(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#880 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

BBH is $40/mo. So, if you update your Golden Tee every year, BBH is cheaper. Yes, Golden Tee would play offline, and there is value there, but $40/mo sounds like a lot, but it's not as much as it sounds.

1.32 a day rounding up! I just wish mine would get here so I could start paying the monthly fee and finish last in all these tournaments. The waiting is killing me but will be completely worth it.

#898 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the insight guys. I have a Big Buck Safari currently but this new unit looks pretty cool and is tempting. Sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to remove some stuff and get it o
Into the basement. How tall is it with all of the marquees on top? I think my basement is only 8 feet.
I think the real dilemma and challenge would be be getting the Safari out of my basement. It was so heavy and tall, it was a nightmare getting it down there. Almost killed us... literally

Hire someone to move them for you. The older I get the better this option looks every time.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you guys are becoming very well informed on all of this. when can I put you all on the payroll to sell machines?

Just out of curiosity.

How many machines are on location compared to a decade ago?

Are a higher percentage on location or in home?

#937 3 years ago

Weather delays........ Hopefully Monday!

20210129_114404 (resized).jpg20210129_114404 (resized).jpg
#945 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You can! Just play while you’re logged in.

I have to think that with the pandemic home use is their lifeline. If it's wasn't already a big part of their revenue. It was part of the reason I decided to buy one. Plus being able to pay the monthly fee and get everything it offers much more than any unit on location near me.

#946 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Monday is a hell of a (good) day to take possession!

If not Tuesday is!

I have nothing but good things to say about the sellers and community either. My experience with the couple I talked to were great and extremely helpful. Also coin up.

Freight shipping or any shipping for that matter these days is what it is and I understand that.

#976 3 years ago

Officially joined the club!

20210204_192831 (resized).jpg20210204_192831 (resized).jpg
#987 3 years ago

newer machines no longer have them because... well, there are no more payphones so the cost of this keypad has become too high most of the time. And, the camera / card reader is the way to go.

Where do you get the camera?

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine has a metal keypad like an old pay phone on the front and I can login this way, but I usually just use the card reader.

Same with me

#993 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

See quote. Just buy from a place you can return it to if it doesn’t work. Also, report back with success or failure if you can.
[quoted image]

Where did you get this decal (I'm assuming your machine is an HD originally)? What is the part number?

Thanks

#995 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That would be an incorrect assumption I purchased a brand new reloaded panorama cab. I loved the mini, but I needed a larger TV.
However, contact Betson. I'm going guess (very wildly) that it's about $300 for a new decal set. The reloaded decals are much nicer, and it would be much easier to decal BBH as apposed to a pinball.

Thanks. I will give them a call. I thought they did away with the keypad on the reloaded cabinet.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Is there a big difference in gameplay btwn. the panorama and the smaller version? (those that have played both)
I've only played one with a 65" screen, those low lag tv's are super expensive.

I thought so to and the reason I almost bought a mini. Actually they have gotten quite reasonable. Typically just make sure they are in gaming mode. I did alot research before I purchased one. Even looked at commercial monitors. Bought a 50 inch Vizio for 278 and it works great. Picture is adequate (especially when calibrated to the room) and the input lag is great.

#1007 3 years ago

I bought this Webcam at Walmart for 16 dollars. Registers and scans qr codes in the utilities but I can't get it to work in game? I try to scan a qr code when it's asking me to swipe my card. Is there a setting I need to turn on or something I am doing wrong?

20210212_140757 (resized).jpg20210212_140757 (resized).jpg
#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This could be a dumb question, but what screen are you trying to log in at? If you are logging into classic mode, there is just the subtle changing of the username in the upper left, very little indication that you logged in.
Does your webcam have a light? When you get to a screen you are expecting to login at, does the light on the webcam turn on?
Have you tried different screens? Maybe try logging in during attract mode, for classic etc.
None of that should make a difference, but if you can see through the camera in the test menu, and you see the QR code detections increment in test while showing QR codes, I think you should be good.
Also, are you are plugging in the camera before booting? Are you using a USB extension cable? Are you using the USB port in the front of the game, or plugging directly into the PC from the back?
Keep in mind, you cannot login to Showdown with a QR code, or with the keypad. The only way to login to Showdown is via card swipe.

Okay so here is what I found. After I did the test plugged into the front USB port I put the camera inside the game behind the coin mechs. At some point it froze and stopped working. I didn't know this when I got it back out and tried to log into classic mode.

I didn't realize that you had to use the card to log into showdown (replacement on the way, lost it since I didn't play for years)

Classic mode is right after you enter player name.

Pinside tournament was the easiest.

The web cam is VERY sensative and needs to be adjusted to work the best. It gets easier once you figure out what angle and bout how far away you need to scan.

After all is said and done. It's usable and worth the 16 dollars.

Thanks for the help

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Hi guys,
I just purchased a BBH reloaded mini. Due next wednesday. I'm most excited for the expanded content (monsters island, terminator, etc). Is there a way to do a one time purchase for this content rather than to continue to pay $40 per month? (IE purchase one of the games you really like for $500-$750) Also I did want the online version mostly for updates but is there somewhere I can check or download most up to date softfare?

I would suggest just doing the 40/month unless you have poor internet. It would take a long time to get to the cost of buying the additional content. Plus you get everything and all the animals/sites

Playing against others and online real-time is really fun. Something I never thought I would like

The additional content is fun but on freeplay it does get repetitive after awhile since you don't lose. So we won't play and then we will. It's geared towards coin op to make people keep adding credits.

The home support is fabulous so I have to think they will keep adding content and features.

Plus the pinside tournament is fun. Even though I'm last every time!

1 week later
#1054 3 years ago

Sometimes my game goes blank and unresponsive. Like it freezes up or something. I haven't seen it happen but I will come back the the screen is blank and won't do anything. If I turn it off wait like 30 seconds it will boot up and play normally. I checked the troubleshooting section in the manual but that didn't suggest anything. Any ideas?

It's a BBH Panaroma with the Reloaded software

Thanks

#1057 3 years ago

Does it do this during gameplay or attract mode? Is it always in the same spot (if so, then I would think bad hard drive).

I think it's always in attract mode. It has never happened during game play. When it goes through the initial file test it's fine.

What do I do to replace the hard drive? Is it possible to upgrade it to a ssd or is that not worth the time?

Also Christopher do you sell the terminator salvation topper that goes on the HD panorama

Thanks

Thanks

#1059 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not sure if this is what you are seeing but here is what mine does.
When it finds a software update it tries to reboot but can’t. Just a black screen.
I power cycle, it boots fine and upgrades fine.
Is this what’s happening to you?

I don't think so

Mine is on 9.33 I think. Which is the latest software.

If I clone the drive that is in it that would potentially fix any hard drive hardware issue?

In theory this can be done with any hard drive since the dingle handles the encryption?

Sorry for all the questions guys. First true "arcade" game

#1062 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s a PC running Ubuntu Linux so standard PC troubleshooting applies.
Black screen could be so many things...

That's what I figured. Just some proprietary items and encryption items. I will start with the hard drive then go to the video card if I still have problems. Is there a list of compatible video cards somewhere?

#1067 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So interested in opinions. Is the new BB Reloaded mini integrated cabinet a huge upgrade on the the Big Buck Wild mini? I'm debating whether to save up for a new Reloaded or go with a used Wild (which I know can be upgraded with the Reloaded software).

The mini changed much more than the panorama. Has integrated led t molding and a different design. With that being said the upgrade to reloaded is "free". It all depends on your budget. A new machine is exactly that. It hasn't been routed and has a warranty. All the boards, components, computer and monitor are new.

I would do the same thing I did. Buy a used panorama. Install a new TV, deep clean the inside of the machine, add the terminator topper and enjoy the new content and the tournament jalpert hosts. I need more people to compete with me for last!

#1091 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:Are you up for limiting number of plays? I sometimes want to do more but feel it's "cheating" after awhile. Regardless of how I do. Was thinking 3 try limit.

I like that idea even one chance and also zombie deer once and awhile.

4 weeks later
#1119 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've seen some used cabs go for ~$2.5-3k, which seems like a super solid deal. Is that common these days? I'm thinking I'd like one of these next to my Golden Tee, but I can't justify $5.5-6k on one.

From what I have seen its about 3500 and up. Anything below that is a deal in my opinion! It's the most popular machine when I have people over. Everyone was playing mine the other day while me and a buddy were playing golden tee. The pins are typically played the least unless I have a pinhead over.

1 month later
#1148 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Jalpert....you seem to be the only one putting up monster scores!
Are you going to set up another tourney for this week? Maybe we should have them run for 2 weeks to try and get more participation. It looked like it was just you and me last week!
Thanks
Ed

Just a recommendation

Include zombie deer and limit the number of plays. Sometimes just one. It helps level the playfield. If you have a bad game that's your only shot for that week.

9 months later
#1354 2 years ago

Listed my BBH Reloaded Panorama

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“BBH panorama with reloaded software for sale (online version) Located in Colorado Will not ship Terminator topper, New power supply, solid state hard drive.”
2022-02-21
Loveland, CO
4,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 153 times
Contributed to Pinside

Will not ship

Thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider timfenske11.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=timfenske11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.