(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 254.
#8001 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Some countries put the symbol after the decimal, including parts of French speaking Canada.

And they probably use the metric system too!! bah!

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Some countries put the symbol after the decimal, including parts of French speaking Canada.

I completely understand that other countries do that, but we are in The United States.

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I completely understand that other countries do that, but we are in The United States.

My guess would be that andre060 is likely from somewhere else, and slips into it on occasion. Or maybe he just did it on accident. I've seen it on occasion, and I always just assumed that the person spent some time in a non-US market.

#8004 4 years ago

This is an international forum, so alternative ways of doing things are to be expected (and welcomed).

#8005 4 years ago

Just put this add up, looking for a trade or sale.

Machine - For Trade
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Up for trade (or sale if I can’t find a trade) is a very nice TSPP. This pin has soft color led for GI lighting and bright led for the Playfield inserts (Comet NG for Playfield i...”
2019-06-07
Fontana, CA
Trade
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 1060 times

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

If anyone needs a pin delivered from So. Cal to No. Cal I'm heading up there early next week and would deliver for a small fee.

Interested. PM sent

#8007 4 years ago

Going to list a 57 Williams Deluxe Baseball. Almost plays all the way, couple minor issues left. Cab is strong and paint is fading. Lots of fun.

#8008 4 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

57 Williams Deluxe Baseball.

PM sent!

#8009 4 years ago

#8010 4 years ago

WANTED - Missile Command Upright, Adams Family

A buddy of mine is looking for an original cabinet Missile Command, player quality, working. Would entertain a multi-game stand up console, but original is his first choice.

He is also looking for a working player quality Adam's Family.

PM me if you, or someone you know wants to vote either of these off the island. Anywhere in the SF Bay Area is fine. If your in socal, lets talk, but prefer something local.

Thanks!

ron

#8011 4 years ago

Any one looking for a Alien Extermination game, drop me a line
Great condition , fully working and would make great money on someone’s route

Free local delivery for this beast

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one looking for a Alien Extermination game, drop me a line
Great condition , fully working and would make great money on someone’s route
Free local delivery for this beast

Is that the game that has the high score screen as "The Bishop of Battle". I thought I remember seeing that. It's a pretty cool reference to the 80's movie Nightmares.

"That's JJ Clooney. He's the best there ever was. You've been hustled."

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Is that the game that has the high score screen as "The Bishop of Battle". I thought I remember seeing that. It's a pretty cool reference to the 80's movie Nightmares.
"That's JJ Clooney. He's the best there ever was. You've been hustled."

I put a pic up in the market place
It’s single/dual player game based on the Alien movies
“ stay Frosty “

#8014 4 years ago

There is a Klondike in this upcoming estate sale in Rancho Palos Verdes.

https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Rancho-Palos-Verdes/90275/2252034

#8015 4 years ago

Selling a late run TWD Pro with shaker. Great condition located in San Marcos. $4800 (OBO) - I'll ignore low offers. Will consider trading options for an Iron Maiden. Photos are on craigslist or can be emailed. The machine is available for viewing. I've had the machine two year. Plays great, it's just time to mixup my two pin lineup.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

There is a Klondike in this upcoming estate sale in Rancho Palos Verdes.
https://www.estatesales.net/CA/Rancho-Palos-Verdes/90275/2252034

Are you saying your passing on the Rusty dusty, dirty sale?
You cant see the playfield thru the glass.
All kidding aside, thanks for posting.
Hard pass, Next.

#8017 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I put a pic up in the market place
It’s single/dual player game based on the Alien movies
“ stay Frosty “

Yeah, I believe that machine has a special high score screen champion.

Similar to grand champion on pinball, there is a "Bishop Of Battle" champion on Aliens.
It's a homage to a classic 80s movie. You should check out the movie Nightmares from 1983 starring Emilio Estevez. It is about 4 separate urban legends. One of the urban legends is about a Billy Mitchel type savant. He passes the level 13 of the hardest arcade game ever made. Noone was there when he won because he broke into the arcade after closing. As a young kid who spent his weekends in the arcade during the early 80's, that movie was right up there with Tron.

#8018 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Are you saying your passing on the Rusty dusty, dirty sale?
You cant see the playfield thru the glass.
All kidding aside, thanks for posting.
Hard pass, Next.

There are more pictures in there if you scroll through, including one of the playfield. Looks like someone cleaned the glass to take the photos. It looks like it might be pretty decent, although I don't have the good eye that some of you guys have. The backglass seems to look pretty good. Legs are real rusty but that should be fixable.

The auction details say this: Williams “Klondike” Pin Ball Game – Locked

So presumably the key is lost. Hard to say what mechanical condition it is in, but overall it seems complete.

I have no idea what this might go for at one of these estate sales. I have gone to some local estate sales and picked up some pretty good deals on various random stuff. I also don't know much about Klondike, but I looked it up and it seems to be a fairly desirable EM.

The estate sellers seem to be a mixed bag in my experience. Sometimes they are glad to take cash for a decent price, other times they seem to want what I would consider too high of a price. I wonder if it might be a situation where if they don't get it out of there by the last day, they would take a good offer to get rid of it. Although, I'm not sure what that would be. What do you think? $200 maybe?

Also, who knows if someone will come in and buy it. For a while I was going through the estate sales looking for 70s vintage stereo systems. I found some really nice-looking stuff too, but then I also found out from talking to some of the sellers that there are a bunch of people that go around looking specifically for those, and they always show up early on the first day with cash in hand and snatch them up. So, I never even saw any of them on site. Could be the same with the pinballs.

#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

One of the urban legends is about a Billy Mitchel type savant. He passes the level 13 of the hardest arcade game ever made.

Must have been emulated software.

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yeah, I believe that machine has a special high score screen champion.
Similar to grand champion on pinball, there is a "Bishop Of Battle" champion on Aliens.
It's a homage to a classic 80s movie. You should check out the movie Nightmares from 1983 starring Emilio Estevez. It is about 4 separate urban legends. One of the urban legends is about a Billy Mitchel type savant. He passes the level 13 of the hardest arcade game ever made. Noone was there when he won because he broke into the arcade after closing. As a young kid who spent his weekends in the arcade during the early 80's, that movie was right up there with Tron.

Just watched that Bishop of battle segment from nightmares movie.
Don’t know how I missed it, maybe had just been so long I’ve forgotten. Pretty sweet short story. I enjoy seeing the old arcade scenes. Only downer was i think JJ took out a meteor during the level 13 battle.

#8021 4 years ago

I'm heading to California on a road trip with my daughter for a few weeks at the end of June and looking for an Iron Maiden LE or Premium. Will be driving down to Anaheim for the Youtube Vidcon and spending some time at Disneyland.

Let me know if you've got one for sale or know of one (could pick it up on our way, we're driving a Buick Enclave and have space for it).

#8022 4 years ago

You sure you don't want a Shaq Attaq project? Arguably a better game. Wife wants it gone.

#8023 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

You sure you don't want a Shaq Attaq project? Arguably a better game. Wife wants it gone.

Would be a fun project but on this trip it's Maiden that I'm looking for!

#8024 4 years ago

WTD - Olympic Hockey

#8025 4 years ago

Who has a Gottlieb 1980 James Bond Head only for me??
Pretty Please!!

#8026 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I'm heading to California on a road trip with my daughter for a few weeks at the end of June and looking for an Iron Maiden LE or Premium. Will be driving down to Anaheim for the Youtube Vidcon and spending some time at Disneyland.

Let me know if you've got one for sale or know of one (could pick it up on our way, we're driving a Buick Enclave and have space for it).

Sent you a PM
Listing my fully modded ACDC and my Iron Maiden Premium

#8027 4 years ago

Anyone interested in a nice Family Guy? It has very cool Spooner Street blade art and Cliffy's installed, and it plays well. It was lightly routed a while back with some small scratches on the cabinet. It has some slight wear around the "N" insert that was repainted to touch it up, although I do have the "N" replacement decal. It's in very good shape overall. I am thinking of selling it to fund another game. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

#8028 4 years ago

Solar Ride for sale up in Nor Cal.

Machine - For Sale
Solar Ride Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Game was recently shopped and playfield protector installed. Playfield overall is pretty decent without the protector. Backglass is nice with some light flaking in the horse area. ...”
2019-06-16
Folsom, CA
700 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 256 times

#8029 4 years ago

Ad for Family Guy here. Asking $4900. Can try to get better pictures for anyone interested. Thanks

Machine - For Sale
Family Guy Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I have a nice Family Guy with Spooner Street blade art and Cliffy protectors installed. It plays very well. Minimal wear at “N” insert, but I have an “N” decal that has not...”
2019-06-18
San Francisco, CA
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 279 days
Viewed: 474 times

#8030 4 years ago

Thinning the herd by losing some EM's

Mad World (Bally) 1964 -- some startup issues. Game is complete.
Batter Up (Gottlieb) 1970 -- Add-a-ball version of Baseball. Game is complete and works. End of game issues.
Target Alpha (Gottlieb) 1976 -- Being shopped out and will be for sale at CAX. Complete game and good looking playfield.
Fireball (Bally) 1972 -- Was at GSPF. Has a couple of issues, but is complete and plays. Will need some diagnostics done to keep up and going.

Let me know of any interest. No prices here, because I'm still thinking about what I want for them.

Thanks for looking.

#8031 4 years ago

OK People! I need that Devil Riders in Phoenix! Is there somebody in socal willing to be paid to get it from Phoenix to socal by july 14, when I would be there to pick it up from you? I will have already paid for it, you would just need to get it to southern cali by july 14. Gas and your time would obviously be compensated. And if you happened to set it up and play for a few days before I get there... coolio!

#8032 4 years ago

Got Kiss Premium for sale
Kiss Topper
Shaker
Fidelity speaker kit
Orange rubbers

Also just listed some used back glasses if any one is interested

#8033 4 years ago

Baby is on the way so, unfortunately, I have to let go of my Shaq Attaq project. Ball 1 plays fine, ball2 won't kick out. That's all that is wrong with it. The wife also hates looking at it. Bright n tight! $900

Game is located in a 600 sq ft $4000/mo apartment in San Francisco. Need the space.

#8034 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Game is located in a 600 sq ft $4000/mo apartment in San Francisco.

Jesus fucking Christ!!!!!!

#8035 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not His fault.

#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's the reason he has it in there to begin with. It's a miracle it fit and his wife let him have it in the first place.

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Baby is on the way so, unfortunately, I have to let go of my Shaq Attaq project. Ball 1 plays fine, ball2 won't kick out. That's all that is wrong with it. The wife also hates looking at it. Bright n tight! $900
Game is located in a 600 sq ft $4000/mo apartment in San Francisco. Need the space.

How do you fit the other eleven games in your 600 sf apartment?

#8038 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

How do you fit the other eleven games in your 600 sf apartment?

The power of Christ compels you!

#8039 4 years ago

“I need an old tech and a young tech.”

#8040 4 years ago

what everyone needs is a Shaq Attaq

#8041 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Tell that to your wife

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Tell that to your wife

I tried to talk some sense into her. She doesn’t appreciate the big man.

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

You should just talk someone into bringing that down for you to Captain's auction Warehouse.

#8045 4 years ago

I may have to haul it down to the Captain’s Auction. It’s “bright & tight”!

#8046 4 years ago

I'm down to 4 games and might need to let another go. Problem is I'm pretty attached to the 4 I have left, was easier to whittle things down before. Bleh.

On the other hand, I have a garage for my games and it's half the size of that apartment by itself, so there's that. Problem is I keep fitting arcade cabs in where I used to have pins. Backwards from so many collections, I know.

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm down to 4 games and might need to let another go. Problem is I'm pretty attached to the 4 I have left, was easier to whittle things down before. Bleh.
On the other hand, I have a garage for my games and it's half the size of that apartment by itself, so there's that. Problem is I keep fitting arcade cabs in where I used to have pins. Backwards from so many collections, I know.

Not me. I have 20 arcade games and 2 pins currently.

#8048 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Not me. I have 20 arcade games and 2 pins currently.

Every vid collector I know who got into pinball sold off arcade games to get more pins. But they were all classic collectors mostly, and those to me are fun to visit than own.

#8049 4 years ago

In this past year, I took funds for one A/B titled pin and Restored a Double Dragon, Contra, Heavy Barrel, Nfl Blitz and got a really Nice upright Starwars and still had cash to mod my latest pick up a original restored Afm. I filled my game room with a ton of childhood memories to share with my kids. Nothing wrong with pin and vids.

#8050 4 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Ever considered South SF, San Bruno, Daly City, East Bay? More space for Shaq Attack and baby.

There are 12,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/161?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.