(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,710 posts
  • 683 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 461 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG
There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 255.
#5251 7 years ago

No one wants a nice 2007 Spider-man. These used to sell easily.

Robert

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/47051

#5252 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

No one wants a nice 2007 Spider-man. These used to sell easily.
Robert
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/47051

The originals took a hit in value after the Vault Edition came out.

#5253 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I did end up getting the TZ.

I watched that auction online ALL DAY! I wasn't sure how it was going to work and I wanted that beat up Jokerz machine. I cant believe it went for $500. It seemed like the games went for some pretty high prices compared to what they have sold for in the past on there. I still wish I was down there watching it in person. Seemed like a fun time.

#5254 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The originals took a hit in value after the Vault Edition came out.

I guess I'll find out what that "hit" is.

Robert

#5255 7 years ago

I'm probably wrong but it seems the markets are changing . It seems supply has finally caught up to recent demand . I mean look at all the choices available today, AFMr, dialed in, Aliens , Aerosmith, Batman, GB etc ,my god when in the history of pinball has the consumer had SO many nib choices .
So selling something like a SS , SM or even in my case a near perfect Refinery Metallica pro is becoming more difficult it seems .

#5256 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I watched that auction online ALL DAY! I wasn't sure how it was going to work and I wanted that beat up Jokerz machine. I cant believe it went for $500. It seemed like the games went for some pretty high prices compared to what they have sold for in the past on there. I still wish I was down there watching it in person. Seemed like a fun time.

I do like the online viewing, it can be a long day in person. Usually I will drop my wife off at Disneyland, preview the auction, go join her for lunch, walk around for a few hours then head over for the pins. After that back to Disney for dinner and maybe head back for the cage (where the deals tend to be).

He has definitely grown that business and I think its awesome to see that along with all of the people he keeps employed now. Of course with that growth it has become a lot harder to find deals thete. The pins there are almost never a great deal (but there is the rare unicorn that still keeps me coming back). If your looking for a particular title chances are it will come up and if you are careful you have a chance at getting an alright price.

At least they take credit cards so I can pay with my amazon card or AA card to at least recoup a small bit of the fees.

#5257 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

I'm probably wrong but it seems the markets are changing . It seems supply has finally caught up to recent demand . I mean look at all the choices available today, AFMr, dialed in, Aliens , Aerosmith, Batman, GB etc ,my god when in the history of pinball has the consumer had SO many nib choices .
So selling something like a SS , SM or even in my case a near perfect Refinery Metallica pro is becoming more difficult it seems .

I think thats probably true. There really is an awesome selection of games currently in production. Further I think all of them are well put together fun games. I just hope it reaches and hold a healthy equilibrium without putting any of these guys under.

#5258 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

It seems supply has finally caught up to recent demand .

You'd think that someone would want SM...just not planning to give mine away.

#5259 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

It will sell, I'm just saying that it may take a little more time . The buyer just has so many choices today.
In the past up until recently in the Phoenix / AZ market if you listed a nice clean modern pin it sold in a a week . Now look at the PHX Craigslist today, creature, amh, SS, Twd premium, twd pro and they have all been there for awhile more than a month for most .

#5260 7 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

It will sell, I'm just saying that it may take a little more time . The buyer just has so many choices today.
In the past up until recently in the Phoenix / AZ market if you listed a nice clean modern pin it sold in a a week . Now look at the PHX Craigslist today, creature, amh, SS, Twd premium, twd pro and they have all been there for awhile more than a month for most .

Wait until after Tax time and people will start spending more money.

I think the worst time to sell a pin is right before tax time and right after Xmas IMO.

#5261 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I miss mine a bit. But I'm sorta in a pinball holding pattern at the moment. Also I'd have to peel off all those target decals & find the original sling plastics. lol

#5262 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I miss mine a bit. But I'm sorta in a pinball holding pattern at the moment. Also I'd have to peel off all those target decals & find the original sling plastics. lol

Ha, Ha, ha...

#5263 7 years ago

Hey all, I hope one of you California based pinball parts horders can help me out here.... I want to convert my Alien Poker P-roc project from a single ball game to a mulit-ball game. To that end, I needs some parts....

I am looking for a complete ball trough setup from an early williams SS game. Something from out of a Williams system 3-11 that works on 34 volts. I need the entire trough, all the trough switches, both the outhole coil & eject coil, and the shooter lane switch. The ideal donor would come out of a Black Knight or Space Shuttle.

#5264 7 years ago

Does anyone want to buy a GAMBLE!?

Anyone interested in taking my Big Lebowski #56 spot for $8500, PM me.

#5265 7 years ago

I am testing the waters to see if there is any interest in a Full Throttle or Hobbit LE. Both in San Jose and great shape.

#5266 7 years ago

Looking for a TAF, lemme know what you have or know of one.

Thanks

#5267 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The new spiderman movie comes out July 7th. That normally sparks interest.

#5268 7 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

The new spiderman movie comes out July 7th. That normally sparks interest.

With a new Aunt May...Marisa Tomei...Thank You casting.

#5269 7 years ago

Have a huo hobbit smaug....interested in trading for tspp.shrek or?..2 for 1...1 for 1..plus cash minus cash...pm thanks

#5270 7 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Have a huo hobbit smaug....interested in trading for tspp.shrek or?..2 for 1...1 for 1..plus cash minus cash...pm thanks

Dang! Another one bites the dust. How can such a brilliant game get booted so often?

#5271 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dang! Another one bites the dust. How can such a brilliant game get booted so often?

Awesome pin hands down...but always looking for something different...keeps it interesting....

#5272 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yeah, it's a fantastic game. Played one yesterday for maybe an hour at Cuetopia in San Jose (not the best condition, but still fun).
But I see how it might be difficult to sell a 10 year old game for $5K when there's just so many options. You can get a 5-year-newer X-Men or Avengers for less money or get a NIB Ghostbusters delivered to your door for $5,500

Not sure what that means for the future value of these machines, but I used to have the 1980 Gottlieb The Amazing Spider-Man so just for the nostalgia, if the price ever dipped enough on SM I would definitely pick one up

#5273 7 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

But I see how it might be difficult to sell a 10 year old game for $5K when there's just so many options. You can get a 5-year-newer X-Men or Avengers for less money or get a NIB Ghostbusters delivered to your door for $5,500

Those games are far inferior to Spider-Man. Spider-Man is excellent! $5k is a real value on that game in today's market, IMO.

#5274 7 years ago

I still think Spidy is sterns best to date followed by met, acdc and twd

#5275 7 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I still think Spidy is sterns best to date followed by met, acdc and twd

Sometimes I'm shocked I sold mine years ago, considering I still really love the game. I was just getting my fast action fix from Tron & Iron Man and my Ritchie/Lyman fix from AC/DC and it was just sitting there unplayed. I put about 4000 plays on my Spider-Man!

#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Those games are far inferior to Spider-Man. Spider-Man is excellent! $5k is a real value on that game in today's market, IMO.

FWIW, I agree with you. SM is way better.
But I know not everyone thinks it's so much better and when other options are significantly cheaper, I wouldn't be surprised to see some people snatching up one of the others and saving a grand in the process

#5277 7 years ago
Quoted from Adams:

Yeah, it's a fantastic game. Played one yesterday for maybe an hour at Cuetopia in San Jose (not the best condition, but still fun).
Not sure what that means for the future value of these machines, but I used to have the 1980 Gottlieb The Amazing Spider-Man so just for the nostalgia, if the price ever dipped enough on SM I would definitely pick one up

I would get GB for $5200 and not give a extra $300

#5278 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Cause its not that fun to shoot.

#5279 7 years ago

Welp,
There you have it, Vader has spoken! *breathing sound*

#5280 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Cause its not that fun to shoot.

Except that it is.

#5281 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Except that it is.

Certainly more fun to shoot than Family Guy.

#5282 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have had a couple of offers for my Spider-Man, both at $4600...well except for the scammer that would pay full price.

It's difficult for me to think about parting with a great game like SM for so little money, but I guess at the moment that's what it is.

If the grandkids wanted to play it more, I'd probably try keep it, but they are fickle and apparently the novelty of Spider-Man has worn off. They play NBA FB & NGG way more. I need the space so SM is the one to go.

There are certainly a lot of options for games at around $5k, but SM has to be one of the best values out there right now.

Robert

#5283 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Certainly more fun to shoot than Family Guy.

Wouldn't go that far. But hey, trolls gotta troll...and we're in bizarro world now where people have convinced themselves Ghostbusters actually plays well. Nothing makes sense anymore.

#5284 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Kinda like tasty Vegan doughnuts.

#5285 7 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Kinda like tasty Vegan doughnuts.

Donut Bar San Diego!!!!

Gaddammit I can't post pictures here

#5286 7 years ago

Link it in the marketplace where it's easily accessible for years to come!

#5287 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wouldn't go that far. But hey, trolls gotta troll...and we're in bizarro world now where people have convinced themselves Ghostbusters actually plays well. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Its such a pretty game and such a dream theme that every time I try to convince myself its fun to play. Alas, I fail consistently. So wierd how on paper it checks all the boxes yet it is what it is. I'm sure its probably genuinely fun for some. Maybe its one of those games that needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated (still trying to convince myself).

#5288 7 years ago

MMMMM.....donuts (said in Homer voice)

#5289 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have had a couple of offers for my Spider-Man, both at $4600...well except for the scammer that would pay full price.
It's difficult for me to think about parting with a great game like SM for so little money, but I guess at the moment that's what it is.
If the grandkids wanted to play it more, I'd probably try keep it, but they are fickle and apparently the novelty of Spider-Man has worn off. They play NBA FB & NGG way more. I need the space so SM is the one to go.
There are certainly a lot of options for games at around $5k, but SM has to be one of the best values out there right now.
Robert

I think the market all the way around is getting softer. I think the days of everyone one getting more then what they paid for a game, or very very close to what they paid for a game are at the end (im not saying you are doing that just making a statement about prices). Ive never understood FS ads where someone list a game for NIB price or more then NIB because they added some "mods" to it. I remember seeing a SM for sale a few months ago. It was HUO with only like 400 plays on it or something like that. It was leded and had quite a few mods and looked great, and it sat well over a month with a 5k price tag on it. Im not saying your price is unfair, just saying that prices are starting to shift on used games, with all of the other options out there. I mean look at TPF that just happened. People have like 4-5 new titles to throw money at. AFMr, Houdini, Aerosmith, Dialed In, Batman 66, Alien, and maybe im missing one or two.

#5290 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

People have like 4-5 new titles to throw money at. AFMr, Houdini, Aerosmith, Dialed In, Batman 66, Alien, and maybe im missing one or two.

Not only are there a lot of new titles out there but there are some really great games too. I have played and really liked Dialed In and Aerosmith. AFMr is of course going to be the same great game. BM66 is also fun in its own way, haven't played Alien. Plus Spooky has new games and we might even someday see a title like Total Annihilation which looks like a blast.

It's a great time for lovers of Pinball, I think a full on renaissance, but yeah, all those options are probably going to somewhat soften newer used games. I'm not sure if they will also impact older B/W 90's classics (and older too).... but probably.

#5291 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think the market all the way around is getting softer. I think the days of everyone one getting more then what they paid for a game, or very very close to what they paid for a game are at the end (im not saying you are doing that just making a statement about prices). Ive never understood FS ads where someone list a game for NIB price or more then NIB because they added some "mods" to it. I remember seeing a SM for sale a few months ago. It was HUO with only like 400 plays on it or something like that. It was leded and had quite a few mods and looked great, and it sat well over a month with a 5k price tag on it.

At the end of the day it's always supply and demand. Spider-Man Vault put a slight dent in demand for the original. I personally would rather have the original, but the existence of the Vault splits the market for Spidey a bit.

#5292 7 years ago

I'm going to be listing my restored monster bash in about a month, but I figured I'd let the locals know first. Machine is clean, most parts are NOS, small scuff on the upper right corner of the backbox. Asking $10,500 and I'm right near SFO. Looking for a pickup and cash. Any serious buyers can pm for much more info and pics.

#5293 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think the market all the way around is getting softer.

Depends on the title. I doubt I'll have any trouble moving my ACDC Prem when I get around to it. Spider-Man and Iron Man both have Vault Editionitis.

#5294 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Its such a pretty game and such a dream theme that every time I try to convince myself its fun to play. Alas, I fail consistently. So wierd how on paper it checks all the boxes yet it is what it is. I'm sure its probably genuinely fun for some. Maybe its one of those games that needs to be in a home environment to be appreciated (still trying to convince myself).

If your talking about GB, I had the same opinion until I happen to come across one out in the wild. Luckily it was a premium, I just couldnt get into the pro. It was surprisingly fun for me and the wifey (+ total perfect theme for me).

#5295 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Depends on the title. I doubt I'll have any trouble moving my ACDC Prem when I get around to it. Spider-Man and Iron Man both have Vault Editionitis.

I think it would depend on asking price, if you are in the upper price range of what they go for (what are they up to now 7500-8kish, I haven't been following them closely), I bet it sits for 2-4 weeks before finding a buyer. If your 500 under upper price range I bet it sells within a week.

#5296 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

At the end of the day it's always supply and demand.

Quoted from Aurich:

Depends on the title.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I think it would depend on asking price

You know that you are all correct, right?

#5297 7 years ago

I'm going to put my collection up for sale:

Iron Man original (HUO, I am second owner), heavily modded, custom powder coat, custom apron with flashers, toys, etc. (no color DMD) $6100

TWD Premium (pretty much stock) great HUO condition (original owner) $6100

The Hobbit LE (original owner) plastic protectors, LED light kit for rear and under apron. $7200

PM with any questions etc.

#5298 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to put my collection up for sale:
Iron Man original (HUO, I am second owner), heavily modded, custom powder coat, custom apron with flashers, toys, etc. (no color DMD) $6100
TWD Premium (pretty much stock) great HUO condition (original owner) $6100
The Hobbit LE (original owner) plastic protectors, LED light kit for rear and under apron. $7200
PM with any questions etc.

What the dang!? I mean ....I hate pinball and I'm still sticking w/ my games for the time being!

#5299 7 years ago

Looks like he's keeping the Bow and Arrow.

Going all EM on us Rob?

#5300 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like he's keeping the Bow and Arrow.
Going all EM on us Rob?

Robbie T has seen the light!

rd

There are 12,710 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.