(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,700 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by SoCalPinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 174.
#551 5 years ago

Cool beans.

#552 5 years ago

I also need some pinball glass. Anyone around Los Angeles have a sheet for me?

#553 5 years ago
#554 5 years ago
Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

Lol! Criticizing the post caps on a $700 game. I'll take it Mike, PM me and we can figure out the details.

Huh, that's interesting...an attack from a newb and a thumbs down from RobT. I guess opinions and then good lucks aren't allowed anymore here...
oh BTW: Gottlieb NEVER EVER used those lazy things.

#555 5 years ago
#556 5 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Huh, that's interesting...an attack from a newb and a thumbs down from RobT. I guess opinions and then good lucks aren't allowed anymore here...
oh BTW: Gottlieb NEVER EVER used those lazy things.

I'm not a newb nor is that an attack; you're coming off as pretty uptight man! About post caps. I repeat "lol", and happy holidays!

#557 5 years ago
#558 5 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

I also need some pinball glass. Anyone around Los Angeles have a sheet for me?

Betson West in Buena Park sells it new for $30.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from pinBilly:

Betson West in Buena Park sells it new for $30.

Good tip!

#560 5 years ago

I recently picked up 5 sheets from Betson. They had them wrapped up and ready to go for me in will call. Got home to find all 5 sheets were pretty badly scratched. They were stored/packaged without those little foam pads between the sheets. They said that's how they sold them and that they were first quality (not returns) and offered to take them back.

Before Betson, a shop a few blocks from my office in an industrial area would charge me $26 a sheet if I bought 4 at a time. They are now out of business. I'd shop around locally to see if you can get a decent price.

#561 5 years ago

Thanks for the scoop.

Have you specs on the glass that you'd provide to a non-pinball savvy glass vendor?
Length
Width
Thickness
Type/temper
Edge type
Other variables

Thanks,
-Jason

Quoted from MrArt2u:

I recently picked up 5 sheets from Betson. They had them wrapped up and ready to go for me in will call. Got home to find all 5 sheets were pretty badly scratched. They were stored/packaged without those little foam pads between the sheets. They said that's how they sold them and that they were first quality (not returns) and offered to take them back.
Before Betson, a shop a few blocks from my office in an industrial area would charge me $26 a sheet if I bought 4 at a time. They are now out of business. I'd shop around locally to see if you can get a decent price.

#562 5 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Huh, that's interesting...an attack from a newb and a thumbs down from RobT.

Good lord people can be sensitive!

I disagreed with your comment. Thus the thumbs down. Simple.

Didn't see you being "attacked" either.

Cheers.

#563 5 years ago

For the vast majority of my games the playfield glass size is 21"x43"x3/16" Tempered with swiped edges. I prefer "No bug" meaning no tempered logo on the corner of the glass but that's up to you. Most shops can get this in a day or so. If they're "cutting it in house" than it isn't tempered.

Wide body games, "super pins", early 70s Bally with the lift up playfield glass, early 70s Williams and some other examples are a different size.

#564 5 years ago

My Rock Pin is still available. 650.00 if picked up before the 25th.

#565 5 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

...wish you hadn't used those lame rubber wanna-be acorns though

I will back up the use of the rubber post caps.
They work extremely well; better than the old crappy metal ones AND can get the plastics tighter/quieter than the nylon acorn- especially if you're on your 12th game re-rubbering of the day! (Arcade Expo)
Newer games of course should go with the traditional lock-nut.

For your health!

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I will back up the use of the rubber post caps.
They work extremely well; better than the old crappy metal ones and can get the plastics tighter/quieter than the nylon acorn- especially if you're on your 12th game re-rubbering of the day! (Arcade Expo)
New games of course should go with the traditional lock-nut.
For your health!

Probably why my pin hasn't sold yet. Those lame rubber post caps!! Lol...

#567 5 years ago
#568 5 years ago

Waaaaay ahead of ya' buddy!
boozecruise.jpg

#569 5 years ago
#570 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like they are ahead of us. WTF is this?

Pretty sure that's Pat Lawlor's next JJP pin.

#571 5 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for a Bally SPECTRUM (working or not) any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks

#572 5 years ago

Anybody with an AC/DC Premium looking for a change up?
I have a true HUO (I'm 2nd owner) X-Men Magneto #220(kinda like 220v) that is in close to perfect condition.
There isn't any visible scuffs or dings - It actually cleaner than my Tron (that I opened the box).

Mods:
Cliffy scoop
BackPanel GI converted to Mode Color Changing (Check out ramps at 8:18 in video)
All LED Flashers
Blue LED Nightcrawlers
Painted Wolvie

Magneto is an awesome game, color changing GI is beautiful. Modes and overall gameplay is fun, but I love AC/DC. Something about the Steve Ritchie callouts and the music that gives me that adrenaline rush.

Heres a gameplay (before LED Nightcrawlers)

SAM_0215.JPG
SAM_0216.JPG
SAM_0221.JPG

Post edited by boogies: Painted Wolvie added as a mod

#573 5 years ago

looks nice... is this rare's old x-men??

Quoted from boogies:

Anybody with an AC/DC Premium looking for a change up?
I have a true HUO (I'm 2nd owner) X-Men Magneto #220(kinda like 220v) that is in close to perfect condition.
There isn't any visible scuffs or dings - It actually cleaner than my Tron (that I opened the box).
Mods:
Cliffy scoop
BackPanel GI converted to Mode Color Changing (Check out ramps at 8:18 in video)
All LED Flashers
Blue LED Nightcrawlers
Magneto is an awesome game, color changing GI is beautiful. Modes and overall gameplay is fun, but I love AC/DC. Something about the Steve Ritchie callouts and the music that gives me that adrenaline rush.
Heres a gameplay (before LED Nightcrawlers)
» YouTube video

SAM_0221.JPG 207 KB

SAM_0215.JPG 266 KB

SAM_0216.JPG 253 KB

#574 5 years ago

Thanks. This one wasn't Rare's.
It was opened by jonny_eh and I picked it from him recently.
He did the cliffy, and I did the other mods.
Although I'm loving it, AC/DC just came out on Virtual Pinball.
The music, callouts, etc... really makes me want an AC/DC Premium.

FWIW, Here was his listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-x-men-le-magneto-220#post-2021455

#575 5 years ago

Down-sizing the collection. Planning to put three machines up for sale after new year. Let me know if anyone has interest and I will send pics:

Getaway HS2 - Nice condition, cabinet is unfaded and very red. Playfield in great shape. No wear. Shooter lane does have some wear. Game plays 100% $2300 obo

WCS94- Nice players condition. LEDs. Works 100%. $2200 obo

Shadow- Nice machine. Has typical sanctum wear, otherwise in very nice condition. Playfield in great shape. Has Aurich's translate installed. Works 100%. $2850 obo

Would definitely being willing to work out a package price if someone wants to take all three.

#576 5 years ago

Why all the hate for the Chrome Acorn Speed nuts? They certainly look a lot nicer than anything other than the ones Williams used with the colored tip. And easy as pie to install: Insert in 5/16" nut driver, push down lightly and give it a 1/2 turn.

And, for what its worth, tightening down a plastic on an older game is asking for trouble - or at least for broken plastics. Having them flop around a bit is a better choice. And, can't say I ever "heard" a plastic make noise regardless of the post cap/nut used?????

I hope you don't have issues over the weekend at Arcade Expo with lost caps on the stronger games. Those rubber caps tend to pop off and find their way into holes in the playfield and even under the outhole switch.

And by the way, you can't use a threaded Nylon nut on a Gottlieb as their post screws had no threads other than the spiral ones cut by the Speed nut. If you are trying to install Nylon acorns on Gottliebs, that may be the reason you hate them so much.

#577 5 years ago
#578 5 years ago

Sorry CactusJack,
I guess I should have clarified "butter..." (better?)
All the games at Arcade Expo I have swapped the pal nuts for rubber caps have been wedgies so far.
Still- I don't see a problem with using them on 70's Gottlieb's or Premier games either. They hold tight enough for regular play and CAN give way IF the ball does indeed strike the plastic at full force, thus saving the plastic from damage.
(How often are you going to find new replacement Rock plastics anyway?)
I'd rather lose the rubber cap than crack a plastic.
The whole noise thing/comment was just meant for EM games that have huge sets of target banks resetting at once.

Mostly I was just giving jww15 $#!t (jokingly) for passing on a game simply because it had post rubbers instead of the speed nuts...

Sorry if I made you have to type a reply like: "Hatin' on speed nuts?!? Not on MY watch!!!".

I do think the pal nuts of "today" are crappy though; especially if you have to go through three or four of them to find one that finally fits properly. (and no, I never used the nylon nuts on GTB's)

Fingers crossed us "volunteers" (<----!) can dare to dream we get all 550 machines up and fully running at AE, let alone shopping them as if they were going under the electron microscope for some CL ne'er-do-well. (not you jww15. )

Anyhoo,
If you or anyone else local who would like to come and help out at Arcade Expo, please feel free!
I'm usually there Sundays and a Tuesday or two.
They do give us food, bathroom breaks and the occasional "thanks!"
Plus,
We usually go bowling afterward at the Morongo Lanes and surprisingly RVDV is becoming quite the rack shredder!

#579 5 years ago
#580 5 years ago

Dude...
Check your living room Spicoli!
I've been here the whollllleee time, putting rubber post caps on Twister!

#581 5 years ago
#582 5 years ago

Just throwing it out there. Im on the look out for a Mousin' Around in the northern california area. Heck may even be able to drive down south for this one.

#583 5 years ago

78-82 Bally machines.. Looking for a nice example. Want to get my nudge on. I'll take good care of it and sell it back to you when I have had enough.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

78-82 Bally machines.. Looking for a nice example. Want to get my nudge on. I'll take good care of it and sell it back to you when I have had enough.

Congrats on contracting the 'Bally 2518' fever.

Oh, and when you have the fever, there is no "enough."
-mof

#585 5 years ago

To all "Dark Side of the Moon-ers" who were worried if O-Din was finally fed in time, fear not...
Trusty Mt. Vesuvius erupted onto the scene just in the nick; with sourdough bread too!

IMG_2420.jpg

#586 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

To all "Dark Side of the Moon-ers" who were worried if O-Din was finally fed in time, fear not...
Trusty Mt. Vesuvius erupted on the scene just in the nick; with sourdough bread too!

That looks like *something* erupted on the plate ...

rd.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Sorry CactusJack,
I guess I should have clarified "butter..." (better?)
All the games at Arcade Expo I have used/swapped the pal nuts for the rubber caps have been wedgies so far.
Still- I don't see a problem with using them on 70's Gottlieb's or Premier games either. They hold tight enough for regular play and CAN give way IF the ball does indeed strike the plastic at full force; thus saving the plastic from damage.
(How often are you going to find new replacement Rock plastics anyway?)
I'd rather lose the rubber cap than crack a plastic.
The whole noise thing was just meant for EM games that have huge sets of target banks resetting at once.
Mostly I was just giving jww $#!t (jokingly) for passing on a game simply because it had post rubbers instead of the speed nuts...
Sorry if I made you have to type a reply like: "Hatin' on speed nuts?!? Not on MY watch!!!".
I do think the pal nuts of "today" are crappy though, especially if you have to go through three or four of them to find one that finally fits properly.

That's a lot of talk about nuts my friend. Sorry I couldn't resist.

#588 5 years ago
#589 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That looks like *something* erupted on the plate ...

I think Nordman might of had a hand in concocting tonight's fare???

OSFgoodness.png

"Hello, my baby... Hello, my honey..."

#590 5 years ago
#591 5 years ago

cover229x229-65.jpeg
"Dog looks like a la-aaady!"

#592 5 years ago

Am I the only one that see's a ton of new posts and pops over in excitement only to find update on food? Lol... Going to check out a t-2 tomorrow possibly 2. And if the pinball gods smoke down on me maybe something will pop up on Craigslist while were traveling and I can check that out as well.

Now if I can find a decent BoP

#593 5 years ago

Hello Pinheads & Arcade People...

I know this is a little "off topic" (not pinball related) but I wanted to reach out to you. I'm looking for an upright driving game (Cruis'n Exotica, World or USA / Rush / Off Road / Need for Speed etc). I don't have the space for the full sized sit-down version.

If you know of anyone looking to part with one... let me know.

Thanks!
Kerry

Nor Cal located / East Bay Area

#594 5 years ago

best of luck I'm going to check out some games later today I'll keep an eye out for you

#595 5 years ago

Thank you!

#596 5 years ago

sure thing, and bonus I'll be headed down towards San Jose area so if I find something it won't be too far. If I see something I'll snap a few pics

#597 5 years ago
#598 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Too bad you aren't a little closer. I have a nice original Pole Position with just over 10,000 plays that I would be willing to sell for $500.

Cool looking Scramble too, Odin!

rd.

#599 5 years ago
#600 5 years ago

Still looking at maybe trading my IM
Wanted list
Lotr
Sm
TAF
Xmen ?? Maybe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 9.95
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 11,500.00
$ 89.99
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 245.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
There are 8700 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 174.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside