(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,964 posts
  • 479 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by AXrelay
  • Topic is favorited by 296 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 7964 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 160.
#7801 34 days ago

Hello Pinsiders...

I have both HUO; America's Most Haunted and PoTC (stern).

I'm looking for Champion Pub, Houdini, the Getaway HSII or Junk Yard,

and/or System 11's: like Game Show, Simpsons (D.E.), Bad Cats, Mousin Around

I'd consider a straight purchases, or (+/-) cash, what ever is fair. I'm in the East Bay Area, Northern California (40 miles east of San Francisco).

No problem driving to So. Cal, North near Oregon, or East into Nevada

Thanks!
Kerry

#7802 34 days ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

That seems like a very nice price on GB. Is it really that hated? Lol

Split crowd. No consensus.

#7803 33 days ago

I think GB is a great game and if I didn’t have a nice Pro I’d be all about it.

#7804 33 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think GB is a great game

I agree with you. It's definitely not a game for beginners. More for advanced players. For me, my LE is a Grail game. I love how challenging this game is.

#7805 33 days ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I agree with you. It's definitely not a game for beginners. More for advanced players. For me, my LE is a Grail game. I love how challenging this game is.

Totall BS. I’m not a beginner. And because I’m not a beginner I can see plain as day that GB is not challenging. It’s unplayable due to its horrid design. I love a challenge. I hate a game that’s made so poorly that nothing you do matters. Ball will hop the outlane. Ball will fling off targets down the middle. Ball will rattle in the poorly designed orbit and go STDM due to the mile wide flipper gap. On the Prem/LE, add the horrible right ramp that the ball always comes back down on, and the stupid magna slings that just stop and drop the ball down the middle.

That is not “challenge”.

That is the worst game ever made in the history of the universe. People love the theme tho, it’s blinding.

#7806 33 days ago

Looking to trade huo MET pro for.....gotg pro or deadpool pro....pm me...thanks......

#7807 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Totall BS. I’m not a beginner. And because I’m not a beginner I can see plain as day that GB is not challenging. It’s unplayable due to its horrid design. I love a challenge. I hate a game that’s made so poorly that nothing you do matters. Ball will hop the outlane. Ball will fling off targets down the middle. Ball will rattle in the poorly designed orbit and go STDM due to the mile wide flipper gap. On the Prem/LE, add the horrible right ramp that the ball always comes back down on, and the stupid magna slings that just stop and drop the ball down the middle.
That is not “challenge”.
That is the worst game ever made in the history of the universe. People love the theme tho, it’s blinding.

You mad bro?

#7808 33 days ago

Anyone here get the Flash Gordon that was on CL Thursday night? Looked good for 2500, had restenciled cabinet and nice playfield. I was heading out of town or would have called on it...

#7809 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is not “challenge”.

I know you hate this answer... but almost all those issues can be easily addressed. YES Stern should have done it. But between the swinks target brackets, some small tasteful outlane plastic guides, and just setting the game up correctly most of those issues become moot.

Now, okay... the flipper gap is what it is, but no one hates Creature because of the flipper gap, no one hates lightning flipper games because of the flipper gap. You can pass, you can catch...

Manga slings well... they’re a thing, that’s for sure. Magnets are supposed to add that random element, and these sure as hell do.

I know you’re not gonna change your mind, so I don’t know why I wrote this out, I’m just kinda sorry you can’t see what I do I guess. Fun game, good sound (again, better with a mod, lol) and one that keeps me coming back.

#7810 33 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I know you hate this answer... but almost all those issues can be easily addressed. YES Stern should have done it. But between the swinks target brackets, some small tasteful outlane plastic guides, and just setting the game up correctly most of those issues become moot.
Now, okay... the flipper gap is what it is, but no one hates Creature because of the flipper gap, no one hates lightning flipper games because of the flipper gap. You can pass, you can catch...
Manga slings well... they’re a thing, that’s for sure. Magnets are supposed to add that random element, and these sure as hell do.
I know you’re not gonna change your mind, so I don’t know why I wrote this out, I’m just kinda sorry you can’t see what I do I guess. Fun game, good sound (again, better with a mod, lol) and one that keeps me coming back.

You wrote it for folks like me that haven't see a well articulated rebuttle before. Thanks for aharing!

#7811 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is not “challenge”.

First of all, bicyclenut's opinion on this game is not total BS. He is entitled to his opinion. So are you. And so am I.
IMO GB is a blast to play. Yes it's difficult and challenging, and sometimes it did make me want to punch the glass, but it IS fun. And beginners ARE going to have a hard time with it.
I sold my Premium and wish I hadn't.
"The worst game ever made in the history of the universe".. really??
I do agree with some of the things you said. It does have some design flaws. They are very addressable though as gunstarhero said. And the magnaslings are designed to be an awesome pain in the ass. They are supposed to be random and catch and fling the ball. "Ghosts" are messing with your ball. I love it

#7812 33 days ago
Quoted from Buzz:

You mad bro?

Nope. I just don’t care for the worst game ever made in the history of all gaming in the known universe, and it always baffles me when anyone goes to bat for such a flawed and horribly designed machine. Looks like plenty of GB cultists in CA, though...so I’m sure it will sell quickly lol

#7813 33 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

False equivelancy. Games with gaps/lighting flips are still good designs & needed that element so the games with simpler rules like FT and BSD didn’t have long ball times. GB’s gap is bigger than PedoJohn’s normal wider gap - and Stern insiders have confirmed that it was a mistake that was caught too late. A gap like that doesn’t work on a modern and/or linear ruleset. That gap along with all the other cheap drains result in “Who Brought The Dog: The Game”. Absolute ANTI-FUN. Cheap design is not challenge.

#7814 33 days ago

Do we really have to rehash this boring conversation here? I’ve read it 200 times already. Greg, I love you man, but I think we know how you feel about GB by now.

Let people sell their games.

#7815 33 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do we really have to rehash this boring conversation here? I’ve read it 200 times already. Greg, I love you man, but I think we know how you feel about GB by now.

Agreed, old news. This is a for sale thread.

#7816 33 days ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I’ve read the gaslighting 200 times. Take it up with them.

#7817 33 days ago

I like mine and can hit the ramp with both flippers. I don't have the same experience you have had. I love your passion though.

#7818 33 days ago

Me too,Buzz!!!!

#7819 33 days ago

Wow - we are total and complete geeks!

#7820 33 days ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

cheers for the plug, I have a couple of other upgrades to polish this game to hopefully make more desirable

#7821 33 days ago

I love my GB-prem. My 6yo granddaughter & I play it a lot together. She sings "Who ya gonna call... GhostBusters" and does her little dance. My game isn't going anywhere.

#7822 33 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I love my GB-LE. My 6yo granddaughter & I play it a lot together. She sings "Who ya gonna call... GhostBusters" and does her little dance. My game isn't going anywhere.

Best review of GhostBusters Ever!
Right there, its right there gang.
Let's have some fun and put down our serious sticks.

#7823 32 days ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

HUO TSPP listed in Santa Clarita. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-simpsons-pinball-party-110#post-4945257 Thanks!

Machine - For Sale

The Simpsons Pinball Party

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Documented, HUO, TSPP with original sales receipt from Orange Country Games. This game sat in one spot in my friends office it’s entire life and had very little play and original...”

5,800 (OBO)

Mark sale pending
Edit ad details
End ad listing

Price dropped to $5800 OBO

#7824 32 days ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Price dropped to $5800 OBO

Wow. I can't believe how prices have soared. I passed on a TSPP in decent /good shape about 3 years ago at $4000 because the price seemed high.

#7825 32 days ago

Hello pinsiders,

I have a gilligans island up for sale at 2800 obo.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78222

I have a Jurassic park at 3700 obo.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78425

And I have a taxi that should be ready by golden State pinball festival that I am looking to get 2700 for.

Willing to so a trade for any two of these machine +/- cash for an AFM. Dependant on condition.

#7826 32 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Wow. I can't believe how prices have soared. I passed on a TSPP in decent /good shape about 3 years ago at $4000 because the price seemed high.

For the sake of your wallet, do not equate asking prices with actual value. Sold prices determine actual value.

#7827 32 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

Welcome to 2019! It’s all kinda relative to the NIB market, who’s prices have gone bonkers yet buyers are buying. When a “Premium” Stern is like $7500 now & doesn’t have a fraction of the features of a TSPP, $5800 seems like a pretty good deal!

#7828 31 days ago

I passed on a 3500.00 TSPP 4 years ago. It did need a lot of work.

#7829 31 days ago

Pinflation sucks!
Lets not even talk about what prices were in 2008 when i was getting the pin bug. Look at my old collection. Ive had 80 games. Many were all bought under $1000 and $500.

#7830 31 days ago

Going to list a Gottlieb Gold Wings. Plays and looks pretty good. Complete with topper and air horn. No pf wear and has a few lights that need to be changed. Have to get pics to get in the marketplace. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanx in advance.

#7831 31 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Pinflation sucks!
Lets not even talk about what prices were in 2008 when i was getting the pin bug. Look at my old collection. Ive had 80 games. Many were all bought under $1000 and $500.

Ahhhh the good old days! Games were “cheap” and popping up on Craigslist every 2 seconds. Even with all the competition from collectors and flippers, everyone was able to score great deals!

#7832 31 days ago

Good news is that all of the games you bought back then are now worth double, the ones that you knew you were overpaying for aren't looking too shabby & the deals you passed on hurt just a little more.

#7833 30 days ago

Another non-pin post, but my Ms. Pac sold in 2 seconds to a Pinsider....

Original Williams JOUST arcade game for sale. Pretty nice, great monitor, bezel & marquee. Some light 80’s graffiti scratches on the side. I put on a new control panel overlay when I got it 13 years ago, still looks nice. Buttons light up. Also did the lithium battery mod way back then...fresh battery just installed.

Asking $1250

Hit me up if interested, I’ll text ya pics!

Thanks!

Added 27 days ago:

SOLD!

#7834 30 days ago

Price reduced on gilligans to 2600 obo.

And price reduced to 3600 on Jurassic park.

Still willing to make a trade for an AFM +/- cash dependant on condition. Or I am willing to trade gilligans island + cash for a WCS94 or Jurassic park +cash your way.

#7835 29 days ago

Hey guys. I am contemplating the sale of Fun House and figured I would check here first. I would like a local sale but may be going to Golden State Pinball Festival and could deliver there. I will place an ad soon in the marketplace and in any event will make a donation to Pinside if sold here.

I have had it about 7 or 8 years. It has a brand new (from back then) PF, (i think it was CPR). There was some minor flaws in the CC and they paid to have Chris @ HEP re-do it. It isn't brand new anymore since it has been played in but it looks really nice. (can't be more then 2 or 300 plays). All new plastics, Rudy works great (took a little to put him together as he wasn't working when I got it.). The game could use a few minor tweaks to get it playing perfectly (shooter rods need adjustment) but it is fast and works very well.

The power board went to Chris Hibler as it has an intermittent reset. It seems to have resolved the issue.

The display works perfectly, but needed a bunch of jumpers to get it going and is a bit "fragile" Occasionally it was lose some rows or numbers but that seems to be contacts. Wiggle things around and they come back on.

I replaced the battery holder with a stock style one and nicad batteries. There was a little acid bleed but it doesn't appear to have done any damage.

The cabinet is good shape. I stripped the entire interior sanded cleaned up and painted the inside sides with a spray can blue that matches everything nicely. It looks like a new machine in there. The outside is still in good shape, not perfect but no serious wear or scrapes. The head was a bit beat and one side panel was replaced. I painted it the same spray blue (left the back alone to leave the screening) and applied new vinyl to the sides. It all looks good... not a professional restore but I am happy with it.

The coin door was cleaned up and sprayed with a hammer tone paint. Looks good.

Overall it is a really nice machine. I would say much better then the "average" players machine but short of the nicely fully restored models. I have some pictures but can't add them here.. Looking for $5,200.

Dave

#7836 29 days ago

I’m ready to move on from my AFMRLE, it has the black trim and looks beautiful. I’m looking to trade for a MBRLE or MBSE, or possibly trade down but MB has first priority. I’ll post in the market soon but thought I’d give the locals first shot. Any interest shoot me a pm and I can send pictures.

#7837 28 days ago

Lots of stuff coming up at Captain's Auction tomorrow. Beatles Gold, a Tron Legacy LE (I am wondering what that will go for). X-Men, Star Trek Pro, Sopranos, Mr Mrs Pacman, Harley Davidson, Jubilee, Carnival, Little Chief, King Kool, Circus, Bongo, Fun Cruise, Hook, Elvis, Judge Dredd, T2, TZ, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Shaq Attaq, at the end a Beatles Platinum in the box.

It will be interesting to see what the Tron goes for, also the T2 which seems to be nice from the pics. Bongo looks pretty cool, I had never seen that one before until now.

I wonder what one of those T2 Judgment Day arcades with the machine guns would go for? Man, it would be cool to have that side by side with a T2 pinball.

As usual, also a lot of arcades, skeeballs, pool tables etc.

If this link works, this is kind of cool-looking and something I haven't seen before: a pile of 80s arcade game marquees. No idea what those would go for, but seems like they could be cool for something...maybe artwork in a game room.

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/18/lot/5213?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18%3Fpage%3D11

The very last item is intriguing: 4 boxes of "misc pinball small parts". What the heck is in there? You would have to go over there and look. Looks like a lot of lamp sockets maybe?

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/18/lot/5369?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F18%3Fpage%3D11

#7838 28 days ago

Anyone from the Bay Area going down to the Captains Auction on Sat? Just wondering if someone was looking to make some money to bring a machine or two up this way if so I might make a few bids on line. Let me know, Thanks

#7839 28 days ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Anyone from the Bay Area going down to the Captains Auction on Sat? Just wondering if someone was looking to make some money to bring a machine or two up this way if so I might make a few bids on line. Let me know, Thanks

They'll ship to you.

#7840 28 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I wonder what one of those T2 Judgment Day arcades with the machine guns would go for?

$800-$1200?

#7841 28 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I wonder what one of those T2 Judgment Day arcades with the machine guns would go for?

You can get them for less than 500.

#7842 28 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Lots of stuff coming up at Captain's Auction tomorrow. Beatles Gold, a Tron Legacy LE (I am wondering what that will go for).

Always remember that Captain's auctions aren't real auctions. They're just sales. The owners of all these games will be there bidding on their own game to get it to the price they want.....and the buyer will pay auction fees plus tax on top of it. You're not gonna get a deal at a fake auction.

#7843 28 days ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Rarely any deals at Captain's anymore. Seems past couple years everything goes for top dollar, then you pay Buyer's Premium, plus sales tax.
5-8 years ago were the glory days at the auction. The Auction has grown to a Nationwide and Global audience. I've seen it personally.
The Captain has created and deserves credit for what he has built over the years. Awesome guy, I mean really Great Humble individual.
I will be there tomorrow morning if you have a question. I can even send pics in PM's. 9am to 1130 am, then off to work.
Full disclosure- I purchased and sold at auction for 10 years. I always look forward to seeing Friends from up North and Arizona. The auction becomes semi-pin reunion every time.

#7844 28 days ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

You can get them for less than 500.

Eh prices have been creeping up on them much like everything else. There is one n Reno right now for $750, I paid $600 for about 6-8 months ago and it was the cheapest one I saw pop up in a long time not to mention the only one I saw pop up in a while.

#7845 28 days ago

I agree about Captain’s Auction. Actually I believe that about any auctions period. Cars, antiques, art, whatever. I just assume it is filled with owners bidding on their own stuff, shills bidding, chandelier bids, and who knows what. But you can always do your research on an item and then back calculate all the fees and figure out what you would be willing to pay. As long as you hold to that and don’t get caught up in bidding you won’t overpay. Maybe you could luck out and get a reasonable deal. But probably not.

Suppose the Tron LE is a good and clean example. It seems if you want one you are going to have to put out $11,000 these days. Maybe you could get one for $10,500 or even $10,000. But $11,000 seems to be the current asking price.

If you win a bid at $11,000 then you have to pay 15% on top of that so another $1650 on top of that to make it $12,650. Then OC sales tax of 7.75% to. To make the total about $13,600. Ouch.

If you got it for a bid of $8,500 then you would be out the door for around $10,500. That would be a somewhat decent deal. But do you think the hammer will fall at $8,500? I doubt it well, we’ll see.

#7846 28 days ago
Quoted from seenev:

I had a pristine HUO TSPP that I picked up a few years back for $4000.00. Things change quickly in this hobby, not always for the good.

#7847 28 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I agree about Captain’s Auction. Actually I believe that about any auctions period

The old Super Auctions weren’t like that. They were true auctions....they’d find some old warehouse full of games and everything had to go - no one had a vested interest in pumping up each unit. Goal was “remove these from the property”. They had some of their own shady practices, but great deals on games until the inventory dried up.

#7848 28 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The old Super Auctions weren’t like that. They were true auctions....they’d find some old warehouse full of games and everything had to go - no one had a vested interest in pumping up each unit. Goal was “remove these from the property”. They had some of their own shady practices, but great deals on games until the inventory dried up.

There is a Super Auction in my Garage!
Ahh, the good ol'days.

#7849 28 days ago

I would like to place a bid on that fire & Giligans Eric.

#7850 28 days ago

Any one looking for Kiss premium
Shaker & stern topper , few mods also
Lmk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 229.99
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7964 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 160.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside