(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 4 years ago

I just started getting into Big Buck Hunter big time to the point where I'm looking at buying a game. If the new version does not offer a "home" version then I really can't see buying one. If I have to pay to play at home, then what's the point of investing in the machine? I may as well just go to my local location and use theirs. I guess it might be nice for the random few people in the world that don't have access at all to a machine, but I imagine those numbers are quite low.

Makes me wonder what the final pricing is really going to come in at as well. If the individual modules are really close to $1K a pop, then there's also really no reason to buy an older used game and upgrade - the cost of the used game plus the new content will likely be as much as the brand new game fully loaded. Guess it's all speculation at this point in time...

Looking forward to seeing how everything shakes down.

1 month later
#386 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
4 different models available (end of March / early April 2020)
Mini 42” online $6199
Mini 42” offline (ships with all content) $9,999
Panorama online $5499
Panorama offline (ships with all content) $9699
Upgrade Kits available (pricing coming soon)
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Wild Pack 2 - BuckZilla and Zombie Deer
Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies “Doe of the Dead”
In Case of Monsters “Lost Island”
Terminator Salvation Delta Mission
Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!
let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

Sorry in advance if my questions are boneheaded, but I still don't quite understand 100%. Maybe you can help me out? I'm looking at buying a game for home:

Mini online for $6199 + I can add in the home plan for $29.99/month to get all content. Do I still pay additional for treks/adventures on top of that monthly subscription? If no, then am I correct in assuming that if I'm not paying to play, then my scores aren't counting towards the world rankings? If yes, how exactly does that work - - i.e if I stuff a $20 bill in the game to play, it's my game, i just open the coin door and take it back - - is there another cut that ends up having to get paid back to Raw Thrills or whoever it is?

Also, I assume the Panorama version is what the traditional/normal cabinet is called?

#390 4 years ago

You will not be eligible to play towards current "world rankings" on a home machine, even if it is online. This is similar to Incredible Technologies and Golden Tee. You can still play all the games, you just can't participate in the current tournaments.
The panorama version is the one where you add your own monitor (whatever size you want), whereas the 42" mini is the one that includes the monitor.
42" Mini Reloaded on the left. Includes everything you see
Panorama on the right. Includes everything EXCEPT the monitor.
Let me know if that helps.[quoted image]

Awesome, that helps alot, thank you for answering. One last question from before - - is it safe to assume the monthly subscription of $29.99/month allows for unlimited monthly freeplay of all content?

5 months later
#508 3 years ago

Anyone know if you can switch back and forth on the HD models between online and offline playing and how hard or easy that is to do?

Also curious, if I have my own home game and have it set for online and pay for play, how do the finances work if you're putting all the money into your own game but playing "pro" or in weekly tournaments? I assume Raw Thrills takes some % of what is put in (and i'm sure it's logged in the system). I.e. if I have one of these at home and want to pay to play in weekly tournaments, etc. do I get to play a lot cheaper since it's my game and have access to the cash box?

11 months later
#1194 2 years ago

Any pinheads going to the world tournament this year?

1 week later
#1200 2 years ago

i will most likely be there

Awesome, hope you make it. Will be nice to catch back up. Are you going to be competing, just for fun, or working?

4 months later
#1293 2 years ago

I'm still trying to get some more details and understanding here, but for the life of me I don't understand everyone's complaining about Raw Thrills offering the "Pro" mode at home. Maybe it's because this group doesn't fully understand what "Pro" mode is? Here's my perspective:

- Sounds like there's a monthly fee to have it online so that you can play whatever content you want as much as you want. Perfect. This play doesn't qualify towards the weekly tournaments with payouts coming from Raw Thrills and doesn't add to your pro playfier profile for the annual tournament.

- Now it sounds like they are offering the *option* to also be able to play the "Pro" mode from home. Yes, this costs more money, IT HAS TO. The "Pro" mode allows for thousands of dollars of weekly payouts from Raw Thrills to the top players as well as building a pool to the million dollars or whatever it is that they pay out at the annual global tournament. For all those that dont see the value, that's fine, shoot better. I know my case is not common, but I won over $2K last year between weekly tourneys and my global tourney finish (another local buddy of mine won over $10K this year). Additionally, for me, I have to pay $3/trek to compete and build my weekly/global scores - being able to play for $2/trek at home with a perfectly calibrated gun is HUGE and would literally save me 33% of what I spend monthly on Big Buck - that's enough to probably cover the $40 monthly fee and pay the machine back, lol.

Anyway, to reiterate, you gotta pay more for the pro mode because it pays more out to the players. if you dont care about winning money or building your global leaderboard scores then there's absolutley no reason for anyone to play the Pro mode.

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding any of this...

King Pin - I'll be emailing you about pricing and timing on a mini.

#1298 2 years ago

Just brought home my mini reloaded cabinet courtesy of Chris aka King Pin. Super smooth and fast transaction. Highly recommend him and his team as a distributor.

Anything I need to watch out for or be aware of before I boot it up and start figuring out how to get everything up and running, etc.?

#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I know for a fact that of the $600 prize pool for the target trek, there are two people that go over $600 in plays combined. People spend hundreds, they use it to qualify, and they have fun doing it, not knocking them. In my opinion, there not even close to the amount of money being payed out. They are making a profit, which obviously they should, and they are funding the world championship, which most people won’t go to.
For me, it’s a no go. Just one guys opinion.

Yeah, there is no denying that Raw Thrills is making a *killing* on this game.

Easy to see how pinball had a period of dull drums when you can have a game with almost no maintenance taking in 100X the money in a quarter of the time.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Thanks! I don’t think I would have figured that out on my own haha. Does anyone not go freeplay and just pay the fees per game? Seems like there would be a lot of times my monthly per game would be less than the $40. I’m guessing you would just hit the add credit button a ton.

When I was reviewing the fine print in the signup for the "Coin up" account it looks like there's also an operator option, but that still has a $30 or so monthly service fee. I assume Raw Thrills would still take a portion of whatever additional money was put into the game...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider t-800.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=t-800 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.