(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

It looks like you miss out on a lot without being connected online. Even features that aren't listed as "premium". In this demo they have 9 animals to hunt and I only have 5 after updating to v8.50. Looks like I'm missing a bunch of bonus rounds and stuff too. Really doesn't look like I got too much extra from the update.

You can get upgrade codes to allow you to unlock additional hunting additional animals and zombies. These are sold by Game Room Guys for home use and offline games. I've upgraded mine to include the additional animals and Zombies which I think cost about $1700 + tax. They have different options and prices depending on what you want. When the game is online they take a cut of the coin drop so that operators are essentially renting this additional software from Raw Thrills.

3 weeks later
#245 4 years ago

I’ve got both now

BBF15C7A-A6AC-48B3-A5FB-0B1CD9CB643A (resized).jpegBBF15C7A-A6AC-48B3-A5FB-0B1CD9CB643A (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

I spoke to someone directly at Raw Thrills and they said the new buck hunter HD pricing model will be rolled out closer to March. They can’t share all of the details right now but the model is moving towards a “pay to play” model as opposed of a monthly fee. There isn’t details on how that translates to the home market but based on that it is probably easier to get your game online and have access to the current content.
They also mentioned that this new model will help drive future development of more content so it sounds like the HD platform will be around for a while.
If you guys have any other questions I can pass them on.

The "pay to play" per game doesn't really make sense for the home market because most of us like to have our games on free play. I would ask if they would consider selling the added content for home use customers at a reduced cost and make the discounted content only available when the game is set to "free play".

1 week later
#368 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Looking for a price check on an HD model with Wild and Zombie update. I am thinking of selling mine and buying a new model. If the pricing is close because the new updates are looking to be about 4K. Any thoughts on what mine would go for? Thanks

I've got the same set up. I'd guess the updates don't add as much value as they cost, and you'd probably end up spending a lot more money getting a new one than just getting the updates for the old one.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I called Raw Thrills/Betson yesterday to inquire if they might have World upgrade dongles still for sale. The parts guy said I’d have to talk with one of their sales guys but if they did it would likely be 2k+. I laughed and said to have them call me if they have something but asking that much for something like that is outrageous. Of course, no one there bothered to call me back.
I’ve talked with a few sales people at Betson over the past year or so when I was looking for a Safari and considering a HD newer version. Have never been impressed with the customer service skills or follow up with anyone Ive talked to there. The company reps I’ve talked with have mostly come across as a bit shifty and not very straight up. Sorry, but that has been my experience.

Rawthrills is the manufacturer and they aren't really set up to sell directly to customers. Betson is a distributor but they seem to be oriented more towards operators than home users. If you don't get good service from them they try another distributor that might be more oriented towards the home market (Game Room Guys, Game exchange, etc.). I found the experience of buying the upgrades for my HD version through a distributor very straight forward but expensive. I can't speak to their support for older products.

1 month later
#398 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Anyone in the US sign up for the Non-commercial plan yet?

I've called them about this. I was told it actually isn't possible to sign up yet but it will be at an undetermined date in the future. When it is available it will cost $29.98 per month.

2 months later
#434 3 years ago

I talked to Raw Thrills about this. For BBH HD made prior to this year it is still possible to get the extra content to use online via a one time fee. That said the fees are pretty steep but inline with what they were before (e.g. $1300 for one game, $2000 for a couple etc.). I had previously bought the extra animals and Zombie adventures via this system. For $39.99 a month you can get all the content for home use, and this is apparently the only way to get it on the BBH HD systems they are making now. I decided to go the monthly route at first to see which modules were worth getting then perhaps cancel the monthly fee and just pay for what I want after that and take the game back off line - the Raw Thrills rep reassured me that this is possible. I don't have it set up yet, apparently they need to make some changes to my Coin-up account and send me a USB stick with the new content.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Man this has been hell trying to get my game updated to reloaded. I sent in all paperwork over a month ago. First it was corona virus than the looting. But basically my version is too old to go online and connect to their servers. They need to send me a new version but it has been very difficult to get that new version.
Problem is when I went to go online I had to do a reset and lost all my current content, plus the game is now doing a countdown and if it does not connect to their servers soon it will be come non operational.
Been kind of a buzz kill but hopefully it will get straightened out in the next week or so.
I am a sucker and also ordered the topper. Is cheap compared to stern’s offerings.

I've had a similar experience, it has been very difficult to get mine updated even though it ran a recent version of the code already. At this point it has been about 5 months of phone calls and emails between myself and a few different people at Raw Thrills with various empty promises and excuses on their side as to why nothing has happened. I too have ordered the topper, but haven't received that yet either. It seems like it should be a simple transaction: I pay them and they provide a software update and a topper. As much as people complain about Stern, they at least figured that out. Instead the customer gets shuffled around to various people within the company who only occasionally come to work.

At this point I'm about ready to just give up on it. I'd love to hear if anyone was successful in getting this to work and how they did it.

1 week later
#443 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

hey guys, sorry to hear that you are having issues. i have forwarded this thread to my sales guy at Raw Thrills and will stay on top of it.
Thank you

Thanks. Someone from Raw Thrills reached out to me. Some more emails exchanged, I hope I am closer to getting this working.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I did receive shipping today so it should be soon. Hopefully the implementation is not as hard as getting it.

They told me they shipped mine today also.

#451 3 years ago

I got mine working. It is easy to install the code once you get the USB. It did require a few calls to get it online and get the content activated and set up for a home use machine on free play. It works great now though. My son and streamed it for a bit. Unforutnately, I forgot to plug in the lap top we were using for streaming so it got broken into two streams while I figured it out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664073341
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664046515

4 weeks later
#465 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I received my BBH Reloaded 42” Mini cabinet on Friday. What an amazing machine and a great overall package / presentation! I worked with CoinUp and had the machine up and running with all content the night that I received my machine. This was an upgrade for me from a Big Buck World. What a difference having it in HD on a 42” screen. New guns are a nice upgrade as well. The cabinet has very cool lighting with LED’s behind the T- molding and in the speaker panel. Cup holders on each side are a nice touch as well!
Haven’t played all the games yet but BBH is great with both guns and bows. Terminator Salvation is a workout! Don’t see how I could ever get through the entire game as my shoulder and arm were killing me after about 10-15 minutes.
Great transaction with KingPin games. Highly recommend Christopher! I ordered it on Monday and it was delivered on Friday!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting topper, this must be new. I guess the NIB ones don't come with the Terminator topper they send the existing customers who upgrade?

1 week later
#495 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

When I was telling my girlfriend about BBH she said oh, I don't want to shoot deer, they are too pretty.
I said well, the deer are fake you know. I said you can also shoot zombies. She said she would love to shoot some zombies.
So, which upgrade is the best for zombies?
I plan to join this club soon!
Right now leaning used so I do not have to be online and pay fees.

There is a zombie killing game but it’s the same every time and gets repetitive, my kids like it though. Also has Zombie deer which are hard because only head shots count. The games cost about $1k each to buy outright. I’d go with the $40/ mo which includes everything then you can decide what you want to pay to unlock

1 month later
#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

I found a great deal on a BBH HD. When I called play Mechanix number they said the 39.99 monthly to get all the content didn’t apply to HD models only New reloaded models. Any one know what’s up?

Not true, or at least it wasn't a couple months ago. I have a BBH HD that I got used a couple years ago and am currently doing the $39.99 a month deal with the Reloaded software. It needs a software update which they will send you on a USB stick.

Quoted from pinrock:

I'm now confused on what is the difference between the HD and reloaded.... maybe I'm a little thick (Caveat - I'm totally new to Big Buck Hunter, never even played one...but was looking for some added variety in my gameroom, to pins)

Reloaded is essentially the new software (9.xx). They have new cabs with reloaded decals but when you update the software the HD version is essentially the same. They will send you a trans light and if you want to pay $99 a topper also. I think the only difference might be the new Reloaded games have to be online for a certain period of time while the older ones don't need to ever be on line if you prefer.

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Interesting, do you know how much the full reloaded (including Terminator, In Case of Monsters: Lost Island, etc.) upgrade for an HD is? I am trying to weigh purchasing a used HD plus the full Reloaded upgrade versus a new Reloaded machine...

@KinPinGames lists the prices above if you want to outright buy these modules. That said I'd go the $40 a month route at first because you might find that some of the games have more value to you than others. I play the hunting games a lot but stuff like the monster island module doesn't get many plays at all. The online content is also new on the market for home owners and they are still actively developing it. I would guess they come out with new online features that you might not have access to if you take it off line.

#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Not sure I totally understand. What’s the least expensive way to get all the new content on an older HD machine. I was pretty sure if you paid $40 a month you got all that stuff....

You are correct for $40 a month you get all the stuff except the tournament content which is only available for games in a public location and not for games on free play. The other option is to pay for the other content outright and use the game offline. Option 1 is the cheapest in the short term, although I suppose over a very long period option 2 would be cheaper.

Option 1: Pay $40 a month and get all the content. On older games the software needs to be updated to v9.xx this is done via a USB stick that Raw Thrills will send you. There is no additional cost for the software update.

Option 2: Buy the games individually and use the games offline. Some of the modules are supported with earlier version of the software although I think even these have been updated in the new code, so the code update may still be needed. The up front cost for this its relatively high as detailed previously.

1 month later
#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Went to play my BBH yesterday and the "Pro" mode was locked? I thought maybe they were doing a update or something, just checked and "Pro" is still locked? Is anyone else experiencing this?

These are for games that are at locations and not on free play

1 month later
#754 3 years ago

I've had my BBH HD for a couple years but just discovered that new Showdown mode for online games (Thanks MT45 for posting about it). It's really fun to compete with other players online. This was one of my major complaints about taking the home game online is that you can't play the pro modes. I hope they continue to develop this aspect of this.

IMG_5812 (resized).jpegIMG_5812 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#761 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Excellent. If you don't see the tournament, it can take a bit to show up. Or, from the operator menu, you can clear you sync cache and re-sync.
I'm really bad at this game, so no need to worry about that. I've played it a couple times and it's on the easier side, so that might help a bit.

jalpert Thanks for setting this up. I tried following your instructions but it doesn't work for me. Adding it through the coin up account was not a problem. I have a home game that is set to free play. I added some service credits as you mentioned. Once I started the game there didn't appear to be any tournament or at least I couldn't find it. A few questions:

1) Will this work on home games that are set to free play? I don't have access to the "Pro" content on my game. Would love to have this but my understanding from talking to Raw Thrills is this is not permitted on home games. It always seemed a bit odd to me that most locations are closed yet the online features (Showdown being an exception) are only permitted for games in public locations. When I check under the online menu it says classic tournaments and custom tournaments are "enabled" and National tournaments are "disabled".

2) I can get into the operator menu and feel like I've gone though every single option but can't find "sync cache and re-sync" there is also no mention of this the manual. Under online there an "Online synchronization" option. I have tried this and it says it syncs several things including tournaments but this changes nothing.

3) Where should the tournament appear? I can check i the operator menu and it doesn't list any tournaments on my game. Would these tournaments appear anywhere else? Do I just play regular games and the score is entered into the tournament? Is there a way to see how you and others have done?

I'd be curious if anyone has gotten this to work and what they did?

#764 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It can take a while for the tournament to appear. To make it appear quickly go to the operator menu.
1.) online —> online debug —> purge cache query
2.) online —> and something like “online sync”
If you can’t find the “online sync” reboot the game and it’ll sync on boot.
When you press start you see three box’s. From left to right: Pro (which is greyed out / locked), big buck hunter and next to that reloaded on the right.
With an active tournament, the tournament will replace the Pro box on the left.
Yes , purge query cache is hidden very well

Thanks again for your help. I did all that and it still didn't work. Then I restarted the game and that seemed to do the trick.

IMG_5914 (resized).jpegIMG_5914 (resized).jpeg
#766 3 years ago

I just put up the score to beat. I hope some others will join in.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I pay the $40 monthly fee. I also tried setting up my own tournament and it shows both tournaments active on CoinUp but on the machine, I don’t see anything. I will call them tomorrow

On mine it seemed to take some time and restarting the machine for it to appear. If not hopefully Beth gets it fixed up. Would be fun to have some more competitors in this.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I just got my first game in and am in first place...probably the best I have played! So much more fun than just playing by yourself!
I got 27,905, slightly better than Ben's 27,689!
Thanks for pulling the tournament together...keeps it more interesting!
Ed

I had to put up a couple games to beat you but eventually did it. This is a lot more fun than playing offline.

IMG_5926 (resized).jpegIMG_5926 (resized).jpeg
#784 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well. Apparently I have the most free time on my hands based on number of plays.
To my credit, I haven’t had the game long and I’m still in the honeymoon phase.
I’ll get next weeks tournament up and running tomorrow.

Sweet, I'll look forward to doing it again.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just tuning into this thread after seeing it active.
Way more appealing to possibly buy one if there are online/pinside tournaments
Quesitons for owners:
What specific model do you have of the reloaded?
What was your cost to door/delivered?
Do you need to pay for online ($40 per month) service to do this stuff if in your home?
Any place to find slightly used games for sale?

I have the panorama. I bought it before the reloaded software came out then upgraded it which didn't cost anything. I bought it used (but essentially new condition) from a dealer and it was about $4500 delivered. You don't need to pay the $40 per month but I think it is worth it to have all the content and online features (Showdown and tournaments).

#805 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Is your tournament white tails only, or are all animal hunts available?

Several animals are in the tournament, you should join us

#826 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 3:
Is bi-weekly better than weekly? I have no issues with weekly, but could do bi-weekly if that works better for most.
If you are new and need a little help, which is a possibility, reach out and we will get it figured out.
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1001994
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

Thanks for organizing these, just signed up again. I don't mind weekly either, but could also seen an argument for biweekly. It would be great if you could post the standings for the tournament once it is completed as it seems to disappear from my game at that point.

#849 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Definitely join the tournament...its a lot of fun. Jalpert put up a huge score this week that is virtually unbeatable! Great job Jalpert!

I agree but I think you had the unbeatable score last week.

1 week later
#861 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

VERY close this week:
1.) eharan - 39,300
2.) jalpert - 39,179
3.) twenty84 - 30,877
I saw that MT45 got a GNR this week so I figured he wouldn't play, but I got my GNR a couple weeks ago and I still found time

Nice job, I didn't stand a chance against either of you.

#867 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have a chance to get a commercial HD unit at a great price. I have a few questions...
How easy is it to convert to a home unit?
How fixable are the guns (if something ever went wrong, considering it was on location)? Everything works now, but just in case...
I haven't played the newer games (just OG BBH), so I'm curious if the constant pumping makes the games like Terminator, Monsters, Aliens, etc less "fun" than a traditional light gun shooter like HotD or Time Crisis? Or do those utilize a different reloading mechanic?
Speaking of the more unique non-buck games, are they one path completions, or do they have optional routes to improve the replayability?

Easy to convert to home use. If you want the online features you need to set up a Coin up account and call Raw Thrills

Terminator is pretty much the same every time and the pumping gets old. Monsters and the Zombie mode are also the same every time but don't require as much pumping. There is not a not of replay value in these.

The main draw of the home game are the hunting modes, bonus modes, and online features like tournaments and show down.

1 week later
#956 3 years ago

The big update is supposed to be released today, anyone installed it and tried it yet?

#983 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Too bad we can’t just login with our phone number like on pro.

Mine has a metal keypad like an old pay phone on the front and I can login this way, but I usually just use the card reader.

2 weeks later
#1041 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Week 9:
1.) Jalpert - 36,353
2.) ? Player - 29,346
3.) eharan - 24,461
4.) Timfenske11 - 23,426
5.) ? Player - 21,858

I forgot to play in this one. Bring on the next tournament.

8 months later
#1238 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

It shows they are thinking about it, but if you look at the fees compared to the operator contract, it’s quite high.
Also have they announced any new content?[quoted image]

Yeah this sucks, especially since home users 1) Already bought the unit and 2) Are already paying $40 a month. With these terms, even if you have one at home you might as well go to a bar to play. I feel like at the very least we should only have to pay the amount that is in excess of the $40 a month we pay for home games that operators don't have to pay.

#1240 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Totally , and if you look at the operator contract they didn’t get charged for minimums during covid and they also have a cap on fees per month.

Exactly. Just as you wrote that I was editing my post to say at least we should get credit for the $40 we already pay each month and only pay for entries that go beyond that. They are really sticking it to their home buyers.

1 week later
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone know what it costs in an arcade to do pro mode for 3 sites, or the weekly target trek mode?

On my game it costs $2 each site or $5.25 if you purchase all 3 at the start.

4 weeks later
#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Some BS coming out of Raw Thrills...
They released the Pro mode, I was curious so I activated it. Quickly realized that their cash payouts are pennies on the dollar and it wasn't for me. The majority of the money they take in appears to be funding their annual world championships. Which is fine, just not for me, whatever.
During the month, I had my nephew over, he wanted to shoot some robots, cool.
Get my coinup bill and was billed $12 in reloaded content. Sent the mistake off to Raw Thrills, it wasn't a mistake. Seems like when you sign up for Pro mode you also give up the included reloaded content?
So, even though you pay $40/mo, if you activate the modes that pay them per play, you have to pay them per play to play the modes you had already payed them for.
Outrageous behavior.

This is outrageous. I had unlocked most of the animals prior to them offering this $40/month deal. I'm about ready to go back to having my game fully offline.

Added over 2 years ago:

Edit: Just to be clear after checking with RawThrills this was just an error in how their bills were generated and it will be corrected in the future. Reloaded content and all the content that was included before is still included with the $40/month charge. Only the Pro content costs extra.

#1290 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I had someone reach out that got a different answer than what I got. So I reached out to Raw Thrills again.
According to who I was talking to, the mistake came when she was referring to her billing system where everything looked correct, but the incorrect charges were due to the email having the numbers in incorrect boxes. I am not being charged for playing reloaded games, even though my invoice said so.
Not giving me the benefit of the doubt and going right to the "terms and conditions I agreed to" was a bit icky, but it's sorted now.
Pro mode is great if you are going to qualify for the world championships and participate in their yearly tourney, but for the other 99.7% of us it's useless.

I also reached out to RawThrills about this. On my bill for last month it also looked like I had been charged for Reloaded content. I was confused by this because on the game it still says this content is free and was never told it would cost extra. As it turned out (at least in my case) this was just an error in how it was labeled on my bill. I guess it should have been labeled as "tournament play" and "pro play". Basically I played $5.25 per Adventure as I thought but the "pro play" was erroneously labeled as "reloaded play" but the charges were correct. Overall I'll be keeping the Pro option on mine. I like playing in the pro tournaments even though it costs a little extra. Everything else is the same as it would be with the usual $40 per month.

#1292 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is how i understand it too.
Reloaded Online is $39.99 a month.
If you select "Pro Play" on your game at home, it is just like selecting "Pro Play" on location. You are qualifiying for the World Championship, and a portion of that money is being collected for the prize fund for said World Championship. Your bill just has the incorrect terms on it.
Thank you for reaching out to Raw Thrills to clarify this.

Yes, this is correct. Even though I'm spending a little more money on it now, I feel like there is more at stake when I play which adds to the fun. I also enjoy seeing how I stack up with other players.

There is really no down side to opting in to "Pro Play" on a home game if you think you might want to try it. There are no extra charges if you don't use it. If you're ever interested in hiding Pro Mode, such as when your kids have friends over, you can always toggle the "Home Operator PRO Play Funding" setting to "Off" under "Game Adjustments" in the diagnostics menu.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm still trying to get some more details and understanding here, but for the life of me I don't understand everyone's complaining about Raw Thrills offering the "Pro" mode at home. Maybe it's because this group doesn't fully understand what "Pro" mode is? Here's my perspective:
- Sounds like there's a monthly fee to have it online so that you can play whatever content you want as much as you want. Perfect. This play doesn't qualify towards the weekly tournaments with payouts coming from Raw Thrills and doesn't add to your pro playfier profile for the annual tournament.
- Now it sounds like they are offering the *option* to also be able to play the "Pro" mode from home. Yes, this costs more money, IT HAS TO. The "Pro" mode allows for thousands of dollars of weekly payouts from Raw Thrills to the top players as well as building a pool to the million dollars or whatever it is that they pay out at the annual global tournament. For all those that dont see the value, that's fine, shoot better. I know my case is not common, but I won over $2K last year between weekly tourneys and my global tourney finish (another local buddy of mine won over $10K this year). Additionally, for me, I have to pay $3/trek to compete and build my weekly/global scores - being able to play for $2/trek at home with a perfectly calibrated gun is HUGE and would literally save me 33% of what I spend monthly on Big Buck - that's enough to probably cover the $40 monthly fee and pay the machine back, lol.
Anyway, to reiterate, you gotta pay more for the pro mode because it pays more out to the players. if you dont care about winning money or building your global leaderboard scores then there's absolutley no reason for anyone to play the Pro mode.
Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding any of this...
King Pin - I'll be emailing you about pricing and timing on a mini.

I think you are understanding it properly. The issues are: 1) It seems like it is harder to get prize payouts than it was in the past. Perhaps not as many people are playing or they are putting more of the pot money towards the finals. 2) It was falsely believed that by signing up for pro you now had to pay extra for Reloaded which was previously included in the $40/month. There was an error in how the bill was generated so it appeared that we were being charged extra per play for Reloaded games. This will not be an issue going forward.

1 week later
#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I'm looking at getting a Mini Offline, they are like 10k...Is it worth it?
Do you get sick of the gameplay?

Even if you don't use the online content, you pay a lot extra to have it offline. My guess is it would take about 8 years to make up the difference in price. The online content is also a lot more fun since you can play in tournaments and it automatically updates the code.

1 week later
#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I am. I have had a lot of fun with them as well, but life has gone in a few different directions over the past year. Most of those directions away from pinball, all good stuff though.

i wouldn't mind taking it over to keep it going. Here is a link to a tournament I made for next week:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002087

#1347 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

That’s great. I am signed up. Let’s try and get more people participating!

I agree I posted it on the BBH Discord so hopefully we'll see some interest from there also.

1 week later
#1350 2 years ago

My first tournament ended. It seemed to bring in some big guns from the BBH discord. Here is how it turned out

1 Chris Exberger 52368
2 Philip Beaupre 41369
3 Federico Read 31944
4 Twenty84 24321
5 Jalpert . 23820
6 EHaran 20877

Here is the link for next weeks tournament:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002089

#1352 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yep, you brought in professional-caliber players to play against us novices!
A score of 52k on those trek is completely insane, the majority of the treks were bow which makes things so much more challenging.
Not sure I can compete with these guys!
Ed

Yeah I'm not sure how that 52k was even possible. He did play it a few times. I wish I knew what he did.

1 week later
#1353 2 years ago

Here are the results from the last one:

1 FEDERICO READ 37466
2 STEVE VAN SLYKE 29675
3 Twenty84 23531

This week's tournament I decided to keep open for 2 weeks (ends 1/31/22). I may keep it off the BBH discord this time it hopes of giving us Pinsiders a chance:

https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002090

BBH tournament copy (resized).jpgBBH tournament copy (resized).jpg
9 months later
#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Free play is something you have to have CoinUp push to your machine your remotely. You cannot set your BBH to free play the way you set your arcade/pinball machine to free play.
Once you set BBH to free play, you lose access to the PRO mode, which is the mode you play if you want to win money playing online. I didn’t want that on my machine because its possible that guests choose the PRO mode and you wind up w/ a nasty credit card bill at the end of the month that you weren’t expecting.

On mine I have it set to free play and also have the pro mode. It is possible to turn pro mode on/off in the options once you have it set up if you want to disable it when guests are over.

#1405 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Ben, how much is Pro mode?
What do you like about Pro mode?

That chart posted is for location games where they take a cut of the coin drop but the game can't be on free play.

For a home use game on free play it costs $39.99/month just to have all the extras and be able to play for free (that includes all the extra hunting sites, Terminator, Zombie game, Duck Dynasty, all the BBH sites, Showdown, etc.). If you don't want to pay the monthly fee you can play just the basic stuff at home for free or buy the additional sites for a fee (those are pretty expensive like $1k-$2k) to play offline indefinitely. That said I think on the games now sold new you need to do online for at least a year or something first. Even after you pay the monthly charge pro mode costs $2 in addition per 5 sites + bonus mode or $5.25 for 15 sites + 3 months modes each time you play those. Those allow you to win money if you do well enough and qualify for the in person tournaments.

2 months later
#1437 1 year ago

OK I went ahead and created a tournament, using the template jalpert used to do:

Do the following to join:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002122
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.

A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.
I thought it might be fun to give it a shot... If you need more information on tournaments or coinup etc, I can do my best to help.

2 weeks later
#1461 1 year ago

Here are the tournament results. I was out of town in Mexico the last week and I see almost everyone pulled ahead of me:

1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44502
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 35374
3 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 35011
4 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 32543
5 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 32293
6 Anessa Mills 29956

I also created a new tournament for the end of the month:

2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002123
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Awesome. Thanks again for setting it up!
Now we need people’s identities. I’m Josh Mills and my wife is Anessa Mills. The wife has to get some more reps in!
How bout the rest of ya?

I added the pinside usernames. One, I still don't know.

#1470 1 year ago

Thanks, just updated it.

1 week later
#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Terminator is my favorite game's in the arcade. The complaint you have on this game is the one reason I have not bought a BBH yet, It just doesn't seem fun playing it with a shotgun and pumping a hundred times

I agree the pumping every shot gets old, but the terminator game would get old at home quickly anyway because it is the same every single time. The hunting games and being able to compete with others online are really the main reason to have a BBH at home.

#1496 1 year ago

Here are the results for the tournament the last 2 weeks:

1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44643
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 39558
3 Beau Bajza 32923
4 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 32437
5 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 32402
6 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 31405
7 Anessa Mills 28677
8 Jack Korszniak 27554

I also created a new tournament for February:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002126
A few caveats:

4 weeks later
#1510 1 year ago

Here are the results for the February tournament:

1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 46735
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 39969
3 Beau Bajza 35088
4 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 33933
5 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 32554
6 John Robison 31940
7 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 30954
8 Justin Kelly 27641

I also created a new tournament for March:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002129
A few caveats:

Added 13 months ago:

#8 Justin Kelly (fat train) 27641

Added 13 months ago:

#6 John Robinson (blimpy) 31940

Added 13 months ago:

#6 John Robinson (blimpey) 31940

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I have one on the way! Lock up that 8th place person to me here on pinside

Sweet. I added your pinside ID to the bottom (it wouldn't let me edit the post anymore)

2 weeks later
#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

fect for the home gameroom and tracks online leaderboards without any need for paying for each play PLUS the additional games (Terminator: Salvation, Duck Dynasty, In Case Of Monsters, In Case Of Zombies, etc.) are already included in the $39.99 monthly online subscription.

All that stuff is included with the $40 monthly fee. Also anyone who is registered with their online system can use it to play in the online tournaments or showdown. The Pamorama is generally moved in pieces but I would agree if you can get a pin into your basement you can get that in also. It is a little wider than a pin once set up.

2 weeks later
#1603 11 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. If twenty84 hasn't started a new tourney by this weekend, then I’ll get one going.

Sorry about the late results and getting the next tournament started (I was in the Bahamas)

Here are the results for the March tournament:
1 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 45582
2 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 43891
3 Carl Rieman 35176
4 John Robison (blimpey) 34280
5 Beau Bajza 33698
6 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 33358
7 Patrick Lavin (GorillaBiscuits) 30031
8 Nick Lane (NickBuffaloPinball) 29245
9 Anessa Mills 29219
10 Bill Briggs 25430

I also created a new tournament for April:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002138
A few caveats:

#1606 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok I'm in! Really cool! nice seeing all the stats and who has best score for that site. So so cool, I emailed Raw Thrills just to see what they would say about having "sanctioned " tournaments from them for Non Commercial use people just like Golden Tee golf does for the home users. I'm not expecting to hear anything back but figured it was worth a shot.
Also what does creating a " Hunting Party" do?

I'm not sure what Golden Tee does, but on BBH there are already ways to set up tournaments as I have done. The system also allows you to have prizes, etc.

#1608 11 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

https://home.goldentee.com/pages/tournaments
IT runs them, its good for people who don't " know anyone" or belong to sites like this. Its really cool.

Raw Thrills does actually offer a lot of tournament options. They run tournaments that you can join and win cash prizes. That said it costs extra to play (probably needed to fund the prize pool) and isn't limited to home users. Big Buck Hunter also has a Showdown mode where you can play against real (or virtual) players in real time. To do that you have to start playing at the same time which I've organized with friends or can be done on the BBH Discord. You can also set up your own tournament (as I and others have done here) and there are a lot of options for those including having prizes.

#1612 11 months ago
Quoted from Selig:

So I took my BBH Mini Offline version online. Mainly I wanted to try out bow hunting and be able to join tournaments and see global scores. Does the online version not allow free play? I may have made a mistake taking it online considering my version doesn't have a card reader or scanner. Was told I could order them through Betson. Regretting paying the extra money for the offline version...

The online version is about $40 a month but after that most things can be played for free. The only exception is the qualifying tournaments where they still charge per play but you can win money.

1 week later
#1614 11 months ago
Quoted from Beau2105:

Has anyone replaced the fans in a reload mini? I would like to quiet this jet in my game room if possible!

Mine is a Panorama but I did replace the fan with a quieter version. It has been a few years so not sure exactly what I used and the mini may be different anyway. Figure out what the size, voltage, and CFM are with the current fan (usually right on it) and then look on a web for replacements that list the sound level in dB.

1 week later
#1626 11 months ago

Here are the results from the April Tournament

1 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 47045
2 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 44723
3 John Robison (blimey) 33693
4 Beau Bajza (Beau2105) 31905
5 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 31390
6 Tom Kildale 29050
7 Anessa Mills 28706
8 Bill Briggs (wdbthree ) 23891

I also created a new tournament for May:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002142
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one month so it will be on your machine for one month. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

2 weeks later
#1630 10 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hope someone here can help. So I have a 43" LCD in our Big Buck Hunter Reloaded that has died on me (I hooked up another small monitor too it and it came up with the game working just fine so I know its a monitor issue) Can someone tell me if I need 120 refresh rate or is 60 enough? Think 4K is needed? Any suggestions?

The output on the video card is only 60 Hz and 1080 p so anything beyond that is unnecessary. Any modern TV with a game mode is probably fine.

#1633 10 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

One question though, would me having a bigger screen (43") still look as good without that 4k on a larger screen?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but the resolution from the BBH will be 1080. I know some 4k screens do their own upscaling, I guess if this looks better or not is subjective.

2 weeks later
#1641 9 months ago

Here are the results from May, sorry to be a few days late in posting them

1 Greg Thorpe (evh347) 45313
2 Josh Mills (NightTrain) 38678
3 John Robison (blimey) 32889
4 Beau Bajza (Beau2105) 32445
5 Bill Briggs (wdbthree) 26712
6 Anessa Mills 25293
7 Ben Crane (Twenty84) 22758
8 Tom Kildale 22444
9 Brian Olson 21033

I also created a new tournament for June that well Keep open until July 4th:
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1002147
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one month so it will be on your machine for one month. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.

5 months later
#1693 3 months ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Surprised it's so quiet here today given the release of new content.

I contacted them yesterday as the previous email suggested they were going to start send out the upgrade kits a couple weeks ago. Apparently at least as of yesterday morning no kits had been sent out yet, so my guess is very few people will be able to play the new content.

Quoted from jalpert:

10.03 is too big for digital distribution.
Raw Thrills is mailing all owners usb sticks to update.
If you want it now, login and download from here:
https://www.coinup.com/software/view
There are three versions, each version corresponds to a PC type, use the one for your brand / model PC.
They are ISO files. In order to install, break out the recovery thumb drive that came with your machine and replace the iso files on the drive with the ones you downloaded.
Don’t format or otherwise modify the thumb drive. Just replace the .iso files. There is currently no digital image of the bootable portion of that drive.
I’d backup the thumb drive to a PC before modifying personally.
Rufus or Etcher might do the job.

Thanks for posting this as the instructions on their site aren't at all useful (they don't tell you now to tell which set you need and the instructions are to burn them on 7 DVDs). My BBH HD has a HP computer but the previous back up USB stick is marked "MBR" so I thought this must be what I have. I followed your instructions. Unfortunately it got me no where. I'm curious if anyone was able to install this and if so how they did it?

IMG_2546 (resized).jpegIMG_2546 (resized).jpeg
#1695 3 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

The only thing is that the new content doesn't yet seem to be turned on from the backend, and all of my Reloaded content is also turned off.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. Sounds like there is no reason to bother with this "update" as it doesn't even allow us to access the content we previously had and pay a monthly fee to access.

#1697 3 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

The model # of your computer for which version of the software you need is here:[quoted image]

Mine doesn't have any sticker like that. Any clue which code I'm supposed to download?

IMG_2548 (resized).jpegIMG_2548 (resized).jpegIMG_2551 (resized).jpegIMG_2551 (resized).jpegIMG_2556 (resized).jpegIMG_2556 (resized).jpeg
#1703 3 months ago

Finally got my software updated. MBR was the correct version for me. Not sure why it didn’t work the first time. Also I didn’t need the keyboard as with mine it prompted me to make the selections using switches already in the game

Quoted from sudbeckrn:

hello everyone, quick question.
are there any major differences besides maybe aesthetics of a BBH HD and the BBH Reloaded panorama?
saw a nice used HD for sale with the arcade/heavy duty TV on it, but wasn't sure if there are more upgrades with the newer Reloaded model.

Reloaded is just a software upgrade.

IMG_2566 (resized).jpegIMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
#1711 3 months ago
Quoted from Deez:

Do you have any idea when we'll be receiving these?

I was told "we're hoping the majority will be going out before the month is up"

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.