(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,514 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Dr-Willy
  • Topic is favorited by 312 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8514 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 171.
#6601 1 year ago
Quoted from JWE:

I have a beautiful MB that I have decided to sell. It was restored several years ago by Kevin LHeureux.

I know Kevin as well. I would be totally confident to purchase anything he owned.

#6602 1 year ago

I have a Brand New, Never played, Rob Zombie LE#5 of only 50. This game also has the $300 factory installed lighting extras.

I would consider a straight sale, or trade for another pin +/- cash, what ever is fair.

I'm located in Northern Calif 45 miles east of San Francisco.

Thanks
Kerry

#6603 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wow, I got really excited looking at the pics! I would LOVE to take on a project like this, and were talking about a shitload of labor hours! One detail I couldnt help but notice, none of the pics included a playfield, backglass/translite or the cabinet?
As far as the NBA Fastbreak, I totally agree with your decision there, I would never forsake a complete working pin to provide generic donor parts!

Added photos of the playfield and translite

#6604 1 year ago
Quoted from Troz:

Added photos of the playfield and translite

Awesome! Best of luck finding a buyer, I sure hope it goes to someone that will actually build the game, to honor all the time and effort you put into acquiring all the parts!

#6605 1 year ago

Selling a Bally Amazing Spider Man project. Just have too many projects, i'll never get to them all.

This one has the potential to become a really beautiful piece.

The game is 90% complete, fires up and plays.
It has a spare populated playfield for parts.

And here's the good stuff, it comes with:

NOS playfield, looks like it was cleared at some point, but not by me.
NOS back glass, flawless and incredible.
NOS plastic set
Spare new parts.

I'll create an ad soon but i need to take some more pix.

#6606 1 year ago

I have listed my LOTR for trade/sale. I need to raise some cash to pay for some other projects, so I am looking to trade this one down. I am also willing to sell it outright.

Archived after 9 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “I have a pretty nice LOTR for trade/sale. Overall nice cabinet, only a few minor scratches Playfield shows no wear all the plastics are intact Pinsound board installed and working...”
2018-04-24
Tehachapi, CA
5,300 (OBO)

#6607 1 year ago

I know it's a long shot, but is anyone heading up to San Francisco from Orange County by chance who would have room to transport a standard upright arcade game? If so, please send me a PM. I will reimburse for your time and efforts of course. Thanks.

#6608 1 year ago
Quoted from eb94114:

I know it's a long shot, but is anyone heading up to San Francisco from Orange County by chance who would have room to transport a standard upright arcade game? If so, please send me a PM. I will reimburse for your time and efforts of course. Thanks.

contact chris fox, he does a run almost every weekend. Has hauled a ton of games for me 209-403-8871

#6609 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

contact chris fox, he does a run almost every weekend. Has hauled a ton of games for me 209-403-8871

Thanks. I had contacted Chris first, actually, but he can't do his next run until 5/5. The seller really wants it out of there sooner.

#6610 1 year ago

If I was to get something around $8k, I'd consider selling my perfect condition AFMr LE (black rails) with of course the bad a$$ moving alien topper. But I'd have to get a strong offer with no trades. Shame because it only has 275 plays or so..

#6611 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Selling a Bally Amazing Spider Man project.

I think you meant Gottlieb?

#6612 1 year ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Selling a Gottlieb Amazing Spider Man project. Just have too many projects, i'll never get to them all.
This one has the potential to become a really beautiful piece.
The game is 90% complete, fires up and plays.
It has a spare populated playfield for parts.
And here's the good stuff, it comes with:
NOS playfield, looks like it was cleared at some point, but not by me.
NOS back glass, flawless and incredible.
NOS plastic set
Spare new parts.
I'll create an ad soon but i need to take some more pix.

#6613 1 year ago

DOH! Yes. I'm getting old

Quoted from iwantansi:

I think you meant Gottlieb?

#6614 1 year ago

Archived after 27 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for sale or trade is my beautiful and highly collectible Williams Indiana Jones- The Pinball Adventure. Some guys have stated that they either don’t want cabinet decals or th...”
2018-05-09
Livermore, CA
7,300 (OBO)

bump for Price Drop

#6615 1 year ago

Anybody know of any Hobbits around Santa Clarita to play? Has to be in nice shape as my wife wants to play one to see if she likes it, and first impressions are everything. lol

#6616 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Anybody know of any Hobbits around Santa Clarita to play? Has to be in nice shape as my wife wants to play one to see if she likes it, and first impressions are everything. lol

Pinballmap.com isn't always right, so it may be worth a call to this place to see if it is still there and set up properly:

https://pinballmap.com/la?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_machine_id=2572&by_machine_name=

70 miles each way to evaluate a $7,000+ purchase isn't insane.

#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Mine. Duh. Ya never took me up on my offer to come check it out.

#6618 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine. Duh. Ya never took me up on my offer to come check it out.

I don’t blame him. He’s probably thinking, “Anybody else have one to play? Anybody?”
Kidding.

#6619 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t blame him. He’s probably thinking, “Anybody else have one to play? Anybody?”

Sorry Greg, but THAT was funny!

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Sorry Greg, but THAT was funny!

Fuck, I don’t post for like 5 months and nothing’s changed.

Eat a bag o dicks, Pinside!

#6621 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Eat a bag o dicks, Pinside!

Good to see you back. Pinside is more interesting with you on it. There. That compliment cancels it out.

#6622 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Good to see you back. Pinside is more interesting with you on it. There. That compliment cancels it out.

Not really back.

I signed in to check my messages a few weeks back.

Felt like telling Andrew Heighway to go fuck himself today.

I check this thread to see if any interesting sales or trades pop up. May post things for sale here.

There’s a Nintendo switch thread I like.

That’s about it. I’m not going to spend time discussing the usual pin stuff anymore in other threads.

#6623 1 year ago

No, only reason i asked I saw Greg is in Hawaii. I’m sure I will swing by when he gets back. Thanks Greg.

#6624 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Au contraire, buddy. You've missed some fantastic stuff recently:

1. There was a great John Wort thread
2. Someone was trying to sell a pair of cowboy boots
3. We helped o-din invest some of his retirement savings
4. A 20-something kid was looking to finance the Supreme machine, because: Millennials

It's not all flame wars about which $8,000 machine people should buy or why stuff in the hobby is way overpriced anymore!

#6625 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

Pinballmap.com isn't always right, so it may be worth a call to this place to see if it is still there and set up properly:
https://pinballmap.com/la?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_machine_id=2572&by_machine_name=
70 miles each way to evaluate a $7,000+ purchase isn't insane.

Captains Auction has a hobbit for sale tomorrow, they let you try the games between 9 am and 11 am. In Anaheim

#6626 1 year ago

Anyone know the lineup at coin op in San Diego .
Looks like I'll be there tonight, any pinsiders
around?

#6627 1 year ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Anyone know the lineup at coin op in San Diego .
Looks like I'll be there tonight, any pinsiders
around?

Bring a sweater, you are gonna freeze after being in that mid-90 heat! (I just got back from T-Town). Can't help with your question, but wanted to say hi in case no one responds.

#6628 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Bring a sweater, you are gonna freeze after being in that mid-90 heat! (I just got back from T-Town). Can't help with your question, but wanted to say hi in case no one responds.

Thanks and Hello , lol.
Ya I brought jeans, jacket, and shoes , no flippies tonight.

#6629 1 year ago

I must say not bad and pretty damn good night at coin op tonight
The TZ is damn nice , good lineup
T2
Indy
Tz
GB pre
Sw pre
Batman 66
Iron man
Addams
WOZ
KISS

#6630 1 year ago

I love hearing that there are Pre's out on route to play,golfingdad1,sounds like you had a good time!!Excellent lineup!!

#6631 1 year ago

This sounds like a fun project. Hmmm....

#6632 1 year ago

Hey everyone I am back. Was wondering what is going on with the insane pricing in the bay area craigslist. Everything but IMAGAMEJUNKY Indiana Jones is pretty much way above any kind of value. For example a nice LOTR for 8500, sure it's a good game, but I think I got my LE edition for about 5500-6000 and sold it for right around there. Are people crazy at the moment or did I miss the memo where LOTR regular edition went up 3 thousand in 3 years? But its not just this a guy selling a average TAF for 10,500 (not selling actually), are people insane at the moment about pin values?

#6633 1 year ago

It's a complicated case with a lot of ins and outs and a lot of what have you's when it comes to pinball.

#6635 1 year ago
Quoted from Buzz:

It's a complicated case with a lot of ins and outs and a lot of what have you's when it comes to pinball.

Indeed.

#6636 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarson:

Captains Auction has a hobbit for sale tomorrow, they let you try the games between 9 am and 11 am. In Anaheim

I was fishing around on their website and notice that they post the sales prices. This is helpful.

Here's the link:

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10084/search-filter?archiveSearch=False&type=Pinball%20Machine

EDIT #2: 18% buyers premium plus 8% sales tax, so adjust prices accordingly.

#6637 1 year ago

Wow $1100 for a raven plus tax and fees,

#6638 1 year ago

Selling:

Papillon
Cobra
Future Queen
Xforce
Spirit

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

I was fishing around on their website and notice that they post the sales prices. This is helpful.
Here's the link:
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10084/search-filter?archiveSearch=False&type=Pinball%20Machine
EDIT #2: 18% buyers premium plus 8% sales tax, so adjust prices accordingly.

So, someone paid $5k for Gilligan. Holy crap.

#6640 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

So, someone paid $5k for Gilligan. Holy crap.

Well, we see if it truly gets paid for. Will know come next auction. But yes, shocking price for GI.

#6641 1 year ago

People often way overpay there (after fees and taxes routed sterns often go for more than NIB for games still available NIB).

I think it’s a combination of bidding excitement and non-pinheads just looking for something “cool” to put in the game room. Its still worthwhile to go to from time to time though... you just have to be very careful when bidding and always always always mentally add in 30% on the price because that buyers premium is also taxed.

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from merccat:

People often way overpay there (after fees and taxes routed sterns often go for more than NIB for games still available NIB).
I think it’s a combination of bidding excitement and non-pinheads just looking for something “cool” to put in the game room. Its still worthwhile to go to from time to time though... you just have to be very careful when bidding and always always always mentally add in 30% on the price because that buyers premium is also taxed.

Yeah, auctions are funny. The prices are often not indicative of market conditions, rather what two bidders are willing to pay on a specific day.
Take away the winning bidder and the same machine brings one bid over the second highest bidder, which can be a vastly different price.
That being said, they are certainly attracting bidders.

#6643 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, auctions are funny. The prices are often not indicative of market conditions, rather what two bidders are willing to pay on a specific day.
Take away the winning bidder and the same machine brings one bid over the second highest bidder, which can be a vastly different price.
That being said, they are certainly attracting bidders.

That's exactly what happened with this GI. Before I found the price sheet, I ended up on their FB page watching a video of the auction.

It almost gaveled at $3,100...bit two guys seemed to be going back-to-back, resulting in a bid war!

#6644 1 year ago

Archived after 7 days
Not sold
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Mint / flawless condition AFMr LE with black powdercoat armor. Has the latest PIC installed. No flaws, not a scratch, etc. Worked perfect right out of box. Has a little over ...”
2018-05-01
Orange, CA
7,600 (Firm)

Getting a new pin and need to make room. My loss is your gain..excellent machine too.

#6645 1 year ago

Yeah, I wound up buying the Domino Man arcade game for my wife out of that auction and paid $3300 hammer for it (yikes). It wasn’t so much that I thought the game was worth that, but Timber and Tapper are two of my wife’s favorite arcade games and that’s the 3rd game in that series. She got all excited about it, so I didn’t mind overpaying for it to keep the wife happy. If I wasn’t bidding it I think it’s probably likely it would have sold In the 2k+ range.
That’s auctions for you though. Sometimes auction prices can be replicated, sometimes not.
You can have special circumstances we’re two bidders go at it and things get crazy.

#6646 1 year ago

Quoted from Coindork:

paid $3300 hammer for it

#6647 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, I wound up buying the Domino Man arcade game for my wife out of that auction and paid $3300 hammer for it (yikes). It wasn’t so much that I thought the game was worth that, but Timber and Tapper are two of my wife’s favorite arcade games and that’s the 3rd game in that series. She got all excited about it, so I didn’t mind overpaying for it to keep the wife happy. If I wasn’t bidding it I think it’s probably likely it would have sold In the 2k+ range.
That’s auctions for you though. Sometimes auction prices can be replicated, sometimes not.
You can have special circumstances we’re two bidders go at it and things get crazy.

At the end of the day that's all that matters really, if it makes you happy and you can afford it then cool, go for it. It can be hard to put an absolute value on a game because sometimes you just want it for whatever the reason may be, and in those circumstances are willing to overpay for it. I *almost* did the same thing on the Space Harrier that was at the auction, the only reason I didn't is because I don't actually have any room for it so I stopped myself.

#6648 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

At the end of the day that's all that matters really, if it makes you happy and you can afford it then cool, go for it. It can be hard to put an absolute value on a game because sometimes you just want it for whatever the reason may be, and in those circumstances are willing to overpay for it. I *almost* did the same thing on the Space Harrier that was at the auction, the only reason I didn't is because I don't actually have any room for it so I stopped myself.

That and I enjoy having sex with my wife, so there’s that.

#6649 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

Getting a new pin and need to make room. My loss is your gain..excellent machine too.

Dang. Tempting. I wish it had the green armor!

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I remember going to an auction years ago. Was a bit disillusioned when I noticed owners bidding on their own machines.

Many of the games were won by the owners when the bid price didn't get high enough for them. Later learned this is called a "buy back" and is common.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound Plus Out of stock
PinSound
$ 26.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
BK Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 8514 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside