(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#646 3 years ago

greetings all... re-joining the club and just ordered a new Reloaded Panorama Cab. Was told approximately 6 weeks for build/delivery. Is that consistent with anyone else's experience?

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I suppose just depends on the dealer, I have the minis and panorama in stock for immediate shipment. Of course there are times I am out as well.
Greg

Man, I guess I should have ventured outside of my comfort zone... I'm typically a loyal patron so I hadn't really thought about reaching out to other dealers. I'm also an impatient one so I'm kicking myself for not doing so.

#652 3 years ago

Great help from Raw Thrills and Pinball Pro. Contacted Greg and placed order for the one he had in stock AND it was even cheaper than the price I was paying with other dealer.

I’m glad I posted the question and looking forward to getting the machine much sooner than expected.

1 week later
#672 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Great help from Raw Thrills and Pinball Pro. Contacted Greg and placed order for the one he had in stock AND it was even cheaper than the price I was paying with other dealer.
I’m glad I posted the question and looking forward to getting the machine much sooner than expected.

Evening all - Question for those with the Reloaded, Online Version. I got everything online and the Operator Account setup etc. but what is the process for free play in home environment? I did not see any freeplay settings in the menu. Do you all just add Service Credits or am I missing something?

Also, BIG THANKS to Greg @ Pinball Pro for getting me the game super fast. Shaved 5+ weeks off the wait time I was quoted from other distributor.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Should be in the main menu, then player costs, then free play.

hmmm... I dont have that setting but I also have PRO options still available to me so I suspect my account is not properly configured for home use yet.

#678 3 years ago

OK, so wanted to document my experience incase it helps any other new owners with setup. Raw Thrills has been incredibly helpful with this title in more than one way.

First, I posted here a week or so ago asking if the 6 week lead time was accurate for delivery (this is what my original vendor told me) ... within a matter of minutes Raw Thrills reached out and offered to connect me with alternate vendors that would possible have in-stock ready to go. I connected with Greg @ PinballPro and fast-forward a week, game is delivered (so happy about that, thanks again Greg)

Secondly, I followed the step by step of the game's setup but once complete I was pretty sure it had set me up as a commercial operator account because I could not locate the Free Play option... I posted on here and shortly thereafter, Raw Thrills reached out again to offer assistance to not only get the account re-configured but also walking me through the steps to reboot and re-sync the machine to commit the changes. This included afterhours support since I didn't get home until late tonight... Really grateful for the quick fixes and think its awesome that they pay close attention to threads about their products.

Incase it helps anyone else, below was my hang-ups and ultimate fixes.

I followed the instructions on setup and didn't think I made any mistakes but whatever I did do, had me setup as a commercial operator which was evident by the lack of Free-Play option.

1. If this happens to you, contact Raw Thrills in order to convert your account to proper home / free play account.

2. Reboot machine, Go to Online > Online Debug Menu and go all the way to bottom of list to select "Purge Query Cache"

3. Then go back to Online and select "Software Update" which will force the machine to resync.

4. Then reboot machine again and you should be in business. If all is correct, you will have FREE PLAY text at bottom of screen.

I offer up these confirmed steps because prior to completing, my machine was in a weird state there was no free play and no reloaded content. the above was what process Raw Thrills walked me through to get everything working properly (which was AFTER they converted my account to proper home use account)

I know a couple of you guys are bummed by not being able access the PRO game play option from home but honestly, I would not let that detour anyone that may be looking at bringing this machine home. There is still a ton of content that comes with the subscription. I've owned several arcade "shooting" games in the past and nothing comes close to the amount of content and variety that this BBH Reloaded has.

Very happy I joined the club.

#679 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

This is the only game we have played in a long while.
I like to watch new episodes of Oak Island, and my girlfriend hates that show, and she played this pretty much the whole time my show was on while ago.
She has never shot a real gun, and is very interested now to try one.
This game is amazing!
I really look forward to adding to this game when they release more software for sale.
(offline, because my service in this area sucks, hell, just last night was the first time I could get back on here almost 2 weeks after this storm knocked down trees over the lines on the power poles).

Haha ... I thought I was the only one who watched OAK ISLAND...

#684 3 years ago

I think 50” on the panoramic cabinet is as small as you would want. I have a 60” on mine and (to me) it feels perfect and looks appropriate.

6993D24D-546A-457C-BC39-9852D8EAC96F (resized).jpeg6993D24D-546A-457C-BC39-9852D8EAC96F (resized).jpeg
#713 3 years ago

Man, I don't get it... the game is awesome, even without PRO enabled. I can understand being frustrated that if someone had pro (by accident) and then it went away but you are still left with a very robust and polished game, this is no where near beta testing. Buying a reloaded cabinet now is getting the best of all the Big Buck progress that has been made of the last few years with the HD series. There is a ton of content just with the hunts, treks and bonus levels alone, then you add in the Duck Dynasty, Monsters, Zombies, Terminator... there is no other shooting game (past or present) in the marketplace that has this kind of variety. My wife and her friends spent a couple hours last night playing and having a blast with just the hunts and haven't even gotten into any of the reloaded content.

For those select few that are die hard into the competition and place high value on the live leaderboard, then perhaps its not the game for you, but for anyone else who is looking for a home game that everyone can enjoy Big Buck Hunter Reloaded does not disappoint. I for one do not regret the purchase.

3 weeks later
#744 3 years ago

I noticed on my Panorama cabinet that the Free Play text at the bottom of the screen seems to be in slightly different locations depending on the content and many times it is being slightly cutoff at the bottom.

It's not my TV aspect / under scan settings... it seems like that Free Play text at the bottom (and the green signal strength icon) are in a different position each scene change.

Anyone else notice this?

1 week later
#759 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

For you guys that have BBH Reloaded games, I thought it would be fun to start a Pinside tournament!
I will be the first to say that I have very little knowledge of what I'm doing, but joining should be very easy.
1.) Sign into your coinup account
2.) Goto this URL: https://www.coinup.com/tournaments/editgamemachines/BBHD/1001989
3.) I'm assuming most of you only have one game, so tick the tick mark and hit submit game machines to add your game
This is a 3 trek (15 sites and 3 bonus rounds) random from all skill levels and all animals except zombie deer. Screw zombie deer. It's a high score tournament, play as many times as you want and the highest score takes it.
A few caveats:
Everything is free from the coinop account to the play. There is no cost to this. Once you add this tournament to your game you cannot remove it. This tournament lasts for one week so it will be on your machine for one week. Also, I set the costing to it's lowest level, but it still wants $0.25 to play. Maybe run a $100 bill through the machine. There are no actual charges to play, just a quark that it needs some coins in to start. Or you can just hit the coin actuator on the coin mech a few times, however you want to do it.
I thought it might be fun to give it a shot... If you need more information on tournaments or coinup etc, I can do my best to help.

Very cool of you to set this up... I just added our machine. I don't think my skills are Tournament worthy but I'll give it a shot.

2 weeks later
#834 3 years ago

Evening all - due to some unfortunate circumstances, I have decided to sell my practically new Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Panarama with 60" LED TV. $4500 in Atlanta. Smoke Free, Pet Free home and I still have all of the original packaging material if you need to ship it.

I also have my Crusin' Blast, Power Putt and Atari PONG Coin-OP for sale along with my Pins if you see my other ADs.

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg13 (resized).jpg
#841 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

retrogamerjp could you measure size of the translite/marquee? I wonder if I could buy the one and swap it out with the one on my mini, thanks. I'm guessing it's wider, but not sure.
[quoted image]

Sure thing - my marquee assembly is a bit over 41" (41 3/8" to be exact)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RetroGamerJP.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=RetroGamerJP and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.