(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 5 years ago

Picked up a pro, w the world upgrade a few weeks ago. Finally got it in the basement today. We ended up taking out the screen, which helped the weight emmensely. Game runs well but the sound cuts out here and there. Something to do with the sound drivers I’m guessing. Going to do an ssd and ram upgrade shortly.

It’s a Great game. I always loved playing these things in bars.

51D2EC6A-D711-4211-BAAA-99260B6EBC0A (resized).jpeg51D2EC6A-D711-4211-BAAA-99260B6EBC0A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#110 5 years ago

Upgraded the stupid noisy stock cabinet fan with an ultra quiet. Just ran power from the computer mobo.

64EA0413-FCB1-435E-B706-CF0DD5E6EE5A (resized).jpeg64EA0413-FCB1-435E-B706-CF0DD5E6EE5A (resized).jpegE8FC7E78-AB13-4014-B986-E4E1D6A01456 (resized).jpegE8FC7E78-AB13-4014-B986-E4E1D6A01456 (resized).jpeg

#112 5 years ago

No, sorry to clarify: We took out the monitor to move it, the monitor works, we put it back in. I don't have any spares , sorry.

3 months later
#136 5 years ago

My orange gun was super flaky, ended up replacing the opto assembly and it’s working great now.

Part # from Betson:
IMP__47-4458-BV6

They pwned me on shipping to Canada though

#139 5 years ago

sounds like your buck hunter watchdog/ I/O board is detecting low voltage. Could be your power supply is going south. If you have a standard power supply in your pc, you could try replacing with something similar .

Is it a world or an upgraded pro? If it’s past 2010 I’d assume it has a standard PC power supply

#144 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'm about to kill my buck hunter, been trying to get it to work for 3 weeks now.
I've tried like a zillion things to no avail.
has anyone installed the recovery cd on a big buck hd,
1. how long does it usually take for it to get to the setup screen. after you reboot from the install
2. does the computer usually reset during that process?
my game reset's over and over again, I replaced almost everything except the I/O board, dongle and main power supply.
either it just hangs on the loading screen for hours on end, or it reset's over and over.
I'm starting to notice the only time it resets is when it starts communicating with the I/O ( when the green light starts blinking). (pretty sure something is wrong with my USB bus on the motherboard).
or the I/O is shorted, which in turn screwed up the motherboard.

Pro. Safari, or world ? The loading screen hangs Happened to me when I was loading from a shitty image clone so I’m guessing your recovery may have not gone well. If you run the game without the dongles what happens?

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Awesome. It's a upgraded safari.

Sorry didn't see this. If it has a slim dell in there then a standard power supply wouldn't work you would need the proper dell sizing.

#156 5 years ago

Utesichiban If you eBay hunt parts or a computer you can get it pretty cheap. Less than 500 for sure.

Keep in mind that just like pinball, it’s not the entire machine that’s broken. It’s probably one or two small things. So maybe the computer power supply is dead. Or maybe the drive is caput.

Similar with the guns.

I’m sure there are ways to test the monitor before you buy .

3 weeks later
#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have been looking for a Big Buvk Safari the past several months. I have a lead on one and it looks in pretty good shape. The guy did say it had something called “disconnected error” pop up a few weeks ago after he moved it to a new location.
He says everything is working okay now but he didn’t know why it happened and has gone away. Anyone know what this type of error might mean on a BBH Safari? I just want to get s better idea before making him an offer. My concern is that while it is fine now, there may be an underlying issue with the game’s computer hard drive or motherboard. Anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned or is this nothing to worry about?

Never seen the error and the manual doesn’t mention anything specific. If the price is right and the condition looks good I wouldn’t worry too much.

Just curious, does anyones machines have a play counter in yours? I’ll snap a photo tonight. I think my cabinet has seen 40k plays!

#174 5 years ago

To my previous question, just curious how many plays you have on Your cabinet. Mine is an upgraded pro cabinet to world. It definitely shows it’s age. Let’s see how low we can get the numbers !

A04FCD1A-2AA3-4469-9716-1856085715D1 (resized).jpegA04FCD1A-2AA3-4469-9716-1856085715D1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#186 5 years ago

In the safari manual there is a bunch of bios config settings, some that have to do with power. I’d make sure they are set properly.

1 week later
#188 5 years ago

Amazon has some old stock. In some cases you might be able to find an entire working 740 for a similar price.

In Canada staples.ca , there’s a 740 listed for $160 Canuck bucks.

You could have had multiple issues going on with the game.

Sucks about your game! Keep us posted. We here to help.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I went a little crazy and bought a populated motherboard on ebay last night. Motherboard with CPU and RAM was only $25 shipped, so if it doesn't pan out, no big deal. It was listed on the arcadecontrols.com forum as something that should be a drop in replacement. It's easily twice as good as the stock computer. I'll report back if it works.

Nice, the world that I bought came with an aftermarket comp with an amd phenom 2 I believe, quite speedy for BH probably overkill but runs solid.

#209 5 years ago

Looks like it’s in great shape. Congrats on getting it fixed!

1 week later
#213 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Don’t see these come up to often in California
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Nice, in Alberta we are like the Texas of Canada so a lot of older cabs come up, the newer HD’s, not so much.

#214 5 years ago

I was checking the high scores in the service menu, Caribou shows up but I dont have the option to select that when playing open season. I have BH World 1.06. Just realized i don't have the latest version. Could that be it?

Also anyone know the differences between 1.17 and previous?

1 month later
#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

What is the best “bang for your buck” (pun intended) BBH game?

Not really sure what this means but I’d say what I have, a pro cabinet with the “world” software update and dongles. Or just a bbh world cabinet

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

When I power it up the computer does not come on but will come on when I press the button on the front of the computer. The fan on the power supply does work. Anything else I should look at?

You could visually inspect the capacitors on the motherboard for bursting or bulging however I agree that a power supply replacement is the quick and cheap way to upgrade and test your game at once

4 months later
#295 4 years ago

Hey crew, i've been thinking about picking up a buck hunter HD panoramic. They are quoting about $5300 usd. That's without a tv. It seems pretty high but I really want one. Owners that have one, is it worth it? We are pretty much maxing out the skill on my current BH world.

2 months later
#323 4 years ago

Welp, just pulled the trigger on an HD panorama (offline) Should be here next week. Looking forward to seeing if there are online options in the future as mentioned above. The offline software package was too much to justify. Super excited either way!

1 week later
#326 4 years ago

Bit of a teaser. The boys are coming over this eve to help setup

C670E440-7288-43F1-84B3-94C0FDA157B1 (resized).jpegC670E440-7288-43F1-84B3-94C0FDA157B1 (resized).jpeg
#327 4 years ago

All setup! Definitely recommend the 55 inch tv on the panorama
F28D2739-0C7C-4C8E-A6C6-25892879B1F8 (resized).jpegF28D2739-0C7C-4C8E-A6C6-25892879B1F8 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#339 4 years ago

I spoke to someone directly at Raw Thrills and they said the new buck hunter HD pricing model will be rolled out closer to March. They can’t share all of the details right now but the model is moving towards a “pay to play” model as opposed of a monthly fee. There isn’t details on how that translates to the home market but based on that it is probably easier to get your game online and have access to the current content.

They also mentioned that this new model will help drive future development of more content so it sounds like the HD platform will be around for a while.

If you guys have any other questions I can pass them on.

#346 4 years ago

How is that bad though? You sign up with a raw thrills account and you are billed let’s say 10cents for every game that’s started for premium content. At the end of the month they send you a bill. Way better than paying up front lump sum or a monthly fee

#364 4 years ago

With my pro , I had 3. Pro, safari and world

4 weeks later
#374 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded
4 different models available (end of March / early April 2020)
Mini 42” online $6199
Mini 42” offline (ships with all content) $9,999
Panorama online $5499
Panorama offline (ships with all content) $9699
Upgrade Kits available (pricing coming soon)
Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Wild Pack 2 - BuckZilla and Zombie Deer
Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies “Doe of the Dead”
In Case of Monsters “Lost Island”
Terminator Salvation Delta Mission
Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!
let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.
Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

Nice post, based on the pano with content prices, the month subscription seems to be the way to go.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:just bought a world, STOKED! fuck paying subscriptions

Congrats! I had a World for about a year. It was great. However, When you start hitting 44, 45 bucks in a trek consistently, it’s time to move on to new content.

1 week later
#387 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone signed up for the home use online? I want to but still waiting for more info on exactly how this works and what requirements I need to make it work properly (internet speed, and additional hardware, etc)

Not yet, the sales lady said they want to release it to their operators first before focusing on the home market. It's frustrating in Canada because my distro says to contact raw thrills and RT says to contact my distro...

1 week later
#397 4 years ago

Anyone in the US sign up for the Non-commercial plan yet?

#399 4 years ago

You should just fill out the paperwork online. It has been updated on their coin up site. (March 2020) makes references to the non commercial upgrade.

https://www.coinup.com/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1e3jV0lhqH2btrrMyTW-MXBFF1auvfwf8QZyThSSrk/edit

4 weeks later
#421 4 years ago

All the documentation says 12 months

40 dollars is a huge jump from before. Converted, that will sting

1 month later
#430 3 years ago

I just heard from Raw Thrills that the home cost for Canadians is 69.99 CAD. Which is pretty crazy. That being said I will probably sign up for a year anyways. Ugh.

2 weeks later
#441 3 years ago

Any updates for the reloaded crew? Apparently I’m the first Canadian home user so their paperwork had to be changed so I’m stuck for now.

4 weeks later
#458 3 years ago

So my dongle is in the mail now, excited. Question for those who have home reloaded, does it save player stats? Like can you reload your profile every time you start? I know they advertised it but I am not sure if that is linked to your player card or being online.

#469 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics, that's super cool. I would have sprung for the 42 mini reloaded but I didn't want to wait for it.

#490 3 years ago

Pano, you can use any tv. If someone uses an old tv with high input lag, that would cause issues. If you get a pano with a low input lag tv you are fine. I got a sweet one for $600 cad.

The base buck hunter machine is a stupid price with no content. Just play the crap out of it and expect to take a loss. Or just go to a bar an drop as much money as it will take to get your use out of it.

1 week later
#504 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What is good price for a BBH pro updated to world?

Fwiw I sold mine for 2600 Canadian. Last year. Alberta is pretty popular for buck hunt.

2 weeks later
#518 3 years ago

For those with the home online reloaded software, does it track player stats? Like all time stats?

1 month later
#578 3 years ago

In case anyone was wondering, with online you get access to national high scores, it saves player stats if you register as well. There’s lots of great score tracking.

Very fun if you have regular guests.

#593 3 years ago

I always thought the bow hunting was just a different play style with maybe weaker, quieter, and slower projectiles in game. not a physical bow.

#602 3 years ago

I have a pano cabinet and the cabinet fan is loud af. I replaced it with a noctua silent fan as these ones plug directly via usb.

https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A12x25-5V-PWM-Premium/dp/B07DXQTCK6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

The cabinet is whisper quiet now
559C5884-7FAF-460F-B2C2-D65B2DB4C647 (resized).jpeg559C5884-7FAF-460F-B2C2-D65B2DB4C647 (resized).jpeg

The quiet fan has less airflow throughput but in a home environment I don’t see it causing any issues. I’ll run some temp tests later.

1 week later
#619 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hi guys, we took possession of our BBH Mini Reloaded on Tuesday this week, not a very smooth process so far. I am going to forgo bitching and complaining about Raw Thrills (fuck them), and just warn any Canadian who purchases this game to double triple make sure they send your game with a Canadian Dongle and not the USA one like they sent mine. I contacted Raw Thrills immediately in the morning of Tues. about their mistake (basically you can't play any online content without the proper dongle). I still have not had the issue resolved nearly 2 days later and I have no word when they are sending me out the Canadian dongle.
When I spoke with Raw Thrills yesterday, I was told that I may have to send back my dongle to be reprogrammed because they don't have any extra at this time to send me? Once I remove the dongle it is my understanding that the game is unplayable, and I would have to wait until i get mine back? This is what a Technician at Raw Thrills told me.

It’s super annoying, if player 1 is just drop shipping games from USA, we should be able to order from any distro we want.

For what it’s worth, it will take about a week and half to get a new dongle.

#632 3 years ago

I haven’t done my temp estimates. Noctua makes pc fans and they are the quietest on the market. Their 5V versions come with USB adaptors so it goes right into the pc in your game.

That being said use at your own risk for now. The stock fan is rated for 155cfm, the noctua I picked was around 55.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Expert players out there ... question for you
Home set up of BBH Reloaded HD - online version
Working good but I have a question about what buttons to push and when, in order to always start a 2 player game USING BOTH GUNS.
The only time I can get it to work that way is by choosing "head to head"
If I choose "casual", then 2 players, we end up using the same gun and that is a pain - given there are 2 guns and it's a home environment
We keep handing the gun back and forth.
I must be missing something obvious

No, this is normal. Nothing more shameful than handing the gun over after a big goose egg on the big screen.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We have been playing this for 2 hours or longer a night for weeks now.
While ago I did not want to do anything, but have some beer and watch the game. I was just tired and stressed.
I told my girlfriend that I would turn it on for her, and she went on to play the same amount of hunts that we normally do together, by herself.
Does this happen to any of you? Your wife/girlfriend wants to play the game even more than you do?
I play for around 2 hours, then I am tired, eyes are tired, and I am ready to quit.
Sometimes my girlfriend keeps playing this game for another 2 hours, and comes in here with a bag of ice on her hand.
She loves this game more than any game I have ever picked up.
BBH Reloaded is the only game my girlfriend has ever played so much that she can just not stop until her hand is hurting so bad from pulling the trigger that she has to ice it down.
I really think that if operators could target bars that have a lot of females, or some place where there are a lot of females having a night out, you could get rich with this game on location.
I am thinking a little about buying another one of these and putting it on location. My girlfriend even thinks I should.
We do disagree about one thing though, I say cash only on location, and she says it would do a lot better accepting credit cards.
I just wonder if anyone successfully disputes the credit card charges and ends up playing for free on location?
She said yeah, but most likely they would be on video while playing to prove it. Whatever. I think cash is king.
Raw Thrills did a AWESOME job with this game!

I live in a red neck province and lots of bars have this. They aren’t being played that much. It does pretty well in barcades but I can imagine there are other redemption games that pull in more cash per minute than buck hunter. The games just take too long.

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

How have the temperature tests gone?
Where did you connect in the 5v?

Good. I ran the game for approximately 8 hours and it didn’t go over 86F/30c. The fan I linked has a USB adaptor. Plugged it into the back of the pc. This is specific to the pano cabinet, if you have a mini I can’t guarantee the plug will reach.

#649 3 years ago

Can you get your money back? 6 weeks means it’s in a queue are practically building it.

1 week later
#658 3 years ago

Mine was locked last night, I believe due to not being online for 14 days. Might be a different issue for me as the game is connected via 2.4g wifi which I am currently having problems with at my place .

Going to email raw thrills today.

#666 3 years ago

Well after a good phone call with Indusguys he confirmed that we lost access to pro content. After further digging I looked into the new pricing contract in Canada and it looks like we are paying more and getting less than the actual operators in Canada. I am going to contact Raw Thrills -

Just to be clear, all you home guys in the states - you don't have access to pro either?

#668 3 years ago

I spoke to Brandon at raw thrills, he is a great guy. He pretty much said that pro was not supposed to be an option for any home users and someone messed up our initial setup. Sucks bigtime

#677 3 years ago

I’m gonna send some suggestions to raw thrills but their idea is that the reloaded content keeps you coming back but it’s really just one and done. The animal packs and competitive leaderboards are what makes me come back.

#692 3 years ago

Check your tv through this . Anything below 25 ms on 1080p Is more than fine. As mentioned game mode is usually pretty important.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/input-lag

#693 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Anyone have any guidance on the arcade 1 up version of BBH? Thinking about picking up a version of BBH but I don’t know where to start. Any advice is welcome.

I am a bit of a purist when it comes to buck hunt and from the videos I’ve seen, They use the wii mote type technology which isn’t a light gun. As you can see the crossshairs stay on the screen when you are playing a site. Also the frames per second look really low.

#702 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Thanks for the feedback. So what would you advise for setup for someone new? I like the idea of being able to play multiple versions (like safari, etc) and I don’t want things to burnout on me (like the old monitors) Is there a setup where this is possible? I like the idea of mounting a newer TV.

It really comes down to budget and what’s Available. Maybe the one up arcade is good for you but don’t expect it to play like the buck hunter you are used to at the bar.

#709 3 years ago

I think the basic stats tracking was adding the ability to put your initials down for casual , correct?

#722 3 years ago

To add to Indusguys post about the pro content , the spokesperson said that we would have access to “everything except for tournaments”. It was later corrected to me that they misspoke and meant to say you have “everything but pro mode”.

I get that reloaded has content but are you guys really going back and playing terminator more than once or twice?

2 months later
#936 3 years ago

Holy fuck. I know this sounds pretentious, but I was honestly about to cancel my subscription and wait for something like this to come back. Way sooner than expected. Hats off to raw thrills

#960 3 years ago

I'm on v 9.13 - I ran the update util but there was no software update to pull down.

#966 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Nothing changed on my end, version 9.24[quoted image][quoted image]

My game is patching now, although I did email raw thrills so maybe they did something . Give it a go!

#971 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Too bad we can’t just login with our phone number like on pro.

I think jalpert said that is coming in the next patch

#984 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:Called Beth and now I have start tracking and login!!! So freaking awesome

Better get those scores up. My camera is is coming tomorrow!

#1001 3 years ago

Also when you have your tv setup make sure you enable the “game mode”

#1002 3 years ago

The Amazon cheap Webcam works pretty well for scanning. Thanks jalpert for the suggestion !

215F53C4-A432-486A-991A-269EEC1ACC1F (resized).jpeg215F53C4-A432-486A-991A-269EEC1ACC1F (resized).jpeg

#1006 3 years ago

For what its worth, I asked Brandon @raw thrills to be able to allow all home users (Canada inclusive) to tournaments as they are region locked for now. Might be a while or not implemented at all. But doesn't hurt to ask!

#1019 3 years ago

I would like to echo that the reloaded content doesn’t last the test of time. That being said, Raw Thrills says they moved to a subscription model so they could continually release content so we will see if that is the case.

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I was worried about the need for pumping the shotgun to stay loaded in the more fast pace reloaded content, is there a way to disable it so you can just free shoot without reloading the gun? I can imagine it would be really annoying to keep pumping for a game like terminator. Also it seems super steep for $1200 to add software for a 15 minute game!! Has anyone tried loading other games to the cabinet or does the software prohibit this? Also I was wondering if you guys still feel the $40 a month for extra content is worth it if most of those games have lost their luster so to speak after initial plays?

You can disable the pump to reload in the operator settings.

Agree on the price of the reloaded software for what you get.

I have stated quite a few times on this thread about the value for the monthly fee and I’m sure people are sick of it. That being said the v33 classic mode with the stat tracking, animal packs, tournaments, etc is well worth the 40 a month.

If it wasn’t for covid I would be having my 3 close friends over once a month to enjoy the game with me.

That being said I wish they still had that “scorecard” thing where you can see all your high scores at a glance. I remember Indusguys filled his out on an earlier version when we had access to pro, that was a nice feature too. Not sure if it’s still in.

Oh and you can’t load games but I was thinking about getting a sinden light gun with a raspberry Pi and adding house of the dead, with the pano cabinet it’s easy to run an HDMI to the tv. Not sure about the reloaded mini

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Where? I can’t find it.

Oh crap, that might have been on my world cabinet, not the HD, sorry.

1 week later
#1043 3 years ago

I’m gonna cook up some suggestions to Raw Thrills for future Classic upgrades. Pm me or post here if you have suggestions that you want me to pass on to them.

Things I’d like to see,

-Global Tourneys for Classic Subscribers
-Classic “scorecard” like in pro mode (this is like a golf scorecard for all your adventures)
-Classic Hunter Hero leaderboards - tired of seeing Drew Baldcock’s name everywhere.

#1063 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

How is the skill level/difficulty setup on BBH? The higher the Trek number, the harder it gets per animal? Or are certain animals considered harder than others ?

Yea it scales up. The difficulty in my opinion is much harder than the other non HD games due to the higher resolution.

White tail seemed quite difficult, same as Elk but I can’t say for sure.

#1071 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Gameplay w/Direct Capture!
Are you a good shot? What’s your favorite animal to hunt? Have you ever completed the Trifecta One-Shot Kill on a run?
Buy yours at Flip N Out Pinball!
flipnoutpinball.com

You should probably speak to the home subscription model too, that is very good value add-on for the game.

No marksman awards yet. Shame on me

1 week later
#1101 3 years ago

Just getting my v34 patch right now, what v are you guys on? Anything new feature wise ?

#1103 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Was there a Reloaded update this week? I didn't catch or check...but I swear I saw game reboot an extra time after one of the kids turned it on the other day.

Mine updated to 34 which gives you the ability to log in with QR code during the “enter name” screen. What is kinda bullshit is that all my personal bests are erased. I always log in with my QR. It should follow your person not your machine.

All you get is global summary stats on their website, which doesn’t even include treks scores

3 weeks later
#1123 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I used to have a big buck hunter pro , it was such a great game but I almost broke my wrists moving it .
And I thought The Hobbit was heavy .
[quoted image]

Is that a custom cab?

#1129 3 years ago

Thanks for the additional pics. That’s cool, never seen one like that in Canada

2 months later
#1178 2 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Thinking about selling my BBH Reloaded. With 55 inch screen. Anyone interested? What's it worth in like new condition.

For what it’s worth I sold mine in Canada for about 5700 usd for a pano (not reloaded decals but upgraded software) with no tv. In Canada there’s a bit of a premium on pins so that price might be slightly high.

4 months later
#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Probably not a huge deal to most here, but Raw Thrills just announced the ability to qualify for their world championships at home and in addition play real money contests.
Even if that's not a huge deal, it does re-affirm their commitment to the home market which is a fairly new focus for them.

It shows they are thinking about it, but if you look at the fees compared to the operator contract, it’s quite high.

Also have they announced any new content?

03C0F921-A60A-4DDA-BDDB-DA11023D7A99 (resized).jpeg03C0F921-A60A-4DDA-BDDB-DA11023D7A99 (resized).jpeg
#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yeah this sucks, especially since home users 1) Already bought the unit and 2) Are already paying $40 a month. With these terms, even if you have one at home you might as well go to a bar to play.

Totally , and if you look at the operator contract they didn’t get charged for minimums during covid and they also have a cap on fees per month.

#1242 2 years ago

The last thing I will say for now is that I sold my game and cancelled the monthly contract and would consider another if they add more content as per the monthly model.

The monthly fee was supposed to support new content but it’s been over a year and there isn’t anything significant added.

3 weeks later
#1271 2 years ago

Refresh rate is nice for visuals but you need a tv with a good response time/input lag (lower is better)

This is raw thrills approved monitors list. I think they have been updating it. Read the links too. You can also buy a good tv not on this list that has a 15ms or so refresh rate. If it has “game mode” you will likely be fine if you use that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amekm0qkosiDdDVkUWJZSldFbHg4T1ZwOEc1OTVLOUE#gid=6

3 weeks later
#1303 2 years ago

We can agree that pro should have a fee as there are prize pool contributions and stat tracking

However,

raw thrills is banking way more pro money per play on the non commercial games vs the one in the bars.

1 trek is a 50 cent fee to the operator, vs 2$ to home
1 dollar for adventure as an operator and 5.25 vs home.

It’s not like the non commercial units are any cheaper. You could argue that commercial units bring in more money overall but the ops are also making money selling alcohol.

Home owners should get a bill credit over a certain amount of spend or something.

Or they should just charge the fee and only the fee as the home owner is basically the operator in this case.

2 months later
#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I’m trying to help someone remotely with a BB World that is showing no signal.
PC fans are spinning (at least one) but CD drive won’t open. Lights on jamma board are on. All cables look secure.
I’ve read about video cards going bad but this appears to be on-board video on the PC. Could it be a power supply issue?
Help is appreciated! Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image]

I would guess pc power supply issue. Could be motherboard battery too. If you ask me I would suggest the pc come out for further testing with a monitor and keyboard

Is there more usb in the front? I would expect 3 usb dongles. That looks like an old computer. I would hope the components in there are upgraded at least.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.