(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,672 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 minutes ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 458 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 12,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 254.
#8301 4 years ago

A gentleman by the name of Scott Marion reserved a couple games in the Seattle container buy.
But he did not leave his valid email address.
Tracing the computer address he used when he reserved them appears to come from the Sacramento area.
So I am hoping he is on this thread.
If he is, or anyone knows him, please have him get in contact with me.

Thanks
Jon

#8302 4 years ago
Quoted from whitingjon:

I am the one that is organizing this container buy.
I just wanted to mention that the seller is is starting to get some newer , slightly used sterns in his possession for sale.
Also, a bunch of his games last time came from a couple private collectors.
He has also started providing short videos of the machines (of course, they dont show much detail, other then it plays and works).
So while I agree with most of what you are saying, there are some good stock to grab up, and not just a bunch of old run down machines.
The part I will completely agree with you on is the eyes wide open part, and the be prepared to need to clean.

Cool, but you need to tell "the seller" that an average of $3k for many of those thrashed hacked and demolished piles of shit is f'n ridiculous! How do you expect to find buyers at those retarded prices?? Not one of them is worth even HALF of what they're priced at!

#8303 4 years ago
Quoted from whitingjon:

A gentleman by the name of Scott Marion reserved a couple games in the Seattle container buy.
But he did not leave his valid email address.
Tracing the computer address he used when he reserved them appears to come from the Sacramento area.
So I am hoping he is on this thread.
If he is, or anyone knows him, please have him get in contact with me.
Thanks
Jon

Are you sure it's not Steve Marion? He's in Lodi area. I don't have contact info, but if it is Steve and not Scott, I can find someone who does.

#8304 4 years ago

Interested in the following games if anything is available... I love projects (at project pricing) but will buy nicer stuff too if available. PM if you’ve got anything...

Congo
Bram Stokers Dracula
High Speed
Harlem Globetrotters
Stern Big Game
Gottlieb Vegas
Gottlieb Deadly Weapon

Other classic Stern or Bally and weird SS Gottlieb stuff always considered.

Added over 5 years ago:

BSD found... still looking for others.

#8305 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Are you sure it's not Steve Marion? He's in Lodi area. I don't have contact info, but if it is Steve and not Scott, I can find someone who does.

Sparky , You are totally correct.
It is Steve and not Scott.
I combined to names for people I was trying to reach out to.
If anyone has any info on Steve, I would appreciate it.

#8306 4 years ago

Hello Pinsiders... I'm looking for a couple pins:

Champion Pub, Who Dunnit or Junk Yard

Game Show, Mousin Around or Bad Cats

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

#8307 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Cool, but you need to tell "the seller" that an average of $3k for many of those thrashed hacked and demolished piles of shit is f'n ridiculous! How do you expect to find buyers at those retarded prices?? Not one of them is worth even HALF of what they're priced at!

@TheOnlyest, I completely agree, and have told him that in a couple differnt ways.

I of course I sent him messages during the buy about a few of the prices.

But the bigger way we have shown this is simply not buying them. There are a few games we have passed on 3 or 4 times over the last couple years.
Now, I will also say that 6 months ago when we did the last buy, he had a probably 40-50 games that were close to 2 years old. Over the last 6 months, as new lists have come out, the number has come down to almost none. He currently has only 9 games that he started selling before 2019. So someone has purchased them (or he did something else).

In the end of the day, I just organize the buys (and get machines also), so if he cant move the machines he has, not my issue.

#8308 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Not sure if you guys know but the Seattle area is doing a container buy from Italy. Still lots of good machines left. It’s a bit of a drive from cal but the prices are good and you might be able to get a uhaul and combine a few
http://container.proludio.com/

If there is enough interested people wanting games out of this container I will take my 20 foot toy hauler and head to Washington and pick up all the games and arrange to meet up or drop off as far south as LA/Santa Clarita area

#8309 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for your consideration is a Cactus Canyon Continued in fantastic condition working 100% with some tasteful upgrades. Decals and cabinet near mint, and the playfield has very lit...”
2019-09-25
Los Angeles, CA
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 3474 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8310 4 years ago

Apparently we cant edit posts in this thread anymore either...

#8311 4 years ago

Oh thank god! I was thinking you were buying the whole lot and would get stuck with all the overpriced junk! So the container will only have the stuff you commit to buying in advance?

#8312 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Game Show, Mousin Around or Bad Cats

Hey wait, Kerry! My pinhead buddy still has the Mousin' Around you sold us 2 years ago at CAX! Now you be wanting it again?
Too bad we love it so much!

#8313 4 years ago

Also Kerry, how are you willing to pay for a WhoDunnit? I know a guy with a shweet one, but he prolly wants top dollar.

#8314 4 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Interested in the following games if anything is available... I love projects (at project pricing) but will buy nicer stuff too if available. PM if you’ve got anything...
Congo
Bram Stokers Dracula
High Speed
Harlem Globetrotters
Stern Big Game
Gottlieb Vegas
Gottlieb Deadly Weapon
Other classic Stern or Bally and weird SS Gottlieb stuff always considered.

Bout this one ?
losangeles.craigslist.org link
Hey if you're parting with the genesis or hoop I'm interested.

#8315 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... I'm looking for a couple pins:
..... or Junk Yard

Thanks!
Kerry

sacramento.craigslist.org link
Seller is looking for a trade, but may be willing to sell if you aren't into a trade?

#8316 4 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Hey wait, Kerry! My pinhead buddy still has the Mousin' Around you sold us 2 years ago at CAX! Now you be wanting it again?
Too bad we love it so much!

Nice seeing you at CAX last weekend! Yes, I love that game (Mousin Around)

Seller is looking for a trade, but may be willing to sell if you aren't into a trade?

I've inquired on this game... nothing I have is of interest to him.

Thanks
Kerry

#8317 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Oh thank god! I was thinking you were buying the whole lot and would get stuck with all the overpriced junk! So the container will only have the stuff you commit to buying in advance?

LOL, of course... did you even look at the reservation site? Each buyer chooses machine(s) they specifically want until we get a full container.

#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Bout this one ?
losangeles.craigslist.org link
Hey if you're parting with the genesis or hoop I'm interested.

It’s too expensive to have that nasty burnt mylar all over (IMO anyway) and the seller is firm. Hoops and Genesis will be sold when I die, so hopefully not anytime soon. Never hurts to ask though!

#8319 4 years ago
Quoted from jay:

It’s too expensive to have that nasty burnt mylar all over (IMO anyway) and the seller is firm. Hoops and Genesis will be sold when I die, so hopefully not anytime soon. Never hurts to ask though!

got you one more...
genesis i'm sure will find,hoops not so much

#8320 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

got you one more...
genesis i'm sure will find,hoops not so much

Gotta love the "commercial and home used" part.

#8321 4 years ago

WTT

Black knight Sword of Rage Stern show game like new and full warranty for Home Use Only Simpsons Pinball Party

#8322 4 years ago

Reposted 1964 Bally Mad World and 1976 Gottlieb Target Alpha on CL. Mad World $600. Target Alpha $1000.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Since Steve Ritchie played my game, I had him sign the TA apron. Still thinking if I want to sell that apron as I have another one that I can put on the game!

#8323 4 years ago

I have a non-pinhead friend that’s looking to sell his IMVE. It’s HUO; i was the original owner - so he’s 2nd Owner. I believe it has a shaker motor and don’t think it has any other mods, maybe an external sub. He snapped me a few pics, I’ve asked for more, but from the few pics he sent it looks like he has barely played it.

I’d like to swing by his house, pull some audits, have a look at it, and help him take some quality pics soon; but i have been absolutely slammed with work and family so not sure when i’ll Have time to do that. I told him i’d Toss up some feelers on it and go from there. I’m not sure the value of IMVE, but assuming it’s as nice as it appears, i’ll put it at $4800 and go from there.

It’s located in Chino Hills. Feel free to pm me if interested.

#8324 4 years ago

Looking for a working Gottleib system 1 CPU. Just trying to get a game up and running for now so I'm trying to avoid getting a Flippp board like everyone recommends.

#8325 4 years ago

Seeking a local Flash Gordon ...

#8326 4 years ago

Looking for a photo booth in California. If anyone has any leads please let me know. Thanks

#8327 4 years ago

Looking to possibly sell my Iron Maiden pro. I am the 2nd owner it’s in great shape. I had shoulder surgery and it hasn’t been played in over 3 months.
Pm for details.

#8328 4 years ago

Looking to trade my Star Trek Pro, AC/DC Pro LED or Iron Man 2010 for a Attack from Mars Remake + or - cash. PM me.

#8329 4 years ago

I'm not sure if Pin/vid trades are allowed so mods please remove or ask me to do so if necessary.

For Trade - Sega Rally 2 Championship Arcade - Deluxe Edition - 50” monitor For a pin and/or pinball parts

Full-motion, sit down arcade simulator. This is the “Dave and Busters” version of the famous Sega Rally 2 arcade game with full motion platform, seat, steering wheel, and roll cage, unlike anything you will find in most arcade or home environments.

I have gone through this game in it’s entirety with complete disassembly, cleaning and repairs where necessary. Steering wheel, hand brake, pedal assembly and all other major components have been cleaned, reconditioned and tested. Boards are all day 1 clean and unpacked, repaired or burned. Rt. side speaker cover is cracked but otherwise functional. The game plays perfectly and has been adjusted to factory specification. The 50” projection monitor could use further neck adjustment once installed in its final location.

This game is hard to find especially in the deluxe edition and has seen low use and major decals are in excellent condition.

Trades involving pins preferred or asking $1500.

Happy to send pics.

Thanks

#8330 4 years ago

My TWDLE is up for sale. HUO and I’m the only owner.

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

My TWDLE is up for sale. HUO and I’m the only owner.

wish u were closer....I've been looking for a nice TWD

Machine - For Sale

The Walking Dead (LE)

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “The Walking Dead LE for sale in excellent condition. I am the original owner but purchased NIB from a private party so I don’t have documentation. Game has low plays. Belt sticke...”

1 day ago

Moorpark, CA

spandol

#8332 4 years ago

I have a super nice HUO Sega Harley Davidson pinball machine for sale in marketplace. Looking to get $3,500.00 or trade for another pinball machine. Located in Lake Elsinore.

#8333 4 years ago

Price lowered on my Iron Maiden Premium!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Iron Maiden Premium, home use only, relatively low plays. Has sat in a dark air-conditioned smoke-free game room since new hence the cab is in like-new condition. Usual dimpling on...”
2019-08-02
San Jose, CA
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 249 times

#8334 4 years ago

I have been buying, selling and restoring pinball machines for about 15 years. I have installed decals on approximately 50 - 60 machines over the years for myself. I have recently been doing this for others including a couple Pinsiders.
I also own a furniture manufacturing business so I have a lot of woodworking and painting knowledge over the past 35 years of doing this full time.

If you have a machine that needs new decals, I would be happy to take care of that for you.
I feel my work is very good but I am not at the same level as Chris Hutchins. I learn a little bit more with each machine I work on.

I charge $900.00 including the cost of the decals. I take all the hardware, coin door, side rails etc off of the machine and then prep, fill and sand the cabinet and install brand new decals. I paint or clean all the hardware before reassembling the machine.

I charge the same for stenciled cabinets as long as they are not damaged too badly.
I'm able to get decals and stencils for most machines.

My turnaround time is 2-3 weeks and I live in Lake Elsinore.
I can also pick up and deliver locally.

If you want any more information, please PM me.

#8335 4 years ago
Quoted from SoCalPinballs:

I have been buying, selling and restoring pinball machines for about 15 years. I have installed decals on approximately 50 - 60 machines over the years for myself. I have recently been doing this for others including a couple Pinsiders.
I also own a furniture manufacturing business so I have a lot of woodworking and painting knowledge over the past 35 years of doing this full time.
If you have a machine that needs new decals, I would be happy to take care of that for you.
I feel my work is very good but I am not at the same level as Chris Hutchins. I learn a little bit more with each machine I work on.
I charge $900.00 including the cost of the decals. I take all the hardware, coin door, side rails etc off of the machine and then prep, fill and sand the cabinet and install brand new decals. I paint or clean all the hardware before reassembling the machine.
I charge the same for stenciled cabinets as long as they are not damaged too badly.
I'm able to get decals and stencils for most machines.
My turnaround time is 2-3 weeks and I live in Lake Elsinore.
I can also pick up and deliver locally.
If you want any more information, please PM me.

Too bad you are in so cal. I have some arcades I need to done in not cal. Maybe I can work something out down the road.

#8336 4 years ago

Looking for a Metallica

#8337 4 years ago

Selling a beautiful and clean Demolition Man. Playfield is gorgeous, elevator and claw work perfect. Handles have been chromed. I’ll get an add up in the next few days. PM me for pics. Located in Santa Clarita. Asking $3400 obo. It’s an outstanding example of this title.

#8338 4 years ago

I am selling my Earthshaker to fund yet another restoration project. Come to the beautiful mountains of Tehachapi, and leave with a fun pinball machine.

Machine - For Sale
Earthshaker Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I’m selling my Earthshaker to fund another project. The machine works 100%. The cabinet has a few serious scrapes in it, and the playfield has one bubble in the Mylar. The boa...”
2019-08-18
Bakersfield, CA
2,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 528 times

#8339 4 years ago

Looking to change things up.

Machine - For Sale
Wizard of Oz Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale or trade is a beautiful mint WOZ. Not much to say on the condition because it looks like it was just pulled out of the box. This is the Automated Green edition that was...”
2019-08-20
Fontana, CA
8,650 (OBO)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 1035 times

#8340 4 years ago

Is anyone coming up to Norcal from the LA area? Would love to pickup a machine from Corona and it could use a ride. PM me.

#8342 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

2010 Iron Man

Would you take 3998.00? Asking for a friend...

#8343 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would you take 3998.00? Asking for a friend...

I'm not sure if I could do that, haha

#8344 4 years ago

SOLD! - Thanks, everyone.

I'm selling a CPR Centaur playfield with some slight registration issues, as well as some non-mirrored Centaur plastics. I purchased as a project machine before the game was playable, so the swap was done when I bought it. I then re-swapped the playfield and am left with this unplayed, previously swapped playfield.

Asking $600 for the playfield and $100 for the plastics, or $650 for the bundle. Location is in Folsom, just outside Sacramento.

Photos at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyh0pfullgxs510/AAAXGu0r_FL09km1LlVxIdb0a?dl=0

#8345 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPL:

I'm selling a CPR Centaur playfield with some slight registration issues, as well as some non-mirrored Centaur plastics. I purchased as a project machine before the game was playable, so the swap was done when I bought it. I then re-swapped the playfield and am left with this unplayed, previously swapped playfield.
Asking $600 for the playfield and $100 for the plastics, or $650 for the bundle. Location is in Folsom, just outside Sacramento.
Photos at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xyh0pfullgxs510/AAAXGu0r_FL09km1LlVxIdb0a?dl=0

I sent you a PM, in desperate need of a Centaur playfield.

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I sent you a PM, in desperate need of a Centaur playfield.

All yours, enjoy!

#8349 4 years ago

IM Sold
AC/DC Pending

#8350 4 years ago

WTB

Avengers
Metallica

Added over 5 years ago:

Metallica found

There are 12,672 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/167?hl=spyder138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.