(Topic ID: 144462)

Unofficial Big Buck Hunter Arcade thread (BBH)

By northvibe

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,750 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by evh347
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B85BB88-7DA4-4AB4-9BE4-A6BD3EA0F101 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg
IMG_0791 (resized).jpeg
20231227_162355 (resized).jpg
20231227_161012 (resized).jpg
20231227_161042 (resized).jpg
20231227_161015 (resized).jpg
image0 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg
BBHD_42_ReloadedRESIZED (resized).png
BBHR_CabinetRender_v2 (resized).png
IMG_0766 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0264 (resized).jpg
IMG_2566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0263 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Hmmm, you may have to contact a local vendor/distributor or someone like betson, could probably help.

Yeah, you need to order the update disk and the release codes for the new animals / modes that you want.

#133 5 years ago

you can not update the world any further that where you are.

the buckzilla updates are for the HD versions

Quoted from per3per3:

I have a world and would also be interested in where these upgrades are available and how to install them

2 months later
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have been looking for a Big Buvk Safari the past several months. I have a lead on one and it looks in pretty good shape. The guy did say it had something called “disconnected error” pop up a few weeks ago after he moved it to a new location.
He says everything is working okay now but he didn’t know why it happened and has gone away. Anyone know what this type of error might mean on a BBH Safari? I just want to get s better idea before making him an offer. My concern is that while it is fine now, there may be an underlying issue with the game’s computer hard drive or motherboard. Anyone have any ideas? Should I be concerned or is this nothing to worry about?

"Disconnected" is not a game issue, technically. It is the mentor stating that it is not getting a signal at all. Either the computer is not turning on or there is an issue with the computer.

#170 5 years ago

that is exactly what it is. replace the cr-2032 battery on the motherboard (can be found at walgreens, walmart, etc), reset the bios (set it to automatically turn on with the power being applied) and that should do it.

here is the link to the manual for the other settings. it is in section 4-2

https://rawthrills.com/wp-content/uploads/manuals/bbs_manual.pdf

#175 5 years ago

Unlike pinball meters, physical hard meters generally never started at 0 so unless you had a starting number it is going to be hard to determine.

2 weeks later
#183 5 years ago

that means that the computer isn't sending a signal to the monitor. Does the computer turn on when you power up the game or do you need to start it manually?

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not sure. I can try to start it with the computer and see what happens. The light on the computer power switch is amber colored after turning it on from the back. Should it be green or another color?

It should be green

1 week later
#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Finally dug into my non working BBH Pro/World. Started with the CMOS battery. It was dead but didn't fix anything when replaced. The computer does absolutely nothing, typically this means power supply. I found one that matched on Newegg for about $60 shipped. My fingers are crossed. I bought a 120GB SSD for $20, I plan on putting that it to hopefully speed up the boot time. Does anyone have an image for the latest World? I have a CD somewhere, but it's not the newest version. Also, are there any other worthwhile upgrades while I have the hood open like RAM? I really hope it's not the motherboard, I didn't see any reasonable prices for motherboards.

You can order replacement restore CD from raw thrills. Just check the release notes to make sure you get the right one for your motherboard

#200 5 years ago

I can look around. I know I have restore disks (not sure on the version), but i doubt I have any spare dongles.

3 months later
#266 4 years ago

i would make your order

i have used usb dvd drives in the past to load games. i really wish they would just use a usb flash drive to do this, but i have not figured out (or looked into) doing this yet.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from gregdole7:

Do you know what version of the game you are running?
Did you need to reinstall with the new motherboard?

As long as it is the same game, then it will.work with your dongle. You might want to take a look at the release notes for the different upgrades as they (raw thrills) started adding support for other motherboards later on and perhaps your new board isn't compatible with the older software.

2 months later
#294 4 years ago

I have some bbh hd coming in if anyone is intetested.

42" mini units. Breifly used on route. Online versions at this time (requires online subscription per month), but can be changed to offline for a fee. There are some new things coming for bbh HD in the near future, get one now!

$4250 each.

Shipping available at buyers expense.

[email protected]
608-393-2299 Christopher cell

2 weeks later
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm trying to install an SSD and just got this same message. My game has the Dell Optiplex 740 computer. Everything works fine with the standard drive but no luck with this one. Any recommendations?

Are you using a SATA power cable with 5 wires (orange) or a molex to sata adapter? Some of the newer drives look for the orange (3.3v) connection to work right. Not sure if this is your issue, but might be worth a shot.

1 month later
#318 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have confirmed the update will be available for the home market. I am sure it will not be cheap but the amount of content looks to make it a completely different game.

otherwise you could put your game online and pay the monthly fee to get the content.

$40 a month (i believe) x 12 months comes to around $500 a year. The last time i updated a customers game it was around $2500 for the animals, duck dynasty and zombie hunt. that's 5 years of game play.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Will they let u do that in a home environment?

Yes, you just can not participate in the tournaments. There are some changes coming soon (probably 4-6 weeks) that will explain things better. I'll come.and update when we're allowed.

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

My contact said Jan 1st.
If you put online, how do you do that? Through a distributor?
Thanks,looking forward to your updates.

it will be easier to explain when things are revealed. reveal should be soon, implementation might be 01/01/2020

1 month later
#328 4 years ago

Here is what was released at IAAPA

MSRP Pricing

Big Buck HD Panorama (no monitor) $5494
Wild Pack 1 (irish elk, big horn sheep, and gemsbok) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)
Wild Pack 2 (buckzilla, zombies) $749 ($499 if combined with any premium content)

Premium Content

Duck Dynasty $624
In Case of Zombies $1249
In Case of Monsters $1249
Terminator Salvation $1249

Fully Loaded Offline Panorama (no monitor) (includes all kits above) $9244 (plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes)

There will be other options available in early 2020 that will talk about monthly subscriptions and pay per play options (instead of buying the kits)

1 month later
#341 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The "pay to play" per game doesn't really make sense for the home market because most of us like to have our games on free play. I would ask if they would consider selling the added content for home use customers at a reduced cost and make the discounted content only available when the game is set to "free play".

it is all being discussed. i have brought this very point up a couple of times.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My right gun is lagging a few minutes into play, then becomes unresponsive. Then set to leave alone while the game is still going, then picked up and works but lags until becomes unresponsive again

Try swapping usb ports and see if that helps.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

You may be right. What is the cost per play. How do you set it up. My game goes months without play sometimes. I think you may be right. This may be the better way to go. Maybe kingpin can provide some light on how that would work?

yeah, as soon as we have some solid information i can pass it along. i hate to speculate on pricing, terms, games, etc until Raw Thrills let's us (distributors) know.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the info. So having a safari already, I would just need to find the World dongle to upgrade?
Not sure why Betson still couldn't do this. Probably pretty easy for them to do and still make some money off the older models still out there

Essentially you need the dongle (USB flash drive) and the update cd. Betson might have some, but they will most likely be out since they will be trying to get their operators into hd.

I might have a dongle, but you would still need the software (which you can get from betson for $25.00 or so).

Shoot me an email so I can remember when I'm at the office tomorrow

[email protected]

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You need the world and pro usb and world cd

Technically I think you just need your orginal (pro, safari or open season) and the world. I don't think he would need to go back to pro to go up to world when it is already a safari, unless the safari was an update from the pro also, I which case you would still have the pro dongle installed.

4 weeks later
#373 4 years ago

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded

4 different models available (end of March / early April 2020)

Mini 42” online $6199
Mini 42” offline (ships with all content) $9,999
Panorama online $5499
Panorama offline (ships with all content) $9699

Upgrade Kits available (pricing coming soon)

Wild pack 1-3 Animals
Wild Pack 2 - BuckZilla and Zombie Deer
Duck Dynasty
In Case of Zombies “Doe of the Dead”
In Case of Monsters “Lost Island”
Terminator Salvation Delta Mission

Home Plan - $29.99 a month subscription. This gets you access to ALL current and new content!

let me know if you have any questions. If you are looking for a panorama cabinet (add your own monitor) then we can do those now and for TPF or MGC coming up.

Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I am in Australia is the pricing the same?

Sorry, not sure.

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Is there any information on the Mini? What does the cabinet look like and how does it compare to the Panorama? Looks like the additional content is $3,800, is that correct? Thats really expensive and if monthly subscription is $30/month, it would take 10.5 years at $30 per month to spend the $3,800 up charge so seems like the subscription is the way to go. Does that make sense?
Thanks
Ed

here is the mini cabinet.

correct, the offline game is expensive as they are trying to get more people online.

Reloaded_Saleshseet_v2 (resized).jpgReloaded_Saleshseet_v2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Has anyone signed up for the home use online? I want to but still waiting for more info on exactly how this works and what requirements I need to make it work properly (internet speed, and additional hardware, etc)

I had another customer call me this morning. I have reached out to raw thrills to have someone one me and him (customer) through the entire process. I will update once we have something to update.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Sorry in advance if my questions are boneheaded, but I still don't quite understand 100%. Maybe you can help me out? I'm looking at buying a game for home:
Mini online for $6199 + I can add in the home plan for $29.99/month to get all content. Do I still pay additional for treks/adventures on top of that monthly subscription? If no, then am I correct in assuming that if I'm not paying to play, then my scores aren't counting towards the world rankings? If yes, how exactly does that work - - i.e if I stuff a $20 bill in the game to play, it's my game, i just open the coin door and take it back - - is there another cut that ends up having to get paid back to Raw Thrills or whoever it is?
Also, I assume the Panorama version is what the traditional/normal cabinet is called?

You will not be eligible to play towards current "world rankings" on a home machine, even if it is online. This is similar to Incredible Technologies and Golden Tee. You can still play all the games, you just can't participate in the current tournaments.

The panorama version is the one where you add your own monitor (whatever size you want), whereas the 42" mini is the one that includes the monitor.

42" Mini Reloaded on the left. Includes everything you see

Panorama on the right. Includes everything EXCEPT the monitor.

Let me know if that helps.

BBHR_Cabinets (resized).pngBBHR_Cabinets (resized).png
#391 4 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Awesome, that helps alot, thank you for answering. One last question from before - - is it safe to assume the monthly subscription of $29.99/month allows for unlimited monthly freeplay of all content?

as far as i know, yes.

if you are truly interested let me know and maybe we can work out a deal for one of your new games...

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I have a 60" plasma put into my Panorama it was sited i paid $4800AUD delivered i thought that was a great price. I am in Australia and want the online package is this available worldwide or just in USA. If i have to go through a local distributor so be it or can i go through someone like you Kingpingames? I may even site it as it still has note and coin mech etc.. being plasma it wont get destroyed.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will look into this and let you know.

#395 4 years ago

Okay guys/gals here is what I was able to get from Raw Thrills

What we need to do is call PlayMechanix at 630-942-1070 and speak to Bert. He will walk you through the process of getting the game online.

You will want to have your serial number of the game and the Operator number on the menu screen (Bert will walk you through it).
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I was traveling this week.

Also, if you could, please let them know that KingPin Games sent you over in case they are keeping track of who is out there making deals.

as for you @noob-a-tron, Raw Thrills is currently trying to figure out the home software for Canada and Australia.

If anyone is looking for a new 42" Mini or a new panorama, please let me know.

thank you

1 month later
#419 4 years ago

cool topper.

fyi, home pricing is set at $39.99 a month.

TerminatorTopper_SellSheet (resized).jpgTerminatorTopper_SellSheet (resized).jpg
#422 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Any idea how long you are locked in for at $39.99? Also is the topper available now are do we have to wait for lock down to be over?

toppers are ready to order, but not made yet.

1 month later
#429 3 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Just seen this bow hunting and doe zombie. What ones are worth getting? Is there a package deal ? Thanks.
[quoted image]

give me a call and we can discuss this.

608-393-2299 Christopher

essentially you can go "online" with your game for $40 a month and get all the games (current and new releases in the future) or you can buy the discs and play it offline.

Both Monster Island and Terminator Salvation: Delta are new games. Termintor is a new game, not a copy of the other Raw Thrills piece.

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

What's the newest version of BBH one could play offline with no monthly fees, no pay-per-play, no modes grayed out, and no huge up charge for the offline version?

Quoted from twenty84:

I talked to Raw Thrills about this. For BBH HD made prior to this year it is still possible to get the extra content to use online via a one time fee. That said the fees are pretty steep but inline with what they were before (e.g. $1300 for one game, $2000 for a couple etc.). I had previously bought the extra animals and Zombie adventures via this system. For $39.99 a month you can get all the content for home use, and this is apparently the only way to get it on the BBH HD systems they are making now. I decided to go the monthly route at first to see which modules were worth getting then perhaps cancel the monthly fee and just pay for what I want after that and take the game back off line - the Raw Thrills rep reassured me that this is possible. I don't have it set up yet, apparently they need to make some changes to my Coin-up account and send me a USB stick with the new content.

Yes, you can get a bbh hd and keep it offline, and can also add other software to it individually. If you just want bbh and terminator you can do that on the bbh hd or wild. The new reloaded is 100% or 100% offline (with everything included)

I have a couple of these old hd units (both 42" mini and panorama) coming in over the course of the next couple weeks.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Man this has been hell trying to get my game updated to reloaded. I sent in all paperwork over a month ago. First it was corona virus than the looting. But basically my version is too old to go online and connect to their servers. They need to send me a new version but it has been very difficult to get that new version.
Problem is when I went to go online I had to do a reset and lost all my current content, plus the game is now doing a countdown and if it does not connect to their servers soon it will be come non operational.
Been kind of a buzz kill but hopefully it will get straightened out in the next week or so.
I am a sucker and also ordered the topper. Is cheap compared to stern’s offerings.

Quoted from twenty84:

I've had a similar experience, it has been very difficult to get mine updated even though it ran a recent version of the code already. At this point it has been about 5 months of phone calls and emails between myself and a few different people at Raw Thrills with various empty promises and excuses on their side as to why nothing has happened. I too have ordered the topper, but haven't received that yet either. It seems like it should be a simple transaction: I pay them and they provide a software update and a topper. As much as people complain about Stern, they at least figured that out. Instead the customer gets shuffled around to various people within the company who only occasionally come to work.
At this point I'm about ready to just give up on it. I'd love to hear if anyone was successful in getting this to work and how they did it.

Quoted from jorge5240:

I thought I was the only one. At least I am not alone. Hopefully they can get their shit together. I will keep you updated if I can get them to seal the deal.

hey guys, sorry to hear that you are having issues. i have forwarded this thread to my sales guy at Raw Thrills and will stay on top of it.

Thank you

1 month later
#457 3 years ago

New Big Buck Hunter Reloaded 42" Mini cabinets should start shipping end of next week! Let me know if you are looking to add one to your collection.

Christopher
[email protected]
608-393-2299 Cell

#460 3 years ago

the computer doesn't know that it is a deluxe or a standard cabinet, so the dongle and software should be the same. as for parts, betson is your best bet for oem parts.

1 week later
#477 3 years ago

Ed, thanks for the pictures and the kind words.

For the rest, the 42" mini is just that, a 42". If you want a larger screen then you should be looking at the panorama.

If anyone is looking to get a new one (or used) let me know.

Fyi, I answered johnny this morning when I saw the message.

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Yes it’s the online version. They said since it’s residential I can cancel the monthly subscription at any time. I think you are usually locked in for 12 months. I figure I can try the different content and then buy the modules I really like to avoid the monthly fee. You would still have access to all the BBH non-premium content once subscription is cancelled

I double-checked on this, and you need to maintain a 12-month subscription (doesn't have to be 12 consecutive months, but must be 12 total months) before going offline. This is what I am being told.

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

He did a AWESOME job answering all my questions!
At this point, I am leaning new and not used. I will have to think about it more.

The exact details of this would be great. It would help me to pull the trigger. $480.00 total after game cost is reasonable.
But when you go offline and not paying anymore after that, are all the games loaded on the unit?
Or will you not be able to play some games offline?
(I don't care about custom settings or what my rank is, I just want to be able to play all games available at the time I purchased the unit).
We love the 2020 Golden Tee I picked up nib. I never plan to put it online. About every 4 years I may buy a upgrade chip to have the newest games added.
I am interested in BBH, I just have to study all the info for a while.

After the 12 month of online subscription you would be able to cancel the monthly subscription and you would be left with base buck hunter games (with the bonus games that came with that).

1 week later
#496 3 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Anyone have a BBH HD to sell around Denver area?

I think GEX might have some.

1 week later
#511 3 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Anyone know if you can switch back and forth on the HD models between online and offline playing and how hard or easy that is to do?
Also curious, if I have my own home game and have it set for online and pay for play, how do the finances work if you're putting all the money into your own game but playing "pro" or in weekly tournaments? I assume Raw Thrills takes some % of what is put in (and i'm sure it's logged in the system). I.e. if I have one of these at home and want to pay to play in weekly tournaments, etc. do I get to play a lot cheaper since it's my game and have access to the cash box?

Scott,

You can call into Coin-up and go on or offline month to month. with a brand new reloaded you will have to complete a 12 month term before going completely offline. Wether you do that in 12 consecutive months or if you go online for 3 months and offline (game turned off) for 9 months (this would end up taking 4 years then), it doesn't matter. A 12 month term is need for a new reloaded game. On the other hand, if you have a BBH HD you can go online at any time, then go offline and will be left with the base game (and/or any update packs you have purchased).

As far as playing at home in tournaments, this is not allowed. You can play online, but you can not participate in tournaments. If you are found playing from home in tournaments you will be removed from any tournaments there after. "Pro" and weekly tournemnts are designed to get people to play games on location.

If you are in the market for a Big Buck Hunter HD or the new Reloaded let me know. We can always work out a deal towards one of your games...

1 week later
#514 3 years ago

hey guys. i have had a couple of questions so here is what I have.

I currently have a few of the Big Buck Hunter HD 42" mini cabinets and some more on the way. These are used machines and will be checked over for functionality and updated to the latest code. Used games come with the original 5 animal pack (moose, elk, whitetail deer, kudu, and wildebeest) and some bonus games. Since these are used machines there might be some wear on the decals, guns, monitor, etc. Price is $4250 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes. Bill acceptors not included.

Why go used when you can go new?

Price - $4250 used / $6,000+ new (online) close to $10,000 new (offline)

connectivity - used can be configured to play offline from the start / new MUST be online for 12 months (not 1 year, but 12 total months)

game packs - used can have game packs added to it for offline use / new might be able to add games after the 12 month contract is fulfilled.

Both new and used can be put online to enjoy all the content that Raw Thrills has to offer. Current cost is $39.99 a month for online connectivity.

Let me know if you have any questions about these or any other games. We are authorized distributors for just about everything (Raw Thrills, Incredible Technologies, Jersey Jack, Stern, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Spooky Pinball, Namco, Benchmark, Elaut, Coast to Coast and more!)

20200820_124748 (resized).jpg20200820_124748 (resized).jpg20200819_090450 (resized).jpg20200819_090450 (resized).jpg20200819_090502 (resized).jpg20200819_090502 (resized).jpg20200819_090518 (resized).jpg20200819_090518 (resized).jpg20200819_090528 (resized).jpg20200819_090528 (resized).jpg20200819_090532 (resized).jpg20200819_090532 (resized).jpg20200819_090537 (resized).jpg20200819_090537 (resized).jpg20200819_090542 (resized).jpg20200819_090542 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#523 3 years ago

Fyi, all the used 42 mini that I have are on wheels, so you just have to get it under the door. You can probably remove the topper (if it comes installed) and get the room you need.

1 week later
#540 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

So if you buy the online version, you can play Big Buck Hunter without paying the $ 39.99/month, but if you want to play any of the other games you need to pay the monthly fee? Is it possible to turn the monthly fee on and off per month? (have it on during winter month, off during summer for example) Given the huge price difference, and if you have good internet connection, just wondering, why would a person consider the offline version? Anyone know who has the best deal on these, shipped to Missouri?

if you purchase a new Reloaded (42" mini or panorama) then you will NEED to have the game online for 12 months (can be turned off and on) before taking it completely offline. durnig this 12 month time, if you turn the online connectivity off, you will not be able to play ANY games. after the 12 month term then you will have access to the 5 animals and bonus games when not connected online.

on the other hand, if you purchase a used Big Buck Hunter HD, then you can either put the game online (and offline again when desired) and have access to everything, or you can have it offline and have access to the 5 animals and bonus games (and any other game packs you wish to purchase).

let me know if this helps.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

Interesting, do you know how much the full reloaded (including Terminator, In Case of Monsters: Lost Island, etc.) upgrade for an HD is? I am trying to weigh purchasing a used HD plus the full Reloaded upgrade versus a new Reloaded machine...

so, in order to do the online subscription you need to have the "reloaded" software on your hd machine. once you have that then you can get all the content online. if you wish to stay offline and purchase all of the current game packs, bonus games, zombies, terminator, monster island, etc, you are in the $5500-$6000 range (zombie, terminator and monster island are about $1350 each, the animal packs (1 and 2) and duck dynasty are $650 each

a new online reloaded game is $6,000, the offline version is $10,000 (this is for the 42" mini cabinet).

1 week later
#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

How fixable are these things? I found one for $500, but apparently the person can't get it to work. Someone mentioned a possible dead I/O board. I'd be interested if parts were available and it could be fixed.
[quoted image]

Fairly fixable. as yours sits right now it appears that the computer is not on. could be a dead cr-2032 battery, ram, power supply, motherboard, etc. new guns (or replacement parts) are available, crt monitors are repairable.

I would start with the computer. open the front door and push the power button on the computer. does it boot up? if so, then you have dead battery (or the bios weren't set properly). If not, then you need to start looking at power supply or motherboard (look for bulging capacitors on the board).

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Oops. Sorry for the confusion. It's for sale, I haven't purchased it yet.
If it's just a standard PC that runs it, I can definitely handle that part since I do IT. I was wondering about software license keys, HASP, reinstallation disks, etc. If it's just an issue with the PC hardware, that should be easy.

there is a security dongle that needs to be present and functional in order for the game to work. there should be recovery disks, otherwise you can order them here. https://rawthrills.com/media/software-archive/bbhp/

there are some specific pc hardware that is needed. without looking, I think it is the dell optiplex 740

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Newb question ... considering ordering a new HD reloaded unit and buying the on-line version
How does the connected part work - is it a security handshake that is happening to unlock content that is stored locally on the machine?
I ask because we are out in the sticks and our "on-line" is a cell based siim card - 60mbs max

The machine needs to be able to call in briefly once every 14 days to stay online.

We can ship games anywhere in the country. If you're looking to get into the fun world of big buck hunter let us know and we'll get you set up.

[email protected]

#567 3 years ago

Here is the new flyer for the "At home sales." There is a lot included. If you want new, we can do that. If you are looking for a used HD, we have 10 in stock right now ready to go. Some of them even have other games (zombies, duck dynasty, animal packs, etc) included.

Online@Home_Flyer_USA (resized).jpgOnline@Home_Flyer_USA (resized).jpg
#571 3 years ago

the flyer shows the games that available for ONLINE play.

#575 3 years ago

Just curious.
What is your best score in the animal hunts so far?
I am making 21k pretty regular now.
I wonder what a absolute perfect score would be?
My guess is around 40k.
This game is FUN!
(I also contacted my distro to see if I can add a bow to this game and how much).
This game and Golden Tee are both fun enough that I plan to keep purchasing upgrades.
(and with the virus stuff and companies hurting to sell to locations, I am sure the manufacturers hope a lot more HOU people like me help their bottom line).
In all fairness, I will say that the callouts in BBH are getting repetitive fast, but that does not bother me, still more callouts than most pins.
While ago a GT callout said he is on the green and putting from Egypt, and that was the first time I have ever heard that, and this game has been played a LOT.
GT has the most callouts I have ever heard.
BBH callouts are so redneck they will keep you laughing.
Both games are AWESOME!
Call your distro now!
(can some distros give me a referral fee)?

We typically give $100 referral fee towards the purchase of your next game for anyone who actually purchases a game.

1 week later
#605 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thanks to Christopher at Kingpin Games ... I am up and running 100%!

Glad to hear it all went well. Thank you for the mention. If anyone else is looking for a game just let us know. Still have some used Big Buck HD in stock and ready to ship, new ones usually ship within a day or two of receiving payment.

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

So tempted to snag one !

Let me know how we can assist. Both new and used available

4 weeks later
#662 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Discovered a lot in the last few weeks and was able to dramatically reduce overall sound levels of the cabinet fans
Details here!
https://thepinballloft.com/
Noise reduction:
Overall dropped by over 6db +
Lower dropped by 14db
Upper dropped by 6db[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Evening all - Question for those with the Reloaded, Online Version. I got everything online and the Operator Account setup etc. but what is the process for free play in home environment? I did not see any freeplay settings in the menu. Do you all just add Service Credits or am I missing something?
Also, BIG THANKS to Greg @ Pinball Pro for getting me the game super fast. Shaved 5+ weeks off the wait time I was quoted from other distributor.

Should be in the main menu, then player costs, then free play.

#690 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So. On the reloaded product page, there is no link to an approved monitor list.
On the HD Wild page there is, but after trying 5 or 6 I can’t get any of them.
Is there an updated list?

I have a bunch of "barnwood" panoramas that have 75" monitors. they look amazing, but they are HUGE!

I do have a customer with a panorama in her house that has a 75" lcd on it and she loves it.

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Just got a big buck hunter pro that has been updated to open season and found this thread. The game boots up and seems to run fine but no display. If I plug the cable going to the monitor into a standard pc monitor the screen shows up so appears the issue is just with the 27” monitor. Hopefully I didn’t make a mistake buying this game for $300
I know zero about arcades/monitors but it looks very clean, neck doesn’t glow at all and checked/verified the small fuse on the board where power connects to it is good. Anyone got any advice on how to best proceed troubleshooting this monitor issue? Any guidance on replacement monitor if it comes to that? Thanks for any advice/help!!!
Matt

can you hear a "ticking" coming form the monitor chassis? if so, then you have a blown HOT (High Output Transistor). It will be located on a large metal heatsink. You can usually cross reference the numbers on the them to find a replaceable one. It will involve removing the chassis from the monitor (be careful as there are some VERY high voltages associated with crt (tube) monitors.

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Thanks for the feedback. So what would you advise for setup for someone new? I like the idea of being able to play multiple versions (like safari, etc) and I don’t want things to burnout on me (like the old monitors) Is there a setup where this is possible? I like the idea of mounting a newer TV.

The pro, safari, open season, and world are (mostly) only available in the 27" crt style. The safari, open season and world had a 42" lcd deluxe model. The "world" is a combination of the previous 3 models.

The newer hd (and now reloaded) uses the sensor style guns. They are the ones that have online connectivity and allow for many games to be played.

We have both the hd (used) and reloaded ready to go.

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from dropdeadhippie:

Just found a makvision 25.5” lcd Multisync monitor (49-2861-50). Says it does vga,cga,ega. Happ customer service said they don’t know if it would work in my bbh open season. Anyone tried this, Can I can replace my heavy 27” crt with this lcd display? Will it work ok with the light guns?
They have a 25% restocking fee so pretty expensive to just guess/try.
Thanks!

Not likely. I dont believe the LCD screen will create the bright white screen when you pull the trigger. That's what the guns in your game use to track movements

1 month later
#795 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just tuning into this thread after seeing it active.
Way more appealing to possibly buy one if there are online/pinside tournaments
Quesitons for owners:
What specific model do you have of the reloaded?
What was your cost to door/delivered?
Do you need to pay for online ($40 per month) service to do this stuff if in your home?
Any place to find slightly used games for sale?

PM sent over.

#808 3 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

From what I understand.
If you have a big buck HD unit they will give you the upgrades to the latest reloaded with a 12/mo $40/month commitment which includes online features like our tournament and every single mode, upgrade, and every single new mode as long as you are paying the $40/mo.
Go offline after 12 months and you will have everything you currently own, all updated to the last version released when you stopped your sub.

That is close, but a couple things.

Call coin up and get the free "reloaded" update and topper. Once you have it updated, then you can go online. The current cost is $39.99 a month.

From what I understand, the 12 month contract is only on the brand new games. For the used customers that are upgrading they can go online for one month if that's what they choose.

#819 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hell yeah in Both clubs thanks to the mighty Christopher at KingPinGames!! Shooting birdies and buck, can't get better then that! Loving the games and to my amazement so do my wife and kids who at times don't even care that there is a gameroom downstairs lol. For anyone considering, I have (as usual) nothing but incredible praise for the service/support for KingPin Christopher. I wish every transaction was as smooth as this for everything. The Buck hunter was used but looked like new and he set it up exactly as I wanted without a hitch. Good fun, good times!
Snooping side note: For anyone interested it looked like he had Several like new condition Buck Hunter games in stock ready to go!
[quoted image]

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Joined the club last week. Been looking at getting a shooter for a long time. This new "mini" cab is perfect. Thanks to kingpingames for dropping it off.
Went with online for now, and will do the $40 a month and reevaluate after 1 year. Thought about going all in at nearly $10k offline, but online is more reasonable and lets you try stuff out before committing to anything offline, if ever.
Pros:
Killer build quality, instantly thought how this is not some cheap Stern.
Lots of metal, these toppers could kill someone if they fell on your head.
Mini comes with awesome monitor, heavy duty chassis, and what feels like thick glass on the screen.
Cabinet is stunning, with color changing LEDs integrated into music/lightshows, gameplay, and even attract mode.
While big, it's perfect size to get in most homes, unlike their later model driving games and whatnot.
Kids and friends have already played it more than any other pinball ever in my basement.
Game variety and selection.
Cons:
Goofy, confusing pricing models, they should just gear a home version software package with everything for $8k or so.
Too much stuff you'll never use at home, that could save on price/packaging for home buyer. (Verizon 4g, credit card chip and pin swiper, bill validator, etc.)
Getting game setup for "home use" mode not straight forward, it's not hard either. I can see "old" people struggling here.
Games that aren't really pump shotgun-esk are laborious. Terminator is cool, and the mini/turret guns are a nice rest, but they should just code a setting where you can play with a machine gun in certain games. BBH is fun with pump, wouldn't change that, but since this is a variety focused cab, should have options for gun types.
While sound output is good, wish it had stereo.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the kind words guys. I will pass the suggestions of the Terminator settings on to the people that can make those decisions.

#832 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

kingpingames and everyone else. I got the call from Beth at Play Mechanix this week to officially sign up my home use online fee. There are no contractual obligations, meaning you can go online or offline at your preference. The 12 month contract thing was not interpreted correctly, or is no longer the case.

i will get some clarity on this and report back.

thank you

2 weeks later
#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

1.32 a day rounding up! I just wish mine would get here so I could start paying the monthly fee and finish last in all these tournaments. The waiting is killing me but will be completely worth it.

The wait is almost over. It was strapped to the pallet today, just doing final check over and shipping out hopefully tomorrow!

#916 3 years ago

you guys are becoming very well informed on all of this. when can I put you all on the payroll to sell machines?

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Just out of curiosity.
How many machines are on location compared to a decade ago?
Are a higher percentage on location or in home?

there are definitely more games going into home each day. Covid pushed that number up a lot.

With the popularity of the tournaments and championships there have been more games going to location since you have to play on location to participate in these tournaments.

I don't have numbers, but I would say it definitely up!

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sorry to take this backwards but can anyone comment on if it is possible to upgrade a Safari to play just Big Buck Pro if you have the dongle, etc? I'd prefer to upgrade it to World but there doesn't seem to be many (if any) dongles/upgrade kits out there.

Should be able to install the pro software and remove the safari dongle.

#934 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you! Just to clarify, I don't want to take off Safari. Just wondering if it can be integrated so I have the option of playing or choosing from eithee... or do I need the Big Buck world dongle with everything on one?

ah, okay.

as far as I know this is not possible.

1 week later
#985 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine has a metal keypad like an old pay phone on the front and I can login this way, but I usually just use the card reader.

newer machines no longer have them because... well, there are no more payphones so the cost of this keypad has become too high most of the time. And, the camera / card reader is the way to go.

#989 3 years ago

i will enquire about it, but I might be a feature on the new reloaded cabinet only.

i will find out and post when I know what I am dealing with

1 week later
#1037 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Thanks I'll see if I can make this work.

If you need a part let me know.

1 week later
#1055 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Sometimes my game goes blank and unresponsive. Like it freezes up or something. I haven't seen it happen but I will come back the the screen is blank and won't do anything. If I turn it off wait like 30 seconds it will boot up and play normally. I checked the troubleshooting section in the manual but that didn't suggest anything. Any ideas?
It's a BBH Panaroma with the Reloaded software
Thanks

Does it do this during gameplay or attract mode? Is it always in the same spot (if so, then I would think bad hard drive).

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

I think it's always in attract mode. It has never happened during game play. When it goes through the initial file test it's fine.
What do I do to replace the hard drive? Is it possible to upgrade it to a ssd or is that not worth the time?
Also Christopher do you sell the terminator salvation topper that goes on the HD panorama
Thanks
Thanks

Yes, you can put in an ssd drive. You might get some performance boost on boot up, but probably nothing else.

Essentially you will take the old drive out, I install the new drive, insert the usb drive with the reloaded software on it, and let the system load everything for you.

Yes, we have the toppers. $99 plus shipping.

#1084 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So I'm interested in opinions on premium content. Is Duck Dynasty any good? Which is the best of the group?
Also, if you buy both animal packs (#1 & #2), is it $500 apiece ($1k) or $750 apiece?

Toppers are $99 plus shipping.

Premium content is per game.

Best thing you can do is pay the $40 a month subscription, play all the games, then decide if you want to buy them outright. Each addon game varies from $650-$1300, so even at the cheap end you are still looking at 16 month subscription before breaking even. If you do the subscription you can also participate in the online tournaments and have access to all (including any new content).

Let me know if you have any other questions

1 month later
#1124 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m helping an amusement outfit build up a gameroom, the owners are going to use a freeplay method on machines and charging a fee at the door ,
What is the best way to handle freeplay after purchasing a machine for this environment?

Best to call play mechanix to figure this out. Essentially you could run it on stock freeplay which gives you the 5 base animals and bonus courses, or you could run it in "home edition" online which means paying $39.99 a month and having access to all the games, but not being able to participate in the coin op tournaments.

#1125 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've seen some used cabs go for ~$2.5-3k, which seems like a super solid deal. Is that common these days? I'm thinking I'd like one of these next to my Golden Tee, but I can't justify $5.5-6k on one.

We have some used minis and panorama units in the 4200-4500 range. They can then be played as is or upgraded to reloaded.

#1132 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

How much does an upgrade to Reloaded run?

They are free. You will get a USB flash drive to upgrade your software and a new translite. In order to play the newer games (duck dynasty, terminator, monster island, etc) you'll either put it online for a monthly fee or buy the expansion games outright (650-1300 or title).

2 weeks later
#1137 3 years ago

thanks for keeping this going! I know a lot of people are enjoying it.

1 month later
#1159 2 years ago

Which game do you have? Pro, open season, hd, reloaded?

Regardless, I would start by reloading with the most current software to see if that cures it. If not, then it's time to look at the motherboard for bulging capacitors.

Does your game have a dedicated graphic card? Are the system/cpu fans all working?

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have an hd reloaded with an hp elite desk computer with a dedicated graphics card. It has a 4gb stick of ram , I have another stick of ram on order, I have temporarily turned the pc upside down and removed the side of the case and installed a faster case fan, and I turned up the power of the cabinet fan all to increase air flow.

Okay. I would keep an eye on the graphics card to make sure it is not over heating.

2 weeks later
#1171 2 years ago

@jalpert, thanks for continuing to do this. i think the people that participate really like it.

for the rest of you, if you are thinking about getting a new buck hunter be aware that like everyone else, there is now a backlog of new orders. we will have a few panoramas in july and then some 43" mini coming in august. if you wish to secure one of these let me know.

thank you

1 month later
#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Any pinheads going to the world tournament this year?

i will most likely be there

1 week later
#1199 2 years ago

for anyone interested, i have a handfull of brand new Big Buck Hunter Reloaded 43" mini in stock. Panoramas will be coming in mid august.

Just lke the pinball world, Raw Thrills is behind and the next batch is september as far as i know.

1 month later
#1220 2 years ago

For anyone on the fence, we are doing a show special for midwest gaming.

The agreement is that the machines stay plugged in and on the gaming floor until the conclusion of the event. Games will be brought to the show and set up at no cost. Any applicable sales taxes will need to be paid (5.5% for Wisconsin). The games listed will be the only ones available for purchase. There will be other games from these manufacturers available to play, but with such short supplies, they will be needed for other shows. There are limited amounts of each game and once the allotment is gone, it is gone.

not looking to ship, but can if needed.

Games must be paid in full BEFORE the show begins.

Big Buck Hunter Reloaded 43" Mini - MSRP $6295 - Show Special $5595
Big Buck Hunter Reloaded Panorama (add your own monitor) - MSRP $5895 - Show Special - $5195

1 month later
#1244 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Is there a way to turn this off without going off line? I don't feel like little Johnny at my party hitting the button a hundred times and me getting a surprise bill.

From my understanding, it should be off as a default and you will have to "opt-in" to make it available.

#1245 2 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Anyone know what it costs in an arcade to do pro mode for 3 sites, or the weekly target trek mode?

I would have to check, but i believe it is $3 per trek from default.

1 week later
#1255 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to get a new Buck Hunter Reloaded Mini (new design, rgb led trim, cup holders, etc) before Thanksgiving let me know. The latest batch will be in the warehouse and ready to ship starting Monday 11/15/2021.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Starting to think about adding a BBH or other shooter to our game room.
Where is the sweet spot of age/price for these?
Does a Big Buck World in the 27" cabinet use an LCD or CRT?
What's the going price for a mini/42" HD? Not sure I'm willing to step up to the ~$7k for a reloaded.
thanks!

Orginal Big Buck Hunter Pro was released in 2005 with a 27" crt monitor and a microtel computer. All of the games in that cabinet will be a 27" crt monitor. Starting with the Safari (Open Season and World also) there is a 42" LCD Deluxe model also.

Pro should be in the $1000 range, then add around $300 for each newer model

HD was introduced around 2015 with the 42" lcd screen and a panorama version where you could add your own monitor. These should be in the $4000 range. They can also be upgraded (for free) the the Reloaded software.

The newest version is Reloaded and there is a new Mini cabinet with the internal gun storage, led t-molding, different cabinet art, etc. These around $6395

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Hi. If I understand correctly, in order to get other games for this (i.e. Terminator), you need to purchase the software, or better yet get an on-line subscription for $40/month, which gets you access to all on-line content. Is there a list anywhere of what that other on-line content would be?

BBHR_Poster_Mini_new.pdfBBHR_Poster_Mini_new.pdf
#1261 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

This is very helpful. Thanks! I see that they also did a 32" version for HD which could be perfect for the area I have. I don't see any (used) for sale, but I'll keep an eye out.

yeah, the 32" BBH HD is a pretty rare unit. I have never actually seen one in person.

1 week later
#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Can anyone explain to me the pricing and details of having an online BBH on location. I’m looking to put one on route and want to fully understand how it works with raw thrills. Do they get a monthly fee or per play? Thanks

let me know if this helps.

Big Buck Hunter_ Reloaded Sales Team Presentation.pdfBig Buck Hunter_ Reloaded Sales Team Presentation.pdf
#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Thinking about getting one of these. If you get the online model and decide to stop paying the subscription, is the whole thing useless or do you still have the core game playable?

You will have to core game. 5 animals and some bonus games.

We have both 43"mini and panorama in stock and ready to ship.

[email protected]

#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Refresh rate is nice for visuals but you need a tv with a good response time/input lag (lower is better)
This is raw thrills approved monitors list. I think they have been updating it. Read the links too. You can also buy a good tv not on this list that has a 15ms or so refresh rate. If it has “game mode” you will likely be fine if you use that.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amekm0qkosiDdDVkUWJZSldFbHg4T1ZwOEc1OTVLOUE#gid=6

Another suggestion would be to get a tv that automatically turns on when it sees a signal. Not a deal breaker, but a good thing especially for a location game.

#1279 2 years ago

24.75" wide

79.5" tall to the top of the monitor supports.

We have them in stock and ready to ship

[email protected]

#1281 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Thanks so much! That’s for the panorama?

Correct. Just measured the one in my showroom. The TV uprights are not installed in the box, so it technically is about 30 inches shorter on the box

1 week later
#1291 2 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I also reached out to RawThrills about this. On my bill for last month it also looked like I had been charged for Reloaded content. I was confused by this because on the game it still says this content is free and was never told it would cost extra. As it turned out (at least in my case) this was just an error in how it was labeled on my bill. I guess it should have been labeled as "tournament play" and "pro play". Basically I played $5.25 per Adventure as I thought but the "pro play" was erroneously labeled as "reloaded play" but the charges were correct. Overall I'll be keeping the Pro option on mine. I like playing in the pro tournaments even though it costs a little extra. Everything else is the same as it would be with the usual $40 per month.

This is how i understand it too.

Reloaded Online is $39.99 a month.

If you select "Pro Play" on your game at home, it is just like selecting "Pro Play" on location. You are qualifiying for the World Championship, and a portion of that money is being collected for the prize fund for said World Championship. Your bill just has the incorrect terms on it.

Thank you for reaching out to Raw Thrills to clarify this.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I'm still trying to get some more details and understanding here, but for the life of me I don't understand everyone's complaining about Raw Thrills offering the "Pro" mode at home. Maybe it's because this group doesn't fully understand what "Pro" mode is? Here's my perspective:
- Sounds like there's a monthly fee to have it online so that you can play whatever content you want as much as you want. Perfect. This play doesn't qualify towards the weekly tournaments with payouts coming from Raw Thrills and doesn't add to your pro playfier profile for the annual tournament.
- Now it sounds like they are offering the *option* to also be able to play the "Pro" mode from home. Yes, this costs more money, IT HAS TO. The "Pro" mode allows for thousands of dollars of weekly payouts from Raw Thrills to the top players as well as building a pool to the million dollars or whatever it is that they pay out at the annual global tournament. For all those that dont see the value, that's fine, shoot better. I know my case is not common, but I won over $2K last year between weekly tourneys and my global tourney finish (another local buddy of mine won over $10K this year). Additionally, for me, I have to pay $3/trek to compete and build my weekly/global scores - being able to play for $2/trek at home with a perfectly calibrated gun is HUGE and would literally save me 33% of what I spend monthly on Big Buck - that's enough to probably cover the $40 monthly fee and pay the machine back, lol.
Anyway, to reiterate, you gotta pay more for the pro mode because it pays more out to the players. if you dont care about winning money or building your global leaderboard scores then there's absolutley no reason for anyone to play the Pro mode.
Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding any of this...
King Pin - I'll be emailing you about pricing and timing on a mini.

Ha, i got all the way to the bottom line thinking "i'll shoot him an email soon," when i saw your message.

I have about 10 new 43" mini (online) in stock and ready to go.

#1309 2 years ago

Thanks for all those that ordered and all the nice words.

Still a few minis left I'm stock. Order now and (possibly) get before Christmas. We allow pick ups 7 days a week from our North Freedom, WI office too.

[email protected]

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I don't get it, what does Buck Hunter become if you don't have the content? You can only shoot at one type of animal?

if you take the game "offline" you will still have the 5 base animals and some of the bonus games.

If you go the online route to save money on the game price, you still have to pay for a year of online, but does not have to be all at the same time(best I can remember).

you can go online for one month if you wish. the year long contract has been eliminated. some of our customers will play "offline" most of the year and then go online when they are having people over that month (4th of July, Thanksgiving, etc).

#1333 2 years ago

That is weird, my mini offline came with one already installed.

The minis come with the dba installed, the panoramas do not.

Raw Thrills uses a 12v system at the door for the bill acceptors. you can either use the Mars 12v dc acceptors, or use a 110v ac cable and tap into the coin switches.

As for the operator setup, you can try to get it setup via the on screen menu. if that doesn't work, then you will need to call and talk with Bethany at Play Mechanix. 866-646-1975

#1340 2 years ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Joined the Big Buck Club a few weeks ago
Got a routed Pro from a local arcade refurb guy who cleaned it up
Guessing it’s from 2005/2006
Has the basic hunting trips on it that it came with
What kind of software or upgrades can be done to it?? Can you add safari hunts or other stuff to it??
[quoted image]

You can upgrade it to the following

Safari
Open season
World

Each would require its own dongle and restore software.

9 months later
#1369 1 year ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

My basement ceilings are only 79 inches. Would this fit if it didn't have the marque/topper?

arrording to the manual, yes it will.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 5.10.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-06 at 5.10.30 PM (resized).png
#1371 1 year ago

This is the week! Big Buck Hunter World Championship!

https://www.bigbuckhunter.com/world/about

Come on down to Joe's Live in Rosemont, IL to be part of the action! There will be Buck Hunters open to play and other Raw Thrills games!

We (Kingpin Games) will also have a seperate area with some pinball machines (subject to change)

Stern

Godzilla Premium
Rush Premium
Big Buck Hunter Pinbal

Jersey Jack

Toy Story 4
Guns n Roses

Chicago Gaming

Cactus Canyon Remake Special

American Pinball

Legends of Valhalla Deluxe

We will have a High Score Tournament on each game. The winner (one winner per event, you can not win on two games), and the winner will recieve a KingPin Hoddie and a KingPin hat! You do not need to be present to win.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you

#1376 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

After hours of research, tinkering and web searches I decided to try a different SSD. It recognized it instantly. I tried the bad SSD on my reader and it seems dead. Foolish of me to think only one thing failed. Whatever killed my Mobo also killed my SSD.
Now the install on the new drive keeps failing. It was years ago when I last did this. I think I needed to install Pro before the World upgrade?

Correct, it needs to see the pro software and dongle, then the world software and dongle.

1 week later
#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’m waiting for a replacement for my green tipped gun on my BBH. My distributor is arranging the replacement, but naturally Raw Thrills is short staffed, it was supposed to go out last week, the order wasn’t put in until Monday, etc……etc…..
I started noticing an issue on my green tipped gun where the reticle would suddenly not be 1 to 1 with where it was being aimed. It was obviously more noticeable during any game selection screens. The shots would break like a second after a trigger pull. So, basically, lag was introduced. Unplugging the USB from the green tipped gun, plugging it back in (to the computer’s USB connection in the front), and then cycling the TEST menu on/off would get the computer to see the green tipped gun again. But, almost randomly in-game, no particular trek/site, the reticle would start lagging again. I tried rebooting the machine, everything…. I went back and forth w/ tech support before I finally just took the gun apart to see what was going on. The problem was immediately noticeable. On the USB cable coming up from the butt of the stock up and into the optical board, there was some shielding on the cable that was stripped. The wires were stressed just enough that if the player manipulated the gun normally, it was entirely possible that the signal to the optical board would be temporarily interrupted causing the loss of communication, resulting in the lag I was seeing.
Let me tell, you taking the gun apart is not fun. I’m pretty competent at it now, but wow…the little torx bits they give you are almost useless compared to my own set. They use two different sized torx security screws and all of them have these easy to lose hex nuts on the underside. I went and ordered two bags of extra hardware (as well as some other backup lightgun parts) from Suzo Happ. Nice to have around for replacing worn out parts or parts that just get lost.
Thankfully, its still under warranty…new guns are almost $500.

Just to clear things up a bit, it is not Raw Thrills that is short staffed. The parts and tech support are all done by Betson.

As for the torx screws, yeah, they are a bit of pain. If you are doing anything with arcade games (and some pinball), i would just invest in a nicer set of the torx drivers. You can get them almost anywhere now. I have found that holding a finger over the nuts on the back is usally enough force to help them seat in there better.

Quoted from twenty84:

That chart posted is for location games where they take a cut of the coin drop but the game can't be on free play.
For a home use game on free play it costs $39.99/month just to have all the extras and be able to play for free (that includes all the extra hunting sites, Terminator, Zombie game, Duck Dynasty, all the BBH sites, Showdown, etc.). If you don't want to pay the monthly fee you can play just the basic stuff at home for free or buy the additional sites for a fee (those are pretty expensive like $1k-$2k) to play offline indefinitely. That said I think on the games now sold new you need to do online for at least a year or something first. Even after you pay the monthly charge pro mode costs $2 in addition per 5 sites + bonus mode or $5.25 for 15 sites + 3 months modes each time you play those. Those allow you to win money if you do well enough and qualify for the in person tournaments.

For the online portion, you can go "offline" immediately if you wish. You will still have the 5 base animals and some of the bonus games. There is no time requirement. You can call Play Mechanix and turn the "online" feature off and on each month if you wish, but it is only done by the month.

We don't have all the answers, but we are pretty knowledgable on this subject. If anyone has any other questions or wants something clarified, just ask. I check pinside at least once every other day. If you need a faster response, please email us at [email protected]

1 week later
#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So i walked into our campground gameroom today and the screen said left gun not connected. Anyone know how to trouble shoot or fix? Suggestions? This is a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded

This was fixed by swapping the gun to a different USB port in case anyone else has an issue.

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Hey guys,
Still on the fence about buying one. When you get a home online model and pay the monthly fee. If you have guests come over can they create an account on your machine so when they come over they just have to log in? Or do they have to pay also?
Thanks

We have both the Mini and Panorama in stock and ready to ship.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out (or as her as this group is really knowledgeable.

[email protected]

2 weeks later
#1425 1 year ago

Hey guys, now is the time to get in on the Buck Hunter group. Order soon to get delivery by Christmas.

Buck Hunter Reloaded Online Mini in stock and ready to ship (panoramas are scheduled for after the first of the year).

[email protected]

Thank you

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any chance raw thrills is enhancing or redesigning their guns...playing terminator with the pump gun is exhausting...

Not that i am aware of, but i will send them a message (again).

3 weeks later
#1431 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I was thinking of getting a Big Buck Hunter Reloaded a few years back but never pulled the trigger. Thinking about it again and noticed this version as currently being for sale. Does anyone by chance have a used mini 42" like this they are thinking of selling?
[quoted image]

If you decide you wish to go new let us know. I have them in stock and ready to ship.

No credit card fees for the month of december either!

1 week later
#1443 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Thinking of getting a mini too....I just hate paying the monthly 39 bucks... Can you stop it and start it when you want? The home edition is crazy priced.....what kind of numbers for a mini version....... thx

Yes, you can take the mini "offline" if you wish. You will still have the 5 base animals (elk, kudu, whitetail deer, moose, and wilderbeast) and some of the bonus games. I would highly advise paying the monthly fee for the first month or two and see if you like playing anything else. You can add other animals, duck dynasty, in case of zombies, in case of monsters, or terminator salvation delta "a la carte" later. The prices range from $625 - $1250 per title.

Other than the games, you also have the ability to play in tournaments (like described in this thread), participate in qualifing for World Championship (fees apply), use the bow hunting feature, and get any new games / promotions that Raw Thrills releases in the future.

If you go with the full "offline" game just note that you will not be able to go bow hunting. That is an online only feature.

We have mini's new in the box and ready to ship. $7495 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.

Let me know

[email protected]

#1445 1 year ago

For online right? How much are the offline mini's selling for?

$10495

you are essentially paying for ALL the current content (minus bow hunting)

we have those available now too.

#1448 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So Just to be clear the 39 bucks a month covers all the extra games except tourney matches? Example no extra fee to play term salvation,zombie or any of the other prem . games

$39.99 a month. Here is the attached sheet. A homeowner would be the second column (online / non commercial).

BBHr Model Guide 2022.pdfBBHr Model Guide 2022.pdf
1 week later
#1450 1 year ago

... and yet they still had the balls to drop it off. Sometimes just can't understand how ANYONE thinks this is acceptable.

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

So does the minni come fully assembled?...looks wider than a pinball....just wondering how hard is it to get in the basement with a 32" door way?

Quoted from JKirby:

Yes it comes full assembled minus the 'Big Buck Hunter' 2nd level marquee. You'll need to take off the monitor & sensor bar marquee to get it through a standard size door. Can one person do it? Yes. Should one person do it? No. Just takes some time to unbolt everything and disconnect cables, not a major undertaking.

Technically this is not true. The machine is 29" front to back. You can leave the marque and monitor attached if you turn the machine sideways. If you are going up or down stairs, then I would recommend taking the marquee and monitor off so you have a flat side to put the dolly against.

#1464 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Can you also take the monitor and back off the Panorama version for the same reason? And how easy is it to do. I have a very narrow doorway going down into the basement.
Panorama would be the one I get when I do , its either 290 pounds or 420 pounds going up and down the stairs, Just seems easier.

The panorama does not come with a monitor, so there is nothing to take off from the factory. Also, the uprights that the monitor attaches to are not installed from the factory so height is about 35" or so.

Width: 31.5” Depth: 51.694”

We should have more panorama in stock by the end of the month.

Let me know if this helps.

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

Hi everyone.
I am thinking about purchasing a "RELOADED" (Mini) version, but can NOT find the answers to my questions, so I am hoping you can help me.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how many ANIMALS there are if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?
Also, how many BONUS GAMES are there if I do NOT subscribe to the monthly service, compared to if I do subscribe?
Is there an option to play BONUS GAMES only WITHOUT subscribing to the monthly service?
Lastly, is there an OPTION in the SETTINGS where you do NOT have to PUMP the GUN to SHOOT while playing a trek or bonus game?
THANK YOU to all in advance. I APPRECIATE it.

3rd column

number of animals

5 animals (Elk, Kudu, Moose, Whitetail Deer, and Wildebeest)

number of bonus games

bonus game only option

yes

option for not pump

no setting like that in the menu system
BBHr Model Guide 2022.pdfBBHr Model Guide 2022.pdf

#1484 1 year ago

One thing that drives me crazy is that on the Terminator game, you have to pump everytime. It's simply not fun, and not the way that game was designed. There should be an option to turn pumping off, and unless I'm mistaken, there's not.
Is there a way to get this feedback to Raw Thrills?

it has been given... many times.

i will give it again.

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That was kinda my issue right there. I never played any of the “reloaded” content but I still had to pay for it every month.
There should be a $20/mo tier that includes all the traditional game and modes, but not any of the reloaded content.
And showdown needs to be fixed, it’s really broken. Disconnects, people’s scores not populating and it’s so slow. The problem is, they won’t even say there is a problem there let alone a fix.

Send me an email of the issues you are seeing (anyone that is having issue) or suggestions and I'll push it up the ladder.

Thank you for the feedback

[email protected]

4 weeks later
#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Any of you guys have to put this on a hand truck to get it downstairs ? (Panorama version ) If so what side did you put at the bottom? The side without the guns? How was you experience moving it like this? I’ve only moved pins downstairs . With the exception of my Golden tee which we kind of just slid down the stairs.
Edit: sorry looks like I already asked this a month back but got answers for the Mini version. That wont get through my basement door I have to get the Panorama. That will fit, I just want to know how easy moving it around on an appliance hand truck like a pinball machine would be.
Thanks gents.

I would take the guns off, possibly remove the computer, then flip the entire thing on its back. Then move it just like a pinball.

Fyi, we have the Panorama in stock and ready to ship if you want to proceed.

2 months later
#1635 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So I need to get a new I/O Power Supply for my Big Buck Hunter Reloaded. Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

Do you have a part number? I can get a quote if you like.

#1639 11 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m on vacation away from my machine, can someone please confirm …. a friend tells recently me to have no pump shooting…
Shoot the gun until “reload” comes on the screen. Pull trigger quickly “6” times
It will put the current game into “no pump mode”. And you can play terminator and maybe others without pumping the whole time

it is supposed to do this in case the pump switch stops working. i have not tried it personally though.

2 weeks later
#1643 10 months ago
Quoted from MN-Gopher:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the community here. I've been trying to decide between buying a new pin or BBH and have decided to go with BBH. I've also already decided that I want the online version, but am still not sure whether the mini or panorama model is right for me. I'm aware of the obvious pros and cons to both, wondering if anyone has any insight about not so obvious things that could sway my decision in either direction? It'll be going in my partially underground basement, will either need to make it down a flight of stairs or go through a window opening of approximately 54"w X 35"h.
Anyone have a recommendation on dealers to go through? I'm in the Twin Cities suburbs, looks like there are some local places I could go through or I could order online from anywhere in the country and have it shipped for free. I've had my eye on Flip N Out, they see to have better prices than most ($6495 for panorama online and $7895 for mini online).
Thanks in advance for any input. Looking forward to being more active in this community once my machine arrives!

The mini is nice because of it's smaller foot print. The monitor is removable with 4 bolts and two cables, then the topper is the same. After that the machines is pretty small and eaier to take down the stairs.

The panorama is great if you want to have larger than a 43" lcd. You can phycially go to about a 75". Anything larger than that would require the tv to be mounted to the wall.

We are located in the WI Dells, WI area. You could come and pick it up in person and we can show you how to take it apart for easier install into your basement. Our prices are the same as Flip n Out.

Let us know how we can assist you with this decision.

[email protected]
www.KingPinGames.net

1 week later
#1647 10 months ago

in case anyone missed this update from Raw Thirlls

Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded is kicking off the summer season with a significant software update including several popular, player- and operator-requested new features. Available as of Sunday, June 25th, Version 9.57 will automatically download for free to all online-connected Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded machines over the next couple of days.

The most notable additions to Version 9.57 of Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded are as follows:

Casual Mode now allows players to log in to a Big Buck Hunter player account to track personal stats as well as appear on all Adventure and Hunter Hero Leaderboards. When a player signs in to their Big Buck Hunter player account in Casual Mode, the fifth site will also transition from locked to unlocked! To create a free Big Buck Hunter player account and receive a complimentary Big Buck Hunter player card, visit here. Please note Casual Mode is only available on commercial (public) machines, as noncommercial (home) machines already have access to the above features via Classic Mode.

In addition to existing Local and Worldwide Leaderboards, Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded is introducing State Leaderboards (or in the case of Canada - Province Leaderboards!).

Want to leave the decision-making to ole faithful Pappy? Players can now randomize which animal to hunt by pressing the start button during the Animal Selection screen.

If a machine detects ongoing issues with a gun, a new “gun disable” adjustment will auto-ask players to switch to the machine’s other functioning gun.
Please ensure your Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded machines are connected online and operational to receive the Version 9.57 software update, which also includes numerous other gameplay enhancements.

we do have both the online Mini and Panorama in stock and ready to ship to your door!

3 months later
#1653 6 months ago

No new add-ons planned for this year?

Typically these things are release at or slightly after world championship (in Chicago October 20-21st)

1 week later
#1656 6 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

So it is awesome or what? Can’t find any info on it.
Head this was coming a year ago!

Anyone that is paying for a monthly subscription (or a location that is online) will have this game automatically added to thier machine soon (working on actual public release).

For those that are offline you can purchase this game a la carte ($1350).

For more information please reach out.

[email protected]

2 weeks later
#1665 5 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Is the new content available? My game is at a vacation home so I haven’t been able to check but am certainly interested in a review.
Thanks,
Mike

not yet. i am hoping to have an update this week for you guys.

#1667 5 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

ONLINE CABINETS
If you own an online Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded cabinet, you will automatically receive a FREE upgrade kit in the mail, including a brand new Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded marquee featuring The Walking Dead and Caribou! The upgrade kits are expected to ship across late November and early December. The new content will be unlocked and enabled for online cabinets on Friday, December 1st.
IMPORTANT - Please ensure your address is up-to-date in your CoinUp account by Monday, November 13th, so that your upgrade kit is delivered to the correct location! If you need assistance updating your address in your CoinUp account, please contact [email protected].
OFFLINE CABINETS
If you own an offline Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded cabinet, two separate upgrade kits are now available for purchase, each including a brand new Big Buck Hunter: Reloaded marquee featuring The Walking Dead and Caribou! The upgrade kits are expected to ship across late November and early December.
• Upgrade Kit #1 - The Walking Dead
• Upgrade Kit #2 - Reloaded Hunting Pack (Caribou, Six Bonus Games & Bow Hunting)
• Please note that the Reloaded Hunting Pack includes Bow Hunting - a challenging alternative to the classic Gun Mode.
This is the first time that Bow Hunting is available for offline cabinets!
To purchase The Walking Dead or Reloaded Hunting Pack upgrade kits, please contact [email protected] or reach out to your local distributor. Alternatively, you can connect your Big Buck Hunter:
Reloaded cabinet online at www.coinup.com to receive The Walking Dead, Caribou, Six Bonus Games, Bow Hunting and any future updates for FREE!

Thanks for posting this.

If anyone is looking to get their game online or to purchase the upgrades let us know.

New minis and panorama units are available for immediate purchase.

[email protected]

#1670 5 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Will our online cabinets auto update with the latest software?

yes, i was told the updates should happen automatically starting December 1st.

#1672 5 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thinking about getting a used, "newerish" BBH - other than graphics and topper, what's the difference between getting an HD and upgrading the SW vs the getting the panorama reloaded?
Are there any other older models that can also be upgraded to reloaded?
If anyone is looking to sell one let me know.

Starting with the hd, then hd wild, and now reloaded, all of these are capable of running the latest software.

The previous generation (pro, safari, open season, and world can not be upgraded to reloaded.

3 weeks later
#1700 4 months ago

I had to do the same thing. Once my system rebooted after the install none of my premium content was there. I waited about 30 minutes with the game on, and then the content was unlocked. The game had to coordinate with the raw thrills servers to verify the account.

On a related note, make sure your shipping address is correct in your coin-up account so you get your flash drive and marque.

If anyone is having issues let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

For you guys that have offline units and want to upgrade, shoot me an email and we can discuss the kits.

[email protected]

#1702 4 months ago
Quoted from sudbeckrn:

hello everyone, quick question.
are there any major differences besides maybe aesthetics of a BBH HD and the BBH Reloaded panorama?
saw a nice used HD for sale with the arcade/heavy duty TV on it, but wasn't sure if there are more upgrades with the newer Reloaded model.

The reloaded is a software upgrade. Other than that, they are the same hardware.

1 week later
#1717 4 months ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Amusements is not representing Raw Thrills and selling Big Buck Hunter Reloaded ! Usually in stock ready to ship !
Big Buck Hunter Mini 42" Online Model $ 8,000
Big Buck Hunter Panorama Online Model $6,500
If you have any interest feel free to shoot Joe an email at [email protected]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am sure Joe means NOW representing, instead of NOT.

Joe is good people. You guys know that.

1 week later
#1724 4 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

If I buy the newest version of the offline cabinet does it come with the new walking dead content….cant find anything that says it does on the listings I am seeing.

Yes. We just shipped out one this past week. It has all the new content on it.

Let us know if we can help you with this purchase.

[email protected]

1 month later
#1729 83 days ago

Hey hunters. We have been authorized to make banners available for the new Buck Hunter content (caribou and The Walking Dead).
Banners are 22x68 with brass grommets in the corners.
$99.99 plus shipping and any applicable sales taxes.
We are looking into potentially doing other artwork so stay tunes.

https://www.kingpingames.net/product-page/big-buck-hunter-2023-banner

3 weeks later
#1732 59 days ago

Screenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20240225_132927_Dropbox.jpg

Only difference is it says 'available now" instead of November 2023

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KingPinGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-big-buck-hunter-arcade-thread-bbh?tu=KingPinGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.