(Topic ID: 108481)

Official California For Sale Club (and Wanted too)

By jwwhite15

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,496 posts
  • 496 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 311 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,496 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1581_(resized).JPG
IMG_5083_(resized).JPG
13879268_1077148662378992_2689413698259788385_n_(resized).jpg
20160807_173110_HDR_(resized).jpg
07_(resized).JPG
06_(resized).JPG
05_(resized).JPG
04_(resized).JPG
03_(resized).JPG
02_(resized).JPG
01_(resized).JPG
DSC00003_(resized).JPG
DSC00012_(resized).JPG
DSC00011_(resized).JPG
DSC00010_(resized).JPG
DSC00008_(resized).JPG

There are 8496 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 170.
#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Been contemplating selling my Ghostbusters pro. I LOVE the game. It's super hard, and a fantastic play. I currently have my machines in the lobby at the game studio I work at for everyone to play (I live in an apartment with no room for games) so it has a LOT of credits on it (4k?) but I have kept very good care of it (replaced rubbers and waxed 3 times since sept) and I have all the practical anti air ball mods on it, shooter mod, and green glow library scoop.
thing is, people at work play ghostbusters a LOT. I have a Williams Space Station right next to it and no one ever touches it. Even though I love Ghostbusters, It's going to be available to buy for a few years to come. I could sell it off, and wait for a good deal on one of my other wish list pins to pop up. I recently had to pass on an amazing deal on a Monster Bash because i didn't have the funds at hand. And my co-workers seem to not want to play 'old' pins. so I could spare my investments some wear and tear by sticking to the older titles...
Does a Ghostbusters pro in great condition and mods go for 5K? or are people mostly wanting NIB for that price? I figure if I can get 5K for it, then I can sit back and wait for a Scared Stiff, Swords of Fury or Twilight Zone to pop up, and in a few years grab a Ghostbusters premium when I have more living space, and I will have it all to myself.

No sense in paying $5k for a GB with 4000 plays when they can get a new one shipped to their door for $5k. Yours is not heavily upgraded. You'll need to make it worth someone's while. I'm thinking $4400 is about right.

#5152 2 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

Nice Bally Shadow pinball bone Stock except LEDs in the rings
New rubbers and brick wall
Not much sanctum wear
100% working and ready to go

I have seen and played this Shadow and royally kicked ass on it!

How you set it up is your own choice. Very nice example indeed.

#5153 2 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

No sense in paying $5k for a GB with 4000 plays when they can get a new one shipped to their door for $5k. Yours is not heavily upgraded. You'll need to make it worth someone's while. I'm thinking $4400 is about right.

I may look into putting it on location somewhere instead and make a little money back if I can then. Thanks for the feedback!

#5154 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Looking to possibly trade my minty MMRLE Black for a modded IMVE or Tron with some cash my way. PM me if interested.

#5155 2 years ago

Flipper Football bump,kick.
$1300 listed in the marketplace.
I donate after every sale.
PayPal OK.

#5156 2 years ago

Hehe, yeah I'm growing impatient

#5157 2 years ago

So I am thinking of trading out my STTNG. It is in pretty good shape, fully LED'd out, and still has the stock display. If I had to put a value on it, I would think about $4,800. What I might be interested in would be NNG +some cash, a Funhouse +some cash, or a Simpsons Pinball Party +some cash (or straigh across for a nice one).

The ironic part is that I traded a very nice Simpsons Pinball Party for this machine. I now regret that decision. I like STTNG, but I have played it enough that it is no longer one of my grail pins like I thought it was.

#5158 2 years ago

Tossing around the idea of putting my WMS IJ up for trade. I would ideally like to trade it for 2 or 3 games. I updated my wishlist with some games Im interested in and Ill add more when I have a little more time. Something along the lines of TSPP/Funhouse/? etc.

The IJ is a really nice example. All gold armor + coindoor, LEDs, new cab decals, side blade art, spinning propeller mod, clean playfield, cliffys, lost plastic + speaker panel lightboard etc.

Really just thinking about diversifying the collection. If I find a trade that works cool - if not - thats fine too..

PM if intetested.

#5159 2 years ago

Im looking for a Metallica pro or premium. Ive got a pro to look at hopefully this weekend but would like to look at a couple different ones if possible.

#5160 2 years ago

Nice fishtales, Congo and earthshaker probably going.
Ads to follow.

Added over 3 years ago: FT and Congo sold.

#5161 2 years ago

Just posted my Airborne in the marketplace - really nice example! Note: this is NOT the copy that was for sale on SF Bay Area CL for many months at 3500$ - see details in the ad. I'm not in a rush to sell it, so it's only in the marketplace for now, not CL. Located near downtown San Jose. Thanks for looking!

Archived after 12 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Airborne Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Super nice, clean Airborne for sale. Low plays - it's probably not HUO, but I doubt it was on route too long - it's too nice! Check out the coin door, backbox light panel, shooter ...”
2017-03-11
San Jose, CA

#5162 2 years ago

Ive put the STNNG I have for trade or sale up in the marketplace...

Archived after 16 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Up for Sale or Trade: Williams Star Trek: The Next Generation The Good: Playfield in pretty good shape, only some bubbling under the mylar in front of the mission hole. The plas...”
2017-03-11
Tehachapi, CA
Trade

#5163 2 years ago

I have a TWD Premium and MMr LE Gold both in superior condition that I can bring to Expo this weekend for cash or top condition CV or TOTAN. Many references available. PM if interested. -Michael

#5164 2 years ago

Looking for a Getaway: Highspeed 2

#5165 2 years ago

Looking for a TOTAN.

#5166 2 years ago

Looking for a Data East Torpedo Alley or Rocky & Bullwinkle

#5167 2 years ago

I think a Rocky & bullwinkle is on bay area CL. Have you checked that out?

#5169 2 years ago

Wanted: Still looking for a Goldeneye. Local would be best or ship from south CA with Sly Fox Shipping.
Also not Pin Related, but arcade related.
Wanted: 720 Arcade. (Skate or Die)

Added over 3 years ago: (Cabinet Only or Broken)

#5170 2 years ago

Looking to trade my Superchexx bubble hockey and MK4 arcade machines +/- cash for a pin. Bubble chexx is in great condition HUO MK4 arcade is in good shape as in all works as it should. I'm interested in late 80's on up pins.

#5171 2 years ago

I'm still poking around for a collector-quality CV or TOTAN. I have an absolutely stunning restored-original 'Scared Stiff' with some nice mods I might be willing to trade. The play field and cabinet look new. I can bring it to Expo this weekend along with a TWD Premium. Thanks! -Michael

#5172 2 years ago

Greetings!
I'm selling my TAF NOS playfield. Wanted to start with the California folks first as I am the Bay Area. Would prefer not to ship if I don't have to.
Please PM me if interested. Thanks!
Jim Bovenzi

Added over 3 years ago: Thanks to all! It got sold!

#5173 2 years ago

Hey everyone,
I am putting my Hobbit Smaug up for sale. I am the original owner. Game is in perfect condition, plays great no issues, only 172 plays on it. PM me for details. Game is in SoCal(San Diego)

#5174 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

only 172 plays on it.

I was going to post the "Shame" meme from Game of Thrones, but you can't post pics here.

Shame.

#5175 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was going to post the "Shame" meme from Game of Thrones, but you can't post pics here.
Shame.

LOL, I know I know. I have had zero free time the past few months for pinball or anything else for that matter.

#5176 2 years ago

Need to move my Pinball Refinery Demolition Man on Steroids to make room for a new game coming in June, not in a huge rush but figured id post here first. Trades are fine but theyd have to be 2 for 1 since no matter what i need to end up with one free slot and im out of room in my gameroom at the moment. If youre unfamiliar, NorCalRealtor did a great job of explaining the differences between this and a normal demo man in his sale a couple weeks ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/103#post-3624610

Pics available in a day or two
Asking $4750

#5177 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

LOL, I know I know. I have had zero free time the past few months for pinball or anything else for that matter.

Yeah me too, pinball sucks. But Hobbit is still an awesome Ray of sunshine in the black tar mud of dumpster garbage.

#5178 2 years ago

I'm looking for a Williams Beat The Clock. Ad is in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-1963-williams-beat-the-clock

#5179 2 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

Need to move my Pinball Refinery Demolition Man on Steroids to make room for a new game coming in June, not in a huge rush but figured id post here first. Trades are fine but theyd have to be 2 for 1 since no matter what i need to end up with one free slot and im out of room in my gameroom at the moment. If youre unfamiliar, NorCalRealtor did a great job of explaining the differences between this and a normal demo man in his sale a couple weeks ago
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-california-for-sale-club-and-wanted-too/page/103#post-3624610
Pics available in a day or two
Asking $4750

Somebody give me some money .

#5180 2 years ago

Anybody have any feedback on http://classicgamerooms.com for NIB pin purchases?

I would prefer to buy from JJ at game exchange but would like a backup option if he is unable to get what I need.

#5181 2 years ago

Stick with JJ even if you have to wait a bit. He's been the best for me.

#5182 2 years ago

the thing that concerns me is that, pre-deposit put down, I was told game would be to him within "about two weeks", last week this changed to "they keep telling me two more weeks.." which concerns me a bit. I prefer to stay with a solid well recommended source, just want a backup in case this turns into a months long ordeal.

#5183 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

quoted for truth, JJ is the best, had a couple issues over the years with Stern NiB stuff and JJ handles it quicker and more efficiently than anyone else imo If im not mistaken hes Sterns largest domestic distributor, so he has Gary/John/Upper managements ear in a way a normal distributor wouldnt. I wouldnt go to anyone else for a NiB Stern

Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Somebody give me some money .

Glad you like the game, if youre in the SC area, ill have it for a little longer, youre always welcome to come by and play it

#5184 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Purely a backup strategy (and this is not to imply anything negative) I prefer and hope to work with JJ. Just thinking backup options just in case.

#5185 2 years ago
Quoted from Damon:

if youre in the SC area, ill have it for a little longer, youre always welcome to come by and play it

Won't be up north before July. But if you still have it (highly doubt it), I'll stop by on my way to CalExtreme.

#5186 2 years ago

Looking for an Avengers LE or Premium.

#5188 2 years ago

has anyone here ever played the Fireball 'Home Edition'? I see one for sale nearby. Asking price is $500, Pinside has it listed at a $250-$300 value.

also it looks smaller than a normal Pin? are the parts standard? will I be able to find them?

what am I getting into here? should I buy this thing?

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#5189 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

should I buy this thing?

No

#5190 2 years ago

I've played it enough to know that I have enjoyed it pretty much every time I've played it. I have told friends that I need to own that pin at some point to get it out of my system, and I've been saying that for well over a year now. Played it again at Arcade Expo and confirmed again that I want to own it, even if it won't be a long term keeper.

Some of the shots on that pin are *extremely* satisfying and largely make up for the other design flaws....to me. The sounds are pretty cool too.

#5191 2 years ago

For Sale: 1975 Bally Hi-Deal

This is a project that I never got around to. It's been is storage for a number of years.

The Good:

- The Back Glass in mint! (Some of the best art from Bally in that era IMHO).
- The game works (somewhat). It starts a game, puts a ball in play and it scores. Everything on the playfield seems to work. Other features such as balls to play (5 ball game) and ending a game need some TLC (switch cleaning and such).
- This is a very cool single player (rare for Bally in 1975) with a great layout and lots of features (Bonus, Double Bonus, Extra Ball and Add-A-Ball).

The Not So Good:

-The Playfield has a lot of wear
- The cab has been repainted at one time
- The head has water damage on one side and needs repair

$250

Update:

SOLD!

#5192 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Looking for an Avengers LE or Premium.

Check SF Bay Area Craigslist. Saw a very nice Hulk LE with Color DMD for $5500 a couple days ago.

#5193 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've played it enough to know that I have enjoyed it pretty much every time I've played it. I have told friends that I need to own that pin at some point to get it out of my system, and I've been saying that for well over a year now. Played it again at Arcade Expo and confirmed again that I want to own it, even if it won't be a long term keeper.
Some of the shots on that pin are *extremely* satisfying and largely make up for the other design flaws....to me. The sounds are pretty cool too.

I like it more than most people. It's fun for a while, so enjoy! If it wasn't for its fatal flaws, I'd probably still have it....like the gaddamn small sling holes - the sling switches bend back against them and give you unresponsive slings. Any time I bent them back, they'd be crappy within a couple games again. Also the endless Multiball once you get further into the game...once you're in Vs. Modes, it's all Multiball, all the time.

#5194 2 years ago

Check SF Bay Area Craigslist. Saw a very nice Hulk LE with Color DMD for $5500 a couple days ago.

That one sold already. It was a pretty decent deal considering the add ones it had.

#5195 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I like it more than most people. It's fun for a while, so enjoy! If it wasn't for its fatal flaws, I'd probably still have it....like the gaddamn small sling holes - the sling switches bend back against them and give you unresponsive slings. Any time I bent them back, they'd be crappy within a couple games again. Also the endless Multiball once you get further into the game...once you're in Vs. Modes, it's all Multiball, all the time.

Didn't the new code somewhat address vs. modes?

#5196 2 years ago

(Arcade Related)

For Sale: Area 51 Site 4 arcade pcb, game board, hard-drive JAMMA
$180 (OBO)

I have a bunch of PCB's in my shooter cabinet however I dont have a multi-resolution monitor. This uses a Standard Resolution monitor and I only have a Medium Resolution Monitor.

#5197 2 years ago

I want an avengers someday. I shut up about it I want the price to keep dropping. I don't why I like it but I do.

I'd like to play it and get sick of it. I'll probably end up keeping it forever, I'm a comic and avengers fan.

#5198 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Didn't the new code somewhat address vs. modes?

Did it? I thought it just added dots for the final wizard mode. I'm not sure what could address the Vs. modes. Once you collect everyone once, the next time you collect them, you get their Vs. mode, and all the Vs. modes are multiballs...and if you don't complete the Vs. Multiball, you can restart the mode and continue where you left off. So - you're either playing all the various Vs. modes or replaying them for MB after MB...it's kind of impossible to drain at that point as you're always a shot or so away from another Vs. mode.

#5199 2 years ago

Yeah, that was Mummite's. SKB told me about it but by the time I got around to contacting him it had already been marked sold.

#5200 2 years ago

HUO POTC under 300 plays with Pinbits shaker installed. Listed in Pinside classifieds at $5750.
PM me if you want a HUO 300 play POTC but can only afford $5500.00.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 126.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.99
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 115.00
Boards
AMCO
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
There are 8496 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 170.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside