(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,701 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TrevT2
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 255.
#8251 4 years ago

If one was to sell a project IJPA what would be fair market.

Stored dirty but working* ( it flipped, probably no now though). PF issue a dot on indys face.

The cabinet should be re glued and decal.

#8252 4 years ago

Looking for a Mata Hari hardtop while Outside Edge production is shut down. Let me know if you have one stockpiled.

#8253 4 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

If one was to sell a project IJPA what would be fair market.
Stored dirty but working* ( it flipped, probably no now though). PF issue a dot on indys face.
The cabinet should be re glued and decal.

Mini PF ok? Stock armor (no powder or brass coating)? If it needs all of that to the cab, PF issue, has to be shopped and possible board repairs, I would say in the $2500 to $3500 range depending on overall condition.

#8254 4 years ago

Lol what?

Probably a couple grand more than that... unless it’s truly tragic.

If you decide to let it for for $2500 tho Crans let me know and I’ll come by and grab it.

#8255 4 years ago

WTB Home Use Only Simpsons Pinball Party

Also have games to trade if you do not want to sell

#8256 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Lol what?
Probably a couple grand more than that... unless it’s truly tragic.

Were you looking for a reasonably priced or an overpriced project? I said 2500 to 3500. You went with the low number.

It was represented as nonworking, cabinet that needs to be rebuilt and decaled. That is a PITA, and takes a good amount of time. Plus not everyone does it themself. Paying someone to do it = extra cost. Plus a ding on the PF?

This one sold for $7400, with a perfect PF and good upgrades (color DMD, Pinsound, etc.) Those two mods alone are about $900 - $1k.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/80154

I price games the way I do because I sell them for good prices. I never try to bend somebody over. If anybody else wants to pay 5 or 6K for a project IJ that needs considerable work, go right ahead.

#8257 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Were you looking for a reasonably priced or an overpriced project? I said 2500 to 3500. You went with the low number.
It was represented as nonworking, cabinet that needs to be rebuilt and decaled. That is a PITA, and takes a good amount of time. Plus not everyone does it themself. Paying someone to do it = extra cost. Plus a ding on the PF?
This one sold for $7400, with a perfect PF and good upgrades (color DMD, Pinsound, etc.) Those two mods alone are about $900 - $1k.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/80154
I price games the way I do because I sell them for good prices. I never try to bend somebody over. If anybody else wants to pay 5 or 6K for a project IJ that needs considerable work, go right ahead.

You show me the last IJ that went for $3500 and you get to be right.

#8258 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You show me the last IJ that went for $3500 and you get to be right.

Don’t need to be “right.” He asked for an opinion. I gave mine.

Look at my ad history. I never overprice games and often sell them under what they are worth to try to keep this hobby going, and get new people into it. To each their own.

Example: I had a nice Bally Kiss that I powdercoated and it needed minimal work. I listed it for $1400, with a brand new Shay backglass included. People told me I was “stupid” and I could get $3k, as if I don’t know the actual value of games (I mean I’ve only bought and sold a few hundred games, so what do I know). I sold it for $1400, and the buyer was ecstatic, because it’s a game he really wanted but couldn’t afford all of the ridiculously priced ones out there. That made me happy. I lost $100 or $200 selling at the price I did. Big deal.

I wouldn’t want Crans to eat money. He knows what he paid for it, so he should sell it to at least break even. Or list it on eBay at $10k. That’s his call.

#8259 4 years ago

If a game needs work it needs work. Someone has to invest the time and money to get it nice again. If you want the money yourself then do the work yourself. Otherwise you're gonna sell low to someone willing to.

It happens all the time. $3500 is a normal price for that. Friend of mine just picked up a TZ recently for that price here in CA. Because it needed a lot of work, and he spent the grand and did the labor, and sold it later for $5500, and that was a 'friend' price.

#8260 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t need to be “right.” He asked for an opinion. I gave mine.
Look at my ad history. I never overprice games and often sell them under what they are worth to try to keep this hobby going, and get new people into it. To each their own.
Example: I had a nice Bally Kiss that I powdercoated and it needed minimal work. I listed it for $1400, with a brand new Shay backglass included. People told me I was “stupid” and I could get $3k, as if I don’t know the actual value of games (I mean I’ve only bought and sold a few hundred games, so what do I know). I sold it for $1400, and the buyer was ecstatic, because it’s a game he really wanted but couldn’t afford all of the ridiculously priced ones out there. That made me happy. I lost $100 or $200 selling at the price I did. Big deal.
I wouldn’t want crans to eat money. He knows what he paid for it, so he should sell it to at least break even. Or list it on eBay at $10k. That’s his call.

You gave yours, I gave mine. And mine is that yours is low, especially here in California. You felt the need to reply, and I felt the need to reply to your reply. That's all. It's all good.

Yes, deals still happen, and I respect that you price games affordably. I just think that in this era, an IJ, with all the parts, is probably worth a little more than your estimate. But you know what, neither of us has seen it or knows anything so... its just conjecture!

#8261 4 years ago

Still looking for a whirlwind.

#8262 4 years ago

Is there any affordable Shadows out there?

#8263 4 years ago

Seems my memory of IJPA is a bit fuzzy.

Cab could use decals since existing is faded reglue as it's square but starting to split under legs.

Dot on indy was dirty so that's the end of cosmetics for PF.

Only bastard addons where operator hack on mini pf board and a main board (wires solder to pins with terminal block). No candy this or that just stock indy .

#8264 4 years ago

High voltage brought me a game yesterday from seattle.
Very happy.
His transport fee was very reasonable.

#8265 4 years ago

I know I'm not in California, but Las Vegas is only 30 miles from the border.

Selling my Abra Ca Dabra. Bought from a nice California pinsider last year. Great game, but time to sell and get something else.

I am also selling a Capt Card too. Both ads here on Pinside.

Thank you,
Ned

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Abra Ca Dabra Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice Abra Ca Dabra. Plays great. Backglass is a new repro. Cabinet has been repainted. Playfield is original and in good condition. My technician has spent many hours keeping ...”
2019-07-27
Las Vegas, NV
1,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 357 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Capt. Card Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Nice Capt Card, add-a-ball version of High Hand. Drop targets reset after all knocked down, a nice feature that High Hand doesn't have. Works well and is fun to play. My local pinb...”
2019-07-27
Las Vegas, NV
950 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 270 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8266 4 years ago

Safe Cracker for sale in Las Vegas.

Machine - For Sale
Safe Cracker Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Pin is working 100% and plays well. New rubber. Owned for 12 years. Approximately 200 tokens (100 still in bags), spare NOS rope light, full set of clear ramps, manual, misc dec...”
2019-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
6,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 610 times

Buy one or both of Ned's EM's and use your remaining space for SC.

Steve (in Las Vegas)

#8267 4 years ago

I like your thinking, Steve.

SC is an awesome game. If only I had more money, I'd take it. Good luck with the sale.

Steve is a great guy to deal with, everyone. Seems like just yesterday we did the FT and PM deal.

#8268 4 years ago

Just put this up...

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale is a walking dead premium that was on route at some point in its life. This game really looks clean and the only way I know it was on route is to look at the coin door(...”
2019-07-28
Fontana, CA
5,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 1050 times
any questions shoot a message over.

#8269 4 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

High voltage brought me a game yesterday from seattle.
Very happy.
His transport fee was very reasonable.

Thanks! It was good to meet you and fun to see and try some rare Gottliebs I haven't seen before. Hope your new project acquisition works out!

#8270 4 years ago

Not sure if you guys know but the Seattle area is doing a container buy from Italy. Still lots of good machines left. It’s a bit of a drive from cal but the prices are good and you might be able to get a uhaul and combine a few

http://container.proludio.com/

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Not sure if you guys know but the Seattle area is doing a container buy from Italy. Still lots of good machines left. It’s a bit of a drive from cal but the prices are good and you might be able to get a uhaul and combine a few

wow those look like great deals, how does that work?

#8272 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

wow those look like great deals, how does that work?

I agree. I might be willing to jump on a machine if we could make a deal to get it back to the bay area.

#8273 4 years ago

They buy a bunch from Italy, they are wrapped up and sent in a container through the Panama Canal. Then once cleared customs we all go over to the guys house, load them up and head home. Some guys bring trailers and I know one had a uhaul last year.

The machines need to be converted to us power and are usually dirty but it’s a good price. I know some Oregon guys participate and I thought if you guys could coordinate a uhaul to bring down 6-10 games it might be worth it financially.

#8274 4 years ago

Great idea. So we need a driver / truck. And a list of which games are/where bought, that gets loaded up to head south.

#8275 4 years ago

In fact, the pin I just delivered to pinostalgia was also from a container import. I'd be available to transport some again in the future.

#8276 4 years ago

the container buy was a wonderful experience would have pulled the trigger again on yet another game but a recent vacation sucked all the funds available

#8277 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Interesting... I'd love to get a look at those WH2O's, but as per usual, the shipping cost makes it not such a good deal, and my instincts scream that these are not the games you'd risk buying sight-unseen... I'm really desperate for a project!

#8278 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Interesting... I'd love to get a look at those WH2O's, but as per usual, the shipping cost makes it not such a good deal, and my instincts scream that these are not the games you'd risk buying sight-unseen... I'm really desperate for a project!

Well they will be projects, lol.

#8279 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Do you mean see in-person? Because the pics and even some play videos are there, click on the icons...

#8280 4 years ago

Looking at those pics is like suffering through an entire SPCA commercial... The abuse, neglect, and physical condition breaks my heart... I wanna save em all! Unfortunately I wouldn't pay those prices for any of them.

#8282 4 years ago

Have since the day the thread started!, but thanks for the tip! My biggest problem is that i'm looking for a restoration project game on my wishlist, for my permanent collection. And pickins in and near Las Vegas are slim to none. On top of that, nowadays people seem to think that all conditions of a title are worth the same, whether its pristine, players or ready-for-the-dump condition. I'll probably just have to wait until the next recession for prices to get back to fair and reasonable.

#8283 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Wow, the prices have really gone up since I bought 3 containers some years back. My BBBB was €500 and all the WPC B games were €700-800 each.

Just beware - the games these days are pretty bad ... mine were pretty good back then, but most of the good stock is long gone. Places in Australia were taking multiple 40ft containers every month for years, and took most of the good stuff. Just the dregs left now.

Most of the games have been in arcades and motorway truck stops, so they have been run 24/7 for 20 years. Lots of burnt boards and hack repairs to keep them running.

So go into it eyes wide open, and certainly don’t expect minters. In fact if you are even remotely fussy, or unable to do repairs, my advice would be don’t buy one.

rd

#8284 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just beware - the games these days are pretty bad

And the descriptions sure aren't as funny as they used to be.

#8285 4 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

On top of that, nowadays people seem to think that all conditions of a title are worth the same, whether its pristine, players or ready-for-the-dump condition.

Tell me about it. A CL ad went up today for an EM Outer Space. They want $3,000, the seller painted the lower cabinet red, and the flippers are not lined up so they’ll need some work. He did say that the game was professionally serviced recently and has new rubber rings. If it was professionally serviced why do the flippers still need to be repaired?

I asked the seller how he arrived at the price and gave him a link to Pinside’s only sale of $500.

#8286 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

So go into it eyes wide open, and certainly don’t expect minters. In fact if you are even remotely fussy, or unable to do repairs, my advice would be don’t buy one.
rd

A collector that I know used to buy pins from Europe by the container load back in the 90s because the value of a dollar was so strong you could buy pins in Europe cheap. He would always fly over, inspect the pins and watch as they loaded them in the container and seal them up. He said that you wouldn’t believe how many pins had multiple hacks to their boards. Expect to have to do a lot of repairs to the boards.

#8287 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And the descriptions sure aren't as funny as they used to be.

Some continue ...

“To revised”

“Playfield ruined to decal” - aka needs a new PF

“Invisible wear” - always a good one

“Boards to revise” - aka doesn’t work yet

“there is a little bit of oxid , but no damage easy to clean , only dirty . at the display missing last lines horizontal down and the last right vertical , easy to repair” aka she’s f**ked buddy!

rd

#8289 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “No issues, low plays, like new.”
2019-07-31
Huntington Beach, CA
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 134 times
Selling my HUO Munsters LE with low plays and no issues $7,900. Send me a PM if interested.

#8290 4 years ago

I knew the machines I invested in 20 years ago would triple or quadruple in price someday.

#8291 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just beware - the games these days are pretty bad ...

I'm sure the glory days have passed, and it's good to be cautious, but of the machines I've bought, only 1 of the 4 ended up in your "pretty bad" category. It's usually not that hard to filter out the losers. The one I got fooled on, the pictures deceitfully hid the problems, so if the pictures don't show something, it's best to be cynical. Here are the ones I picked up with the prices including shipping. All played after only voltage conversion.

Baywatch $1800, Good players condition machine, swap in English ROMs, fade on one cabinet side, nice playfield no wear, some bad rubber, cracked flippers, good DMD display but would reset due to flakey connector needed reflow/repin.

Sopranos $3150 Excellent condition, swap in English ROMs, no playfield wear, just needed some switch adjustments

BSD $2720 Excellent condition even premium LEDs and premium fresh rubber, needed nothing at all

Indy 500 $2580, This one turned out to be the loser with board hacks that were hidden by speaker panel hiding lower connectors, needed new header/connector. Board had reset issues, fixed with recap and new header/connector. Playfield was dirty, but cleaned up well, no wear, a couple of raised inserts. All the 4-way standups were shot, bought replacements for all those. Cabinet was faded. All new cab decals and new parts were about $500. Machine was beautiful when I finished, but it was too much work. I posted some pics of the Indy at the time:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-game-are-you-shopping-show-pics#post-4267323

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/162#post-4267195

#8292 4 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for your consideration is a Cactus Canyon Continued in fantastic condition working 100% with some tasteful upgrades. Decals and cabinet near mint, and the playfield has very lit...”
2019-09-25
Los Angeles, CA
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 3474 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8293 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A buddy in Fullerton is looking for a nice, tidy No Fear.
His name may or not be Spicoli - so hit him up if you have one, or if you need his details hit me up and I’ll put you in contact with him.
rd

He's still looking! Picked up a tidy T-2 and Judge Dredd in the meantime, but the money tree still has a little left on it.

#8294 4 years ago

Low play recent run HUO ST pro fs in Nor Cal Bay Area. Stock, w/Aurich translite. $4700

#8295 4 years ago

Selling my HUO Iron Maiden Premium in San Jose:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Iron Maiden Premium, home use only, relatively low plays. Has sat in a dark air-conditioned smoke-free game room since new hence the cab is in like-new condition. Usual dimpling on...”
2019-08-02
San Jose, CA
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 249 times

#8296 4 years ago

Anyone with a Bally KISS project they're looking to sell? Bought a CPR GOLD pf and now need a machine!

#8297 4 years ago

Will soon be listing my lovely BM66 & Maiden Prem, PM me if interested.

#8298 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone with a Bally KISS project they're looking to sell? Bought a CPR GOLD pf and now need a machine!

Here you go:

losangeles.craigslist.org link

You're welcome.

#8299 4 years ago

I have decided it is time to sell my FunHouse. It was beautifully restored/modded by my good friend uncivil_engineer . He did an amazing job on this game and documented his full restoration and modding along the way

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “So I have decided it is time to sell my FunHouse. It was beautifully restored/modded by my good friend uncivil_engineer . He did an amazing job on this game and documented his f...”
2019-09-12
Bakersfield, CA
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 1087 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8300 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wow, the prices have really gone up since I bought 3 containers some years back. My BBBB was €500 and all the WPC B games were €700-800 each.
Just beware - the games these days are pretty bad ... mine were pretty good back then, but most of the good stock is long gone. Places in Australia were taking multiple 40ft containers every month for years, and took most of the good stuff. Just the dregs left now.
Most of the games have been in arcades and motorway truck stops, so they have been run 24/7 for 20 years. Lots of burnt boards and hack repairs to keep them running.
rd

I am the one that is organizing this container buy.

I just wanted to mention that the seller is is starting to get some newer , slightly used sterns in his possession for sale.
Also, a bunch of his games last time came from a couple private collectors.
He has also started providing short videos of the machines (of course, they dont show much detail, other then it plays and works).

So while I agree with most of what you are saying, there are some good stock to grab up, and not just a bunch of old run down machines.
The part I will completely agree with you on is the eyes wide open part, and the be prepared to need to clean.

There are 12,701 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/166 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.