(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,404 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 310 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8404 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 169.
#8051 84 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm down to 4 games and might need to let another go. Problem is I'm pretty attached to the 4 I have left, was easier to whittle things down before. Bleh.
On the other hand, I have a garage for my games and it's half the size of that apartment by itself, so there's that. Problem is I keep fitting arcade cabs in where I used to have pins. Backwards from so many collections, I know.

Aurich don't let em go. That is a sweet four pack. In my opinion...

#8052 84 days ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Aurich don't let em go. That is a sweet four pack. In my opinion...

Aurich is the Shadow Man! He cant sell that one. Metallica, to cool for school, keeper.
Im thinking TNA out of that lineup Aurich.

#8053 84 days ago

I agree TNA. But, keep it until another pin rotates in. Four is a good number.

The other three must stay. IMO. I'm just talking from my perspective of course.

Sorry to derail the sale thread. I wanted to spit out my opinion to Aurich because I have not seen him in person in a while.

On the other hand that Metallica. Might be calling my name!

Have a great summer everyone!

#8054 84 days ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Thinning the herd by losing some EM's
Mad World (Bally) 1964 -- some startup issues. Game is complete.
Batter Up (Gottlieb) 1970 -- Add-a-ball version of Baseball. Game is complete and works. End of game issues.
Target Alpha (Gottlieb) 1976 -- Being shopped out and will be for sale at CAX. Complete game and good looking playfield.
Fireball (Bally) 1972 -- Was at GSPF. Has a couple of issues, but is complete and plays. Will need some diagnostics done to keep up and going.
Let me know of any interest. No prices here, because I'm still thinking about what I want for them.
Thanks for looking.

Posted Mad World and Batter Up on CL. Thanks for looking!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Added 78 days ago:

Batter Up is gone.

#8055 84 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Aurich is the Shadow Man! He cant sell that one. Metallica, to cool for school, keeper.
Im thinking TNA out of that lineup Aurich.

Yeah I agree. I love TNA but it’s the logical choice to sell probably.

I know someone in SoCal just bought a used one for $5500 so I guess that’s the rough market price now?

#8056 84 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every vid collector I know who got into pinball sold off arcade games to get more pins. But they were all classic collectors mostly, and those to me are fun to visit than own.

Guys who lack commitment.

I’ve played both video games and pinball for over 35 years. My ratio of 10 to 1 vids to pins won’t likely change much. I want a few more though. rocky and bulwinkle, high speed, star trek stern.

#8057 84 days ago

Shaq Attaq is still available.

#8058 83 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Guys who lack commitment.
I’ve played both video games and pinball for over 35 years. My ratio of 10 to 1 vids to pins won’t likely change much. I want a few more though. rocky and bulwinkle, high speed, star trek stern.

I'm dying to find an atari roadblasters for a good price

#8059 83 days ago

Does anyone have a Firepower 2 Playfield they are looking to sell?

#8060 83 days ago

No, but I do have a Shaq Attaq that I’m willing to let go of.

#8061 83 days ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

I'm dying to find an atari roadblasters for a good price

Ha good price is tough to define. I have sold more than one fully working for $150. My guess is that title could get $600-$1100 these days

Quoted from jahbarron:

No, but I do have a Shaq Attaq that I’m willing to let go of.

I love the persistence.

#8063 83 days ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I love the persistence.

The Big Man goes hard in the paint.

#8064 82 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah I agree. I love TNA but it’s the logical choice to sell probably.
I know someone in SoCal just bought a used one for $5500 so I guess that’s the rough market price now?

I'd say that's right on the money. I sold mine for just a little less for a super quick and easy sale that included the friend discount.

#8065 82 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'd say that's right on the money. I sold mine for just a little less for a super quick and easy sale that included the friend discount.

Mine's a keeper....and I've been dumping games! TNA rules!

#8066 82 days ago

Hey folks I have a beautiful WOZ, I’m going to be putting up for sale very soon. It’s a later model ECLE WITH 7.5 boards. Game has been very good to me only had a few of the tiny boards go out. Game looks new. Direct print cabinet is gorgeous.

Has following mods: castle walls, emerald city, high detail which - not Gouvea’s, todo, lit winkie target, color matched titan rubbers, color matched hex nuts, full cliffys. Game probably has around 600 plays. Also I’m on the list for the monkey, may include it not sure yet. I’ll have a listing up soon.

#8067 82 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All my remaining games are keepers. But if I’m not playing them and can use the space for things that will get use ...

TNA is a special game made by a friend, but it’s just a game too, can’t get overly emotional about this stuff.

Okay, so a little emotional.

#8068 82 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All my remaining games are keepers. But if I’m not playing them and can use the space for things that will get use ...
TNA is a special game made by a friend, but it’s just a game too, can’t get overly emotional about this stuff.
Okay, so a little emotional.

Well hey, you can play mine. My "final" sell-off game is going this weekend, and I'll be able to finish re-arranging my setup. TNA is now like the special "centerpiece"...you'll see!

#8069 82 days ago

Shaq is just a game, too, and it's actually for sale.

#8070 81 days ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Shaq is just a game, too, and it's actually for sale.

What?
Someone is selling a Shaq Attack?

#8071 81 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

What?
Someone is selling a Shaq Attack?

It's ATTAQ, sir. Don't try and take the fun out of it.

Still for sale!

#8072 81 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love TNA. Ironically I only sold it so I could make room for my "must have" DPLE, and as it turns out, I'd rather have my TNA back. Might put my DPLE up for sale.

#8073 81 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

Might put my DPLE up for sale.

Don't make me say it.

#8074 81 days ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

It's ATTAQ, sir. Don't try and take the fun out of it.
Still for sale!

It kicks ass over Medieval Madness. Polls don’t lie.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shaq-attaq-vs-medieval-madness-original

#8075 81 days ago

I'd bet $100 that The Big Man would out earn MM on route.

#8076 81 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I love TNA. Ironically I only sold it so I could make room for my "must have" DPLE, and as it turns out, I'd rather have my TNA back. Might put my DPLE up for sale.

Wow! I was shocked at all this recent DP hype....I found it really bizarre as it was completely forgettable to me, but didn't really needle any of you guys about it. Why was it such a must have, and what changed now that you've had it for a bit?

#8077 81 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow! I was shocked at all this recent DP hype....I found it really bizarre as it was completely forgettable to me, but didn't really needle any of you guys about it. Why was it such a must have, and what changed now that you've had it for a bit?

I played the LE at Banning with Nimblepin and Kyle, NP was giving us tips on what to shoot for and said he's really digging it. I trust his opinion. I didn't play it enough to judge, but seemed like an interesting layout, little different. Apparently the code has gotten a lot of love?

I dunno, part of the reason I'm thinking of selling is lack of patience for these deeper more involved games. Why I love TNA, and it's ironic that it's probably the first on my chopping block. But I have some in progress mod stuff that kinda requires some of my other games, unless I just want to abandon it all. Think I'd rather try and finish. So from a logical standpoint TNA ends up the odd one out.

I know people are up in arms over Munsters code, and maybe for good reason, but I dig the simpler stuff. I want to feel like I can turn on a game and play without grinding, or feeling bummed that I drained too early on ball one to have a chance at anything. Not sure where DP falls in that spectrum.

#8078 81 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know people are up in arms over Munsters code, and maybe for good reason, but I dig the simpler stuff.

People just throw around words like simple and deep now, with no context about actual game design. Simple still requires good playfield, features, and the art of designing fun and addictive rulesets. Deep requires the same, except perhaps more of an artful hand to make sure the depth is fun and not just a convoluted mess.

I don’t care if a game is simple or deep. It just must be GOOD. TNA is the only recent game that really ticks all
boxes, IMO. An auteur’s masterpiece of physical/code/sound design...it has those Pavlovian aspects everyone else seems to be missing lately in favor of math-chess tournament nonsense.

#8079 81 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bottom line: too clunky for me.

I played it at Eskaybee's *and* Nimblepin's and I knew it was on the clunky side, but I was in love with some of the really great feeling shots (when you hit them right) like the Katana sword lock, the Snikt shot and the left loop (Dazzler).

Once I had mine at home, for whatever reason, the clunkiness has really stood out more than I expected.

#8080 81 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I played the LE at Banning with Nimblepin and Kyle, NP was giving us tips on what to shoot for and said he's really digging it. I trust his opinion.

I've come to realize that I can't trust anyone's opinion. Sadly, that includes my own!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: playing a pin before buying is overrated. It's easy to play a pin for a few hours and fall in love with it, decide to buy it, then you get it home and realize it ain't as great as you thought it was.

#8081 81 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've come to realize that I can't trust anyone's opinion. Sadly, that includes my own!
I've said it before and I'll say it again: playing a pin before buying is overrated. It's easy to play a pin for a few hours and fall in love with it, decide to buy it, then you get it home and realize it ain't as great as you thought it was.

Thankfully the only game I fell in love with on location over the past 4 or 5 years has been TNA & I still love it! Everything else I'm just kinda like "OK....done" lol ...even though Ayce Gogi is right by my house, I haven't even lugged myself over there to play the last few new releases. I kinda already know I'm not gonna really care about BK3, Wonka or Oktoberfest after playing a few games. I guess I'm just waiting for Scott's next game!

#8082 81 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

#howAurichboughtStarTrek

Honestly I think owning a game at home is really just a tall order to meet. Pinball was built for location play, and as much as things have evolved it's still rooted in that. It takes a special magic emotional connection to be able to keep playing it at home over and over and over.

Most video games don't survive that even, and the ones that do usually skew towards multiplayer, where the game becomes about playing against other human beings, and the mental thrill that provides. Pinball is just you vs the machine, and that's cool in some ways, but also makes it easier to lose interest if everything doesn't click just right.

I just rearranged my garage, my games aren't leveled and plugged in yet. I need to do that and then meditate on what my selling plan is. Gotta flip them before I make any calls, I haven't been playing in a while. See where that magic and emotion is sitting.

#8083 81 days ago

I believe you actually want to add a Shaq Attaq to your collection

#8084 81 days ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I believe you actually want to add a Shaq Attaq to your collection

If I had room, I'd take you up on your offer.

Robert

PS: How is my Spiderman?

#8085 81 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno, part of the reason I'm thinking of selling is lack of patience for these deeper more involved games.

I have recently gotten a Gottlieb Joker Poker and a Flash Gordon. I love playing them. Don't know how long I'll keep them, but somehow the simpler (rules wise) games appeal to me.

Robert

#8086 81 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

If I had room, I'd take you up on your offer.
Robert
PS: How is my Spiderman?

Spidey is a favorite and hasn’t given me and guff whatsoever!

#8087 81 days ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have recently gotten a Gottlieb Joker Poker and a Flash Gordon. I love playing them. Don't know how long I'll keep them, but somehow the simpler (rules wise) games appeal to me.

Only reason I gave up my Flash Gordon was I had TNA to fill that 'simple' spot and I was trying to minimize my game footprint. That to me is an all time classic game.

#8088 81 days ago

Quoted from Rarehero:simple and deep

How about "simply deep"?

#8089 81 days ago

If anyone within driving distance of San Ramon is willing to part with their TOTAN, please contact me.

Robert

#8090 81 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People just throw around words like simple and deep now, with no context about actual game design. Simple still requires good playfield, features, and the art of designing fun and addictive rulesets. Deep requires the same, except perhaps more of an artful hand to make sure the depth is fun and not just a convoluted mess.
I don’t care if a game is simple or deep. It just must be GOOD. TNA is the only recent game that really ticks all
boxes, IMO. An auteur’s masterpiece of physical/code/sound design...it has those Pavlovian aspects everyone else seems to be missing lately in favor of math-chess tournament nonsense.

That is simply deep!

I had too...

#8092 81 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I need to do that and then meditate on what my selling plan is. Gotta flip them before I make any calls, I haven't been playing in a while.

Sell your TRON and start a TRON vault wish thread....everyone is doing it.
Did you have a difficulty time selling you ACDC once the vaults were announced?

#8093 80 days ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Sell your TRON and start a TRON vault wish thread....everyone is doing it.
Did you have a difficulty time selling you ACDC once the vaults were announced?

I sold my ACDC right after the vault heh. I didn’t have trouble, no, but I was relatively aggressive with the price. I needed to sell to pay for TNA, so I wasn’t gonna quibble over a few hundred dollars.

I think Tron vault is a pipe dream. But if I listed my Tron they’d probably announce it.

#8094 80 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think Tron vault is a pipe dream. But if I listed my Tron they’d probably announce it.

Do me a favor and just list it (even if you don't want to sell it)

#8095 80 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

IKR...list it, so I can buy a TRON VE.
Do what you want, but I think the smart move would be to let TRON go.

#8096 80 days ago

Its great to have options bottom line.

#8097 80 days ago

I do miss my Tron LE. The thing that pin excels at more than anything else is pure theme immersion. The sounds and music really suck you deep into the theme like few other pins can (LotR is good theme integration too but still not quite as good as Tron). The ruleset is ok, but people don't buy Tron for it's ruleset.

#8098 79 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I do miss my Tron LE. The thing that pin excels at more than anything else is pure theme immersion. The sounds and music really suck you deep into the theme like few other pins can (LotR is good theme integration too but still not quite as good as Tron). The ruleset is ok, but people don't buy Tron for it's ruleset.

I love the music and sounds in Daft Punk multiball. The callout at the start of the mode is pretty damn cool too.

#8099 79 days ago

I really need a complete Head for a James Bond. With or without boards. I also dont need the translite. Any condition, just intact.
Thanks.

#8100 78 days ago

Selling my AFMr SE, ad up on the marketplace. Located in Santa Cruz, CA.

Archived after 4 days
Sold (amount unknown)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “250 plays, HUO, one owner. Game condition as expected. Pickup only.”
2019-06-30
Santa Cruz, CA
6,200 (Firm)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 15.00
$ 224.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11,500.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 5.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8404 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 169.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside