(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,696 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by jeffro01
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 174.
#5801 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Adam checks out A+
Thanks to everybody who says Adam is the best
Bob C
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Reference check = Adam from LA CA, handle TKDalumni on Pinside
Anybody have dealings with him?
Thanks!
BobC

Adam is top notch! Buy/sell with confidence.

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Gottlieb Surf n Safari in so cal, near anaheim Ca. Who needs a rasta alligator?
Super clean, fully operational. Tight, solid playing, error free machine. New translite and trim. Rebuilt drops.
$2700, comes with new yellow ramp, and populated spare. Dont need them, but it comes with, small shoebox of new parts. Custom cliffy just made for me , saucer kickout. Operations manual. Plug and play.
Game has been to Pagg 2017, no problems at all during show, over 500 plays. Also been in few tournys its so solid and moves easy. Custom Led work, not throughout, but nice accents. Cheezy TIKI topper and palm trees included. Shopped and some titans added. Sling plastic new, plus spare, spare ramp lit entrance, brand new also included.
PM IF INTERESTED. Can and will pallett for shipping if needed.
Advertising here First.
Thanks Eric

I played this game for hours at PAGG this year. It plays so good. I would jump on this if I had the $$$$ or space (story of our lives right?)

#5803 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Reference check = Adam from LA CA, handle TKDalumni on Pinside

Good guy. ✅

#5804 2 years ago

GB pro for sale or trade HUO no ghosting and brand new cabinet.
$4900
Shaker motor
Pinblades
Stern GB side rails and a few other mods

#5805 2 years ago

I was wondering if anybody knows of any good/qualified pinball techs in the Bay Area? I have the following machines: MMR LE, AFMR LE, Hobbit Smaug, WOZ RR, LOTR LE, Metallica Premium.....would be great if I could find qualified people in the area that could help with maintenance, troubleshooting, etc....

Thanks in advance.

Pat

#5806 2 years ago

Chris is the best. The rest of us are mere mortals...

https://www.pinballpirate.com

No offense to everyone trying to make a living off repairs.

#5807 2 years ago

Rob Bell is another great tech in the East Bay.

Robsgameroom.com

#5808 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Rob Bell is another great tech in the East Bay.
Robsgameroom.com

Rob is the man!

#5809 2 years ago

Thanks guys....I sent Rob an email...he has a 925 area code so hope he's close

#5810 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I played this game for hours at PAGG this year. It plays so good. I would jump on this if I had the $$$$ or space (story of our lives right?)

Thanks Dave..
Its an awesome game, im just bursting at that seems and somethings gatta go.

#5811 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks guys....I sent Rob an email...he has a 925 area code so hope he's close

Mr. Bellman is close... he's in Concord.

Great guy too!

#5812 2 years ago

Anybody have experience with a tech called Larry out of alamo?

#5813 2 years ago

Is it safe to transport pins during this heatwave? Keep them in a vehicle? I'm worried about the playfield plastics warping in the heat.

BobC

#5814 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Anybody have experience with a tech called Larry out of alamo?

Larry is a really nice guy who does excellent work. Repairs, playfield swaps, cabinet repair and repaint... A man of many talents!

#5815 2 years ago

Larry is a really nice guy who does excellent work. Repairs, playfield swaps, cabinet repair and repaint... A man of many talents!

Can you please provide Larry's contact information? Alamo is very close to me ....

Thanks

#5816 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Is it safe to transport pins during this heatwave? Keep them in a vehicle? I'm worried about the playfield plastics warping in the heat.
BobC

If it is inside a vehicle, cover the playfield glass with two layers of a thick moving blanket. That will keep your playfield plastics a lot cooler.

#5817 2 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

BobC

I think if you're in the car with the AC on your should be OK...but I wouldn't leave a pin just sitting in a car somewhere right now. ramps and plastics might warp.

#5818 2 years ago

Have a couple Wedgeheads id like to move all fully playing:

Gottlieb Corral
Gottlieb Jungle King

#5819 2 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

GB pro for sale or trade HUO no ghosting and brand new cabinet.
$4900
Shaker motor
Pinblades
Stern GB side rails and a few other mods

I was going to pull this but I'm back on the ledge.. still for sale.

#5820 2 years ago

Thank you so much, I had a good feeling speaking to him on the phone, can't wait to take my two pins to him for restoration.

#5821 2 years ago

Anyone know of a BBH or BBB looking for a new home?

#5822 2 years ago

Maybe you should get a cactus jack's instead : )

#5823 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me what is the going rate an average tech would charge for specific large tasks, or a price range, for playfield swap on a Bally Skateball, for example? say the owner supplied all the parts/hardware/materials/ etc, just straight up labor...

#5824 2 years ago

Putting up my MMR LE #303 of 1000 if anyone is interested? Game is HUO, Color DMD, shaker, fully Cliffy protectors, and Invisiglass. Happy to sell outright or open to a trade for an AD/DC premium/LE, SW LE, Dialed In LE +/- cash, ...I'm located in NorCal. Shoot me a PM if interested. Can send pics at that time.

#5825 2 years ago

Looking for the color upgrade for my MMR.

#5827 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Putting up my MMR LE #303 of 1000 if anyone is interested? Game is HUO, Color DMD, shaker, fully Cliffy protectors, and Invisiglass. Happy to sell outright or open to a trade for an AD/DC premium/LE, SW LE, Dialed In LE +/- cash, ...I'm located in NorCal. Shoot me a PM if interested. Can send pics at that time.

If you were in SoCal I might be tempted to talk about moving my AC/DC but I think I'm gonna try and flip it into an AFM, I've always liked it just a bit more.

#5828 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you were in SoCal I might be tempted to talk about moving my AC/DC but I think I'm gonna try and flip it into an AFM, I've always liked it just a bit more.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm sure you'll love the AFM...I have the AFMR LE...its well built, and a lot of fun...the topper is awesome....

#5829 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aurich is your AC/DC all Helenized?

#5830 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Looking for the color upgrade for my MMR.

Color upgrade is a must have....

#5831 2 years ago

Anyone in the Orange County area replace their working Stern DMD (2000s era) with a color DMD and feel like letting go of the old one? I have an outgassing unit that needs replacing. Have cash to trade... thanks!

#5832 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Anyone in the Orange County area replace their working Stern DMD (2000s era) with a color DMD and feel like letting go of one? I have an outgassing unit that needs replacing. Have cash to trade... thanks!

Jay, I will pm you.

#5833 2 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Anyone know of a BBH or BBB looking for a new home?

I do, he isn't on pinside. Pm me for his info.

#5834 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Aurich is your AC/DC all Helenized?

It's not, funny enough, but I have everything to make it so.

#5835 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not, funny enough, but I have everything to make it so.

Hah! I have been looking at AC/DC machines for some time, and came to the conclusion that a Helen version is the best way to go. Luci would be OK but I think a lot more money. Problem is, those Helen versions don't come around too often for reasons I understand. Your artwork is awesome.

This is a bit OT but even after doing a lot of reading, I am still confused as to how those playfield decals work. For example the Helen or another one is the Flintstones with the original cartoon characters instead of the movie. I presume it is some sort of decal that is placed onto the playfield and it somehow is attached there? How is it attached? And if you put in on there, what protects the decal from ball wear? It seems the ideal situation would be to put down the decal and then clear over the whole thing. But that would require a complete teardown of the playfield to get the clear done. That would be expensive. I guess maybe the decal has Mylar on it or something equivalent?

#5836 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Hah! I have been looking at AC/DC machines for some time, and came to the conclusion that a Helen version is the best way to go. Luci would be OK but I think a lot more money. Problem is, those Helen versions don't come around too often for reasons I understand. Your artwork is awesome.

Thanks! I'll probably list my ACDC Prem at some point, but if you ever need a Helen kit just let me know, never know what I might still have lying around.

As for the playfield decal, it was a fun little experiment, and it worked okay, but I've since decided it's just not a great idea. As you say, they wear eventually, and even though it's thin it might impact a slow moving ball at the edges. Not that the Pro has a lot of slow moving balls I guess ...

#5837 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks! I'll probably list my ACDC Prem at some point, but if you ever need a Helen kit just let me know, never know what I might still have lying around.
As for the playfield decal, it was a fun little experiment, and it worked okay, but I've since decided it's just not a great idea. As you say, they wear eventually, and even though it's thin it might impact a slow moving ball at the edges. Not that the Pro has a lot of slow moving balls I guess ...

OK that makes sense, I always wondered about that. Not long ago there was a Flintstones that popped up for sale here and the owner said it had the decal and it was cleared on top of that, I thought that was pretty nice. But like I said, you would pay for that privilege.

The Premium looks pretty good, its just the Pro model that is the problem. I have been a fan of AC/DC since the early 70s but man I could not stand looking at Angus's big ugly face every time I wanted to play that machine.

#5838 2 years ago

Data East secret service working players condition $1200

Archived after 42 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Secret Service Archived
Used - shows wear, needs some work “99% working game The pop up gobble mech doesn't always sense the ball Playfield is in good shape has been cleaned and new rubbers and lightbulbs have been installed Good working...”
2017-10-18
Fullerton, CA

#5839 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

OK that makes sense, I always wondered about that. Not long ago there was a Flintstones that popped up for sale here and the owner said it had the decal and it was cleared on top of that, I thought that was pretty nice. But like I said, you would pay for that privilege.
The Premium looks pretty good, its just the Pro model that is the problem. I have been a fan of AC/DC since the early 70s but man I could not stand looking at Angus's big ugly face every time I wanted to play that machine.

My game is a Premium, if you're serious about looking for one we can always talk. But if you don't want the face the new vault Pro got rid of it, so there's that.

#5840 2 years ago

Looking for a Star Wars episode 1.

#5841 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My game is a Premium, if you're serious about looking for one we can always talk. But if you don't want the face the new vault Pro got rid of it, so there's that.

The artwork on that new one looks like it was done by a 7th grader that just learned how to do Photoshop.

#5842 2 years ago

I transported a pin for 2 hours in 90 degree heat, covered in the back of my truck. When I took the machine out, it was hot as hell. I wouldn't do it again. Early morning or night is the way to go.

#5844 2 years ago

Well...the shipper guy already is in action. Hopefully I don't end up with a "Glob n Roastes"

#5845 2 years ago

Nice, though that Secret Service needs more prostitutes hanging out with agents to be more accurate

Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Data East secret service working players condition $1200

Machine - For Sale
Secret ServiceNew!Used, needs some work “99% working game

The pop up gobble mech doesn't always sense the ball

Playfield is in good shape has been cleaned and new rubbers and lightbulbs have been installed

Good working...”
9 hours ago Fullerton, CA 1,200
surfsidedetail

#5846 2 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Nice, though that Secret Service needs more prostitutes hanging out with agents to be more accurate

Haha

#5847 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Looking for a Star Wars episode 1.

GB has ruined your taste in games, Mike lol

#5848 2 years ago

I'm looking to move my Space Station
sacramento.craigslist.org link

Trade offers welcome

#5849 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

GB has ruined your taste in games, Mike lol

He hasn't reached his quota of owning this game 20 times

#5850 2 years ago

Ha not for me, a non pinball friend wants it. I asked him if he was sure and even told him not the best pinball ever made but still wants me to find him one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.75
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 18.95
There are 8696 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 174.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside