only VE (Vault Editions)

Technically there were 3 versions of Iron Man, an Iron Man Classic “standard” version (also known as the home version without coin slots), the regular original release version (just know as Iron Man), and then later the Iron Man Pro Vault Edition

#8949 4 years ago

O.K. On a side note:
maybe Iron Maiden should be...
I*MDN. or
IRN-MDN.
My rant is over.

#8950 4 years ago

...Or IMDN like everyone else has been using

There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/179?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.