(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

I didnt think home versions could play Duck Dynasty

#33 7 years ago

Yeah I understand money works wonders but I Just thought the zombie add was like a grand & available to home & op models but DD add on was only for coin op models due to licensing

Makes me think DD is yearly only & one day when the licensing agreement ends between A&E and RawnThrills it wont be on your cab?

So how much $$$ are we talking

#37 7 years ago

Yeah I know you can buy the updates/packs but I've seen things online leading me to believe DD is only compatible with online coin op editions

I know for a fact zombie can be added to an offline edition. Its the DD that seems to be online specific?

Look under each arcade @ this link

http://www.bmigaming.com/bigbuckhunter-big-buck-hd-offline-models.htm

#40 7 years ago

So a 42" BBH w/DD & Zombies offline = $8500?

I struggle to see the value in that for a home environment.

A loaded up Golden Tee is like half that right?

4 years later
#471 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I am considering a BBH, as long as a good deal on a used one, with all upgrades, and can be played offline.

Kingpin, in this thread or the GT one, said he has some used ones I think.

Give him a shout. Tell him PW79 sent ya lol.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yes it’s the online version. They said since it’s residential I can cancel the monthly subscription at any time. I think you are usually locked in for 12 months. I figure I can try the different content and then buy the modules I really like to avoid the monthly fee. You would still have access to all the BBH non-premium content once subscription is cancelled

So what games are still playable if you take a break from the subscription?

#474 3 years ago

I sent a pm about 7 hours ago.

In this thread or the GT one I think he listed his direct cell # too.

I’m super curious to see which route you take (used vs new) & etc.

Let us know what ya end up doing mang. We’re all a bunch of game room nerds here!

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I received my BBH Reloaded 42” Mini cabinet on Friday. What an amazing machine and a great overall package / presentation! I worked with CoinUp and had the machine up and running with all content the night that I received my machine. This was an upgrade for me from a Big Buck World. What a difference having it in HD on a 42” screen. New guns are a nice upgrade as well. The cabinet has very cool lighting with LED’s behind the T- molding and in the speaker panel. Cup holders on each side are a nice touch as well!
Haven’t played all the games yet but BBH is great with both guns and bows. Terminator Salvation is a workout! Don’t see how I could ever get through the entire game as my shoulder and arm were killing me after about 10-15 minutes.
Great transaction with KingPin games. Highly recommend Christopher! I ordered it on Monday and it was delivered on Friday!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I gotta say. That cabinet of yours is amazing. The LED work is unreal!

I want to get the panoramic version but it doesn’t have all the bells n whistles of the mini.

First world problems. Woe is me. Woe is me.

#478 3 years ago

I sorta want to get the Panoramic cabinet & wall mount an 85” screen.

Maybe, in front of a TV that big, the game will absorb me like Flynn (1982 Tron) or that new Jumanji movie.

Perhaps a nice vest & some dank edibles will expedite the process.
40CB3421-A67B-4DA7-B52B-5AA9E7FDB0DE (resized).png40CB3421-A67B-4DA7-B52B-5AA9E7FDB0DE (resized).png

#488 3 years ago

I read the panorama cabinets with large screens have lag when compared to the 42”

Anyone familiar with this?

I thought a bigger screen would be better but I may be wrong

Leaning towards the mini now. Love the redesigned cabinet!

#489 3 years ago

What if RAW doubles the monthly cost?

It’s already gone from from $30 month to $40 a month in the last 90 days right? I’d have no choice but to pay whatever they ask since I have a “sunk cost” of $6K

Dang. I don’t like ransoms lol

Thanks to COVID-19 how do I know Raw Thrills will even be in biz 2 years from now?

I think way too much.

Paralysis by analysis

Looks fun tho & life is short.

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Pano, you can use any tv. If someone uses an old tv with high input lag, that would cause issues. If you get a pano with a low input lag tv you are fine. I got a sweet one for $600 cad.
The base buck hunter machine is a stupid price with no content. Just play the crap out of it and expect to take a loss. Or just go to a bar an drop as much money as it will take to get your use out of it.

Yeah

The high price of entry...

Ongoing fees that already increased by 25% almost overnight...

A company dependant on location play during a pandemic...

I'm still considering it tho. It's not cheap but if it's fun & my family/friends enjoy it then I'm good.

My retirement won't be derailed by a BBH implosion but it was way easier buying a Golden Tee.

I can't go to bars, etc. We have risk factors in this house that require caution. You have a good idea tho my friend.

Guess I will just obsess over this for a few days & pace the basement haha.

What a tough choice regarding cabinet. Get the big dog or the cool one. 1st world problems.

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I personally hope so!

Same

I hope all ends up OK. I really do.

I'm just looking both ways before crossing the street.

2 weeks later
#512 3 years ago

I bailed on Big Buck for now...

Picked up an Oktoberfest instead!

Now the question is... Hot Wheels or Big Buck next?

lol

1 month later
#587 3 years ago

I was just told that they are not making the bow anymore.

I’m not understanding

Are you saying that mode is gone?

#597 3 years ago

It is closer to 42. The screen is just over 41.
The 42 part is the next part above the screen.

After my distro said no bow available I contacted Betson, and he said that he talked with Raw Thrills and they are not making bows for Reloaded.
My Reloaded has preset high scores for a bow that I would like to beat.
I wish someone from Raw Thrills would chime in here and let us know what the deal is?
Were the bows just having a lot of issues? Or just what is up?

Are you talking about a physical device being the bow or the bow modes?

What's the goal at Raw Thrills, to create obstacles?

Lol

I mean FFS the game is hella expensive to start, the costs are ongoing with no future guarantees or owned content & none of us here can make heads or tales of shit without an employee or distro explanation.

Next toy is either a GNR or BBH so no matter what life is good I guess.

#599 3 years ago

I found out that there is no bow, you use the gun as a bow, and bow modes are only available online.
And that does not even matter to me, this offline BBH is awesome just the way it is.

I vote BBH!

Man. It appears BBH is so confusing even the owners cant figure it out. Lol, perfect.

I can't do offline. If I'm paying all that money for a game it needs to be 100%

GNR looks cool. But... its a JJP. I will see what AP does next then revisit GNR & BBH to see where they stand.

Promised the wife no more toys in 2020. Joke is on her. There's less than 90 days to go!

1 month later
#703 3 years ago

Wait...

There's no online score tracking?

Dang, that's a fun component of Golden Tee.

#714 3 years ago

I just played a round of Golden Tee. Cambodia. Man it’s legit my favorite of the 2021 courses.

Big Buck would look awesome next to it.

Cmon Raw, make it so! Get Pro play integrated into the Home models.

7 months later
#1183 2 years ago

Any new content added since launch?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PW79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=PW79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.