(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,624 posts
  • 503 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by kpg
  • Topic is favorited by 316 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8624 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 173.
#5201 2 years ago

Used Sly Fox shipping to bring a RBION from SoCal to NorCal. Awesome job. Looking for a HUO CV and arcade related: HUO Timber(deal in SoCal fell through over the weekend). Or any Timber to go with our Tapper would be pretty awesome

#5202 2 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

HUO Timber(deal in SoCal fell through over the weekend). Or any Timber to go with our Tapper would be pretty awesome

What is Timber?

#5203 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looking for an Avengers LE or Premium.

Did you recently pick up a nasty drug addiction??? Lol

#5204 2 years ago
Uber rare cousin to the beer serving game Tapper. Had a HUO one lined up from KLOV, but the buyer changed his mind as I was getting ready to send funds. Keeping my eyes open for one in CA.

#5205 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Looking for a Getaway: Highspeed 2

Over 13,000 examples of this game were manufactured..bump!

#5206 2 years ago

Just in case you missed the info on the NorCal thread, Im selling my Williams Indiana Jones

Craigslist post:
sfbay.craigslist.org link

All pictures and video here:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!All7EvgkLeo2g1jR7B5prq9wMhlf

#5207 2 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

(Arcade Related)
For Sale: Area 51 Site 4 arcade pcb, game board, hard-drive JAMMA
$180 (OBO)
I have a bunch of PCB's in my shooter cabinet however I dont have a multi-resolution monitor. This uses a Standard Resolution monitor and I only have a Medium Resolution Monitor.

Are you sure there isn't a jumper on the monitor chassis to switch between medium and low rez? I've had to switch that myself.

#5208 2 years ago

I looked for something like that but couldn't find anything. I suppose it can't hurt to look up the monitor online.

According to the internet. It is a A63AFW36X tube that is used in a Wells Gardner U2000 monitor and it is a Medium Resolution monitor. No word on jumpers or dips to toggle from Standard/Medium.

#5209 2 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I looked for something like that but couldn't find anything. I suppose it can't hurt to look up the monitor online.
According to the internet. It is a A63AFW36X tube that is used in a Wells Gardner U2000 monitor and it is a Medium Resolution monitor. No word on jumpers or dips to toggle from Standard/Medium.

Quick google seems to indicated that the U2000 is standard rez, see multiple sources stating it.

Wells-Gardner U2000 25" & 27": standard
Wells-Gardner U5000 25" & 27" & 39" K7600: standard & medium (switchable via jumper)
Wells-Gardner K7400 25" & 27": standard
Wells-Gardner K7500 25" & 27": medium
Wells-Gardner U3000 19" & 27": high
Wells-Gardner D9200, D9400, D9800 27": standard, medium & high (tri-sync)

#5210 2 years ago

Looks like the A63AFW36X Tube is used in multiple monitors and the thread that I read was probably referring to a different monitor.

I found the model number WGM2575 which is a K7500 Medium Monitor.

#5211 2 years ago

Ah yeah, tube doesn't mean much, it's the chassis that's important. And that's a fixed medium, so there you have it!

#5212 2 years ago

I'll be putting my 2007 Spiderman up for sale shortly, as soon as I get a few pics, make an appraisal of condition and list of features and go thru my boxes of parts to see what else might go along with it.

Robert

#5213 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'll be putting my 2007

I only read 007 and got excited... I am still looking for a 007 Goldeneye

Archived after 36 days
Unknown reason:
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! “Still looking for a 007 Goldeneye. Will ship and prefer Bay Area, CA Must be clean and magnets/motors working. FYI: Yes, I am going to keep bumping this thread
2017-03-24
Northern California, CA
Wanted

#5214 2 years ago

It looks like the next Captian's Auction in SoCal will be interesting. There are lots of pins listed.

#5215 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

It looks like the next Captian's Auction in SoCal will be interesting. There are lots of pins listed.

I have found that all the high end pins have reserves now at the auction. Several of the line up has been there before. Same BR,Addams,Twilight as last auction.

#5216 2 years ago

Always love watching captains but some of the pin prices are wacky (as everywhere else I suppose)...

But I think the reason some of the pins end up on the floor auction after auction is not because of reserve (he calls those out and passes) but because people get caught up in the bidding and bid up to a normal price without budgeting for all the fee's (roughly an additional 25% to a non reseller).... so upon realizing hoe badly they overspent they either walk or immediately re-list.

Also seen several newer sterns go for prices that by the time you pay the buyer fee and tax your looking at well over NIB prices for used games still available. Must be mostly noobs doing that.

All that being said will likely still try for that TZ.

#5217 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I have found that all the high end pins have reserves now at the auction. Several of the line up has been there before. Same BR,Addams,Twilight as last auction.

I've noticed pins sometimes return 3 or even 4 times, many keep coming back even though they were clearly won at auction multiple times. No idea how that happens, but it just all seems kinda weird to be, I thought bids were binding and you were obligated to buy when you win.

#5218 2 years ago

All a scam. Shill bidding on every pin. The only deals you will ever get are on slightly broken arcade games at the tail end of the auction after everybody else goes home.

#5219 2 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

That was the last place I saw a Goldeneye.

#5220 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

All a scam. Shill bidding on every pin. The only deals you will ever get are on slightly broken arcade games at the tail end of the auction after everybody else goes home.

good to know, i was considering checking this out but ill stay away

#5221 2 years ago

Your right though the slightly broken stuff at the end is where its at for those with the stamina (and don't mind fixing stuff). Best deal I ever got there was the very last item, around 1AM. A Wurlitzer 3000 in decent shape (working but badly needing a tune up) for $125

I think this may be round 3 for that TZ if its the same one. The sellers probably have their buddies bid things up for them... I don't know though you would think that would get expensive, especially considering the seller also pays a fee. I guess the thing to do is see if anyone actually loads it up after the sale or if it just sits there by itself.

#5222 2 years ago

I must say, the best selection of pins i've ever seen at Captain's! There's gonna be a lot of broke mofo's after everyone ridiculously overpays for all those pins! I certainly wont be one of those chumps!

#5223 2 years ago

Its an all star cast of pins tomorrow. See everyone there at 9am!
For the record, ive only got one deal in all my years. The stars have to align perfectly. Maybe with TPF this weekend a few of the dealers wont be there.

#5224 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Fake auction. Waste of time. I miss the old Super Auction days when they were real, not consignment phony bullshit.

#5225 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I miss the old Super Auction days when they were real, not consignment phony bullshit.

Yes, the golden days of deals. Few dealers i know started there bussiness's there.

#5226 2 years ago

If you're trying to buy WPCs and newer Sterns, Captain's is beyond ridiculous. But occasionally the really good stuff shows up and you can get a Lectronamo for $375 or an Argosy for $450 ...

#5227 2 years ago

At least its kind of funny to laugh at the suckers who massively overpay.

I doubt they are dealers as a dealer would know they can get NIB for less.

#5228 2 years ago

Eric,
Is that your flipper football I see listed at Captains?

About the only deals I see go thought there are on pool tables and jukeboxes. They sell late in the action, and for cheap. I just wish I had a way to move a pool table from the auction house to my shop...

#5230 2 years ago

Anyone in Orange County have an old sheet of WPC widebody (TZ etc.) glass available? Maybe one that was replaced with glare free? Had a sheet explode on me yesterday... first time in 7 years of moving and working on games.

#5231 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Anyone in Orange County have an old sheet of WPC Widebody glass lying around they be willing to let go of? Maybe one that was replaced with glare free? Had one explode on me yesterday... first time in 7 years of moving and working on games.

Ugh, such a PITA when that happens. On or off the game? Cut you up any? I had a sheet explode in my hands, lacerated the shit out of me.

#5232 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Check SF Bay Area Craigslist. Saw a very nice Hulk LE with Color DMD for $5500 a couple days ago.

That was mine and it sold last weekend.

#5233 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Anyone in Orange County have an old sheet of WPC widebody (TZ etc.) glass available? Maybe one that was replaced with glare free? Had a sheet explode on me yesterday... first time in 7 years of moving and working on games.

I have a bunch of old glass have to check if I have a wide body, but I'm in Santa Clarita, if I have one and you want to make the drive, it's yours.

#5234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fake auction. Waste of time. I miss the old Super Auction days when they were real, not consignment phony bullshit.

Rarehero is 100% correct. The captians auctions are a total scam. Most of the pins are reimports and in very bad shape. I bought a few in the past that should have never been sold. Parts machines at best. Alot of people dump their pins at Captains when they have issues that they cant fix. But the time you add sales tax and buyers premium its not worth it. We all like a good deal but this is not the place to find one. Unless you like repairing or spending alot extra money fixing them.....dont waste your time.

#5235 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I have a bunch of old glass have to check if I have a wide body, but I'm in Santa Clarita, if I have one and you want to make the drive, it's yours.

I really appreciate the offer but it's probably a bit too far to drive for now.

#5236 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ugh, such a PITA when that happens. On or off the game? Cut you up any? I had a sheet explode in my hands, lacerated the shit out of me.

In the game coming out so mostly broke over the apron. Not cuts but got a splinter that seems to have come out fine. It wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been that's for sure but not an easy piece of glass to replace on short notice.

#5237 2 years ago

I have new sheets of standard tempered pinball glass

$35 for standard
$45 for widebody

#5238 2 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

$35 for standard
$45 for widebody

Those are great prices. I got a sheet through a friend of mine who has really big glazing company and he could only get the regular for $40. Evan is a great guy to deal with. I'd hit him up,can't go wrong for $45

#5239 2 years ago

$35 for standard
$45 for widebody

Can i get a sheet of wide later next week?
Thats very nice of you.
But, Jay above is first if you only have one sheet.
You also have a pin id like to see in person.

#5240 2 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it took a while to find glass at a decent price.

I also have a used sheet of widebody invisiglass in excellent shape for $200

#5241 2 years ago

Yes Eric I have 10 sheets of widebody and 30+ sheets of standard

Swing on by

#5242 2 years ago

Need a widebody Gottlieb glass
For James Bond.

#5243 2 years ago

I caught the classic Stern Bug, please PM me what you have.
Shane

#5244 2 years ago

$35 for standard
$45 for widebody

It cost me $53 for a standard one-off at a glass shop. I'll hit you up next time. Although I swear I will not break one of these again!

#5245 2 years ago

have a used sheet of widebody invisiglass in excellent shape for $200

Pm sent

#5246 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Rarehero is 100% correct. The captians auctions are a total scam. Most of the pins are reimports and in very bad shape. I bought a few in the past that should have never been sold. Parts machines at best. Alot of people dump their pins at Captains when they have issues that they cant fix. But the time you add sales tax and buyers premium its not worth it. We all like a good deal but this is not the place to find one. Unless you like repairing or spending alot extra money fixing them.....dont waste your time.

Hmm, there does seem to be some scam going on with shill bidders and all, but I did get a couple of pins there that were in good shape, like my AC/DC Pro and Pirates of the Carribean. You do have to be careful though to not get caught up in their crazy live bidding. But I did just buy a Bride of Pinbot from today's auction for $2100, or around $2676 after their buyers premium and taxes which I don't think is too bad.

#5247 2 years ago

Not the plan but something has come up and I need to move 1 if not 2 Pins. I thought I would let the locals know first. Nascar 100% working, clean with powder coated apron and habitrails 2500, RBION just torn down and shopped with cliffs and LEDs 3500, Popeye works 100% with great colors 2300, or a RCT that plays great but needs shopped 2700. I can send pics if you are interested. Thanx in advance.

#5248 2 years ago

Anyone have the auction results for shits and giggles?

#5249 2 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Not the plan but something has come up and I need to move 1 if not 2 Pins. I thought I would let the locals know first. Nascar 100% working, clean with powder coated apron and habitrails 2500, RBION just torn down and shopped with cliffs and LEDs 3500, Popeye works 100% with great colors 2300, or a RCT that plays great but needs shopped 2700. I can send pics if you are interested. Thanx in advance.

Bummer dude... I can attest, that is a nice Popeye.

#5250 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Hmm, there does seem to be some scam going on with shill bidders and all, but I did get a couple of pins there that were in good shape, like my AC/DC Pro and Pirates of the Carribean. You do have to be careful though to not get caught up in their crazy live bidding. But I did just buy a Bride of Pinbot from today's auction for $2100, or around $2676 after their buyers premium and taxes which I don't think is too bad.

Congrats, fun game! A couple other that I recall.. the RFM went for 3100 which I think was a too high, Safecracker I think went for 5300 which I guess is a good price for that game. The newer stern pros were going for around 4000 which is crazy considering After fees they are looking at around 5200 which you can get NIB shipped for. All in all it seemed ok today... some overpriced, some ok and maybe a couple deals.

I did end up getting the TZ. Probably overpaid at 4900 (before fees) considering its fresh off the route but it looks pretty clean in the photos and considering the last few rounds it was approaching 7k I don't feel too bad. Its been a dream pin for a long time though so excited to dig into it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 93.00
$ 689.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.50
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
There are 8624 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 173.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside