(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#470 3 years ago

I am considering a BBH, as long as a good deal on a used one, with all upgrades, and can be played offline.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Kingpin, in this thread or the GT one, said he has some used ones I think.

Give him a shout.

I sent a pm about 7 hours ago.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Fyi, I answered johnny this morning when I saw the message.

He did a AWESOME job answering all my questions!

At this point, I am leaning new and not used. I will have to think about it more.

I double-checked on this, and you need to maintain a 12-month subscription (doesn't have to be 12 consecutive months, but must be 12 total months) before going offline. This is what I am being told.

The exact details of this would be great. It would help me to pull the trigger. $480.00 total after game cost is reasonable.

But when you go offline and not paying anymore after that, are all the games loaded on the unit?

Or will you not be able to play some games offline?

(I don't care about custom settings or what my rank is, I just want to be able to play all games available at the time I purchased the unit).

We love the 2020 Golden Tee I picked up nib. I never plan to put it online. About every 4 years I may buy a upgrade chip to have the newest games added.

I am interested in BBH, I just have to study all the info for a while.

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yes it’s the online version. They said since it’s residential I can cancel the monthly subscription at any time. I think you are usually locked in for 12 months. I figure I can try the different content and then buy the modules I really like to avoid the monthly fee. You would still have access to all the BBH non-premium content once subscription is cancelled

That is very helpful info!

Quoted from eharan:

You probably cant see it in the pictures but the big topper marquee didn't really fit with my ceiling height. I have a drop ceiling and it fits but pushes the tiles up a bit. I was surprised at how tall it is with the topper installed!

What is the total height? I may have issues there also.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

So what games are still playable if you take a break from the subscription?

I have that same question.

#485 3 years ago

Which of these upgrades is the best bank for the buck? And which is the worst? Thanks!

Wild Pack 1 (3 animals)
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla and zombie deer)
Duck Dynasty
Zombie - Doe of the Dead
Monster Island
Terminator Salvation Delta

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I am online now but I think Wild Pack 1 is probably the best for extended content. I had Wild pack 1 and Zombie-Doe of the Dead before going online. The new content is cool but I really think the Wild Pack 1 was enough. I do like the new interface with reloaded though. Need to play it more. I guess I need more time cause I have a lot of toys.

When I was telling my girlfriend about BBH she said oh, I don't want to shoot deer, they are too pretty.

I said well, the deer are fake you know. I said you can also shoot zombies. She said she would love to shoot some zombies.

So, which upgrade is the best for zombies?

I plan to join this club soon!

Right now leaning used so I do not have to be online and pay fees.

1 week later
#498 3 years ago

I am seeing some used BBH Pros for sale, for half price of a used HD.

Does anyone know if these can be easily upgraded if I ever want to add more BBH games?

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

the pro can only be updated as far as a “world”

Thank You very much for that info.

1 week later
#513 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I bailed on Big Buck for now...

Picked up an Oktoberfest instead!

My Oktoberfest is not going anywhere.

I still plan on Big Buck next. At the moment either used from WI, or new local, still thinking on that part of it.

2 weeks later
#520 3 years ago

I have a question. When a nib Reloaded mini comes to your house, how tall is the box?

It does not really matter, mine is supposed to arrive Wednesday, so I am dealing with it anyway.

I have 92 inch ceiling height where the game is going, so I am good there.

But, I have a 72 inch roll up interior door leading into the man cave, and a tad worried about that.

I am just glad no stairs or narrow doors.

And I want to give King Pin Games a big THANK YOU! We pm'ed back and forth when I was thinking about getting one of the used games they have coming in. They were totally awesome at answering all my questions.

Last year I did buy something from King Pin, and everything went smooth.

At the last minute my local distro, Jason at Classic Game Rooms started selling these, and at the last minute I went with him, and went new.

If anyone is looking for one of these, or any other game for that matter, I highly recommend both King Pin Games, and Classic Game Rooms.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Pretty sure that is taller than that. I was wandering around JJ’s warehouse and saw a huge box taller than me and I’m 75 inches tall.

Thanks! I was afraid it may be. Which means instead of the easy way with a pallet jack I will have to go the hard way with a hand truck to lean it to clear.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what makes the mini a mini? Still looks big to me.

A mini is around 31 inches deep, and the other is around 51 inches deep. I have space for the 31.

A mini comes with a 42 inch screen I think. The other you supply the screen so you can go bigger.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Pretty sure that is taller than that. I was wandering around JJ’s warehouse and saw a huge box taller than me and I’m 75 inches tall.

You was
right. I was hoping you were pulling my leg.

The 2 roll up doors I have to use to get to the man cave are plenty wide, but only 72inches high, so I had to use hand trucks and tilt it a tad to clear over head.

In the man cave with the marquee installed I have about a inch to spare, so that is good.

A quick glance in the manual I did not see anything about setting it on free play, and I was in a hurry to just try it out, and damn this game ate 40.00 very fast. (not like a pin either where you can open the door and hit the credit button).

It was fuuuuuun though.

I had never seen one or played one.

PW79 had been talking about it on here, I asked some of my friends, and they lit up even more than when I mentioned Golden Tee, so here I am, and all good.

And all I have is a flip phone with no internet, but once some of my friends with smart phones are over I will try to get a pic on here.

And thanks again to King Pin Games, Classic Game Rooms, and PW79.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Free play changes will be made by “coin up” once registered and connected

I purchased the offline model.

If the only way to get free play is to have it online, I will just keep running money through it.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Mine is 36, but it fits a 32. I can measure our demo to be absolutely certain.

I just measured my game, it is 31 deep x 76 high x 41.5 wide. It will barely fit through a 32 door, you may have to disconnect the guns, to keep the wires from getting damaged.

#534 3 years ago

I noticed in the classifieds here on Pinside there are 2 used BBH games for sale.

To find fast click on classified ads, uncheck games, mods, and parts, and wanted, leaving only "other" and "for sale" checked, and you can find them easy.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I just measured my game, it is 31 deep x 76 high x 41.5 wide. It will barely fit through a 32 door, you may have to disconnect the guns, to keep the wires from getting damaged.

Just to clarify, I measured a mini.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Terminator Salvation is a workout! Don’t see how I could ever get through the entire game as my shoulder and arm were killing me after about 10-15 minutes.

We just played the entire game.

I think it is somewhat easier on the shoulder and arm, because you can acquire weapons that you do not have to pump every shot.

If anyone here works for Raw Thrills. I salute you, awesome job!

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

So if you buy the online version, you can play Big Buck Hunter without paying the $ 39.99/month,

The way I see it is you break even in 7-8 years, and you have to pay for 12 months anyway if you go with a online model.

The 12 months do not have to be in a row. (see a past post King Pin Games made).

To me it just seemed like renting something, and I would rather own than rent.

If you look up what the software costs for upgrades, I think it is a great deal to just go ahead and go all in at once.

Quoted from pinrock:

Anyone know who has the best deal on these, shipped to Missouri?

I purchased local from Classic Game Rooms, and King Pin Games in WI has them also, and both companies are awesome to deal with.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I play Buck Hunter all the time, but Terminator or Zombies, you can only beat so many times

We are all different. Because of problems with my eyes the Terminator and Zombie stuff works better for me.

I do love the animal hunts also, just harder because of my eyes.

I actually think the animal hunts may be helping a tad with my eyes, I hope so.

Terminator is just so awesome because they give you other weapons at times that you can just shoot without all the pumping to reload.

And down the road if Raw Thrills makes more games similar to Terminator, with automatic weapons, I will gladly pay the 1300.00 or whatever for the chip to add to my game.

We are loving this game!

And just like support from LTG and a few pinball companies here on Pinside with pinball machines, even though I do not see them posting here, they are reading, and will PM you if you have a issue.

My experience anyway. Raw Thrills is awesome!

While ago we were playing Terminator and my gun stopped working, said on screen it was not connected. I never dropped the gun, or moved the cable enough for anything to happen, and it would suddenly work again, and stop again.

At 9pm I emailed Betson, and they emailed me right back. (my owners manual says contact Betson).

I am not even worried about any of that. I have no complaints at all. I am sure everything will be totally fine, I have seen first hand how awesome Raw Thrills is.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Option 1 is the cheapest in the short term, although I suppose over a very long period option 2 would be cheaper.

That is a great way to explain it.

The older I get and more news stories I see about hackers, the more I try to keep everything offline as much as possible.

In the long run I am sure option 2 will be more expensive for me, because if they keep making awesome games I will keep buying the updates.

#553 3 years ago

To anyone on the fence, this game is super fun, and looks super awesome!

IMG_1178 (resized).PNGIMG_1178 (resized).PNG
1 week later
#560 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Is this the “mini”?

Yes, it is the mini. I did not have space for the other one.

The 42 inch (or whatever it is) screen is plenty big.

I did have trouble with a gun, but Raw Thrills, Betson, and Classic Game Rooms were super awesome!

The replacement gun arrived in 4 days, with a prepaid label to send the other gun back.

I highly recommend for some very fun variety in the game room!

#568 3 years ago

There is a lot included

And some stuff was not included and kind of weird.

With the flyers advertising Bow Hunting I thought that would be included with my game, it was not.

I have no complaints at all, this game is very fun.

When I had a issue customer support was very good and prompt.

I do plan to get prices on everything else that is available for this game.

And in the future when they release new games I plan to buy those to add to this game.

This game is awesome!

#573 3 years ago

the flyer shows the games that available for ONLINE play.

Is there a Offline flyer available?

#574 3 years ago

Just curious.

What is your best score in the animal hunts so far?

I am making 21k pretty regular now.

I wonder what a absolute perfect score would be?

My guess is around 40k.

This game is FUN!

(I also contacted my distro to see if I can add a bow to this game and how much).

This game and Golden Tee are both fun enough that I plan to keep purchasing upgrades.

(and with the virus stuff and companies hurting to sell to locations, I am sure the manufacturers hope a lot more HOU people like me help their bottom line).

In all fairness, I will say that the callouts in BBH are getting repetitive fast, but that does not bother me, still more callouts than most pins.

While ago a GT callout said he is on the green and putting from Egypt, and that was the first time I have ever heard that, and this game has been played a LOT.

GT has the most callouts I have ever heard.

BBH callouts are so redneck they will keep you laughing.

Both games are AWESOME!

Call your distro now!

(can some distros give me a referral fee)?

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Can someone share (in order of best to worst), you favorite game packs on BBH Wild HD/Reloaded

Best:
1. animal packs
2. Terminator
3. Duck dynasty
4. Zombies
5. Monster Island (this is the only one I doubt we will ever use much)

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Terminator is a grind, you’ll play it a few times , duck dynasty duck hunting is one of the best

I 100% agree Duck Dynasty is one of the best.

I 100% agree Terminator is a grind.

BUT, value wise, Terminator lasts a lot longer, a whole lot longer.

At worst Terminator is like what you are doing in any bonus round anyway, and at best you do get weapons that you can relax and shoot without having to pump the gun for a while. (and even more when you can grab a mini-gun along the way).

For variety, this game ROCKS!

#584 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It better have bow hunting!

Have you received it yet and did the bow come with it?

I asked my distro about adding a bow to mine. The game came with preset high scores for a bow, but no bow.

And we just played it for 3 hours. It is awesome!

#586 3 years ago

I was just told that they are not making the bow anymore.

#589 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I see earlier in the thread that the cabinet is 41.5" but how wide is the widest part?

It is closer to 42. The screen is just over 41.

The 42 part is the next part above the screen.

Quoted from PW79:

Are you saying that mode is gone?

After my distro said no bow available I contacted Betson, and he said that he talked with Raw Thrills and they are not making bows for Reloaded.

My Reloaded has preset high scores for a bow that I would like to beat.

I wish someone from Raw Thrills would chime in here and let us know what the deal is?

Were the bows just having a lot of issues? Or just what is up?

#590 3 years ago

And we just played the game for 3 hours and my girlfriend is still playing it. (I am tired now or I would still be playing it also).

I have zero complaints, but I would love to know the details of the bow stuff.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Just put mine on location! Hoping it will do well!

Judging by my girlfriend, if you put this game in a location with a lot of females you will do awesome!

She is using ice packs on her hands and does not want to stop playing.

This is a awesome game!

#598 3 years ago

I found out that there is no bow, you use the gun as a bow, and bow modes are only available online.

And that does not even matter to me, this offline BBH is awesome just the way it is.

Quoted from PW79:

Next toy is either a GNR or BBH so no matter what life is good I guess.

I vote BBH!

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Man. It appears BBH is so confusing even the owners cant figure it out. Lol, perfect.

I have offline figured out now!

I have also swapped a gun out, it is easy enough.

And Raw Thrills has awesome technical support!

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

even my wife wouldn't stop playing!

Same with my girlfriend. She has never fired a real gun, and she is loving this game!

I really do not think this game can ever get old, because the better you get, the more critters you can hunt while also waiting for the animals to appear on screen.

And I just discovered that you can make a whole lot of points on some of the other animals also.

On a African hunt I have shot at a elephant for the heck of it, but no points yet, but a rhino while goofing off just paid 500 points.

And while a few of the call outs are getting a tad repetitive, we are still hearing new ones as we get deeper into this game.

(it never gets old looking at the tour guides in this game!)

Raw Thrills did a awesome job all around with this game!

#607 3 years ago

Also, with everything on a timer, everyone that has played this game loves it because we all get equal time!

My girlfriend rarely wants to play a pin anymore because 4/5 times my turn lasts longer than hers.

My girlfriend never cusses, until she hits a doe/cow, and then she gets funny!

I know I have said it before here, but if you are a operator, and you can get this game in a location with a lot of females, I think you will do very well!

(and I was just looking at other games Raw Thrills make, they make some cool stuff, that 1386 pound TWD looks awesome!) I hope they can make another the size of BBH mini!

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am wondering if the box could have been laid down for transportation?

I would call Raw Thrills technical support and ask them before I laid it down.

As far as the fan noise, I only notice it while the game is booting up. I have never noticed any fan noise while playing, but I do have a dehumidifier and air purifier running all the time anyway.

1 week later
#625 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Luckily it’s only 14 days old so their sending me a new computer.

I am sorry you had issues. I hope soon you are 100% running and get to enjoy this awesome game!

We played our BBH for over 2 hours while ago.

This is a awesome game!

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any differences?

I may need to do this as well

We hear our game loud and clear with the fan noise when it is first turned on, but while we are playing it we have never once noticed any fan noise.

I did have to space wise turn the game away from the wall at a 45 degree angle, so not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I have 0 complaints with this game, and I hope soon they will make more content available for even more variety. (not that we will ever be bored anytime soon anyway).

I am glad I clicked on this thread, this is a awesome game that gets played 2 hours a night here. I never would have even knew anything about it, until I started reading info here.

#638 3 years ago

We have been playing this for 2 hours or longer a night for weeks now.

While ago I did not want to do anything, but have some beer and watch the game. I was just tired and stressed.

I told my girlfriend that I would turn it on for her, and she went on to play the same amount of hunts that we normally do together, by herself.

Does this happen to any of you? Your wife/girlfriend wants to play the game even more than you do?

I play for around 2 hours, then I am tired, eyes are tired, and I am ready to quit.

Sometimes my girlfriend keeps playing this game for another 2 hours, and comes in here with a bag of ice on her hand.

She loves this game more than any game I have ever picked up.

BBH Reloaded is the only game my girlfriend has ever played so much that she can just not stop until her hand is hurting so bad from pulling the trigger that she has to ice it down.

I really think that if operators could target bars that have a lot of females, or some place where there are a lot of females having a night out, you could get rich with this game on location.

I am thinking a little about buying another one of these and putting it on location. My girlfriend even thinks I should.

We do disagree about one thing though, I say cash only on location, and she says it would do a lot better accepting credit cards.

I just wonder if anyone successfully disputes the credit card charges and ends up playing for free on location?

She said yeah, but most likely they would be on video while playing to prove it. Whatever. I think cash is king.

Raw Thrills did a AWESOME job with this game!

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

We keep handing the gun back and forth.

Offline version here, and works the same way in hunts, but not other content.

Quoted from MT45:

The only time I can get it to work that way is by choosing "head to head"

Same here. I like playing that way except I found it does not keep your scores saved.

BUT, as much as my girlfriend loves this game, I have all the high scores, she has never beat me once(she tries, she is just too slow), so soon I am thinking about doing more head to head, and hit a few cows or does and let her win.

(it would never work though, and just tick her off, she gripes when she wins anything and says I just let her win, even when she does win anything fair and square).

In bonus rounds I have made several double perfects. She has never came close to even finishing a bonus round.

Speaking of bonus rounds, my favorites are the moonshine jugs, the zip line frogs, sky divers, and the pigeons.

I like most of the bonus rounds, but those 4 are my favorites.

My girlfriend likes the salmon round the best.

Our least favorite bonus rounds are shooting rocks, hoops, and poop. (just being honest, we all like some stuff more than others, and they are challenging and awesome, just our least favorite).

Quoted from MT45:

Home set up of BBH Reloaded HD - online version

Have you tried the bow yet? I found out that while my offline game has preset high scores for that I would have to be online to try the bow.

I went with offline because I just did not want any more monthly bills, and where I am my online connection is spotty.

But I have found out that online is the way to go for more content, like the bow.

When Raw Thrills releases more content for this game I am ready to buy more!

This game is FUN!

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

more cash per minute than buck hunter. The games just take too long.

Here if I put 1.00 in a pin I may can play it 45 minutes or longer.

Big Buck is always timed, and seems like around 3.00 every 15 minutes so I know at least it has to make more than most pins.

(I know how much Big Buck takes in, because I was putting money in my game before I found the free play setting).

All I know is this game is just AWESOME!

And if not for Pinside and the talk about it here I would have never known about it, because no where close to us has any games at all, and with all going on in the world today we were not going anywhere anyway.

All I know is this game is awesome in the man cave!

2 weeks later
#674 3 years ago

This is the only game we have played in a long while.

I like to watch new episodes of Oak Island, and my girlfriend hates that show, and she played this pretty much the whole time my show was on while ago.

She has never shot a real gun, and is very interested now to try one.

This game is amazing!

I really look forward to adding to this game when they release more software for sale.

(offline, because my service in this area sucks, hell, just last night was the first time I could get back on here almost 2 weeks after this storm knocked down trees over the lines on the power poles).

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

animal packs

I agree 1000%

I hope they stay focused on more animals, and more new bonus rounds in between.

My favorite bonus round is shooting the jugs, so I play Moose a lot for that and the other bonus rounds.

I like ALL the animal hunts, but I play the ones the most that have bonus rounds I like best.

It is fun to get a Double Perfect in a bonus round, or a Marksmanship Award in a site hunting.

I just played 3 hunts with my girlfriend, and she is over there on a 4th, I can only play so long before I get tired, she will keep playing until she has to put ice on her wrist.

Raw Thrills does have AWESOME support also!

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

off in the morning on a 3 day backpacking deer hunting trip

I love killing deer on this game, and I cuss very loud when a doe steps in the way and my round is over, but I could not kill a real deer, we hand feed them around here.

BUT, if things ever went to hell and I could not get food from the store, damn right I would be killing real deer and eating them.

I love to fish, but in the past I have ate so many fish I am still in no hurry to eat anymore fish that I catch.

My Dad hunted a lot, and I did not care for that, have to get up way too early and too damn cold, and have to sit in a deer stand for hours. His trophy that I still have was a 8 point, not very big I know, but he was proud of it.

And I gripe about bicycle helmets and participation trophy's that makes the younger generation soft, and yeah, in my 50's a tad soft I guess with fun hunting in a comfortable home and not having to get up early.

Anyway this game is awesome, and I hope they have more animal hunts for sale soon.

#720 3 years ago

This is how I got here:

A friend was goofing off with a multicade I have last year, and he played Golden Tee. I watched him, and said I have never heard of or tried that game.

Next thing all we played was the 18 courses of Golden Tee on the multicade.

Next game I purchased was a 2020 Golden Tee.

Then I stumbled on this thread and read about Big Buck Hunter.

I had never heard of, or played Big Buck Hunter.

I asked my Golden Tee friend about Big Buck Hunter, and he acted way more excited about it, than he did Golden Tee.

So next game purchased was a Reloaded mini offline.

The reasons I went with offline:

I really do not want any new monthly bills.

My internet is spotty here, trees fall on the lines every time I turn around and it takes forever for the cable company to repair them. (11 days most recently, and just temporary, lines are not back on the poles yet).

Cell phone service is spotty also here, even with Verizon, which does work the best here.

Anyway, not knowing anything about this game, my only disappointment from the Raw Thrills fliers was that I thought the game came with guns and bows.

BUT this game is so awesome, once I learned everything that works with offline, I have 0 complaints.

I had originally planned to upgrade Golden Tee about every 3 years, now I plan to leave it the way it is, and upgrade Big Buck Hunter with all new animal hunts they release, and maybe some of the other games they may release.

Before Big Buck Hunter my girlfriend and I played about 20 rounds of golf a week, and some pinball.

After Big Buck Hunter, we play around 1.5 hours of Big Buck a night together, and then she plays another hour of it by herself. Maybe 2-3 rounds of golf a week, and sadly no pinball. (not getting rid of anything though).

After playing Big Buck Hunter here for a while I started a topic about how awesome this, and Golden Tee is, and what will be the next big hit. So far nothing I know of, and it will be very hard to ever come up with a game as awesome as Big Buck Hunter.

Label me a fan boy of this game all day long, because I am/we are.

2 weeks later
#741 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Can you cancel the $40/month fee at any time or is there a yearly commitment?

I was told you have to agree to 12 months, but they do not have to be all in a row for a online machine.

#743 3 years ago

We play our offline mini 1-2 hours every night. I doubt we will ever tire of the animal hunts. Some of the bonus rounds are a lot more fun than others.

2 weeks later
#746 3 years ago

I still can't believe how much my girlfriend loves this game.

I cut my trigger finger yesterday (working on a sink) so I have not played the last 2 nights, but she is going into her 3rd hour on the game tonight right now.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I enjoy that mode a bunch

Thanks for posting that!

I am offline, and never knew this game would do all that if online.

I only have 2 complaints about this offline game:

1. Zombie Deer has the same bonus rounds as in other animals, no new bonus rounds for that.
2. My girlfriend is so addicted to this game she drives me nuts wanting me to play it with her and sometimes I am just too damn tired and sore.

On another note, as far as bonus rounds I like shooting the jugs in the moonshine factory the best of all the bonus rounds.

I like all 3 bonus rounds of Bighorn Sheep.

Hell, I like all 3 bonus rounds of Moose also. (that is where the moonshine jug bonus round is)

I enjoy "most" bonus rounds about as much as the hunts, always awesome to get a Double Perfect!

My girlfriend has never completed a bonus round, much less got a double perfect, but she does kick my ass sometimes and wins a round with the hunts, because sometimes I think a female is a critter(I have eye problems, and this game has helped with my eyes a whole lot).

This game is just super awesome!

1 week later
#768 3 years ago

We just played this game the last 3 hours, and she is still playing it.

#780 3 years ago

I have problems with my eyes, and I was afraid I may not do well with this game.

So far so good, worst I do sometimes is mistake a female in a distance as a critter up close.

And that sucks when I have a awesome hunt going on.

The only thing I really do not like is Zombie deer does not have new bonus rounds.

I hope soon they have more animal hunts for sale, with new bonus rounds for each hunt.

We are offline, and my lady plays this 3-4 hours a night, while 2-3 hours is all the concentration I can handle.

This is a AWESOME game!

#804 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

online features like our tournament

Is your tournament white tails only, or are all animal hunts available?

#806 3 years ago

I will help spread the word, but I had went with offline. (My signal/cable is iffy here).

#809 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I random everything except zombie deer.

I have only played zombie deer twice. I would play it more if the bonus rounds were unique.

I play Moose the most, because I like the bonus rounds with it. (my favorite bonus round in the whole game is shooting the moonshine jugs).

2nd favorite is big horn sheep.

#836 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to sell my

I hope everything will turn out awesome for you and you will not have to sell anything.

In the meantime if I hear of anyone looking I will try to help.

2 weeks later
#900 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just wondering how much content you get offline?

You get everything except Bow, and the 5th site of each hunt, I am pretty sure.

I have the offline.

#903 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Did you pay for any extra packages/treks? Would be curious what animals you have exactly. Do you have a different bonus round for each Trek or animal ?

No, when you purchase the offline model you do not have to spend another dime, until down the road when they release more hunts, etc. that you may want to add to the game.

There is a different bonus round at the end of each trek. They are all different except Zombie Deer uses some of the same ones.

Off the top of my head (I may forget some), I have zombie deer, buckzilla, bighorn sheep, wildebeest, whitetail deer, moose, kudu, elk, irish elk, and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

#904 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

gemsbok

#906 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

you definitely have BBH HD

BBH Reloaded offline is what I have.

I listed the animals included.

#910 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is the Reloaded Monster mode part of offline or an upgrade/subscription item?

All of these games along with the animals I listed come with it:

Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies
In Case of Monsters
Terminator Salvation

#913 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

How is monster island?

It has the same people in it as In Case Of Zombies, but instead of shooting Zombies it is insects and animals.

Monster Island is my least favorite, but I play them all for variety.

Honestly, we play the Reloaded content about 5% of the time, mostly because all the shooting wears us out in a hurry, and animal hunts 95% of the time.

Honestly I am glad that I have all the offline content, because variety is sweet.

#914 3 years ago

In my opinion, if you have great cable/wifi, or whatever is needed to go with online, I think that is the way to go, and pay the 40.00 a month but get the game for a lot less in the first place.

My coverage is spotty, and being at the end of a dead end street I am last to get all services back after a storm, so that is why I went with offline and spent the extra money up front for a BBH Reloaded mini offline.

Recently my power was out for 3 days, and cable was out 12 days, and landline (yeah still have that), was out for 60 days.

And, when it is all fine and good, signal/connection/whatever, still spotty here.

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's a GREAT time to be a BBH home user.

I hope they will offer the software for sale for my offline mini for the 5th sites.

1 week later
#980 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Do you all end up holding one eye closed while aiming?

I close one eye for the far away shots.

1 week later
#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

Is there a way to do a one time purchase for this content rather than to continue to pay $40 per month?

If you order a offline game it comes with everything without having to pay 40 a month.

I would recommend playing everything, and then decide what games you want to purchase once you go offline.

Any dealer that sells the games should be able to get you the software also.

1 month later
#1111 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It’s not an easy game at all.

So far my best score of all is 28,000 on Kudo. I was perfect 36/36 on the Kudo, but I missed all the trophies. (and yeah, that was the score, a even 28,000).

My 2nd best is Moose, I think it is like 27,117?

I am offline, so I don't have the extra sites to get more points like you guys.

Sometimes when I look at your scores on here I think no way. But then I remember you guys have 3 extra sites per game, so that should average another 4500-6000 points per game, or more.

So far my best score on Zombie deer is 8967 I think. I would like to play it more to try to beat the 10,000 presets, but my girlfriend hates it too much, and she already wears me out wanting to play this game all the time.

After 2-3 games in a row, I am done for the night. I can just not concentrate like that on and on.

Sometimes my girlfriend plays it for 3-4 hours, no way I could play anywhere near that long.

Also, I hope sometime soon they will have more animal packs for sale. And I hope they all have new bonus rounds also.

We love this game!

#1113 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From what I understand, new content is debuted at the world championships which is in October.

I am not aware of anything new from last October, but maybe it was the virus stuff?

(I just checked, and I purchased the game last September).

We are 100% happy with the game.

At first one gun was messing up, but Raw Thrills and Betson, and Classic Game Rooms were spot on with help.

Best I can tell, the ground wire for that gun was loose, and caused the gun to mess up.

Raw Thrills sent a replacement gun, and a prepaid label to send the messed up gun back.

It was not too hard to change out the gun, took maybe 15 minutes.

Anyway, just curious, what is your best score on Kudo, without playing the extra sites in the pro?

8 months later
#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Also, do you have to pump the shotgun when playing terminator? Or is it auto fire? That looks like it would get old quickly

Most of the game you have to pump, but during parts of it you have automatic weapons. (it will wear your arms out).

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Even if you don't use the online content, you pay a lot extra to have it offline. My guess is it would take about 8 years to make up the difference in price.

I went with the 42 mini offline for near 10k and while I love it my girlfriend plays it all the time.

It may take 8 years to break even, but I did not want any more monthly bills, and my connection here is spotty anyway.

The game has plenty to do, I just wish Duck Dynasty held our scores, it does not. Everything else does hold our scores.

We were not interested in any tournaments anyway, and I think all we are missing out on is the one extra site for each animal, and the bow, no bow offline, but I think most people really do not care for the bow anyway.

If you go the online route to save money on the game price, you still have to pay for a year of online, but does not have to be all at the same time(best I can remember).

In the future if they add any more animals I plan to buy the software to get those.

I really doubt I would buy any more of the other content though, we do not use it much because too tiring.

If you were to be passing through my area for vacation or anything, you are welcome to stop by and try the game out.

Last I heard Jason at Classic Game Rooms still has them in stock, about a 40 minute drive east of here, and you could pick one up to save shipping costs if you were to like the game enough after you try it.

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

One thing you get with online are included updates.

I guess someone would have to stop by here, try out my game, and tell me what updates I am missing, except for the extra site for each animal, and the tournament stuff we care less about.

Have they added some different animals now? Those are the only updates I care for, and I plan to buy the software when available. If like in the past it will be like 785.00 for 3 more animals.

In the meantime I am on a dead end street, and if a tree falls over the lines in a storm, sometimes Comcast does not make repairs for 2 months no matter how much I complain, so I try to stay offline with anything anyway.

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I just unboxed my new BBH reloaded and it doesn’t come with a bill validator.

That is weird, my mini offline came with one already installed.

2 months later
#1355 2 years ago

I was going to post here a while back, but I totally got busy and forgot to.

If anyone else bought the offline version and missing out on the 5th site in each hunt, well if you play versus, then you get to play the 5th sites also.

It does not save your score when playing that way, but we don't care about that anyway.

We do love this game!

1 week later
#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

I keep putting dollars into it and it’s driving me nuts

Been there, done that.

Quoted from adborto:

Is there a settings menu?

Yes, open the door on the front, and start playing with the test switch. It was a pain, but I finally found it long ago.

#1362 2 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Thank you!!! I’m up and running now.

Welcome!

At first I had a table with $40 of quarters on it right in front of the coin door to keep feeding it in a hurry. Got old real fast.

3 months later
#1366 1 year ago

I am surprised that there have been no posts here in 44 days.

I have a Reloaded offline, and I really hope soon they will have some more animal packs for sale to add to the game.

I just hope if/when they do, they also have new bonus rounds also.

3 months later
#1379 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

any help would be appreciated, both guns work in single gun play and i am able to calibrate each, but when i go to 2 player the 2nd gun doesn't work.....?

That is the way mine has always been in certain modes. Try Terminator with 2 people, both guns should work there.

#1382 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

I ran a test in menu and have this error, does that help?
[quoted image]

Give Raw Thrills a call. They were very awesome in the past when I had issues.

2 months later
#1444 1 year ago

We have mini's new in the box and ready to ship. $7495 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

For online right? How much are the offline mini's selling for?

10 months later
#1679 5 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

If anyone with an HD or Reloaded is looking to sell, please let me know. Thanks!

It is a great game. After I got one long ago, we played it for about 2 hours every night. And for a long time after that, while I may would only play it for an hour, my girlfriend would keep playing for another hour. She finally beat most of my high scores.

We don't play it much anymore, since I cut the cord and have been streaming tv, mostly just been watching movies and not playing any games.

We did play Big Buck a few weeks ago, and I'm glad we still have it, it is awesome.

Mine has always been offline, and most likely I will buy the animal update that also has the bow update for the first time for offline units.

But really, no plans to buy the zombie update. I will probably buy that later also.

Anyway, pretty much the only way I would ever sell this game is if a good friend of mine very close by wanted it, and I knew I could play it there whenever I wanted. It is a very good game.

The 2020 Golden Tee hasn't been turned on in a long time, and I would like to get back into that game also. Plenty of good callouts in that game, still hear new stuff all the time.

I will say Big Buck does get repetitive with the callouts, hopefully the update software added more. They are good but could just use more variety.

3 months later
#1734 51 days ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

Hi Buck Hunters! Debating on purchasing a big buck hunter reloaded mini for my house but wanted to get your feedback on the replay-ability on these machines are. I have younger kids that I know will like it since they can’t get into pinballs.
Thanks!

I really don't think this would be good for younger kids. The guns are very sensitive, and one sword fight between the kids when you are not looking, and the guns may be toast.

#1736 51 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

You could always get the 1up version. Maybe they would enjoy that. (I know it’s not the same quality as the commercial version)
[quoted image]

I agree with you.

#1738 51 days ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

Thanks guys. I had many arcade 1ups and I have sworn not to get more since the quality is not there and still pricey for what you get. I might just hold off and get another pin.
Only arcade 1up I kept is the Star Wars since my little one loves that one. It is addictive and different than the rest.

If you really want something for your little ones, maybe a baseball game like Slugfest?

There are new baseball games being made now by Valley Dynamo, called All Star and Zombie League. They are fun, and should be easy enough for little ones.

#1742 51 days ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

But if they are delicate as they say then I would hold off on purchasing.

Honestly not sure if the gun is delicate, or I just had a bad one in my NIB game.

We treat the guns very delicate, and no issues since. (Never admitted it until now, but at first, we were playing this game sitting on bar stools and drinking, and I was using the gun to hit the select button, and the gun stopped working).

It would be interesting if someone that has these games on route could chime in on this. I would think on route guns would need constant work from being abused, but who knows.

#1745 51 days ago
Quoted from Deez:

I have one of these on route and don't have issues with the guns and they get a lot of abuse. The board will come unplugged inside the gun if it's dropped occasionally but it gets a lot of play and has been rock solid. I wouldn't worry about the guns being sensitive in a home environment.

That's good to know. Maybe the gun I had was just defective to begin with, and I didn't mess it up touching the start/select button with it.

Not trying that again though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnnypinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=johnnypinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.