(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,695 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by JWE
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 254.
#6651 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I remember going to an auction years ago. Was a bit disillusioned when I noticed owners bidding on their own machines.
Many of the games were won by the owners when the bid price didn't get high enough for them. Later learned this is called a "buy back" and is common.

Good auctions are long gone...Captains is mostly consignments, so you're really just buying games under the guise of an auction. The true auctions were Super Auctions, before Captains came onto the scene. They auctioned equipment that large companies just wanted to get rid of...there was no vested interest in pumping prices - the purpose was CLEAR IT OUT by the end of the day. I never actually bought a pin at Super Auctions, as they were still a bit pricey considering the condition and work they needed...but man did I get some amazing deals on dedicated classic arcade games!!!

#6652 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I remember going to an auction years ago. Was a bit disillusioned when I noticed owners bidding on their own machines.
Many of the games were won by the owners when the bid price didn't get high enough for them. Later learned this is called a "buy back" and is common.

This seems...ethically questionable, but I guess if they pay the buyer's premium and sales tax, the auction house is happy. Plus, having a reserve would actually decrease the chances that some of these things sell which hurts the auction house.

What a world.

Can you imagine eating $750 on a $3,000 game of yours that you have buy back?

#6653 5 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

This seems...ethically questionable, but I guess if they pay the buyer's premium and sales tax, the auction house is happy. Plus, having a reserve would actually decrease the chances that some of these things sell which hurts the auction house.
What a world.
Can you imagine eating $750 on a $3,000 game of yours that you have buy back?

The owners didn't have to pay sales tax and buyers premium, just a small fee to buy the games back.

#6654 5 years ago

There were some deals to be had as I don't think all the owners were buying there games back or they were there to move games, not maximize profits. This was about 15 years ago so things may have changed.

#6655 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The owners didn't have to pay sales tax and buyers premium, just a small fee to buy the games back.

Well, boo if true.

#6656 5 years ago

I'm selling my AFMr (LE #34) (green trim), purchased from Larry @ Flip N Out.

I just don't play it much, and decided to keep my MMr as I prefer it more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63655

Located at 94583, prefer local buyer...no trades.

Robert

#6657 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

That and I enjoy having sex with my wife, so there’s that.

$3300 seems kinda high price to pay for sex.

#6658 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

$3300 seems kinda high price to pay for sex.

If you're married long enough you end up paying far far more than that!!!

#6659 5 years ago

There's no such thing as a fair price when it comes to making the wife happy

#6660 5 years ago

Im got two games that need to find new homes: 1)AC/DC Pro original run- all lamps changed out with comet LED's, bands all changed to clear, just cleaned and waxed. Plays great. Not HUO but is a solid 8 out of 10. 2) Aerosmith Pro- cliffies installed, corners reinforced, cleaned and waxed. 9 out of 10. Would like to get $4k for the acdc and $4500 for aerosmith.

#6661 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Mint / flawless condition AFMr LE with black powdercoat armor. Has the latest PIC installed. No flaws, not a scratch, etc. Worked perfect right out of box. Has a little over ...”
2018-05-01
Coto De Caza, CA
7,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 352 times

Reduced to a bottom of the barrel pricing on this! $7500 to a local buyer, no haggle pricing right there- come and grab this killer deal !! Need to have it gone, hence the "eager to sell" price. Paid $8299 delivered only 6 months ago.

#6662 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Machine - For Sale
Attack From Mars (Remake - LE)HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Mint / flawless condition AFMr LE with black powdercoat armor.

Has the latest PIC installed.

No flaws, not a scratch, etc. Worked perfect right out of box.

Has a little over ...”
7,450 (Firm)
Mark sale pendingEdit ad detailsEnd ad listing

Reduced to a bottom of the barrel pricing on this! $7500 to a local buyer, no haggle pricing right there- come and grab this killer deal !! Need to have it gone, hence the "eager to sell" price. Paid $8299 delivered only 6 months ago.

Dropped it again to $7450 and will drop it $50 per day until it sells.

Need to make room asap

Best deal you'll find on an AFMR LE, ANYWHERE

#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

will drop it $50 per day until it sells.

#6664 5 years ago

Free bump. Already have an AFM or I’d buy this.

Quoted from kpg:

Need to make room asap

#6665 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Need to make room asap

Tempted as F....

#6667 5 years ago

That is a decent deal
But need to wait another 30 days before it’s get to where I want it to be
Fingers crossed for next 30 days

#6668 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

That is a decent deal
But need to wait another 30 days before it’s get to where I want it to be
Fingers crossed for next 30 days

I’ll buy it on day 29

#6669 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ll buy it on day 29

Day 28

#6670 5 years ago

If it doesn't sell by Sunday I'm keeping it and moving a pin upstairs to make room for my new one.

$7400 is going to be my bottom line.

If you have wanted an AFMr LE - you won't find one this cheap for a long time

#6671 5 years ago

I'll buy it when you sell it

#6672 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Need to make room asap

What happened to this statement ??
You can’t do this , it was mine in 27 days

#6673 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63774

Selling my Gottlieb Amazing Spider Man project. Was really looking forward to restoring this machine but i have too many projects!

The game comes with some rare pieces.

1. Beautiful N.O.S. playfield - looks like it was cleared at some point but not by me. Check pictures to see inserts.
2. N.O.S. plastic set
3. N.O.S. backglass.

The game lights up, flippers and coils work but i have-not gotten any further with it.
The cabinet is in really nice shape for its age, a few bumps and bruises but overall very solid. Looks like all the flippers have been rebuilt and the underside of the play filed is super clean.

The coin door is restored but i lost the key so i had to drill the lock.

It comes with an extra populated playfield too.

Coin Mechs including a SBA

It also comes with extra new parts, rollovers, plastic pieces, flipper parts, rubber rings, etc.

And a manual.

Everything you need to create a near mint example of this title.

$4200 obo or trade

#6674 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

What happened to this statement ??
You can’t do this , it was mine in 27 days

Considering the last time you wanted to buy a pin of mine, and we're essentially the biggest low baller I've ever tried to deal with - I wouldn't even sell it to you if you offered me more than asking.

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Need to make room asap

If I was not pinball broke atm I would be driving my truck from Nor Cal for a visit. Good luck with your sale, wish I could do it but every conservative bone in my body says one remake is enough for now.

#6676 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Considering the last time you wanted to buy a pin of mine, and we're essentially the biggest low baller I've ever tried to deal with - I wouldn't even sell it to you if you offered me more than asking.

Ouch!

#6677 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I felt that dart way out here in Aguanga!

#6678 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You call it low ballIng but I’m just stuck in the time I paid $3k for my mint original Attack from mars
And even less for all my other games

I don’t even recall you and I trying to do a deal
But if it did not happen means you were too high priced !

#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

was intrigued by your comment even though I was clearly having fun on your sales Techniek
Only interaction I have ever had was 1 year ago on your Star Trek you were selling for $8200
And here was my offer:

Hello

I am local and can pick up the game for $8k

I had one myself sold it while back
And miss the game

Let me know
I can come Saturday

If you call this lowballing you must have really flipped when I offfered you $7k

#6680 5 years ago

Blah blah blah. I can't stand to take a grand off what I paid. Who the f cares cry me a river. I sold MMR for 7 so what go f yourself if you don't like the market.

#6681 5 years ago

Sounds like buzz has a buzz.

#6682 5 years ago

I do

#6683 5 years ago

DANG! That's funny, I don't care who U R.

#6684 5 years ago

Dang - KPG, RVDV ...together you’re almost an alphabet...hug it out - peace & love, peace & love!

#6685 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang - KPG, RVDV ...together you’re almost an alphabet...hug it out - peace & love, peace & love!

We're all good! He didn't seem like a bad guy, just cheap. Business aside I'm sure he's not a bad dude.

But he's probably a shitty tipper.

#6686 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

He didn't seem like a bad guy, just cheap.

Welcome to pinside!

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’re all good, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy
Either, just too sensative for Pinside
Must be the Mclaren he drives , needs every penny he can get for that payment

Must not tip at all thinking about that car payment each time

Just having fun KPG

Ps :your welcome to try my Lambo’s !!

#6688 5 years ago

I know both KPG and RVDV, and they are both great guys, but I think that they are BOTH cheap ass bastards. One is that way because he drives a McLaren. The other one is that way because he drives a Lambo. Two peas in a pod!

#6689 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I know both KPG and RVDV, and they are both great guys, but I think that they are BOTH cheap ass bastards. One is that way because he drives a McLaren. The other one is that way because he drives a Lambo. Two peas in a pod!

Funny but true

#6690 5 years ago

Put your dicks, er....cars away.

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ROFL. And your avatar sums All that up in a nutshell.

#6692 5 years ago

I drive an almost 20 year old Toyota. Does that make me cheap?

#6693 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I drive an almost 20 year old Toyota. Does that make me cheap?

No, because you don't have to be cheap in order to make the payments on your Yota.

#6694 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

ROFL. And your avatar sums All that up in a nutshell.

lol

Coincidence as my new avatar is based on my most recent pin purchase.

#6695 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No, because you don't have to be cheap in order to make the payments on your Yota.

I guess that makes me the last of the big spenders.

That near 30 year old Toyota I once had, a black turbo charged MR2, seems to be holding their value pretty well these days.

#6696 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess that makes me the last of the big spenders.
That near 30 year old Toyota i once had, a black turbo charged MR2, seems to be holding their value pretty well these days.

I owned an MR2 too, but it wasn't the turbo.

#6697 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I owned an MR2 too, but it wasn't the turbo.

'91 Turbo was a rocket and real fun to drive. However it was a bitch come oil change time. Remove the filter and oil dumps all over the turbo and exhaust system.

#6699 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

We’re all good, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy
Either, just too sensative for Pinside
Must be the Mclaren he drives , needs every penny he can get for that payment
Must not tip at all thinking about that car payment each time
Just having fun KPG
Ps :your welcome to try my Lambo’s !!

McLarens are for drivers who actually know how to drive the car, especially when destroying Lambo owners who think their cars are fast lol

As for car payments- Love the assumptions - but if I can't afford to pay cash for something i have no business buying it.

#6700 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey Rob, how much have you sunk into that Jeep by now??

There are 12,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/134 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.