(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 255.
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I for one will never buy ANY used, 20+ year old pins for twice what it cost brand new, regardless of its condition... And if this means I will never acquire the last 4 games on my wishlist, so be it!! I wont be on the list of chumps who help drive up pin prices to the retarded level they are these days!
No offense or anything dude, just why you wont hear from me on this one. But good luck selling, there are still plenty of chumps around here with way more dollars than sense!!

Some games will be lower priced, some will be higher...just basic supply and demand. IJ's always been a hot game, but they made a lot of them and it's never been in HUGE demand relative to its supply.

If the game hasn't sold at a given price, there's no need to for "surprise". It hasn't sold because it's priced too high. Simple. It's in "NIB price" territory, and any potential customers with that kind of cash to spend are probably looking at those options these days.

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I for one will never buy ANY used, 20+ year old pins for twice what it cost brand new, regardless of its condition... And if this means I will never acquire the last 4 games on my wishlist, so be it!! I wont be on the list of chumps who help drive up pin prices to the retarded level they are these days!
No offense or anything dude, just why you wont hear from me on this one. But good luck selling, there are still plenty of chumps around here with way more dollars than sense!!

As far as chumps with more dollars than sense, that's true of any hobby. It really didn't start infecting the pinball hobby until about 12 years ago, though. Fortunately for me, and a lot of other "old" guys/gals that have been in the hobby for decades, we got the majority of our machines (and parts) rather inexpensively.

#6753 5 years ago

I’m actually looking for a Indy but that’s out of my price range.

#6754 5 years ago

Different perspectives are always interesting on price. If you pay 8k for an IJ today that's equivalent to ~$4600 back in 1993 when it was released. For a mint machine that wouldn't surprise me, but when that same amount of money could go towards a new in box pin it makes decisions more difficult.

I don't think asking >7k is out of line for a mint IJ, but that's just today's market pricing.

#6755 5 years ago

It's tough for those of us who've been in the hobby for 15+ years who bought five or ten-year-old B/W pins for $2800-$3200 in mint condition to swallow paying $7k or more for these same 25-year-old games now.

Heck, it seems like yesterday that Twinmice sold me NF, White Water, WCS, and Shadow all for sub-2K in good condition. Those days are gone. lol

But it's all good.

#6756 5 years ago
Quoted from Pball:

If you pay 8k for an IJ today that's equivalent to ~$4600 back in 1993 when it was released. For a mint machine that wouldn't surprise me, but when that same amount of money could go towards a new in box pin it makes decisions more difficult.
I don't think asking $7k is out of line for a mint IJ, but that's just today's market pricing.

I disagree, because IJ cost $3600 new, and your theory only works if you were buying a NIB IJ today... In fact this particular machine is NOT even mint, to even be worth anywhere near this price, it needs a full cab restore right off the bat! That's a ton of labor time, and anyone worth his salt knows you need to buy a new set of rails and guides to do it right, plus materials. So at the end of the day, with your investment, parts, materials & labor, you'll have upwards of 10 G's into this game... Which is flat out ridiculous! If you dig Superpins, go buy a Roadshow AND a Demo Man for 2/3 the price of this one game!

#6757 5 years ago

This is funny to me. All I did was drop my asking price and say that I was surprised it hadn't sold yet. And this caused 11 new comments. All because my asking price seems high to some of you. You guys are absolutely entitled to your opinions. Maybe you're right...
In my opinion an IJ that works perfectly with a great playfield has high value. Including new decals which are REALLY difficult to find adds more value too. Is it worth as much as a new Stern? Maybe. Some would say yes.

Pinball machines cost more now than they did in the 90s. That's just a fact. We may not like it but it's still a fact. Some of the most popular used classics are still going to cost more than less popular used games.

Analogy for you.. in the late 90s I bought a brand new Sanger wakeboard boat for $25k. Now many new wakeboard boats cost upwards of $100k and many used boats are over 50k. Crazy but true. It's tough to find an expensive hobby that has maintained the same cost over 20 years...

No disrespect intended here guys. I hope to play some games and have a drink with you guys in Lodi this month. Should be a great event.

Oh and by the way, my ad has always said OBO.

Nick "imagamejunky"

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

. All I did was drop my asking price and say that I was surprised it hadn't sold yet.

Holding my tongue for to long on this.
F them all. Raise the price back up and dont be in such a hurry. It all sells eventually.
Price police shit has to to stop.
Guys. Not our job to criticise for sale ads.
We all have opinions, thank our forefathers for the First Amendment. But in this case, do you want guys to bash your machine every time you try to sell it?
How would you feel?
And frankly Indy is a 6 ro 8 k machine now.
Go check sale archives.

#6759 5 years ago

Price police have been around since IJ was $3000 pin @ericpinballfan. It's not going to stop. You have your price and you have your pin, doesn't hurt anyone if it doesn't sell unless you need the money.

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Holding my tongue for to long on this.
F them all. Raise the price back up and dont be in such a hurry. It all sells eventually.
Price police shit has to to stop.
Guys. Not our job to criticise for sale ads.
We all have opinions, thank our forefathers for the First Amendment. But in this case, do you want guys to bash your machine every time you try to sell it?
How would you feel?
And frankly Indy is a 6 ro 8 k machine now.
Go check sale archives.

This thread isn’t usually price police-ie....but that comment “I’m surprised it hasn’t sold” ...that was like a weird attempt at buyer-shaming. Like, we’re too f-into stupid to grab this great deal. So - that’s why it got a ton of comments. The only reason something sits unsold: Priced. Too. High. Just a fact.

#6761 5 years ago

Yep, you got me man. Trying to buyer shame. That was my plan.
Whatever the F that is

#6762 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

“I’m surprised it hasn’t sold” ...that was like a weird attempt at buyer-shaming. Like, we’re too f-into stupid to grab this great deal.

LOL... that's a bit of a reach dude. But everyone is entitled to their .02

#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Price police have been around since IJ was $3000 pin ericpinballfan. It's not going to stop. You have your price and you have your pin, doesn't hurt anyone if it doesn't sell unless you need the money.

Is your avatar a pizza cat? Awesome lol.

Also, I'm selling my new BOP repro playfield. Pre-ordered it some time ago with the intent of restoring my machine, but now that I just got it I don't actually have the machine anymore. Figured I'd see if anyone local in Los Angeles wants it (don't want to ship), if not no biggie I'll hang it on the wall as bad ass art.

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Hey all, I pre-ordered this new repro of the Bride of Pinbot playfield some time ago with the intent of fully restoring my machine. I just got the playfield but have since sold the...”
2018-05-10
Thousand Oaks, CA
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 172 times

#6764 5 years ago

Analogy for you.. in the late 90s I bought a brand new Sanger wakeboard boat for $25k. Now many new wakeboard boats cost upwards of $100k and many used boats are over 50k.

So you think that your 20-year-old used boat is now worth upwards of $100K, because that's what they cost new now?

I like this theory!! I have a '91 Ferrari 348ts in really nice condition, and it even has a few nice and holy-shit expensive upgrades! Ferrari's sell new now for $220K+, so I guess that makes mine worth that much too! Any takers? Eric?

Oh wait, used sell for half of new? Wouldn't that make this IJ worth $4K?? Ok fine... I'll take $110K for my Ferrari... Eric??

#6765 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

So you think that your 20-year-old used boat is now worth upwards of $100K, because that's what they cost new now?
I like this theory!! I have a '91 Ferrari 348ts in really nice condition, and it even has a few nice and holy-shit expensive upgrades! Ferrari's sell new now for $220K+, so I guess that makes mine worth that much too! Any takers? Eric?
Oh wait, used sell for half of new? Wouldn't that make this IJ worth $4K?? Ok fine... I'll take $110K for my Ferrari... Eric??

Steve, relax. Watch the blood pressure.
Dude, i like you. Its ok, you have your opinion.
Fyi, it all depends on the ferrari, to each there own. Yours is nice...but I would only give you 40 for it. I dont need a Ferrari.
Indy hasnt been a 3k, 4k game for over 10 years. Were 2 decads into 21st century. Pinflation is real. If they were that cheap you would have 3, and so would I. I paid 6 for mine 2 years ago and had to do a ton of shit on it. Ive easily thrown another 2k into it. But im not selling. Someone with cash at my house really wants it, im charging 10k.

#6766 5 years ago

I am totally relaxed, this is a totally friendly debate. Your offer on my car totally proves my point, so thank you for that! There are a ton of stooopid priced pins out there lately that dont sell, so I hope this is an indicator that "pinflation" is on a downturn and prices eventually get back to consistent with worth! I believe that we, the members of Pinside, the experts in this field caused "pinflation", and we also have the collective power to reverse it by refusing to pay twice or more what pins are really worth.

#6767 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale

Bump for price drop. This is a fantastic IJ. Quite frankly I’m surprised nobody has bought this yet..

Hey man, I will not be buyer-shamed by you or anyone else. Shame on you for making me feel bad about myself.

#6768 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

No offense or anything dude, just why you wont hear from me on this one.

Yet we keep hearing from you on this one.

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There are a ton of stooopid priced pins out there lately that dont sell, so I hope this is an indicator that "pinflation" is on a downturn and prices eventually get back to consistent with worth! I believe that we, the members of Pinside, the experts in this field caused "pinflation", and we also have the collective power to reverse it by refusing to pay twice or more what pins are really worth.

Dude, its simple supply and demand. IJ has high demand. The game isn't being made anymore. There is a finite amount. The Bally/Williams games are, quite frankly, made much better to boot. Personally, I'd much rather have a game from that era for the same price as a NIB Stern. Just because it is old doesn't mean it has to depreciate. And your car analogy is flawed. It only works if you choose a classic car with high demand.

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Dude, its simple supply and demand. IJ has high demand.

Hmm, and yet the demand for $7-9K IJ's appears to be ZERO! 12,700+ units is the 6th highest produced pin in Williams entire history! So there's a HUGE supply!
Cant argue with your quality point tho...
The funniest thing about this topic is I have ZERO interest in an IJ for my collection! It aint even on my wish list! So, i'm done on this subject... --applause--

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The funniest thing about this topic is I have ZERO interest in an IJ for my collection! It aint even on my wish list! So, i'm done on this subject... --applause--

Damn. There goes my weekend entertainment.

Thanks a lot.

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

So, i'm done on this subject... --applause--

This is what I'm thumbing up!

#6773 5 years ago

In other news...... anybody here going to GSPF that would be interested in trading some of their collapsible pingulps for some solid round ones?

#6774 5 years ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

In other news...... anybody here going to GSPF that would be interested in trading some of their collapsible pingulps for some solid round ones?

I have some solid round ones that are the old non detachable style I’ll sell for $5 a piece? Can bring with me to GSPF

#6775 5 years ago

Ill be at the show on the 20th. My first time.

Like to sell my mini virtual pin. PM me if i interested?

https://pinballbulbs.com/products/pinballbulbs-mini-virtual-pinball-combo

#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have some solid round ones that are the old non detachable style I’ll sell for $5 a piece? Can bring with me to GSPF

Actually I was looking to trade some of my solid round ones for collapsibles Thanks though!

#6777 5 years ago

Anyone need a restored WPC89 power driver board. Better than new all new caps and a bunch of other bulletproofing done by mr. Chris Hibler. Can bring to GSPF

#6778 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Anyone need a restored WPC89 power driver board. Better than new all new caps and a bunch of other bulletproofing done by mr. Chris Hibler. Can bring to GSPF

I’m interested. I’ll PM you.

#6779 5 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have some solid round ones that are the old non detachable style I’ll sell for $5 a piece?

I'd be in for a couple of those.

#6780 5 years ago

Any lower end games for sale in the San Diego area? I'm in the market for something in the $1,500-2,500 range.

#6781 5 years ago

Baywatch $2700

#6782 5 years ago

Anyone know of somebody that does shipping from CA to AZ? Or recommend best shipping methods for that transport? Thanks

#6783 5 years ago

Just posted Chris fox's info in AZ thread for you. He's doing a trip this weekend but you would have to call now if it's not to late.

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Just posted Chris fox's info in AZ thread for you. He's doing a trip this weekend but you would have to call now if it's not to late.

Thanks buzz. The buyer hasn't officially paid for the game so it would be a real leap of faith on my part if we tried to do it now. I'll call him and see if it's even conceivable. Thanks.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Ill be at the show on the 20th. My first time.
Like to sell my mini virtual pin. PM me if i interested?
https://pinballbulbs.com/products/pinballbulbs-mini-virtual-pinball-combo

#6786 5 years ago

Sale Pending...
While I like the game, I don't love it and really don't have enough room to have a Pinball Museum, so I'm selling my AFMr (LE #34) (green trim), purchased from Larry @ Flip N Out.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63655
I've made one last reduction to $7200, located at 94583, prefer local buyer...no trades; as of a few days ago it had 146 plays.
If it doesn't sell I may give it to my son-in-law for his game room...I need the space and am tired of looking at it as it reminds me of how much I paid for something I'd really rather not have.
Thanks.
Robert

Added over 6 years ago: Game is sold!

#6787 5 years ago

Last call for anyone wanting my insane Medieval Madness from scratch project. $4k for the lot of parts. Add $2k for the NBAFB if interested, only with this package.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3iaxtfbc9sv157l/AABkVtmz9J2GuYpg-vTNPYsXa?dl=0

In about a week I'll be selling everything individually if it doesn't go by then. Thanks for all the inquiries on this so far!

#6788 5 years ago

Looking for a Millionare populated PF or parts game. Will be at the Golden State show in Lodi.

#6789 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
AC/DC (Pro) Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my original 2012 run AC/DC pro. It was akin until late 2015. It was lightly routed and still has most of its life ahead of it. Play field was cleaned and waxed. All rubbers...”
2018-05-16
San Jose, CA
4,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 167 times
I just posted my AC/DC pro for sale in the classifieds. It’s lightly routed but still in great shape. It’s located in south San Jose Almaden area. Asking $4k.

Thanks

#6790 5 years ago

What a deal forgot the k. $4k.

#6791 5 years ago
Quoted from fusion:

Asking $4.
Thanks

“Thanks.” No, thank you! Pm sent!

#6792 5 years ago

Even at 4 bucks you will get price police after you on Pinside.

#6793 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Even at 4 bucks you will get price police after you on Pinside.

Does the term "price police" include "price pumpers?" Because the latter is what you would have if he was selling at $4.

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Does the term "price police" include "price pumpers?" Because the latter is what you would have if he was selling at $4.

I'll see your $4 bucks and offer $10. Auction style.

#6795 5 years ago

Still looking to trade my TWD premium.

#6796 5 years ago

I have an Airborne Avenger super widebody cabinet that I am going to give away. No legs or lockdown bar, it does come with a coin door. Free to any pinsider that wants it. Would be perfect for a virtual pin project, will need to pick it up in Bakersfield.

#6797 5 years ago

Up for sale or trade is my home use only rob zombie. Has a $300 light kit added. Asking $5250 or trade +\- cash. Located in the east bay.

#6798 5 years ago

Selling my Ghostbusters Premium since I finally found an LE:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Second owner HUO Ghostbusters Premium Pinball Machine for sale. Ecto goggle protector, Tilt Graphics gameblades, Cointaker shaker, and Cliffy's installed since day 1. I'm only sell...”
2018-05-17
Austin, TX
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 181 times
Contributed to Pinside

#6799 5 years ago

Will be bringing my Iron Man up to Golden State Pinball festival tomorrow! Looking to get $4,300 for it.

#6800 5 years ago

I decided to list my original owner HUO Rob Zombie up for sale or trade in Southern California. Would prefer a trade, so if you are local-ish and interested in picking up a RZSSI, let me know what you have for trade. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-or-trade-rob-zombies-spookshow-international-1

There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.