(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,695 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by JWE
  • Topic is favorited by 460 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 254.
#601 9 years ago
#602 9 years ago

Looking for a HUO or NIB AVLE. PM me if you have one for sale.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nimblepin! I'm sitting here hungry and you are writing love letters to CactusJack? WTF! Are we eating or not? At least I'm not thirsty!

Nimblepin, I did not mean to offend, I was just speaking from old school experience from years of being on the operating side of pinball. There were many service calls or down games due to one of those rubber caps popping off. Even when they were fresh and tight. But there was a post in the past where some did not even know how to install the Gottlieb nuts and were fighting with them since they weren't using a nut driver and/or applying downward pressure to get them to start.

I have to personally commend you on yours, and other's efforts of working on John's games to ready them for the upcoming Arcade Expo. It is a tremendous undertaking to try to get 500+ pins up and ready for public play. And I will appreciate every game, regardless of the type of post cap used.

As to the Chrome Acorn nuts, I have never had a problem with new ones other than maybe a single dud every now and then. However, there are two types. Ones that have the thread built in and are designed for pre-threaded posts. These are the kind you would find at a typical hardware supply store. Then, there are the ones, like Gottlieb used, that are self tapping Nuts. I have only been able to find those from Steve at PBR.

#604 9 years ago

Still looking to trade my Spider Man if anyone is interested hit me up.

#605 9 years ago

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Testing waters on X-men pro and POTC... both are in excellent condition...
PM me if interested...

Pm sent for a possible something

#607 9 years ago

Thinking of moving my Met Pro. Would love to do a trade for a nice RBION plus cash on buyers end. Metallica is HOU. I live in Santa Clarita. Feel free to PM me with questions, offers or any deals you might be thinking of. Thanks

#608 9 years ago

I am looking for a really nice TSPP I am in Palm Springs Ca let me know if anyone is willing to sell at a reasonable price

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Mostly I was just giving jww15 $#!t (jokingly) for passing on a game simply because it had post rubbers instead of the speed nuts...

I had to go back and look at my post to make sure I didn't word something wrong. I didn't pass on the Pin because of the rubber nuts...hell I have two myself...I stated I had the Encore version which is nearly the same and the game play was fun. My personal opinion is I like the metal speed nuts, I think they look better, and with a piece of paper jammed in the bottom of a socket they are easy to install.
And for what it's worth the only reason I pass on anything Mike is selling is because he lives so damn far away! Mike is a nice guy and I don't hold anything against him. He is actually one of the few Pinsiders I have met and has been to my house. He sells a lot of Pins I would be interested in and he prices are almost always better than fair. That is all, thank you and carry on...

#610 9 years ago

I have the following games I'm looking to sell or trade;

1990 Bally's Pool Sharks pinball
1990 Mousin Around pinball (maybe / on the fence with this one)
2004' Incredible Technologies Golden Tee 2K; in dedicated cabinet, 4-player golf game.

I'm interested in 90' Data East Simpsons pinball and upright (not cockpit / sit-down type I don't have the space) driving game, like Cruis'n Exotica, World or USA or Need for Speed (+/- cash) what ever is fair.

Located in Northern Calif (East Bay Area)

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

rubber nuts...hell I have two myself...

I am truly sorry!

#612 9 years ago

You guys & your little nuts. How cute.

I should probably get a Hercules to go with my nuts.

But I have only 3 of these...

-Jason

1.jpg1.jpg
#613 9 years ago

Your nuts are missin' something on the inside -

No threads. That's just a big hex washer?

#614 9 years ago
#615 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

Your nuts are missin' something on the inside -
No threads. That's just a big hex washer?

Oh, they're threaded alright. Threaded like a fox!

...a really thready fox, that is...

nut1.jpgnut1.jpg
#616 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

And I will appreciate every game, regardless of the type of post cap used.

Belated "Merry Christmas", Cactus!

IMG_2433.jpgIMG_2433.jpg
No offense was taken since we were just sharing our experiences; naturally of course, people will choose to do what they want to their games regardless of our opinions.
I'd be happy just to see all of them on and playing 100% by the time January 16th rolls around!

End of nut.

#617 9 years ago

Just scored a pin thanks to this thread and Rarehero of course!

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

Oh, they're threaded alright. Threaded like a fox!
...a really thready fox, that is...

nut1.jpg 39 KB

Threads and it looks like you face is laser etched on the last one

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from Daddy-o:

Threads and it looks like you face is laser etched on the last one

Artistic reflection!

#620 9 years ago

Anyone in Northern CA have an AC/DC Luci for sale?

#621 9 years ago

Premier Rock is sold (with rubber post caps!!!)

#622 9 years ago

Mike, Do you planning on selling that Dirty Harry?

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Mike, Do you planning on selling that Dirty Harry?

It's sold.

#624 9 years ago

Damn, did I miss it posted in this thread? I've been looking too....
I missed the Haunted House also, 2 for 2

#625 9 years ago

Congrats on the party zone Chris!
Harley D.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Congrats on the Party Zone Chris!
Harley D.

Thanks Harley! Any luck finding a Double Dragon Cab?

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Thanks Harley! Any luck finding a Double Dragon Cab?

Nope still $hit out of luck, but patience is the key.

#628 9 years ago

#629 9 years ago

any additional info on the sterns... huo, routed, rode hard??

Quoted from iwantansi:

POTC - $4500
Xmen pro $4000
Sorcerer $900
Not looking for trades... just cash - PM if interested

#631 9 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire in LA for $3500, posted on the Mr Pinball classifieds today. I know it won't last long but I'm hoping a pinsider gets it before one of the flippers do.....

#632 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Cirqus Voltaire in LA for $3500, posted on the Mr Pinball classifieds today. I know it won't last long but I'm hoping a pinsider gets it before one of the flippers do.....

Saw that--assumed a scam...?

#633 9 years ago

Still looking for an AVLE Huo or nib.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Still looking for an AVLE Huo or nib.

Isn't there that one in Washington?

#635 9 years ago

Any system 11's around here?

#637 9 years ago

Hmm I may message you about that. Just came down from there too!

#639 9 years ago

I'm selling a Fireball (the real one!). PF is really nice. Pics are coming. Asking 1350.00. Contact me with questions. Could deliver to the Expo. I'll be there on Friday.

#640 9 years ago
#641 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The price police are going to be out in full force if it is a nice one.

Do you think thats too much or not enough for a fireball? I honestly have no idea where I would value it at, thats why I ask.

#642 9 years ago
#643 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it is as nice as mine it is not enough. Isn't that how the price police work?
Mine is the one on the left.

208261-i.jpg 48 KB

If it was that nice, the price wouldn't be what I'm asking.

#644 9 years ago
#645 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took me three different Fireballs to get to that one. It may very well be HOU or only spent a small amount of time on route. Recently it is getting a lot of play.

Yours looks amazing. Mine has a rough BG. I was up in the air about getting a Shay repro glass. Think I'll leave that up to the next owner.

#646 9 years ago
#647 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The one on the right is the German model that rotordave took with him back to New Zealand. I had thought that was as nice as I could find before I came across the other one. All three including the beater I started with had great backglasses. I have heard for the most part they held up pretty well.

Yes, other than a broken one and a faded one, I have never seen a bad FB backglass (flaking etc.) Its been discussed before but it is interesting how some 70's Ballys held up so well (FB, Monte Carlo, Bow and Arrow, Capt. Fan. etc.) and then others its hard to find a perfect one.

#648 9 years ago
#649 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It took me three different Fireballs to get to that one. It may very well be HOU or only spent a small amount of time on route. Recently it is getting a lot of play.

Hey! I recognize that super sweet FB!

#650 9 years ago

I have a really nice Fish Tales with LEDs, shopped and replaced pop jets to blue. Looks much better then the original red, IMO. $3200 my wish list is Junk Yard or Black Rose

There are 12,695 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 254.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.