(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#515 3 years ago

Got our demo set up! This thing is awesome! Been playing it like crazy. If anyone is in the market in my area give me a shout, these are in stock!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

410DA0F7-5C94-4A89-96B4-DC709AAA4B19 (resized).jpeg410DA0F7-5C94-4A89-96B4-DC709AAA4B19 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#524 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Thanks! I was afraid it may be. Which means instead of the easy way with a pallet jack I will have to go the hard way with a hand truck to lean it to clear.

It fits through a standard doorway out of the box, topper is not installed from the factory. The game has four wheels so it will roll right through.

Greg M
pinballpro.com

4DE048C5-237B-436F-BDA8-603354BC258C (resized).jpeg4DE048C5-237B-436F-BDA8-603354BC258C (resized).jpeg
#530 3 years ago

You was
right. I was hoping you were pulling my leg.
The 2 roll up doors I have to use to get to the man cave are plenty wide, but only 72inches high, so I had to use hand trucks and tilt it a tad to clear over head.
In the man cave with the marquee installed I have about a inch to spare, so that is good.
A quick glance in the manual I did not see anything about setting it on free play, and I was in a hurry to just try it out, and damn this game ate 40.00 very fast. (not like a pin either where you can open the door and hit the credit button).
It was fuuuuuun though.
I had never seen one or played one.
PW79 had been talking about it on here, I asked some of my friends, and they lit up even more than when I mentioned Golden Tee, so here I am, and all good.
And all I have is a flip phone with no internet, but once some of my friends with smart phones are over I will try to get a pic on here.
And thanks again to King Pin Games, Classic Game Rooms, and PW79.

Free play changes will be made by “coin up” once registered and connected

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#531 3 years ago

Mine is 36, but it fits a 32. I can measure our demo to be absolutely certain.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#537 3 years ago

I purchased the offline model.
If the only way to get free play is to have it online, I will just keep running money through it.

The offline should have a setting, you can always call tech support, maybe they can help.

I just measured my game, it is 31 deep x 76 high x 41.5 wide. It will barely fit through a 32 door, you may have to disconnect the guns, to keep the wires from getting damaged.

That’s correct the specs show 31” the gun removal is just three bolts and a USB for those wondering

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#541 3 years ago

The way I see it is you break even in 7-8 years, and you have to pay for 12 months anyway if you go with a online model.
The 12 months do not have to be in a row. (see a past post King Pin Games made).
To me it just seemed like renting something, and I would rather own than rent.
If you look up what the software costs for upgrades, I think it is a great deal to just go ahead and go all in at once.

I purchased local from Classic Game Rooms, and King Pin Games in WI has them also, and both companies are awesome to deal with.

I would agree if you think the premium content will be active every month for 8 years straight. What I love about it is that you can have it on all winter, and off all summer. Then you are talking 16 years before if breaks even. I tend to lean more toward saving the money, or if you find yourself not playing it as much you can take it offline. I mean I play Buck Hunter all the time, but Terminator or Zombies, you can only beat so many times, I can play that indefinitely. Buck Hunter at home I can play for hours.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 week later
#565 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Newb question ... considering ordering a new HD reloaded unit and buying the on-line version
How does the connected part work - is it a security handshake that is happening to unlock content that is stored locally on the machine?
I ask because we are out in the sticks and our "on-line" is a cell based siim card - 60mbs max

The mini has the ability to connect to cellular (built in) I believe to have cellular connection is is only $10/mo

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 month later
#647 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

greetings all... re-joining the club and just ordered a new Reloaded Panorama Cab. Was told approximately 6 weeks for build/delivery. Is that consistent with anyone else's experience?

I suppose just depends on the dealer, I have the minis and panorama in stock for immediate shipment. Of course there are times I am out as well.

Greg

2 weeks later
#683 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Can a reloaded unit support a 70” tv? Is that too big?
Is 40” too small?
I have an extra 40” and thinking of using that until Black Friday...

It’s not so much about size as much as weight. Usually 70 is too much seems the 60-65 is max. You can buy the upgraded stand and go as large as you like.

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#739 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Really want to buy big buck reloaded mini but everything is so complicated for this particular machine.
When I bought terminator salvation new in box for my basement years ago. You pay the bill and the game gets ship and then you play as much as you want that's it.
When you buy a jurrassic park, batman batmobile, walking dead, super bikes or fast and furious....same thing
Now the logic thing is if you want no engagement or anything just buy the mini or pano with every single games. Even if it's a game you might not play much like for example : in case of monsters lost island. That way the cie do not leave money on the table since you bought it.
My understanding after reading pages and pages is either you go online or offline you need to pay a 12 months subscription even if you already bought all the contents.
Who will purchase all the games if they still need a 12 months subcription ?
People will try the game and get fed up with terminator, zombies, monsters and after a year (if you choose to have 12 consecutive months) people won't play them and if they choose to disconnect raw thrills loses both way. No subscription, no content purchase.
In these times of covid where all bars are closes in my city for months how is this a good way of business ?
Let the people pay the bill and enjoy the same game they would get on location...to me it's simple logic.

Sorry it seems complicated. It’s actually not too bad. If you want to buy it and play it all you want just buy the offline. This will be like everything you mentioned. Just turn it on and play whatever you want. Alternatively you can buy the online and purchase only the games you want most. Since you already have Terminator Salvation you could save $1000 not buying that particular game.

The simplest way to describe, the online version is like the old days, you get your buck hunter games, but have the option to go online and add all the extra games for $40/mo instead of purchasing them outright, which is really a great way to get extra games....however you certainly do not have to add them or pay the monthly. Just play Buck Hunter

2 weeks later
#749 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What did you have to do, to get up and running online?

To get up and running you will simply connect online and log in with your coin up account. So you will need to go to www.coinup.com and get an account. It’s pretty simple really. Now if you do not have reloaded then we would need to get you upgraded. This does not cost if you have an HD and commit to one year of “online”

Greg
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#796 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just tuning into this thread after seeing it active.
Way more appealing to possibly buy one if there are online/pinside tournaments
Quesitons for owners:
What specific model do you have of the reloaded?
What was your cost to door/delivered?
Do you need to pay for online ($40 per month) service to do this stuff if in your home?
Any place to find slightly used games for sale?

1. I personally own a reloaded mini, but it is only cabinet shape and foot print. The perk of a panorama is the ability to get a larger monitor.
2. There are a range of prices for different models but you will find we have competitive pricing. Also I have bother mini and panorama in stock ready to go. https://pinballpro.net/product-tag/big-buck-hunter/
3. To do online tournaments you will need to be connected, thus pay the monthly fee. The fee also gets you LOTS of premium content as well.
4. We have a recent trade in on a Panorama HD in very nice condition! Save about $1000 compared to new. These can be easily upgraded to Reloaded at no extra charge from Raw Thrills, but would then require online subscription

Greg
Pinballpro.com

2 weeks later
#856 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Gotta say... Every time I talk to someone at Raw Thrills it is such an excellent experience. These people care about the home market, which everyone here will soon realize.

Agreed they are also very supportive of their distribution!

Greg
pinballpro.com

#868 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have a chance to get a commercial HD unit at a great price. I have a few questions...
How easy is it to convert to a home unit?
How fixable are the guns (if something ever went wrong, considering it was on location)? Everything works now, but just in case...
I haven't played the newer games (just OG BBH), so I'm curious if the constant pumping makes the games like Terminator, Monsters, Aliens, etc less "fun" than a traditional light gun shooter like HotD or Time Crisis? Or do those utilize a different reloading mechanic?
Speaking of the more unique non-buck games, are they one path completions, or do they have optional routes to improve the replayability?

They are not technically home units, they are the same. HD does not require subscriptions. If you want to get it updated to reloaded they will give it to you for free if you sign up for one year of online.

The premium content games come with a subscription or you can purchase them outright if you want offline. There is a fair amount of pumping on these games, but in the case of Terminator you can score automatic weapons which eliminates pumping. Certainly a lot of fun, I haven't noticed the feeling of "too much" pumping.

Most of the premium shooter games are "on a rail" so to speak. So they are the same game every time you play.

Greg
Pinballpro.com

#883 3 years ago

I love this thread, and realize there are many Buck Hunter owners beyond Pinside. That being said, much like the Golden Tee Facebook group, I started a Big Buck Facebook group. I could not find one. With the ability to tournaments etc it make sense to have an additional group. I wanted to share this for anyone interested in joining

https://www.facebook.com/groups/415099353044623/?ref=share

1 month later
#1050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

What’s streeet price on BBh reloaded mini? Recommended distributors near pittsburgh?

I have them in stock and happy to help! We are an authorized dealer.
https://pinballpro.net/shop/big-buck-hunter-hd-offline-mini-arcade-game/

Greg
Pinballpro.com

1 week later
#1093 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m interested in getting a new Big Buck Hunter reloaded for my brewery location. As an operator, How much does it cost to have it on route? Are the fees per play/per month?

Great question, you can buy online and pay per play for route, so if it’s not played you don’t pay. I believe it is 15 cent for BBH and 30 cents for premium content. Pro you split. If you get offline you don’t have to pay fees. Hope that helps! I have machines in stock when you are ready.

Greg M
Pinballpro.com

#1096 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

So how does raw thrills take their percentage? If a customer puts $1.00 in, does that mean they send you a bill for what you owe them each month? How does that work? Sorry for my questions, I’ve never had anything on route like this. Is there somewhere online to find the details, I’ve been unable to find it in writing. I appreciate the help.

Yes you would use your coin up account, keep in mind it has credit card on it, so at the end of the day, it’s usually a wash or they owe you.

3 months later
#1179 2 years ago

This is really great! The tournament thing seems to be working well!

We have actual stock of BBH for instant ship, which has been a challenge as of late, so if anyone is in the market please let me know. These are much better in a home than in a warehouse!

Greg
Pinballpro.com

4 months later
#1250 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Does anyone have a used Big Buck Hunter for sale?

I have a Buck HD mini upgraded to Reloaded with the terminator topper I will be listing, not sure about the best way to freight one though

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.