(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,705 posts
  • 506 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 31 minutes ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8705 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 175.
#5301 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I doubt I'll have any trouble moving my ACDC Prem when I get around to it.

Isn't that the next vault tittle?

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn't go that far. But hey, trolls gotta troll...and we're in bizarro world now where people have convinced themselves Ghostbusters actually plays well. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Ghostbusters is definitely overrated. The pro especially. I think you might be a little too close to FG brand and thus overlook the many many many flaws of that pin. Trey Parker and Matt Stone probably think South Park is a great pin.

On a side note: Recently saw an episode of FG where they were on a toboggan and were all wearing GoPros. The screen was split 6 ways so you could see each point of view. Brilliant whoever came up with that idea. Must have been very difficult to coordinate.

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to put my collection up for sale:
Iron Man original (HUO, I am second owner), heavily modded, custom powder coat, custom apron with flashers, toys, etc. (no color DMD) $6100
TWD Premium (pretty much stock) great HUO condition (original owner) $6100
The Hobbit LE (original owner) plastic protectors, LED light kit for rear and under apron. $7200
PM with any questions etc.

Robs IM is truly amazing in person; so much custom work and still looks like it just came out of the box.

Anyone who's bought from Rob knows he keeps his pins in immaculate condition. Buy with confidence.

EM's you'all say eh...... I actually played some EM's at expo and had a blast. We had a sweet $1 game going on Rocky, what a cool freakin game! Unfortunately it started acting all weird on us and we had to move on to another. Forgot what others we played, but sure was fun doing $1 games on em.

#5304 2 years ago

Selling a really nice Tommy. Fully modded with leds, cliffys, titan rubbers, custom blades, and Pinsound. $3400.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ghostbusters is definitely overrated. The pro especially. I think you might be a little too close to FG brand and thus overlook the many many many flaws of that pin. Trey Parker and Matt Stone probably think South Park is a great pin.

Quite the opposite. The last thing I want to see outside of work is FG. It's just a flat out great game. The most Williams feeling Stern has built and one of Pat Lawlor's best. Great design, great unique main toy, great rules by Keith Johnson. It's highly rated by tournament players, casuals, and players in between. I think you're a little too against the game for reasons never quite explained...usually completely out of context & just to push my buttons for some reason.

#5306 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quite the opposite. The last thing I want to see outside of work is FG. It's just a flat out great game. The most Williams feeling Stern has built and one of Pat Lawlor's best. Great design, great unique main toy, great rules by Keith Johnson. It's highly rated by tournament players, casuals, and players in between. I think you're a little too against the game for reasons never quite explained...usually completely out of context & just to push my buttons for some reason.

I gotta agree. Id probably put FGY in my top 5 all sterns. Integration, layout, rules, and best mini pf in all of pinball not to mention the humor is unmatched vs any other pin out there. Such a great pin. I owned one for 4 years; got to play it again for the first time in a long time at expo, such a great pin even after all these years. So clever, so fun. Those who don't like it are just missing out; and Shrek doesn't count

#5307 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to put my collection up for sale:
Iron Man original (HUO, I am second owner), heavily modded, custom powder coat, custom apron with flashers, toys, etc. (no color DMD) $6100
TWD Premium (pretty much stock) great HUO condition (original owner) $6100
The Hobbit LE (original owner) plastic protectors, LED light kit for rear and under apron. $7200
PM with any questions etc.

Dude... what the?!?! I didn't expect that ! I'm glad I was able to buy your McCune/HEP Monster Bash before the liquidation. It's truly a masterpiece.

I've seen Rob's pins in person, and they are meticulously well maintained, and sitting in a very nice environment. Definitely buy with confidence.

#5308 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm always surprised when I really like a game and others hate it and vice versa. How can people's tastes be so different?

I'm a big Lawlor fan and was a big fan of FG show at the time the game came out. It was one of two games at the local bowling alley so I nhave played FG hundreds and hundreds of times. Maybe my expectations were too high, which makes its shortcomings more amplified in my mind.

Main issues are in no particular order:

Call outs get old and annoying after awhile more so than other games. Hearing same jokes and Louis' voice over and over.

If a game only has one ramp it better be a really good and satisfying shot to hit like TOTAN for example. FG ramp is easy to hit, cheap plastic, does not elevate very high or criss cross, etc. Very bland ramp.

Mini play field feels like cheap kiddie toy you would buy at Toys R Us. Scaling down a play field does not translate properly. Mini play field was unreliable and the little ball would often bounce over flippers.

Rules were alright but nothing special.

#5309 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quite the opposite. The last thing I want to see outside of work is FG. It's just a flat out great game. The most Williams feeling Stern has built and one of Pat Lawlor's best

I concur. I have FG and Shrek as well. As one does.

The game (applies to both of them) has great shots, deep rules, really good theme integration. Like most KJ games the final wizard mode is stupidly unobtainable, but the mini wizard is obtainable in a good game.

Aside from TAF and TZ, Lawlers best work.

rd

#5310 2 years ago

Anyone recall who was doing rivet service in tbe Bay area last year? There was an add in the marketplace forever.
Cant find it.
Please PM me if you know the guy.
Thanks Eric

#5311 2 years ago

FG is awesome.. the mini-PF might be one of the coolest ones out there IMO, and I am not even a fan of mini play fields

#5312 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Anyone recall who was doing rivet service in tbe Bay area last year? There was an add in the marketplace forever.
Cant find it.
Please PM me if you know the guy.
Thanks Eric

Found it, contacted already.
Anyone local in so cal offer a rivet service?
Dont feel like buying a rivet press.

#5313 2 years ago

Just come to Vegas, you can use mine.

#5314 2 years ago

I'm not getting out of the hobby.

Just downsizing even more, and going with less expensive pins to help fund upgrades for another hobby (Jeep). I do have an Aerosmith pro on order.

#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm not getting out of the hobby.
Just downsizing even more, and going with less expensive pins to help fund upgrades for another hobby (Jeep). I do have an Aerosmith pro on order.

So let me see if I got this straight; you're trading a mint collector IM, a TWD PREM, and a hobbit - for 1 Aerosmith...PRO? wtf! I know you weren't drinking alcohol at expo. 420 Legal now? Must be it.

Just messing around, get that AS shipped overnight lets play!

#5317 2 years ago

I've got one you can come by and use... i'd rather not take any money and do it myself... i'll show you how to use it and everything...

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So let me see if I got this straight; you're trading a mint collector IM, a TWD PREM, and a hobbit - for 1 Aerosmith...PRO? wtf! I know you weren't drinking alcohol at expo. 420 Legal now? Must be it.

Man we need to play AS Pro at Rob's !! I love that game!

#5319 2 years ago

Putting my GBLE up for sale. PM with any questions. Thanks.

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Just come to Vegas, you can use mine.

Thank you bro....I know about yours but thats July before Im in vegas. Ill bring some stuff.

Quoted from iwantansi:

I've got one you can come by and use... i'd rather not take any money and do it myself... i'll show you how to use it and everything...

Thank you so very much. The next few days are busy for me, ill email you next week.

#5321 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What the dang!? I mean ....I hate pinball and I'm still sticking w/ my games for the time being!

What do you mean you hate pinball??
And Rob whaaaaat?

#5322 2 years ago

Any one looking for very nice
Original MM
Selling soon

#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

What do you mean you hate pinball??
And Rob whaaaaat?

That's my schtick now, Lisa! Because of my negative experiences with the NIB side of things lately, I say "I hate pinball". I actually don't hate pinball, but I'm never buying a NIB pinball again, that's for certain.

#5325 2 years ago

Pinball is a Love/Hate relationship! Lol

#5326 2 years ago

Hate the players, don't hate the game.

#5327 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yeah, when I do the math on the above, it equals cash in my pocket...until it gets dumped into suspension upgrades.

#5328 2 years ago

Rob, before buying that Advance Adapters transfer case I'd be willing to swap you Batman for your IM at least until the code update after the next one.

#5329 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Call outs get old and annoying after awhile more so than other games. Hearing same jokes and Louis' voice over and over.

Was the bowling alley's machine running old code? The game came out 10 years ago and people are still telling me they're hearing new quotes on their machines. FGY had more custom dialog and show clips than any other Stern out there. Tell me a game that has more varied clips.

Also who is Louis?

Quoted from vicjw66:

Rules were alright but nothing special.

I'm convinced you were playing old code.

Keith Johnson rules are always special.

#5330 2 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one looking for very nice
Original MM
Selling soon

Hopefully

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Was the bowling alley's machine running old code? The game came out 10 years ago and people are still telling me they're hearing new quotes on their machines. FGY had more custom dialog and show clips than any other Stern out there. Tell me a game that has more varied clips.
Also who is Louis?

I'm convinced you were playing old code.
Keith Johnson rules are always special.

Whoops. You may be onto something there. In 2007 code updates weren't on my radar as much as they are now. TWD didn't have Horde in it for well over a year. I used to leave post its on the game begging for an update to the code, and after about a year the operator finally did. He was an old time operator who didn't really know or care about code updates.

So I concede that FG may have had early code the whole time it was there. Certainly that would have an adverse effect on my opinion of the game. But, I still stand by my criticisms of the ramp and Stewie mini play-field.
Damn, now I'm going to have play that game again to find out. Ugh.

Louis is Lois' auto fill-in cousin.

#5332 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Whoops. You may be onto something there. In 2007 code updates weren't on my radar as much as they are now. TWD didn't have Horde in it for well over a year. I used to leave post its on the game begging for an update to the code, and after about a year the operator finally did. He was an old time operator who didn't really know or care about code updates.
So I concede that FG may have had early code the whole time it was there. Certainly that would have an adverse effect on my opinion of the game. But, I still stand by my criticisms of the ramp and Stewie mini play-field.
Damn, now I'm going to have play that game again to find out. Ugh.
Louis is Lois' auto fill-in cousin.

Yea I'd have to say FGY has the most variety than any pin out there as far as call outs and sounds. Had that game for 4 years and it never got old and always made me chuckle. And, it seemed like I'd always hear a new call out on that game.

For Stevie pinball, there's a smaller ball you can put in the game that makes it play a little more fun; bouncier and faster.

I agree on the ramp, not the best ramp in the world, but not bad by any means either. Especially when you're doing the down south mode and hitting the monkey.

Rules are amazing for anyone who loves Keith's challenges. Tv wizard mode is attainable and a blast; the Stevie super jp is amazing to get - and his secret super jp is even more amazing. Beer can modes + evil monkey shots, fart + lard mb. Dude the game has it all. I'd definitely give it another chance.

#5333 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tv wizard mode is attainable and a blast;

And because the TV wizard points hinge on how well you did on the modes - that makes playing the modes well a priority & not just wood to chop through.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

For Stevie pinball, there's a smaller ball you can put in the game that makes it play a little more fun; bouncier and faster.

I feel like most people miss the point of the mini-pin: Stewie Multiball. Juggling the upper and lower simultaneously and trying to alternate the character jackpots (Peter mini, Peter main, etc) is a blast ...I can't think of another multiball like that. Plus, the variety of stacking opportunities. A mode & Lard & Fart & Crazy Chris & Happy Hour = crazy points.

Also now that it's "the future"....ColorDMD! ColorDMD, as usual, looks great.

#5334 2 years ago

Looking to sell my STAR TREK LE #746 ... bought this from trent years back.

Original owner. Low plays and in great condition. It does have Aurich's rule cards and coin door inserts.

PM me with offers and questions

#5335 2 years ago

As soon as I sell my Spider-Man I think I'd like to try to do a refurb/restoration on a DMD game.

It needs to have the parts ability and "good bones". No games from a flood or fire, please.

Not sure what I'm looking for, but will probably know it when I see it.

Accepting ideas, suggestions and game offers.

Thanks.

Robert

#5336 2 years ago

I would be willing to sell my Batman66 premium for $6800. Have had no problems with it at all. Located in north orange county.

#5337 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be willing to sell my Batman66 premium for $6800. Have had no problems with it at all. Located in north orange county.

But I thought you loved the game? I would give Lyman a few more months to work his magic. Look what he did with TWD code. I fully expect he will make this a top 3 all time pin.

#5338 2 years ago

Correction: A top 3 all time Batman themed pin.

#5339 2 years ago

Having fun, but need space. considering a CA sale on my nice HUO GB PREM.
Dec 16' date. All protectors and cliffys installed.
Will let it go for a firm but fair @ $6500.
Also have an original PAC man cabaret @800 includes a new overlay.
pm if interested

#5340 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

But I thought you loved the game?

I do. But when you need to free up some cash, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like I won't ever get to play it again. Plus I have 30 other games so there is never a dull moment around here.

I would consider taking an older, cheaper game in trade. This Batman's real nice and I wouldn't have got it if I hadn't played it and inspected it first. Anybody that would like to do the same, let me know!

#5341 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Having fun, but need space. considering a CA sale on my nice HUO GB PREM.
Dec 16' date. All protectors and cliffys installed.
Will let it go for a firm but fair @ $6500.
Also have an original PAC man cabaret @800 includes a new overlay.
pm if interested

Where you located Vino? I've got a friend (non-pinsider) looking for a GB

#5343 2 years ago

Anyone have a decent Lethal Weapon 3? Not willing to spend over $2K for it. PM me if you have one. I'm located in Santa Clarita

#5344 2 years ago

selling my xmen pro- I want to upgrade to the LE. Anyone have an xmen LE they want to move along?

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I do. But when you need to free up some cash, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's not like I won't ever get to play it again. Plus I have 30 other games so there is never a dull moment around here.
I would consider taking an older, cheaper game in trade. This Batman's real nice and I wouldn't have got it if I hadn't played it and inspected it first. Anybody that would like to do the same, let me know!

Maybe it's time to take your Bon Voyage back!

#5346 2 years ago

Lowered the price on my Ghostbusters LE.

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecialK-33:

Anyone haves a decent Lethal Weapon 3? Not willing to spend over $2K for it. PM me if you have one. I'm located in Santa Clarita

I saw this one on CL. I don't know anything about it

sfbay.craigslist.org link

Junky

#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I saw this one on CL. I don't know anything about it
sfbay.craigslist.org link
Junky

$1,200?! If I'd be up there I would be all over. Almost TGTBT.

#5349 2 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

$1,200?! If I'd be up there I would be all over. Almost TGTBT.

Seems right to me! Back when I started collecting, it seemed like LW3 was the most produced game ever - as every auction had 3 or 4 of them and they were constantly on Craigslist. They were usually less than $1000, too. While prices have gone up - I don't think there's any major demand for LW3, so $1200 still seems about right for today's market.

#5350 2 years ago

Guess I have to keep my eyes open. For $1,200 I will take one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 26.95
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 7,599.00
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 79.00
$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 224.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Cabinet Parts
Maple Street Sign Shop
There are 8705 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 175.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside