(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#143 5 years ago

I am looking for a Big Buck Hunter World or Safari. Would also consider a Big Buck HD 32” or 42”. Would like to find something in good shape, 100% working without monitor or gun issues. I live in Utah. While it would be ideal to find one in a neighboring state or Southern Cal, if anyone has something they are considering selling, please send me a pm message here.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

It's an Big buck HD,
the game is still new... probably 2 years old.
I'm almost positive now that it's the I/O board. Ordered one on dec. 31, still waiting on it. Apparently they have to be programmed for the specific game, which takes 2-3 weeks and then shipped which is another week.
While waiting on it, I checked everything else
-replaced hard drive, motherboard, guns, power supply for the computer, power supply in cabinet, usb cables, power cables, video card, ram, cpu, 3 different sets of install cd's ... pretty much everything except the dongle and I/O board.
the part that bothers me is if it is the I/O, I'll have no idea why it went bad.

Was it under warranty? If it wasn't on location, seems kind of bad that something like that could go bad so quickly. Particularly given how much Raw Thrills charges for those things.

#149 5 years ago

Anyone know if Raw Thrills still sells replacement computers and guns for the Big Buck Hunter Safari pre-HD arcade games? If so, any idea what they cost?

#151 5 years ago

Thanks. A local operator has a nice currently non-working Big Buck Hunter Safari cab. He told me the computer and guns aren't working but he has had it for over a year and won't bother fixing it. I've thought about making him an offer for the cab and trying to get it working myself but not sure of the cost to do that and don't think I have the skillset either.

So how much is an asrock computer replacement? He told me a new computer is $500 and guns, $300 which seems high. Guessing the monitor also needs a rebuild so probably a bigger project then I can take on.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

There is these 2 guns on ebay ebay.com link » Incedible Technologies Shotgun Big Buck Hunter 1 2 Safari World Pro Open Season and ebay.com link » 29 Pump Action Shotgun Big Buck Hunter Wild Safari Pro World Open Season Green

Thanks. So it looks like he is right and they are $300. Now wondering about computer replacement cost. Anyone know if swapping out to a new computer is pretty easy and straightforward? Sorry for the questions but I really no very little about how these things work.

3 weeks later
#162 5 years ago

I have been looking for a Big Buvk Safari the past several months. I have a lead on one and it looks in pretty good shape. The guy did say it had something called “disconnected error” pop up a few weeks ago after he moved it to a new location.

He says everything is working okay now but he didn’t know why it happened and has gone away. Anyone know what this type of error might mean on a BBH Safari? I just want to get s better idea before making him an offer. My concern is that while it is fine now, there may be an underlying issue with the game’s computer hard drive or motherboard. Anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned or is this nothing to worry about?

#166 5 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I asked him to check in the service menu under operator settings just to run the tests there in relation to the computer and game sound. He couldn’t figure out how to get there and sent me these screen shots. I can’t read the entire thing but any potential red flags there in relation to the computer?

8A01A90A-E1B6-4E47-9A08-3D0107191FC7 (resized).jpeg8A01A90A-E1B6-4E47-9A08-3D0107191FC7 (resized).jpegFDF07059-6C58-41AA-B520-B436F523B9BA (resized).jpegFDF07059-6C58-41AA-B520-B436F523B9BA (resized).jpeg
#167 5 years ago

I got a few more pics from him. Apparently, every time the computer boots up, it brings up this voltage low screen I’m. posting here. With a keyboard, he can hit F1, get past this screen, and play play the game normally.

He file test from the operator screen and everything appears to be normal. Any thoughts? Is there a computer issue or could it be a bad power supply (or both)? Any input or advice on what the issue may be and potential cost to fix is very appreciated.

0F7D752E-CCDE-4664-8085-49E7600EC7DB (resized).jpeg0F7D752E-CCDE-4664-8085-49E7600EC7DB (resized).jpeg5784EA66-192E-4BE1-86CD-93B186CC636A (resized).jpeg5784EA66-192E-4BE1-86CD-93B186CC636A (resized).jpeg
#169 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

"Disconnected" is not a game issue, technically. It is the mentor stating that it is not getting a signal at all. Either the computer is not turning on or there is an issue with the computer.

Thank you for the input. I got a little more information tonight and have posted screen shots above.

Apparently he is no longer getting the disconnect error since attaching a keyboard. Now it goes to the screen stating the battery voltage is low. He says if he presses F1, it boots up and plays normally. However, it won't currently boot up without the keyboard and pressing F1.

Do you still think it is a computer issue or something simple like northvibe said about replacing the bios battery or power supply? Thanks guys!

#173 5 years ago

that is exactly what it is. replace the cr-2032 battery on the motherboard (can be found at walgreens, walmart, etc), reset the bios (set it to automatically turn on with the power being applied) and that should do it.
here is the link to the manual for the other settings. it is in section 4-2
https://rawthrills.com/wp-content/uploads/manuals/bbs_manual.pdf

Thanks guys!

#176 5 years ago

Unlike pinball meters, physical hard meters generally never started at 0 so unless you had a starting number it is going to be hard to determine.

Thanks guys. I am going to assume it is just a minor thing like those batteries snd go ahead and buy it. I appreciate everyone's input and let and will keep you updated on how things go.

2 weeks later
#182 5 years ago

So an update on the BB Safari I bought. It arrived and I replaced the battery on the computer due to the low voltage error at start up. I made a mistake when booting it back up of hitting F1 instead of going into the Bios. Played the game for a bit and turned it off.

Since then, everytime it boots up, it just goes to the screen and flashes disconnect in different colors on the screen. Before this problem, it would boot up and was?playable by just hitting F1. Can't play the game at all now. All connections look fine as they were before taking out the comouter to replace the CMOS battery.

Any idea what the problem is? Have it in my basement now so need to figure out how to fix this thing. Kind of frustrated right now.

20190302_184539 (resized).jpg20190302_184539 (resized).jpg20190302_184541 (resized).jpg20190302_184541 (resized).jpg20190302_184542 (resized).jpg20190302_184542 (resized).jpg

#184 5 years ago

that means that the computer isn't sending a signal to the monitor. Does the computer turn on when you power up the game or do you need to start it manually?

Not sure. I can try to start it with the computer and see what happens. The light on the computer power switch is amber colored after turning it on from the back. Should it be green or another color?

1 week later
#187 5 years ago

So an update on my ongoing Big Buck Safari triage. When we tried to hook the computer to a separate monitor to check and change the bios, the computer wouldn't turn on. Last week it had a yellow or amber color on the power button and this week, nothing.

It appears the power supply is dead. Could a dying power supply and not the cmos battery been the cause of the orginal, "Alert! Systerm battery voltage low" error or has something else (power supply or something else) gone wrong besides the cmos?

The power supply I need is for a Dell Ootiplex 740 (enhanced) computer. Here is a picture. Any idea have an idea where the best place to buy one of these or an interchangeable ps would be?
Resized952019031195122208 (resized).jpgResized952019031195122208 (resized).jpgResized952019031195122221 (resized).jpgResized952019031195122221 (resized).jpgResized952019031195122227 (resized).jpgResized952019031195122227 (resized).jpg

#194 5 years ago

If I ever get mine going, I would eventually like to upgrade from Safari to World. Anyone have any idea how to go about this and cost?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Amazon has some old stock. In some cases you might be able to find an entire working 740 for a similar price.
In Canada staples.ca , there’s a 740 listed for $160 Canuck bucks.
You could have had multiple issues going on with the game.
Sucks about your game! Keep us posted. We here to help.

Thanks! I took the computer to a local PC store this afternoon. They didn’t have a compatible PS but did test the HD and confirmed that it is fine.

The guy told me it is likely the PS so I am going to order a new one and cross my fingers that gets everything up and going. If not, may consider looking for a new computer altogether.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You have to find someone selling the security (usb) dongles and cd. ~$500-600 to go pro or safari to world. Totally worth it. Two full games in one.

Thanks Northvibe. Anyone on here sell them? Can they be had for any less then $500 or is that the rate? Guessing it has to be ordered through Raw Thrills or Betson, right?

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I had found someone on klov, raw and betson don’t sell them anymore thag im aware of, so you’ll usually find operators that put together kits from old games. @Kingpin May sell them? If not I can ask around.

Thank you. Surprised Betson doesn’t sell them anymore (and that they cost that much) but any help is very appreciated.

#208 5 years ago

I finally got my BB Safari working! It was power supply and boot up bios as we suspected.

Thank you to all of you who have offered advice and insight over the past several weeks. Would have been difficult to figure this stuff out on my own.

I would still like to upgrade it to BB World. If anyone hears of a kit or dongle that will upgrade Safari for sale, please let me know.

20190317_164934 (resized).jpg20190317_164934 (resized).jpg20190317_165001 (resized).jpg20190317_165001 (resized).jpg
#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Looks like it’s in great shape. Congrats on getting it fixed!

Thank you. It is in very good shape. The monitor is in good shaoe as well with no burn in (the pics don't do it justice).

9 months later
#333 4 years ago

Just checking in to see if anyone knows where I can get the upgrade pack to Big Buck World for my Big Buck Safari?

Does Raw Thrills still offer something like this? I know the newer version has been available for some time but would still like to figure out a way to upgrade to world

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Yep, contact Raw Thrills or a distributor like Betson or maybe KingPin Games, they should be able to hook you up.

Thanks. I'll check with Betson. For some reason I think I remember someone saying on here that they no longer support the older Safari/Pro upgrades anymore, though

1 week later
#355 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya from what I remember it was.
Pro usb
Safari usb
World usb
Then the restore cd
So I told the guy what game I had, and he shipped the other 2 dongles. World did upgrade my Pro to have the extra animal deer to shoot at. If you own a pro or safari, world is a no brainer. SOO much more game. I miss mine but not the size and weight, if arcade1up does get that bbh out, I'd consider it. Or just make one off the pc version of the game.

Thanks for the info. So having a safari already, I would just need to find the World dongle to upgrade?

Not sure why Betson still couldn't do this. Probably pretty easy for them to do and still make some money off the older models still out there

#358 4 years ago

Essentially you need the dongle (USB flash drive) and the update cd. Betson might have some, but they will most likely be out since they will be trying to get their operators into hd.
I might have a dongle, but you would still need the software (which you can get from betson for $25.00 or so).
Shoot me an email so I can remember when I'm at the office tomorrow
[email protected]

Thank you. Sent you an email.

#370 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Dongles are required for all older models you are upgrading from so that dongles aren't orphaned to create new games.
World has a standalone version and upgrade version. Upgrade needs a prior game, Safari or one of the bbhs. For the bbhs, if it was open season, that also has multiple flavors: standalone or upgrade. If upgrade, then it also needs pro and or online. The worst possible case was 4, world, os, online, pro, but it was long enough ago that I can't remember if I actually checked for all 4 or not (but, probably).

I called Raw Thrills/Betson yesterday to inquire if they might have World upgrade dongles still for sale. The parts guy said I’d have to talk with one of their sales guys but if they did it would likely be 2k+. I laughed and said to have them call me if they have something but asking that much for something like that is outrageous. Of course, no one there bothered to call me back.

I’ve talked with a few sales people at Betson over the past year or so when I was looking for a Safari and considering a HD newer version. Have never been impressed with the customer service skills or follow up with anyone Ive talked to there.

11 months later
#800 3 years ago

I probably need to get up with the times and upgrade to a Big Buck HD unit. Right now I still have Big Buck Safari. I've contemplated selling it and upgrading but I'm not sure I can ever get the behemoth Safari cabinet out of my basement .

In the meantime, any chance anyone out there has or knows someone with a Big Buck WORLD DONGLE they would sell? Would like to upgrade my Safari until the time comes I sell it and go the HD route.

3 weeks later
#884 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Joined the club last week. Been looking at getting a shooter for a long time. This new "mini" cab is perfect. Thanks to kingpingames for dropping it off.
Went with online for now, and will do the $40 a month and reevaluate after 1 year. Thought about going all in at nearly $10k offline, but online is more reasonable and lets you try stuff out before committing to anything offline, if ever.
Pros:
Killer build quality, instantly thought how this is not some cheap Stern.
Lots of metal, these toppers could kill someone if they fell on your head.
Mini comes with awesome monitor, heavy duty chassis, and what feels like thick glass on the screen.
Cabinet is stunning, with color changing LEDs integrated into music/lightshows, gameplay, and even attract mode.
While big, it's perfect size to get in most homes, unlike their later model driving games and whatnot.
Kids and friends have already played it more than any other pinball ever in my basement.
Game variety and selection.
Cons:
Goofy, confusing pricing models, they should just gear a home version software package with everything for $8k or so.
Too much stuff you'll never use at home, that could save on price/packaging for home buyer. (Verizon 4g, credit card chip and pin swiper, bill validator, etc.)
Getting game setup for "home use" mode not straight forward, it's not hard either. I can see "old" people struggling here.
Games that aren't really pump shotgun-esk are laborious. Terminator is cool, and the mini/turret guns are a nice rest, but they should just code a setting where you can play with a machine gun in certain games. BBH is fun with pump, wouldn't change that, but since this is a variety focused cab, should have options for gun types.
While sound output is good, wish it had stereo.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That new mini cab looks great. Wondering, though, how wide is it? My games are in my basement and have to be taken up and down a stairwell. With the built in TV being 42”, wondering if it would even be possible for me to get it down there,

#891 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

You can but like others have said ... remove the header and monitor.
When I got mine, I couldn't find any instructions on how to do this
I made my own here. Might help
Also includes every single measurement you cant find anywhere else!
https://thepinballloft.com/2020/10/09/lions-tigers-bears/

Thanks for the insight guys. I have a Big Buck Safari currently but this new unit looks pretty cool and is tempting. Sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to remove some stuff and get it o
Into the basement. How tall is it with all of the marquees on top? I think my basement is only 8 feet.

I think the real dilemma and challenge would be be getting the Safari out of my basement. It was so heavy and tall, it was a nightmare getting it down there. Almost killed us... literally

#894 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Isn’t that the buyers problem?

Maybe... if I can sell it locally. I worry about it crashing through the wall at the bottom of my stairs and someone getting hurt, though. That almost happened when we took it downstairs with 3 people.

#896 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Up for removing the CRT/glass? I've done that a few times along with coin door assembly. Also not sure what your path looks like, but the shoulder dolly system works great and doesn't kill your back. Moved countless pins with it as an escalera/dolly won't fit on landing.

Thanks! Good tips. Not sure I feel comfortable removing the CRT. One if the problems we ran into is the overhang halfway up my stairs is a bit lower. The game is so tall, coupled with the weight, we had to bring the dolly down lower which was scary for a minute.

On a separate note, can anyone tell me what comes with the offline version of Reloaded? I know you get everything if you pay not 3-4k or pay the monthly fee. Just wondering how much content you get offline?

#907 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

No, when you purchase the offline model you do not have to spend another dime, until down the road when they release more hunts, etc. that you may want to add to the game.
There is a different bonus round at the end of each trek. They are all different except Zombie Deer uses some of the same ones.
Off the top of my head (I may forget some), I have zombie deer, buckzilla, bighorn sheep, wildebeest, whitetail deer, moose, kudu, elk, irish elk, and I am forgetting one or 2 more.

Is the Reloaded Monster mode part of offline or an upgrade/subscription item?

#921 3 years ago

Sorry to take this backwards but can anyone comment on if it is possible to upgrade a Safari to play just Big Buck Pro if you have the dongle, etc? I'd prefer to upgrade it to World but there doesn't seem to be many (if any) dongles/upgrade kits out there.

#930 3 years ago

Thank you! Just to clarify, I don't want to take off Safari. Just wondering if it can be integrated so I have the option of playing or choosing from eithee... or do I need the Big Buck world dongle with everything on one?

#940 3 years ago

ah, okay.
as far as I know this is not possible.

Ok, thank you. So the Big Buck World dongle or no go to upgrade, right? Guess I'll keep trying tobteack one down until I'm ready to upgrade to Reloaded.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is this the upright CRT cab?

Yes. Upright Safari cabinet. It is a behemoth... begging for a World upgrade

#951 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Okay, then yes, you'll wan to find a world update. Which IIRC was 3 total dongles. I found mine from a member on KLOV.

I posted there last year. Never got a reply from anyone.

3 weeks later
#1064 3 years ago

So interested in opinions. Is the new BB Reloaded mini integrated cabinet a huge upgrade on the the Big Buck Wild mini? I'm debating whether to save up for a new Reloaded or go with a used Wild (which I know can be upgraded with the Reloaded software).

#1079 3 years ago
Quoted from goren1818:

Hello! Would anyone happen to be selling a Big Buck World dongle? I would be upgrading from a Big Buck Hunter Pro.
Thank you!

Good luck. I've been looking for one for the past 18 months.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

The mini changed much more than the panorama. Has integrated led t molding and a different design. With that being said the upgrade to reloaded is "free". It all depends on your budget. A new machine is exactly that. It hasn't been routed and has a warranty. All the boards, components, computer and monitor are new.
I would do the same thing I did. Buy a used panorama. Install a new TV, deep clean the inside of the machine, add the terminator topper and enjoy the new content and the tournament jalpert hosts. I need more people to compete with me for last!

How much is the Terminator topper?... or is that part of the free upgrade?

#1082 3 years ago

So I'm interested in opinions on premium content. Is Duck Dynasty any good? Which is the best of the group?

Also, if you buy both animal packs (#1 & #2), is it $500 apiece ($1k) or $750 apiece?

1 year later
#1430 1 year ago

I was thinking of getting a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded a few years back but never pulled the trigger. Thinking about it again and noticed this version as currently being for sale. Does anyone by chance have a used mini 42" like this they are thinking of selling?
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2-1-1000x1667 (resized).pngBBHR_CabinetRender_v2-1-1000x1667 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well was super excited to play today and this is what showed up.
Looks like it tipped over in shipping and they just picked it back up with the forks on the screen.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good hell. So careless.

11 months later
#1725 3 months ago

Hey everyone, I have the older Big Buck Hunter Safari cabinet with Dell computer. I had a low battery warning recently on boot up so I replaced the computer battery. It worked fine the first time after replacing the battery but now I'm getting disconnected flashing around the monitor in different colors when I turn on the game.

I think the same thing happened when I first bought the game several years backand it required reconfiguring the BIOS to the listing in the manual. I connected a keyboard to the USB in the front of the CPU and held F2 when powering up the game but it isn' bringing up the BIOS screen per the manual instructions. It is still just flashing disconnect on the monitor as if no keyboard is connected. Also, per the pictures, the computer light is amber, not green. Does this indicate a problem with thw CPU?

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or what may be causing me to get the disconnect screen on bootup? Any insight is very appreciated.
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg20231227_161012 (resized).jpg20231227_161015 (resized).jpg20231227_161015 (resized).jpg20231227_161042 (resized).jpg20231227_161042 (resized).jpg

20231227_162355 (resized).jpg20231227_162355 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Utesichiban.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=Utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.